Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:32:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Multicast Extension to MAPOS NSP (Node Switch 
                          Protocol)
	Author(s)	: T. Ogura et al.
	Filename	: draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-7-24
	
Multiple Access Protocol over SONET/SDH (MAPOS) is a link-layer
protocol for transmitting network-layer datagrams encapsulated in
High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) frames over Synchronous Optical
NETwork/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH).
This document describes an extension to the Node Switch Protocol
(NSP) of MAPOS. NSP is a protocol for automatically assigning
addresses to MAPOS network interfaces of nodes. The extension NSP+
enables the nodes to provide their directly connected switches with
information about the multicast groups to which the MAPOS network
interfaces of the nodes belong, so a switch forwards only required
multicast frames to the network interfaces.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.