Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:09:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to Generalized MPLS in support of Waveband 
                          Switching 
	Author(s)	: R. Douville et al.
	Filename	: draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-04.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) extends the MPLS control plane to encompass
layer 2, time-division, wavelength and spatial switching. A
functional description of the extensions to MPLS signaling needed to
support the new types of switching is provided in [RFC-3471]. On the
other hand, along with the current development on IP over optical
switching, considerable advances in optical transport systems based
on the multiple optical switching granularities have been developed.
[RFC-3471] currently defines two layers of optical granularity using
wavelengths and fibers. By introducing an extended definition of
waveband switching, this document specifies the corresponding GMPLS
extensions, to further integrate optical multi-granularity and
benefit from the features of the corresponding switching layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-douville-ccamp-gmpls-waveband-extensions-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.