Subject: RFC 3562 on Key Management Considerations for the TCP MD5 Signature Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:57:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3562

        Title:      Key Management Considerations for the TCP MD5
                    Signature Option
        Author(s):  M. Leech
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14965
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-md5-keys-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3562.txt

The TCP MD5 Signature Option (RFC 2385), used
predominantly by BGP, has seen significant deployment in critical
areas of Internet infrastructure.  The security of this option relies
heavily on the quality of the keying material used to compute the MD5
signature.  This document addresses the security requirements of that
keying material.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.