Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:55:46 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Socket Interface Extensions for Multicast Source 
                          Filters
	Author(s)	: D. Thaler, B. Fenner, B. Quinn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
IGMPv3 for IPv4 and MLDv2 for IPv6 add the capability for
applications to express source filters on multicast group
memberships, which allows receiver applications to determine the
set of senders (sources) from which to accept multicast traffic.
This capability also simplifies support of one-to-many type
multicast applications.  It is expected that in the near future,
the same capability will be available in IPv6 as well.

This document specifies new socket options and functions to manage
source filters for IP Multicast group memberships.  It also
defines the socket structures to provide input and output
arguments to these new APIs.  These extensions are designed to
provide access to the source filtering features, while introducing
a minimum of change into the system and providing complete
compatibility for existing multicast applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-msf-api-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.