Subject: BCP 72, RFC 3552 on Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:24:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 72
        RFC 3552

        Title:      Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on Security
                    Considerations
        Author(s):  E. Rescorla, B. Korver
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       July 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 110393
        SeeAlso:    BCP 72

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-sec-cons-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3552.txt

All RFCs are required to have a Security Considerations section.
Historically, such sections have been relatively weak.  This document
provides guidelines to RFC authors on how to write a good Security
Considerations section.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.