Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:14:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Forwarding Protocol 41 in NAT Boxes
	Author(s)	: J. Palet et al.
	Filename	: draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-7-31
	
Some NAT boxes/routers allow the establishment of IPv6 tunnels from 
systems in the private LAN (using private IPv4 addresses) to routers 
or tunnel servers in the public Internet. 
As far as we know this is not a common way of use IPv6 tunnels; the 
usual way is to finish the tunnel directly in a device with an IPv4 
public address. 
This behavior provides a big opportunity to rapidly deploy a huge 
number of IPv6 nodes and networks, without the need of new transition 
mechanism. This option is very important to facilitate the IPv6 
deployment. 
This document describes this behavior and provides hints that should 
be applied in the NAT boxes and tunnel brokers to facilitate it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-proto41-nat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.