Subject: RFC 3561 on Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:59:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3561

        Title:      Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing
        Author(s):  C. Perkins, E. Belding-Royer, S. Das
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       July 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 90356
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-aodv-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3561.txt

The Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) routing protocol
is intended for use by mobile nodes in an ad hoc network.  It
offers quick adaptation to dynamic link conditions, low processing
and memory overhead, low network utilization, and determines
unicast routes to destinations within the ad hoc network.  It uses
destination sequence numbers to ensure loop freedom at all times
(even in the face of anomalous delivery of routing control messages),
avoiding problems (such as "counting to infinity") associated with
classical distance vector protocols.

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.