Subject: Protocol Action: Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 2 to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:47:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Traffic Engineering 
Extensions to OSPF Version 2' <draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-10.txt> 
as a Proposed Standard. This document is the product of the Open 
Shortest Path First IGP Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin.

Technical Summary
   
The Traffic Engineering Extensions to OSPF Version 2 define a method
for describing the traffic engineering topology (including bandwidth
and administrative constraints) and distributing this information
within a given OSPF area. The traffic engineering topology need not
be congruent with the regular routed topology.
   
Working Group Summary
   
There was strong support in the working group for this extension.
The working group made several clarifications to the document
during Working Group Last Call. Other minor changes, especially
to clarify that this extension is only suitable for intra-area
Traffic Engineering, were agreed to during IETF Last Call.
   
Protocol Quality
   
Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin reviewed the spec for the IESG. These
extensions are widely implemented and deployed.