Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yang-forces-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:16:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: ForCES Forwarding Element Functional Model
	Author(s)	: L. Yang et al.
	Filename	: draft-yang-forces-model-02.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
This document defines a functional model for forwarding elements 
(FEs) used in the Forwarding and Control Plane Separation (ForCES) 
protocol.  This model is used to describe the capabilities, 
capacities, state and configuration of ForCES forwarding elements 
within the context of the ForCES protocol, so that ForCES control 
elements (CEs) can control the FEs accordingly. The model is to 
specify what logical functions are present in the FEs, what 
capabilities these functions support, and how these functions are 
or can be interconnected. The forwarding element model defined 
herein is intended to satisfy the requirements specified in the 
ForCES requirements draft [FORCES-REQ].  Using this model, 
predefined or vendor specific logical functions can be expressed 
and configured. However, the definition of these individual 
functions are not described and defined in this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yang-forces-model-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yang-forces-model-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yang-forces-model-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.