Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-pgmcc-02.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:56:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PGMCC single rate multicast congestion control: 
                          Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: L. Rizzo, G. Iannaccone, L. Vicisano, M. Handley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-pgmcc-02.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
This document describes PGMCC, a single rate multicast
congestion control scheme which is TCP-friendly and achieves
scalability, stability and fast response to variations in
network conditions. PGMCC is suitable for both non-reliable
and reliable data transfers.  It is mainly designed for NAK-
based multicast protocols, and uses a window-based, TCP-like
control loop using positive ACKs between one representative of
the receiver group (the ACKER) and the sender.  The ACKER is
selected dynamically and may change over time.
PGMCC is made of two components: a window-based control loop,
which closely mimics TCP behaviour, and a fast and low-
overhead procedure to select (and track changes of) the ACKER.
The scheme is robust to measurement errors, and supports fast
response to changes in the receiver set and/or network
conditions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-pgmcc-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-pgmcc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-pgmcc-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.