Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-giuliano-mboned-v6mcast-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:16:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for Deploying IP Multicast in IPv6
	Author(s)	: L. Giuliano et al.
	Filename	: draft-giuliano-mboned-v6mcast-framework-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
This document describes an architectural framework for deploying
interdomain multicast for IPv6 with simplicity, scalability,
efficiency and security as the primary goals, applying the lessons
learned from deploying IPv4 multicast. In order to achieve this
objective, the deprecation of network-based source discovery, and
therefore Any Source Multicast, is proposed.  Source-Specific
Multicast is proposed as the service model supported for deploying
interdomain IPv6 multicast.  The architectural components responsible
for providing source discovery are also discussed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-giuliano-mboned-v6mcast-framework-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-giuliano-mboned-v6mcast-framework-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-giuliano-mboned-v6mcast-framework-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.