Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-srlg-processing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:29:57 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Shared Risk Link Groups Encoding and Processing
	Author(s)	: D. Papadimitriou et al.
	Filename	: draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-srlg-processing-02.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-7-3
	
The Shared Risk Link Group (SRLG) concept introduced in [IPO-Frame]
and extended in [CCAMP-SRG] is considered as one of the most
important criteria concerning the constraint-based path computation
of optical channel routes. By applying the SRLG disjointness
criteria to the constraint-based path computation, one can select a
route taking into account both resource and logical structure
disjointness. That implies a lower probability of simultaneous
optical channel failure.
This document describes the various physical and logical resource
types considered in the SRLG concept. The proposed method focuses on
the inference of SRLG information between the network physical and
logical layers and the logical structures representing geographical
locations. The main applications of the proposed model are related
to the Constraint-based Shortest Path First (CSPF) algorithm for
optical channel route computation and the aggregation of the SRLG
information flooded throughout traffic engineering extensions of the
IGP routing protocols (such as OSPF and IS-IS).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-srlg-processing-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-srlg-processing-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-papadimitriou-ccamp-srlg-processing-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.