Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:54:24 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Compound Authentication Binding Problem
	Author(s)	: J. Puthenkulam et al.
	Filename	: draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-03.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
There are several motivations for using compound authentication methods
using tunnels, but man-in-the-middle attacks are possible in certain 
circumstances when they are used, without cryptographically binding the 
methods together. At the time of writing this document, several 
protocols being proposed within the IETF are vulnerable to these 
attacks, including IKE with XAUTH, PIC, PANA over TLS, EAP TTLS and 
PEAP. This document studies the problems and suggests potential 
solutions to mitigate them

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.