Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bradner-ietf-proc-ideas-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:06:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Ideas for changes to the IETF document approval 
                          process
	Author(s)	: S. Bradner
	Filename	: draft-bradner-ietf-proc-ideas-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-7-28
	
The problem working group has shown that a number of IETF
participants feel that the current process by which the IETF approves
documents for publication as RFCs needs to be changed.  There does
not seem to be consensus on specific reasons that change is needed
but there seems to be consensus that change is needed.  This document
is designed to provide some ideas on different ways that the current
processes could be revised.  My intent is to spur discussion on
possibilities, not to say (at this time) what my preference is.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bradner-ietf-proc-ideas-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bradner-ietf-proc-ideas-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bradner-ietf-proc-ideas-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.