Subject: RFC 3572 on Internet Protocol Version 6 over MAPOS (Multiple Access Protocol Over SONET/SDH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:54:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3572

        Title:      Internet Protocol Version 6 over MAPOS
                    (Multiple Access Protocol Over SONET/SDH)
        Author(s):  T. Ogura, M. Maruyama, T. Yoshida
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30607
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ogura-ipv6-mapos-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3572.txt

Multiple Access Protocol over SONET/SDH (MAPOS) is a high-speed
link-layer protocol that provides multiple access capability over a
Synchronous Optical NETwork/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH).

This document specifies the frame format for encapsulating an IPv6
datagram in a MAPOS frame.  It also specifies the method of forming
IPv6 interface identifiers, the method of detecting duplicate
addresses, and the format of the Source/Target Link-layer Addresses
option field used in IPv6 Neighbor Discovery messages.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.