Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-satish-l2-mobilereq-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:32:29 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: L2 considerations for optimized IP mobility
	Author(s)	: S. Jamadagni
	Filename	: draft-satish-l2-mobilereq-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-7-24
	
IP mobility protocols have traditionally been designed to be
independent of any L2 considerations.  A critical factor in achieving
good performance for IP mobility protocols is its closeness to an L2
handover. Handover occurs when a Mobile Node moves from one radio
access Point to another. If the new radio access point is associated
with a new subnet, the routing reachability change will have to reflect
at the access routers. Better synchronization between L2 handover and
L3 handover are still more important when supporting fast handoff
between two wireless domains. This draft discusses the L2 handover
steps and the possible coupling of L2 and L3 layers to support optimize
layer 3 handover. This draft also explores the location information as
a possible L2 trigger to support optimized L3 handover. Also an L2
trigger message format is defined which can be handled at L3
independent of other protocol considerations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-satish-l2-mobilereq-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-satish-l2-mobilereq-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-satish-l2-mobilereq-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.