Subject: Formation of a directorate in the General area

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:31:34 -0400

I've decided to follow recent tradition and create a directorate for the 
 General area, to advise and support the General AD and the WG chairs.

 The General Directorate is created to advise the General AD in the
 task of managing the working groups dealing with rulemaking, process
 design and IETF organizational maintenance - "getting the IETF to
 work".

 The intent is to help make sure the various efforts are pulling in
 compatible directions, and that what needs to be done is actually
 getting done by someone.

 The formal responsibility of a directorate is to advise the AD(s), not
 to make decisions. Directorate members have no special authority.

 The directorate currently consists of:

           Harald Alvestrand - <[email-masked]>
           Bernard Aboba - <[email-masked]>
           Brian Carpenter - <[email-masked]>
           Leslie Daigle - <[email-masked]>
           Spencer Dawkins - <[email-masked]>
           John Klensin - <[email-masked]>
           John Loughney - <[email-masked]>
           Margaret Wasserman - <[email-masked]>

 The directorate can be contacted by sending e-mail to
 <[email-masked]>.

 The General directorate web page is at 
 http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/directorate.html, and is linked from the 
 list of directorates at http://www.ietf.org/u/chair/directorates.html

 I hope this is going to be an useful function for all of us!

                                   Harald