Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:29:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-source communications over SSM networks
	Author(s)	: M. Hoerdt et al.
	Filename	: draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2003-7-3
	
Classical multicast multi-sources applications use the Deering's [1]
ASM group communication model where anyone, including non-members,
can send packets with one local operation to a group identifier G
with best effort guarantees that its packet will be transmitted to
all group members: the network duplicates packets and manages the
dynamics of source and receivers.  With the new Holbrook's [3] SSM
model it is the responsibility of applications to tell the network
who are their sources of interest.  As a consequence, the SSM model
is well suited for TV-like (one to many) applications because there
is only one source to discover and it's supposed to be well known.
But there is still missing an SSM session layer or middleware for
applications helping multi-sources applications to discover the
presence/leaving source in case of SSM model.  We give here a
possible implementation for this Source discovery session layer
according to the protocol defined in [5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoerdt-mboned-multisource-ssm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.