Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-misbahuddin-data-reduc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:51:21 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Development of an Algorithm to Reduce Internet Data 
                          Traffic Congestion
	Author(s)	: S. Misbahuddin et al.
	Filename	: draft-misbahuddin-data-reduc-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
In recent era of Information Technology the data traffic over the
Internet is increasing uncontrollably. This proliferation of data
traffic is due to general shift towards  e-business and  other 
application  of Information Technology. The businesses relying on
Internet  lose billions of dollars each year due to slow or failed 
web  services.   Therefore,  in  Internet research, the most
conspicuous issue is to develop methodologies to reduce net
traffic over the Internet. In this paper, an algorithm is proposed
to reduce net data traffic, which works at Internet layer in TCP/IP
reference model.  The algorithm monitors data repetitions in IP
datagram and prepares a compression code in response of this
repetition. If no IP datagrams are repeated, no compression code
is sent. Therefore, the algorithm does not put any overhead on
the system. Furthermore, as the proposed algorithm works at IP
datagrams only, therefore, it remains transparent from all
client-server applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-misbahuddin-data-reduc-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-misbahuddin-data-reduc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-misbahuddin-data-reduc-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.