Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yang-ldids-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:16:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Large-scale Distributed Intrusion 
                          Detection System(LDIDS)
	Author(s)	: Y. Yang et al.
	Filename	: draft-yang-ldids-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
Intrusion Detection Systems (IDSs) are designed to detect 
intrusions and protect the relative network or hosts. Now the 
network scale is becoming larger and larger, Large-scale 
Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems, which are IDSs that work
in such environments, are the trends of IDSs evolution.  
This document describes a hierarchy framework for Large-scale 
Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems, with which a Large-scale
Distributed IDS can be flexibly deployed.  Each node in this 
framework can be seen as a simple IDS.  This document gives a 
four-layer structure for the simple IDS. This four-layer structure
can also be the structure of an independent IDS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yang-ldids-framework-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yang-ldids-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yang-ldids-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.