Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:52:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS Architecture for Multi-Region 
                          Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Vigoureux et al.
	Filename	: draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
Most of the initial efforts on Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) have been
related to environments of single switching capability devices e.g.
one data plane layer, as such, the complexity raised by such control
planes is similar to the one expected in classical IP/MPLS networks.
The fundamental reason being that an IP-based control plane protocol
suite for Label Switch Routers (LSR) or Optical Cross-Connects (OXC)
has exactly the same Level (i.e. single data plane layer)
complexity.
The present document analyses the various GMPLS signaling and
routing aspects when considering network environments consisting of
multiple switching data layers e.g. supporting combined
Packet/Layer-2 Switching - OXC devices. The examples provide an
overview of the tradeoffs in using a GMPLS control plane for
combined Ethernet MAC - opaque, service transparent, and/or fully
transparent data planes. The intent of this memo is also to
demonstrate that these aspects may not be as straightforward as they
may first appear.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vigoureux-shiomoto-ccamp-gmpls-mrn-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.