Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-houri-simple-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:53:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP/SIMPLE Based Presence and IM Architecture
	Author(s)	: A. Houri et al.
	Filename	: draft-houri-simple-arch-01.txt
	Pages		: 77
	Date		: 2003-7-1
	
This document is a initial attempt in creating a document that will
describe the architecture of a presence and instant messaging system.
The document collects information required for the creation a
complete Presence and IM system using SIMPLE and other IETF
protocols. This information has been spread out across numerous other
internet drafts and RFCs. The document tries to put everything
together, discussing the servers involved, security mechanisms,
functional model, call flows, etc. The goal of this document is that
someone, who is not an expert in the IETF protocols, can read this
document and understand how the IETF protocols can be used for
building a complete system and how it should work. The main changes
from the previous version of the document is that sections about
functional model and basic call flows were added.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-houri-simple-arch-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-houri-simple-arch-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-houri-simple-arch-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.