Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:14:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Address Allocation for PE-CE links within a Provider 
                          Provisioned VPN Network
	Author(s)	: J. Guichard
	Filename	: draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-7-29
	
This document proposes to allocate a block of globally unique IPv4   
addresses for the exclusive use of Service Providers that provide   
[L3VPN] based Services. The Service Provider may use these addresses   
for the provisioning of IP addresses to the links that connect   
Customer Edge (CE) routers with Provider Edge (PE) routers (PE-CE   
links), and/or for the IP addressing of attached CE routers.  
The main motivation for this proposal is to simplify the Service 
Providers' operations in the scenario where they monitor PE-CE links, 
and/or CE-routers, while at the same time conserving IPv4 address 
space.  
This addressing scheme is not intended for use by VPNs that span    
more than one Service Provider, unless co-operation of addressing   
structure is maintained to ensure uniqueness of addresses between   
providers. Furthermore, although the main reference within this draft 
is related to services provided by [L3VPN], the recommendations 
formulated herein may also apply to other Layer-2 or Layer-3 VPN 
architectures.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guichard-pe-ce-addr-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.