Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:05:47 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Problem Statement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IETF Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: E. Davies
	Filename	: draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-03.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-8-26
	
This memo summarizes perceived problems in the structure, function
and processes of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).  We are
attempting to identify these problems, so that they can be addressed
and corrected by the IETF community.
The problems have been digested and categorized from an extensive
discussion which took place on the 'problem-statement' mailing list
from November 2002 to May 2003.  The problem list has been further
analyzed to try and determine the root causes, that are at the heart
of the perceived problems: The result will be used to guide the next
stage of the process in the Problem Statement working group which is
to determine the structures and processes that will carry out the
corrections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.