Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:17:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Signaling Protocols
	Author(s)	: M. Brunner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2003-8-12
	
This document defines requirements for signaling across different 
network environments, such as across administrative and/or 
technology domains. Signaling is mainly considered for Quality of 
Service such as The Resource Reservation Protocol, however in recent 
years several other applications of signaling have been defined such 
as signaling for label distribution in Multiprotocol Label Switching 
or signaling to middleboxes. To achieve wide applicability of the 
requirements, the starting point is a diverse set of scenarios/use 
cases concerning various types of networks and application 
interactions. This document presents the assumptions before listing 
the requirements.  The requirements are grouped according to areas 
such as architecture and design goals, signaling flows, layering, 
performance, flexibility, security, and mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-req-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.