Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Intermediate Response Message' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:51:41 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The Lightweight Directory Access 
Protocol (LDAP) Intermediate Response Message' 
<draft-rharrison-ldap-intermediate-resp-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard. 
This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an 
IETF Working Group. 
The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary

This document defines and describes the IntermediateResponse
message, a general mechanism for defining single-request/multiple-response
operations in LDAP. The IntermediateResponse message is
defined in a way that maintains the protocol behavior of existing
LDAP operations. This message is intended to be used in conjunction
with the LDAP ExtendedRequest and ExtendedResponse to define new
single-request/multiple-response operations or in conjunction with a
control when extending existing LDAP operations in a way that
requires them to return intermediate response information.

Working Group Summary

This was an individual submission.

Protocol Quality

This was reviewed by the LDAP directorate and Ted Hardie for the IESG.