Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:27:17 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Return Code 
                          Usage
	Author(s)	: B. Foster, C. Sivachelvan
	Filename	: draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2003-8-14
	
This document provides implementation guidelines for the use of 
return codes in the Media Gateway Control Protocol MGCP 1.0 (RFC 
3435). Return codes in RFC 3435 do not cover all possible specific 
situations that may ever occur in a gateway. That is not possible and 
not necessary. What is important is to ensure that the Call Agent 
that receives a return code behaves appropriately and consistently 
for the given situation. The purpose of this document is to provide 
implementation guidelines to ensure that consistency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.