Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bertin-hints-params-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:55:49 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Parameters for Link Hints
	Author(s)	: P. Bertin et al.
	Filename	: draft-bertin-hints-params-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-8-7
	
Link hints are going to be standardized to enhance interactions 
between link and network layers, allowing a given node to integrate 
and efficiently manage one or even several network interfaces.  
Parameters conveyed in Link Hints shall provide the necessary 
abstraction level to be mapped on several technologies.  This 
document provides a first list of parameters to be transported in 
Link Hints but the way to transport them is out of the scope of  
this document. 
Two sets of parameters are proposed: the MN set gathers information 
available at the Mobile Node whereas the AR set is relevant for the 
Access Router side. In each set, parameters are grouped into three 
distinct categories: static parameters are related to the hardware 
implementation of the interface, configuration parameters are 
manageable through interface configuration, status parameters are 
highly varying as they provide the current link environment of the 
interface.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bertin-hints-params-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bertin-hints-params-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bertin-hints-params-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.