Subject: Protocol Action: 'The IETF XML Registry' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:37:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'The IETF XML Registry' 
<draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-05.txt> as a BCP. This document has 
been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary

This document creates an IANA maintained registry of XML element 
identifiers so that document authors and implementors have a well 
maintained and authoritative location for their XML elements. As part 
of this standard, the IANA will maintain

         o the public representation of the document,

         o the URI for the elements if one is provided at the time of
               registration,

         o a registry of Public Identifiers as URIs.

Working Group Summary

This document is not the product of an IETF Working group, but it 
has been reviewed within the IETF.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by
the XML directorate.