Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier Reference' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:11:18 -0400

The IESG has approved RFC2895, 'Remote Network Monitoring MIB
Protocol Identifier Reference' to advance to a Draft Standard. This
document is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen
and Randy Bush

Technical Summary
 
      This memo defines a notation describing protocol layers in a protocol
      encapsulation, specifically for use in encoding INDEX values for the
      protocolDirTable, found in the RMON-2 MIB (Remote Network Monitoring
      Management Information Base) (RFC2021). The definitions for the
      standard protocol directory base layer identifiers are also included.
 
      The first version of the RMON Protocol Identifiers Document (RFC2074)
      has been split into a standards-track Reference portion (this
      document), and an Informational document. The RMON Protocol
      Identifier Macros document (RFC2896) now contains the non-normative
      portion of that specification.
 
      This document obsoletes RFC 2074.
 
Working Group Summary
 
      The WG has consensus to advance this document to Draft Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
      This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen
 
      The implemenation report is at
        http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFC2895-Implementation.txt