Subject: BCP 74, RFC 3584 on Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Management Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:54:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 74
        RFC 3584

        Title:      Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and
                    Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network
                    Management Framework
        Author(s):  R. Frye, D. Levi, S. Routhier, B. Wijnen
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      51
        Characters: 115222
        Obsoletes:  2576

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-v2-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3584.txt

The purpose of this document is to describe coexistence between
version 3 of the Internet-standard Network Management Framework,
(SNMPv3), version 2 of the Internet-standard Network Management
Framework (SNMPv2), and the original Internet-standard Network
Management Framework (SNMPv1).  This document also describes how to
convert MIB modules from SMIv1 format to SMIv2 format.  This document
obsoletes RFC 2576.

This document is a product of the SNMP Version 3 Working Group of the
IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.