Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:31:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Address Pool based Stateful NCoA Configuration for 
                          FMIPv6
	Author(s)	: H. Jung et al.
	Filename	: draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2003-8-29
	
The DAD procedure for NCoA validation is a burden for achieving the 
fast MIPv6 handover. The existing stateless and DHCPv6-based stateful 
NCoA configuration schemes are all concerned with the DAD process at 
NAR. This document describes an NCoA address pool based stateful NCoA 
configuration for MIPv6 fast handover (FMIPv6). To reduce the DAD 
handling time during the handover, the NCoA pools are established at 
NAR (in the reactive stateful scheme) or PAR (in the proactive 
stateful scheme). An NCoA pool maintains a list of NCoAs already 
confirmed by the corresponding NAR. In response to a handover request, 
the NAR or PAR will allocate a confirmed NCoA to the MN. By the 
address pool based stateful NCoA configuration, the handover latency 
can be significantly reduced, and a tunneling for handover can be 
extended to an NCoA address, instead of NAR.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jung-mipshop-stateful-fmipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.