Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:32:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using SRTP with SIP
	Author(s)	: K. Jain, J. Albert
	Filename	: draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-8-29
	
The Secured Real Time Protocol (SRTP) is a lightweight protocol that 
secures voice data between two end points. The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a simple and adaptive session-controlling protocol. Efforts have been underway to get these two protocols working together. Several ideas have been presented in different documents in past. This document describes one more way to accomplish this task. The proposed approach is simple and does not consume too much CPU cycles. However, some assumptions need to be made in lack of the specific SIP and SDP fields.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jain-sipping-srtp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.