Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: AToM MIB (atommib)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:51:36 -0400

The charter of the AToM MIB (atommib) working group
in the Internet Area of the IETF has been updated. The
AToM MIB WG has been doing only MIB work, and so as part of
the rechartering process it is being moved from the INT
area to the OPS area. For additional information, please
contact the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.

AToM MIB (atommib)
------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):

      Faye Ly  <[email-masked]>
      Kam Lam  <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):

      Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
      Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:

      General Discussion: [email-masked]
      To Subscribe: [email-masked]
      Archive: ftp://ftp.research.telcordia.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib

Description of Working Group:

The AToM MIB Working Group is currently chartered to:

1. Maintain and advance on the standards track the existing
    specifications for ATM management (RFC2512-2515).

2. Maintain and advance on the standards track other trunk-mib
    specifications (i.e., for DS0 - DS3-E3, RFC2493-2496).

The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with the
Internet-standard Management framework.

Goals and Milestones:

Done Revised OpticalMIB Internet-Draft and make available for
discussion

Done Submit the SONET APS MIB to the IESG for consideration as
a Proposed Standard

Done Report on implementation experience on RFC 2558

Done Submit OpticalMIB Internet-Draft to IESG for standards
track elevation

Done Submit the ATM Supplemental to the IESG for consideration
as a Proposed Standard

Done Report on implementation experience on RFC 2493

Done Submit any needed revisions of RFC2493 to the IESG for
standards track advancement as appropriate

Done Submit any needed revisions of RFC2558 to the IESG for
standards track advancement as appropriate

Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2494

Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2495-2496

Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2513

Oct 03 Report on implementation experience on RFC 2514-2515

Oct 03 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2495-2496 to the IESG
        for standards track advancement as appropriate

Oct 03 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2514-2515 to the IESG
        for consideration of standards track advancement as
        appropriate

Jan 04 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2494 to the IESG for
        standards track advancement as appropriate

Jan 04 Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2513 to the IESG
        for consideration of standards track advancement
        as appropriate

Jan 04 Re-evaluate charter or close the WG