Subject: Internal WG Review: Recharter of ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: IESG-Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:26:47 -0400

A new charter for the ADSL MIB (adslmib)
in the Operations and Management Area
of the IETF is being considered.
The draft charter is provided below for your review
and comment.

The IETF Secretariat

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
---------------------
+ lines with a + sign are new text
- lines with a - sign will be removed from charter

 Description of Working Group:

The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
management of Very high speed Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services
as defined by T1E1.4/2000-009R2. It is a goal, though not a
requirement, that the resultant MIB be published as an extension to the
ADSLMIB. The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will
describe the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such
as those described by the current ADSLMIB and HDSL2/SHDSL MIB, the
interfaces MIB, and the AToM MIB.
+ The working group will also define two sets of line code specific (LCS)
+ managed objects to be used for management of Very high speed
+ Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services, one for Multiple Carrier
+ Modulation line coding (MCM), and one for Single Carrier Modulation
+ line coding (SCM).

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of this MIB.
- In addition, the group will continue to work on the promotion of the
- ADSLMIB, the ADSL Extension MIB, and the HDSL2/SHDSL MIB through the
- IETF standards process.

(new) Goals and Milestones

| Sep 2003 New WG I-Ds for the LCS MCM and SCM MIB modules
| Nov 2003 New drafts addressing any issues from the Minneapolis
| meeting and DSLF liason from Nov. meeting.
| Dec 2003 WG Last Call for LCS MCM and SCM MIB documents
| Dec 2003 Send LCS MCM and SCM MIB documnets to IESG for
| consideration as PS.