Subject: Protocol Action: 'Policy QoS Information Model' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:49:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Policy QoS Information Model' 
<draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This 
document is the product of the Policy Framework Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary

  This document presents an object-oriented information model for
  representing QoS network management policies. This document is
  based on the IETF Policy Core Information Model and its
  extensions. It defines an information model for QoS enforcement
  for differentiated and integrated services using policy.
  It is important to note that this document defines an information
  model, which by definition is independent of any particular data
  storage mechanism and access protocol.

Working Group Summary
 
 The Working Group has consensus to publish this document as Proposed
 Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen

RFC-Editor Note:

Please replace the abstract with this new text:

Abstract

  This document presents an object-oriented information model for
  representing QoS network management policies. This document is
  based on the IETF Policy Core Information Model and its
  extensions. It defines an information model for QoS enforcement
  for differentiated and integrated services using policy.
  It is important to note that this document defines an information
  model, which by definition is independent of any particular data
  storage mechanism and access protocol.