Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:07:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Automated config of address selection policy tables
	Author(s)	: C. Patel
	Filename	: draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2003-8-19
	
This document proposes a method to manage the address selection
policy tables in network hosts using RA's (Router Advertisements).
The aim is to provide an easy method to network operators to control
the src/dest address used by the host in communication within, and
outside of the site(s) in which the host resides. Control of the
policy tables allows 1) the user to control the scope in which a host
may operate, and 2) non-disruption of intra-site traffic during
renumbering caused by change in the global prefix used by the site to
connect to the Internet.
A major impact of the last benefit would be to provide one less
incentive to advertise routes to the stable network prefixes in the
Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cpatel-ipv6-automated-policy-table-cfg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.