Subject: RFC 3574 on Transition Scenarios for 3GPP Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:46:16 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3574

        Title:      Transition Scenarios for 3GPP Networks
        Author(s):  J. Soininen, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23359
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-cases-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3574.txt

This document describes different scenarios in Third Generation
Partnership Project (3GPP) defined packet network, i.e., General
Packet Radio Service (GPRS) that would need IP version 6 and IP
version 4 transition.  The focus of this document is on the scenarios
where the User Equipment (UE) connects to nodes in other networks,
e.g., in the Internet.  GPRS network internal transition scenarios,
i.e., between different GPRS elements in the network, are out of
scope.   The purpose of the document is to list the scenarios for
further discussion and study.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.