Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jacobson-tsvwg-1323bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:05:35 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Extensions for High Performance
	Author(s)	: V. Jacobson et al.
	Filename	: draft-jacobson-tsvwg-1323bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2003-8-19
	
This memo presents a set of TCP extensions to improve performance
over large bandwidth*delay product paths and to provide reliable
operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines new TCP options for
scaled windows and timestamps, which are designed to provide
compatible interworking with TCP's that do not implement the
extensions.  The timestamps are used for two distinct mechanisms:
RTTM (Round Trip Time Measurement) and PAWS (Protect Against Wrapped
Sequences).  Selective acknowledgments are not included in this memo.
This memo updates and obsoletes RFC-1323, a Proposed Standard, with
small clarifications and corrections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jacobson-tsvwg-1323bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jacobson-tsvwg-1323bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jacobson-tsvwg-1323bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.