Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:56:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Address Autoconfiguration with DAD minimization for
                          Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Rantonen, J. Keisala
	Filename	: draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-8-26
	
Many kinds of mobile user equipments may want to join or create
wireless local area network. Today connectivity is usually based on
using the IP address as the identifier for the device. However, such
kinds of devices do not necessary have a static IP address. Some
autoconfiguration procedures are developed for fixed networks, but
those procedures have requirements that Manet does not satisfy. For
ad hoc networks, some IPv6 address autoconfiguration solutions are
developed during recent years.
In this document, an autoconfiguration mechanism for mobile ad hoc 
network nodes will be described. A hardware based addressing will be
presented as one approach to create a temporary IPv6 address.
Furthermore, a solution for minimizing Duplicate Address Detection
procedures while generating a globally unique IPv6 address will be
explained.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.