Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:44:04 -0400

The charter of the ADSL MIB (adslmib) Working Group in the Operations and 
Management Area of the IETF has been updated. For additional information,
please contact the Area Directors or the Working Group Chair.

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
-------------------

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Michael Sneed <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Technical Advisor(s):
Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:

General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
Archive: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib

Description of Working Group:

The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
management of Very high speed Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services
as defined by T1E1.4/2000-009R2. It is a goal, though not a
requirement, that the resultant MIB be published as an extension to the
ADSLMIB. The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2,
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will
describe the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such
as those described by the current ADSLMIB and HDSL2/SHDSL MIB, the
interfaces MIB, and the AToM MIB.

The working group will also define two sets of line code specific (LCS)
managed objects to be used for management of Very high speed
Digital Subscriber Line (VDSL) services, one for Multiple Carrier
Modulation line coding (MCM), and one for Single Carrier Modulation
line coding (SCM).

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of this MIB.

Goals and Milestones:

 Done Submit Internet-Draft to cover subscriber equipment 
 Done Meet at Chicago IETF to review Internet-Drafts 
 Done Submit Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard. 
 Done Meet at Oslo IETF to review new Internet-Drafts and discuss
      implementation experience on initial MIB 
 Done Submit supplementary Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration
      as Proposed Standard. 
 Done Produce Internet-Draft covering HDSL2 management objects. 
 Done Submit updated HDSL2/SHDSL Internet-Draft 
 Done Complete WG last call for HDSL2/SHDSL management objects 
 Done Collect implementation reports for ADSL MIB 
 Done Submit HDSL2/SHDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard 
 Done Submit initial Internet-Draft VDSL MIB 
 Done Complete WG last call on VDSL MIB 
 Done Submit updated VDSL MIB Internet-Draft 
 Done Submit final VDSL MIB Internet-Draft 
 Done Submit VDSL MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard 
 Sep 2003 New WG I-Ds for the LCS MCM and SCM MIB modules
 Nov 2003 New drafts addressing any issues from the Minneapolis
          meeting and DSLF liason from Nov. meeting.
 Dec 2003 WG Last Call for LCS MCM and SCM MIB documents
 Dec 2003 Send LCS MCM and SCM MIB documnets to IESG for consideration as PS.
 Jan 2004 Evaluate if we have enough implementation feedback to work 
          on RFC2662 (ADSL MIB) advancement
 Feb 2004 Re-charter or close down.