Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-davies-structural-rev-process-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 14:18:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IETF Structural Problems Improvement Process
	Author(s)	: E. Davies, A. Doria, J. Hofmann
	Filename	: draft-davies-structural-rev-process-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-9-3
	
This document suggests a possible process to address the
structural problems identified in the IETF Problem Statement as
requested in Version 02 of the IETF Problem Resolution draft.
The process proposes that the IESG delegate responsibility for
coordinating, moderating and synthesising proposals for solutions
to parts of the structural problems to a Synthsis and Action Panel
(SAP) selected through a variant of the nomcom selection process.
The SAP should, if possible, deliver an integrated set of
proposals for changes derived from community input, both
unsolicited and, if necessary, solicited. The SAP would act as a
moderator between authors of alternative propoasals in attempting
to achieve a proposal on which the community could agree. The
agreed plan be would be delivered to the IESG for final approval 
and action.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-davies-structural-rev-process-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-davies-structural-rev-process-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-davies-structural-rev-process-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.