Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ford-midcom-p2p-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:37:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Peer-to-Peer communication across Middleboxes
	Author(s)	: B. Ford, P. Srisuresh, D. Kegel
	Filename	: draft-ford-midcom-p2p-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2003-9-29
	
This memo documents the methods which the current peer-to-peer
(P2P) applications use to communicate in the presence of
middleboxes such as firewalls and network address translators
(NAT). Further, the document proposes a new middlebox IP option
to allow deployment of P2P applications more effectively without
significant rework on the middleboxes or the applications. The
goal of this document is to enable immediate, wider deployment
of P2P applications without requiring the use of special proxy,
relay or midcom  protocols, while not precluding their use.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ford-midcom-p2p-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ford-midcom-p2p-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ford-midcom-p2p-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.