Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-nsrg-report-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:45:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: What's In A Name:Thoughts from the NSRG
	Author(s)	: E. Lear, R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-irtf-nsrg-report-10.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-9-22
	
Over the last few years, the use of IP addresses for Internet
connectivity has changed dramatically.  The Name Space Research Group
(NSRG) was chartered by the IRTF to review these changes, and
make recommendations on whether or not remediation within the
protocol stack is necessary.  This document reports the outcome of
some of the discussions within the research group.
One of the questiones addressed by the NSRG is: Does the TCP/IP
protocol suite need an additional level of naming above layer 3 but
below the application layer?  There was no consensus on the answer.
This document reviews the motivation for an additional naming
mechanism, reviews related work, proposes a straw man 'stack name'
and discusses the structure and use of those names.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsrg-report-10.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-nsrg-report-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-nsrg-report-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.