Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-royer-cap-notify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:58:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CAP notification of upcoming VEVENTs, VTODOs or any 
                          changes
	Author(s)	: D. Royer
	Filename	: draft-royer-cap-notify-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-9-2
	
This memo describes a method used to ask for and receive
notifications.  These notifications will be the direct result of a
stored VALARM and the notifications or changes to components or the
store and are represented in iCalendar format.  This is an extensions
to CAP.
This memo includes a new CAP command types of 'REQUEST-NOTIFY',
'NOTIFICATION', and 'CANCEL-NOTIFY', a new property of 'OBSERVER', a
new component 'NOTIFICATION', CAP capabilities of 'CAN-NOTIFY',
'NOTIFY-UPDATES', and 'ALLOW-NOTIFY-BOT'.  A 'REQUEST-NOTIFY' command
is a request to add an observer to an component in the 'TARGET'
calendar.  In addition the 'REQUEST-NOTIFY' command can alert the CUA
of changes to specific components or in the calendar or calendar
store.  Everything is subject to VCAR restrictions.
These are asynchronous notifications must be advertised by the CS and
requested by the CUA.  This memo discusses how to transport them
using CAP.
In addition if the CS and CUA support the 'NOTIFY-UPDATES'
capability, then the CS will send 'NOTIFICATION' components to the
CUA describing the UIDs or TARGETS that have changed since the
currently authenticated CU was last connected allowing for easier
synchronization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-royer-cap-notify-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-royer-cap-notify-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-royer-cap-notify-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.