Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:37:18 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CHOICES FOR SUPPORT OF MULTIADDRESSING
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker
	Filename	: draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-9-29
	
Classic Internet transport protocols use a single source IP
address and a single destination IP address, as part of the
identification for an individual data flow.  TCP includes these
in its definition of a connection and its calculation of the
header checksum.  Hence the transport service is tied to a
particular IP address pair. This is problematic for multihomed
hosts and for mobile hosts. They cannot use more than one, for
any single transport association (context).  In recent years,
there have been efforts to overcome many of these limitations,
through different approaches at different places in the Internet
architecture. This paper reviews the requirements for support of
multiaddressing (mobility and multihoming), and the efforts to
support them. Barriers to adoption, administrative overhead, and
operational efficiency are of particular concern.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.