Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liang-irpdl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:49:31 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Information Retrieval Protocol for Digital Library
	Author(s)	: W. Liang et al.
	Filename	: draft-liang-irpdl-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-9-11
	
This document specifies an information retrieval protocol for digital 
library. This protocol has two parts: standard search Webservice for 
heterogeneous databases and the method to find and select such search 
Webservice. By using this protocol, all the databases including web 
page database, digital issue database, and video database, can 
release the uniform search Webservice, though these databases may 
have different metadata standards and architecture. And these 
Webservice can be easily found and visited by search systems. This 
very protocol makes it possible that users can obtain all kinds of 
information on the Internet in single search engine, but not visit 
lots of different search engines one by one.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liang-irpdl-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liang-irpdl-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liang-irpdl-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.