Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:18:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Supporting Intermediary Session Policies in SIP
	Author(s)	: V. Hilt, J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2003-9-30
	
Proxy servers play a central role as an intermediary in the
establishment of sessions in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
In that role, they define and impact policies on call routing,
rendezvous, and other call features. However, there is no standard
means by which network elements can have any influence on session
policies, such as the codecs that are to be used. As such, ad-hoc and
non-conformant techniques have been deployed to allow for such
session policy mechanisms. In this document, we discuss a complete
and standards-based mechanism for session policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-session-policy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.