Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:08:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BUB: Binding Update Backhauling
	Author(s)	: W. Haddad et al.
	Filename	: draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-9-24
	
Mobile IPv6 [1] defines two different modes to handle the 
mobility problem (i.e., mobile node moving accross different 
networks and changing its IP address). The two modes had been 
mainly designed for scenarios involving one mobile node and 
one static node (correspondent node). This document answers 
issues related to scenarios involving two mobile nodes (i.e., 
the correspodent node is also a mobile node). The document 
addresses also the double jumping problem where two mobile nodes 
move at the same time (i.e., switch to new subnets).
The document proposes a new mode called 'BUB' (Binding Update 
Backhauling) allowing a more secure, reliable and optimized 
exchange of Binding Updates (BUs) between two mobile endpoints.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-haddad-mipv6-bub-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.