Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:50:59 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Steps in Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: GIMPS:  General Internet Messaging Protocol for Signaling
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-00.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
This document specifies protocol stacks for the routing and transport
   of per-flow signaling messages along the path taken by that flow
   through the network. The solution uses existing transport and
   security protocols under a common messaging layer, the Generic
   Internet Messaging Protocol for Signaling (GIMPS), which provides a
   universal service for diverse signaling applications. GIMPS does not
   handle signaling application state itself, but manages its own
   internal state and the configuration of the underlying transport and
   security protocols to enable the transfer of messages in both
   directions along the flow path. The combination of GIMPS and the
   lower layer protocols provides a solution for the base protocol
   component of the 'Next Steps in Signaling' framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.