Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:55:19 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fault Notification Protocol for GMPLS-Based Recovery
	Author(s)	: R. Rabbat
	Filename	: draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-04.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This draft presents a fault notification protocol that is 
implementation-agnostic to be used in a GMPLS-based failure recovery 
scheme.  The protocol achieves bounded recovery path activation times 
in the event of single resource failures. This is done by allowing 
for the computation of constrained recovery paths that take into 
account the physical capabilities of the nodes as well as the delay 
characteristics of the control plane.  We propose using a flooding 
protocol for fault notification to allow for per-failure notification 
and to speed up the recovery process, and justify choices made for 
the notification method and for the extensions required to current 
protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rabbat-fault-notification-protocol-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.