Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:33:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HMIP based Route optimization method in a mobile network
	Author(s)	: H. Ohnishi
	Filename	: draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
In a nested mobile network situation, the packet transfer route
between a correspondent node(CN) and a mobile node(MN) may become
much longer than in the simple Mobile IP case, because packets can
reach endpoints through all of the home agents (HAs) to which the
mobile routers (MRs) and the MN belong. The existing route
optimization function of Mobile IPv6 cannot solve this problem,
because while it can bypass an MN's HA, it cannot skip the MRs' HAs.
Furthermore, there is no route optimization method for communication
nodes without Mobile IPv6 functionality, which are the so-called
local fixed nodes (LFNs) within a mobile network. This draft provides
solutions to achieve route optimization in these situations by using
HMIP technology and proxy Mobile IP functions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohnishi-nemo-ro-hmip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.