Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crouzet-amtp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 07:29:44 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Crouzet
	Filename	: draft-crouzet-amtp-01.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2003-10-2
	
Recent years have seen electronic mail becomes the first mode of 
communication. Electronic mail allows users to exchange information 
using different formats such as files, pictures, videos and text 
messages. Electronic mail is quicker and faster than other modes of 
communication but it generates more problems, such as email bombing, 
email virus, email spoofing, anonymous email, relaying email and in 
particular spam email. 
This Internet Draft aims at solving or reducing the above problems 
by proposing a new transfer protocol, Authenticated Mail Transfer 
Protocol. Authenticated Mail Transfer Protocol is a second modified 
version of the current transfer protocol, Simple Mail Transfer 
Protocol. It identifies a sender, differentiates a server from a 
user, changes the electronic mail structure and improves the 
electronic mail transaction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crouzet-amtp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crouzet-amtp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crouzet-amtp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.