Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-xushao-ipo-mplsovergmpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:34:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for MPLS over GMPLS-based Optical 
			  Networks (MPLS over GMPLS)
	Author(s)	: X. Shao, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-xushao-ipo-mplsovergmpls-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2003-10-14
	
MPLS over GMPLS-based optical networks (MPLS over GMPLS) is a subset 
of IP over optical networks. To be more specific, in this draft it 
refers to the technology of interconnection between MPLS networks and 
GMPLS-based optical networks with an overlay model or an interdomain 
model. It is an important milestone in the evolutionary roadmap from 
IP over static WDM to a peer model of network interconnections. The 
most significant feature of the requirements for MPLS over GMPLS is a 
much more dynamic interface between the two layers. The draft 
discusses the evolutionary roadmap of IP over optical networks and 
then highlights the significance of the concept of MPLS over GMPLS. 
Some new requirements will be identified, including multi-lightpath 
connections, MPLS network topology dynamic changes and dynamic 
traffic grooming and so on. It is these requirements that bring some 
challenges to the present routing, signaling and UNI protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xushao-ipo-mplsovergmpls-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-xushao-ipo-mplsovergmpls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-xushao-ipo-mplsovergmpls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.