Subject: RFC 3625 on The QCP File Format and Media Types for Speech Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:27:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3625

        Title:      The QCP File Format and Media Types for
                    Speech Data
        Author(s):  R. Gellens, H. Garudadri
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 28603
        Updates:    3555

        I-D Tag:    draft-gellens-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3625.txt

RFC 2658 specifies the streaming format for 3GPP2 13K vocoder (High
Rate Speech Service Option 17 for Wideband Spread Spectrum
Communications Systems, also known as QCELP 13K vocoder) data, but
does not specify a storage format.  Many implementations have been
using the "QCP" file format (named for its file extension) for
exchanging QCELP 13K data as well as Enhanced Variable Rate Coder
(EVRC) and Selectable Mode Vocoders (SMV) data.  (For example,
Eudora(r), QuickTime(r), and cmda2000(r) handsets).

This document specifies the QCP file format and updates the
audio/qcelp media registration to specify this format for storage, and
registers the audio/evrc-qcp and audio/smv-qcp media types for EVRC
and SMV (respectively) data stored in this format.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.