Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:55:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GVPN Services: Generalized VPN Services using BGP and GMPLS Toolkit
	Author(s)	: H. Ould-Brahim
	Filename	: draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-04.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This draft describes a suite of port-based Provider-provisioned 
VPN services called Generalized VPNs (GVPNs) that uses BGP as a 
VPN auto-discovery and GMPLS as a signaling mechanism. GVPN 
services are 'generalized' as the interfaces on the customer's 
and provider ports could be any of the interfaces supported by 
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS). GVPN services outlined in this 
document are: (1) a port-based Generalized Virtual Private Wire
(GVPW) where the basic unit of service is a Label Switched Path 
(LSP) between a pair of customer's ports within a given VPN 
port-topology. (2) A Generalized Virtual Private Cross-connect 
(GVPXC) service where the service provider network appears to 
the client network as a GMPLS-enabled Virtual Private node. A 
GVPXC service provides flexible traffic engineering on the 
client network and eliminates the need for n square routing 
peering between CEs. Since GVPNs uses GMPLS as the signaling 
mechanism, and since GMPLS applies to both TDM and Lambda 
Switching capable interfaces, it results that GVPN services 
include Optical/TDM VPNs (though they need not be restricted to).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ouldbrahim-ppvpn-gvpn-bgpgmpls-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.