Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-matsuoka-multilink-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:59:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement and Requirements for Multi-link 
			  Transport
	Author(s)	: H. Matsuoka, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-matsuoka-multilink-transport-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-10-21
	
Multi-link transport can offer higher bandwidth and more robust 
connections. Because of a wide variety of emerged wireless access 
technologies, a mobile host can potentially have subscriptions and 
access more than one wireless network simultaneously. This document 
introduces example applications which use multiple links in a 
connection simultaneously and illustrates the advantages of multi-link 
transport. A problem with those applications is that the efficient 
multi-link transport needs much more knowledge about each link 
characteristics such as bandwidth, delay, reliability and robustness.
This document defines the requirements for efficient and adaptive
multi-link transport and also describes the link information that
multi-stream senders can require.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-matsuoka-multilink-transport-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-matsuoka-multilink-transport-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-matsuoka-multilink-transport-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.