Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-irtf-yang-ans-scenarios-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:29:25 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Common Wireless Ad Hoc Network Usage Scenarios
	Author(s)	: L. Yang, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-irtf-yang-ans-scenarios-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-10-16
	
This document examines some common wireless ad hoc network usage 
scenarios that have the potential of being deployed as medium or 
large scale networks.  The scenarios include both pure ad hoc 
networks without any infrastructure support and the hybrid networks 
with some infrastructure in place.  This document is motivated by the 
effort in the IRTF ANS (Ad hoc Network Scalability) research group.  
The aim of this document is to provide some common network scenarios 
that are rooted in the real world deployment to facilitate meaningful 
investigation and research of scalability in ad hoc networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-yang-ans-scenarios-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-irtf-yang-ans-scenarios-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-irtf-yang-ans-scenarios-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.