Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-syslog-sign-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:39:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Syslog-Sign Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Kelsey, J. Callas
	Filename	: draft-ietf-syslog-sign-13.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This document describes syslog-sign, a mechanism adding origin
authentication, message integrity, replay-resistance, message
sequencing, and detection of missing messages to syslog. Syslog-sign
provides these security features in a way that has minimal
requirements and minimal impact on existing syslog implementations.
It is possible to support syslog-sign and gain some of its security
attributes by only changing the behavior of the devices generating
syslog messages. Some additional processing of the received syslog
messages and the syslog-sign messages on the relays and collectors
may realize additional security benefits.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-13.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-syslog-sign-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-sign-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.