Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:41:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internationalized Domain Names Registration and 
			  Administration Guideline for Chinese, Japanese 
			  and Korean
	Author(s)	: J. Seng, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-10-20
	
Achieving internationalized access to domain names raises many complex
issues. These are associated not only with basic protocol design--such
as how names are represented on the network, compared, and converted to
appropriate forms--but also with issues and options for deployment,
transition, registration, and administration.

The IETF Standards for Internationalized Domain Names, known as 'IDNA',
focuses on access to domain names in a range of scripts that is broader
in scope than the original ASCII. The development process made it clear
that use of characters with similar appearances and/or interpretations
created potential for confusion, as well as difficulties in deployment
and transition.  The conclusion was that, while those issues were
important, they, could best be addressed administratively rather than
through restrictions embedded in the protocols. This document defines a
set of guidelines for applying restrictions of that type for CJK scripts and the zones that use them and, perhaps, the beginning of a framework for thinking about other zones, languages, and scripts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jseng-idn-admin-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.