Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-claise-netflow-9-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:28:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cisco Systems NetFlow Services Export Version 9
	Author(s)	: B. Claise
	Filename	: draft-claise-netflow-9-04.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2003-10-3
	
This document specifies the implementation details of the latest 
version of the Cisco Systems NetFlow services export format, also 
known as the NetFlow version 9 format. This format provides network 
administrators with access to IP flows information in a flexible 
and extensible way. The distinguishing feature of this new NetFlow 
services export format, compared with previous formats, is that it 
is template based. The template is a collection of fields, with 
corresponding descriptions of their structures and their semantics.  
This document focuses on the most recent evolution of the NetFlow 
flow record export format, which is known as version 9. The 
distinguishing feature of the NetFlow version 9 export format, 
compared with previous formats, is that it is template based. The 
templates (collections of fields with the corresponding description 
of their structures and their semantics) provide a flexible and 
extensible design to the flow record export format. This facilitates 
future enhancements to NetFlow services without requiring changes to 
the basic flow record export format. Another advantage is that only 
the required fields are exported within the flow record, which 
minimizes the consumed export bandwidth.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-claise-netflow-9-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-claise-netflow-9-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-claise-netflow-9-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.