Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-neumannfoglar-tnsecqos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:44:33 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Trusted Networks/Security as QoS
	Author(s)	: C. Neumann, A. Foglar
	Filename	: draft-neumannfoglar-tnsecqos-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-10-20
	
Based on the QoS architecture and the DS codepoints defined in
RFC2474 and RFC2475 we define an application that creates a trusted
environment. We introduce the notion of Trusted Networks (TN) a
network that has to satisfy a set of rules that can be specified by
each network owner. Packets originating from this or another TN can
be treated with higher confidence and  higher QoS than packets from
untrusted networks. The basic tool of our proposal is ingress
filtering RFC2827. This approach may apply to both IPv4 and IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-neumannfoglar-tnsecqos-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-neumannfoglar-tnsecqos-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-neumannfoglar-tnsecqos-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.