Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:57:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Framework for Session-Independent Intermediary 
			  Session Policies in SIP
	Author(s)	: V. Hilt, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2003-10-21
	
Domains may have policies in place that impact the way sessions are
established by user agents. Some of these policies are independent of
a specific session and need to be considered for a certain period of
time. It is therefore desirable to convey these policies to user
agents once they become active instead of requesting them for every
session. In this document, we propose a framework that enables user
agents to subscribe to session policies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-session-indep-policy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.