Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-takahashi-modpgroups-universal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:00:43 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Universal MODP Groups for Public Key Cryptography
	Author(s)	: R. Takahashi
	Filename	: draft-takahashi-modpgroups-universal-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2003-10-21
	
This Internet Draft offers seven MODP ?Diffie-Hellman? groups which
can be used in conjunction with other IETF standards to provide
security for Internet communications.  The groups are designed to
allow implementers to use the same groups with different security
protocols such as SMIME, SSH, TLS and IKE.  The prime numbers which
form part of the definition of these groups are designed to allow
for fast, small signatures and be of the correct form for compliance
with standards bodies such as ANSI, NIST and the IEEE.  This draft
includes groups with bit sizes of 1024, 2048, 3072, 4096, 6144, and
8192. These may be used in addition to the groups already specified
or in place of them. Since these groups are acceptable for all 
cryptographic applications involving the difficulty of discrete 
logarithms over GF(p) they are referred to as

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-takahashi-modpgroups-universal-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-takahashi-modpgroups-universal-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-takahashi-modpgroups-universal-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.