Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:38:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IMAP Submit Without Download
	Author(s)	: R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
IMAP clients operating over low-bandwidth or high-latency links,
such as cellular telephones, need to be able to submit mail messages
containing all or part of previously-received IMAP messages.
Clients need to be able to do this without sloshing the bits both
ways, that is, without being forced to download IMAP messages solely
to be able to upload the content in a submitted message.
This document currently identifies the two main approaches to doing
this (called 'IMAP push' and 'IMAP pull'), one which adds submission
to IMAP, and another which adds the expansion of IMAP references to
message submission.  This version of the document attempts to lay
out the protocol mechanisms along with associated trade-offs and
security considerations of each.  Once a decision has been made to
go with a particular technique, this document will describe the
specifics of that choice as a standards-track proposal.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lemonade-submit-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.