Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-vendor-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:41:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Engineering Steering Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations on the Extensibility of IETF protocols
	Author(s)	: S. Bradner, T. Narten
	Filename	: draft-iesg-vendor-extensions-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2003-10-28
	
This document discusses issues related to the extensibility of IETF
   protocols, including when it is reasonable to extend IETF protocols
   with little or no review, and when extensions need to be reviewed by
   the larger IETF community. The document also recommends that major
   extensions to IETF protocols only take place through normal IETF
   processes or in coordination with the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-vendor-extensions-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-vendor-extensions-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-vendor-extensions-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.