Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:51:52 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Caller Preferences for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne, P. Kyzivat
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
This document describes a set of extensions to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) which allow a caller to express preferences about
request handling in servers. These preferences include the ability to
select which URIs a request gets routed to, and to specify certain
request handling directives in proxies and redirect servers. It does
so by defining four new request headers, Accept-Contact, Reject-
Contact, Require-Contact and Request-Disposition, which specify the
caller's preferences. The extension also defines new parameters for
the Contact header that describe the capabilities and characteristics
of a UA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-callerprefs-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.