Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:10:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sampling and Filtering Techniques for IP Packet Selection
	Author(s)	: T. Zseby, M. Molina, F. Raspall, N. Duffield
	Filename	: draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-03.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2003-10-24
	
This document describes sampling and filtering techniques for IP 
packet selection. It introduces information models for packet 
sampling, for packet filtering and for combinations of methods. The 
information models describe what information has to be specified in 
order to describe the method. This information is used for 
configuring the selection technique in measurement processes and for 
reporting the technique in use to the measurement data collection 
process.   
The document first suggests some terminology, then it describes in 
detail packet sampling and packet filtering techniques and their 
parameters. It also describes how these two techniques can be 
combined to build more elaborate packet selectors. Finally, it 
introduces information models for the most common sampling and 
filtering techniques. 
The document first suggests some terminology, then it describes in
detail packet sampling and packet filtering techniques and their
parameters. It also describes how these two techniques can be
combined to build more elaborate packet selectors. Finally, it
introduces information models for the most common sampling and
filtering techniques.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.