Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-newreno-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 10:50:58 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The NewReno Modification to TCP's Fast Recovery 
                          Algorithm
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, T. Henderson, A. Gurtov
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-newreno-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2003-10-2
	
RFC 2581 [RFC2581] documents the following four intertwined TCP
congestion control algorithms: Slow Start, Congestion Avoidance, Fast
Retransmit, and Fast Recovery.  RFC 2581 [RFC2581] explicitly allows
certain modifications of these algorithms, including modifications
that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK) option [RFC2018],
and modifications that respond to 'partial acknowledgments' (ACKs
which cover new data, but not all the data outstanding when loss was
detected) in the absence of SACK.  The NewReno mechanism uses an
algorithm for responding to partial acknowledgments that was first
proposed by Janey Hoe in [Hoe95].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-newreno-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-newreno-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-newreno-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.