Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:23:06 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Strong Identity Multihoming using 128 bit Identifiers 
			  (SIM/CBID128)
	Author(s)	: E. Nordmark
	Filename	: draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2003-10-22
	
This document contains a rough outline of a potential solution to
IPv6 multihoming in order to stimulate discussion.

This proposed solution uses 126 bit identifiers which are hashes of
public keys (know as Cryptographically-based Identifiers) which are
created in an autonomous fashion by every node.  When there is a need
to verify whether a new locator should be used with an identifier
than a public-key based challenge-response is used.

The proposal allows locator rewriting by (border) routers, and
ensures that the upper layer protocols can operate unmodified in a
multihomed setting using the stable identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.