Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoon-mobileip-undad-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:44:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Using Neighbor Caceh Entry for Duplicate Address 
			  Detection
	Author(s)	: J. Kim, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-hoon-mobileip-undad-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2003-10-20
	
The Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) procedure detailed by Neighbor
Discovery Protocol (NDP) requires nodes to wait for a quantified time
interval during which the configured address is checked for
duplication in the connected link. This delay affects normal
communication in a Mobile Node (MN) during the DAD time interval
thereby hampering Fast Handoff. The expected use of Mobile IP on a
wide scale and the need for a minimal time delay during the handoff
process require alternate mechanisms for overcoming the DAD time
interval. This draft presents a mechanism wherein the Access Router's
(AR) Neighbor Cache Entry (NCE) is used to minimize the delay
associated with the DAD procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoon-mobileip-undad-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoon-mobileip-undad-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoon-mobileip-undad-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.