Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-morita-tsvwg-mfverify-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:22:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Verification scenarios for Measurable Forwarding PHB (Per-Hop Behavior)
	Author(s)	: N. Morita
	Filename	: draft-morita-tsvwg-mfverify-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-10-31
	
The Priority Promotion Scheme (PPS) is a new scheme for traffic 
control; specifically, the PPS achieves end-to-end QoS for 
interactive multimedia services by exercising admission control for 
series of packets on a packet-based network.  The scheme is based on 
the end-to-end measurement of network resources by end systems.  The 
destination end system notifies the conditions of receipt for a 
limited set of packets sent from the source end.  If this is 
acceptable, the source end system then promotes the priority of the 
succeeding IP packets to firmly establish the session.  The network 
is only assumed to support a per-class form of priority control, 
since this allows the end systems to measure remaining resources 
without affecting the existing streams.  If all end systems behave in 
the above way, we can achieve specific levels of end-to-end QoS 
without maintaining per-flow states in each item of network equipment. 
The PPS is based on a new per-hop forwarding behavior, called 
measurable forwarding (MF-PHB), which will use the DiffServ 
architecture. 
In this document, we propose a way to verify whether MF-PHB is 
realizable by elaborating configurations of existing equipment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morita-tsvwg-mfverify-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-morita-tsvwg-mfverify-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-morita-tsvwg-mfverify-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.