Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liang-irpdl-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:55:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Information Retrieval Protocol for Digital Library
	Author(s)	: W. Liang
	Filename	: draft-liang-irpdl-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This document specifies an information retrieval protocol for digital 
library. This protocol has two parts: standard search Webservice, 
which defines the format of query words and the search results; a 
method to find and select such search Webservice. By using this 
protocol, all the databases including web page database, digital 
issue database, and video database, can release the uniform search 
Webservice, though these databases may have different metadata 
standards and architectures. And these Webservice can be easily found 
and visited by search systems. This very protocol makes it possible 
that users can obtain all kinds of information on the Internet in 
single search engine, but not visit lots of different search engines 
one by one. Using this protocol is not limited in library.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liang-irpdl-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liang-irpdl-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liang-irpdl-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.