Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jaihyung-l2vpn-lse-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:27:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Label Switching Technique for Ethernet 
			  Frame Transmission
	Author(s)	: J. Cho
	Filename	: draft-jaihyung-l2vpn-lse-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
LSE (Label Switched Ethernet) is a label switching technique for
transmission of Ethernet frame. The method offers not only L2VPN
connectivity but it also provides features for dynamic connection
establishment and resource reservation. LSE does not require
additional information fields other than 802.3 standard header
because it uses destination address and source address as labels. As
a result, compatibility with legacy Ethernet is maintained and it
provides label switching service from terminal to terminal.
Equipments that support LSE are connected via Ethernet tunnel merging
tree or TLSP (Tunnel LSP) tree across legacy network equipment. User
terminals establish connections using modified ARP protocol. Use of
merging tree structure helps reducing signaling overhead as well as
improving scalability of LSE network. LSE also provides unified
mechanism for unicasting, multicasting and wireless terminal mobility.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-l2vpn-lse-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jaihyung-l2vpn-lse-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jaihyung-l2vpn-lse-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.