Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requirement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:34:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 DAD Optimization Goals and Requirements
	Author(s)	: S. Park, Y. Han, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requirement-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-10-14
	
In order to generate unique address, an IPv6 node has to perform DAD 
procedure when the IPv6 node tries to make its own IPv6 address 
including link-local and global address.  The current procedure for 
detecting duplicate addresses consumes time delays and does not 
consider a node to have a fast handover in mobile environment.  A 
proper support for a node to send or receive packets immediately 
after attaching to a link is undermined by the disruption imposed by 
the current DAD.  Therefore, some considerations are required to be 
suggested for reducing delay due to the detection of IPv6 address 
collision.  This document outlines the goals expected from IPv6 DAD 
Optimization support and defines the requirements that must be met 
by IPv6 DAD Optimization solutions in DNA Working Group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requirement-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requirement-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-park-dna-ipv6dadopt-requirement-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.