Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salowey-eap-key-deriv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:51:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP Key Derivation for Multiple Applications
	Author(s)	: J. Salowey, P. Eronen
	Filename	: draft-salowey-eap-key-deriv-02.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides an extensible 
interface to various authentication mechanisms.  Some EAP methods 
derive cryptographic material between the EAP peers; these keys can 
be used, for instance, with IEEE 802.11i encryption. This document 
proposes a mechanism that can be used to derive cryptographically 
separate keys for more than one cryptographic application, such as 
protecting subsequent EAP messages, distributing credentials for re-
authentication, or handoff mechanisms involving multiple WLAN access 
points.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-key-deriv-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salowey-eap-key-deriv-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-key-deriv-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.