Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-spamfilt-inoculation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:41:26 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Versatile Language Inoculation Message Format
	Author(s)	: B. Yerazunis, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-spamfilt-inoculation-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-10-20
	
Analytical anti-spam tools are designed to prevent unsolicited 
commercial email from being delivered to the user(s) that the tool 
is protecting by means of analyzing the message's content.  Such 
tools are designed to learn the different tokens and patterns that 
comprise both innocent and guilty messages to effectively conclude 
whether a message is considered to be spam.

A method of inoculation provides the ability for the end-user to 
benefit by pre-seeding the filtering tool with contextual 
information specific to the content to which the inoculation is 
targeted for.

This memo describes the message format used to transmit inoculations
via electronic mail.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-spamfilt-inoculation-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-spamfilt-inoculation-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-spamfilt-inoculation-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.