Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hayashi-mlda-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 10:58:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication protocol (MLDA)
	Author(s)	: T. Hayashi
	Filename	: draft-hayashi-mlda-01.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-10-1
	
This memo documents the Multicast Listener Discovery Authentication
protocol (MLDA). MLDA provides not only the functionality of
multicast listener discovery between hosts and their first-hop
routers as MLD does, with the addition of user authentication and
accounting. MLDA is designed to be used in a controlled or managed
IPv6 multicast environment, when authentication and accounting are
required. The user authentication information in MLDA can enable a
provider to control the distribution of the multicast traffic as well
as to collect real time user accounting information. MLDA also use
same ICMPv6 [ICMPv6] (IP Protocol 58) message types, rather than IGMP
(IP Protocol 2) message types as same as that of IGMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hayashi-mlda-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hayashi-mlda-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.