Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hoffman-rfc3454bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:54:15 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Preparation of Internationalized Strings 
			  ('stringprep')
	Author(s)	: P. Hoffman, M. Blanchet
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-rfc3454bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 69
	Date		: 2003-10-6
	
This document describes a framework for preparing Unicode text
strings in order to increase the likelihood that string input and
string comparison work in ways that make sense for typical users
throughout the world.  The stringprep protocol is useful for protocol
identifier values, company and personal names, internationalized
domain names, and other text strings.

This document does not specify how protocols should prepare text
strings.  Protocols must create profiles of stringprep in order to
fully specify the processing options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc3454bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hoffman-rfc3454bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-rfc3454bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.