Subject: Document Action: 'Domain Administrative Data in LDAP' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:09:15 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'Domain Administrative Data in LDAP '
   <draft-newton-ldap-whois-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Dear RFC Editor,

Please adjust the Security Considerations as listed below.

Thanks,
            Ted Hardie

OLD:
9. Security Considerations

   This experiment did not endeavor to use security mechanisms beyond
   those readily available in LDAP [5].  Section 3.1.3 and Section 4.1.3
   describe the various access controls used within the scope of the
   defined security mechanisms.

NEW:

9. Security Considerations

   This experiment did not endeavor to use security mechanisms beyond
   those readily available in LDAP [5].  Section 3.1.3 and Section 4.1.3
   describe the various access controls used within the scope of the
   defined security mechanisms.   While these mechanisms were adequate
   for this experimental deployment, they would not be adequate for a
   production environment, and they should not be taken as a model for
   those contemplating deployment on the Internet.