Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:09:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GMPLS and IP/MPLS Interworking Architecture
	Author(s)	: E. Oki
	Filename	: draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-10-24
	
Generalized MPLS extends MPLS to support various transport technologies.
One important GMPLS target is to seamlessly integrate IP-only-capable or
IP+MPLS-capable networks (we call them IP/MPLS networks in this docu-
ment) with various transport networks such as SONET/SDH and wavelength
switched networks.  IP/MPLS networks (supporting only packet LSPs)
migration to GMPLS networks (supporting both packet and non-packet LSPs)
will coexist at some point in time. Such IP/MPLS nodes that do not sup-
port GMPLS protocols must also operate with GMPLS networks. IP/MPLS
nodes that do not support the processing non-packet LSP specifics of
GMPLS protocols must also operate with such GMPLS networks.  This
document addresses operational considerations on GMPLS and IP/MPLS
interworking, and provides examples on both routing and signaling
aspects. For the existing routing protocol, information on the data
plane in the GMPLS network is needed to be available to make appropriate
routing tables at IP routers in the IP/MPLS networks.  Selected informa-
tion on GMPLS nodes and GMPLS TE links in the GMPLS network needs to be
advertised to the IP/MPLS net- works by emulating information that can
be understood by IP routers.  These advertised nodes and links need to
appear as IP router entries and behave as conventional IP subnetworks.
From the signaling aspects, a comparison between two methods, the tunnel
method and the stitch method, are presented.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oki-ccamp-gmpls-ip-interworking-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.