Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-molina-flow-selection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:35:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flow selection support in IPFIX
	Author(s)	: M. Molina
	Filename	: draft-molina-flow-selection-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-10-16
	
Flow selection is the process of selecting only a limited number of 
flows out of all the flows observable/observed at an IPFIX device. 
The selection can be done in the metering process, by selectively 
accounting only some of the incoming packets, in the flow recording 
process, by keeping only some of the created flow records, or in the 
exporting process, by exporting only some of the flow records of the 
flow recording process. This document describes the scenarios where 
flow selection can be applied, discusses what information about the 
flow selection process is beneficial to export and provides an 
information model for it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-molina-flow-selection-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-molina-flow-selection-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-molina-flow-selection-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.