Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:43:53 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Telephony Tones Using MIDI in SIP
	Author(s)	: D. Bryan, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 2003-10-20
	
This document describes conventions for using MIDI to generate tones
on SIP UAs. This does not define any changes to SIP but describes how
to use the existing Alert-Info header to play tones that can be used
to indicate specialized PSTN tones such as the ringback tones from
various countries. The tones are described using MIDI which results
in a compact representation that is simple for a UA to generate and
easy to render into audio.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.