Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-luu-ntlp-con-imp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:35:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NSIS Transport Layer Protocol Considerations and 
			  Implementation
	Author(s)	: T. Luu, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-luu-ntlp-con-imp-00.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2003-10-17
	
The working group NSIS (Next Step In Signaling) is created with the
ambition to define a new signaling protocol.  This signaling protocol
will be generic and applicable to the most of present and future
signaling applications. Some of these signaling applications are
resource reservation, communication protocol for middlebox, VPN, etc.
The intention of NSIS is to re-use, where appropriate, the protocol
mechanisms of RSVP while at the same time simplifying it and applying
a more general signaling model.

NSIS signaling protocol is composed of two layers. NTLP (NSIS
Transport Layer Protocol) layer is responsible for transporting
signaling messages. NSLP (NSIS Signaling Layer Protocol) is the upper
layer which contains functionality such as message formats and
sequences, specific to a particular signaling application.

This document outlines the proposal of implementation for NTLP which
can satisfy the requirements defined in the NSIS working group.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-luu-ntlp-con-imp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-luu-ntlp-con-imp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-luu-ntlp-con-imp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.