Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:32:54 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Goals for an Addressing Scheme to Support Local Communications within Sites
	Author(s)	: T. Hain, F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-10-23
	
The IPv6 addressing architecture specifies global and local-use
unicast addressing schemes, but provides no operational guidelines
for their use. There is a perceived need for an addressing scheme
that supports local communications within sites. Of special interest
are 'active sites', e.g., sites that are intermittently-connected or
disconnected from the global Internet, sites that frequently change
provider points of attachment, sites that temporarily or permanently
merge with other sites, multi-homed sites, etc. This memo will
discuss goals for an addressing scheme to support local
communications within sites.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.