Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pil-ccamp-extra-lsp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:26:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extra class LSP service using protecting resources in GMPLS networks
	Author(s)	: K. Shimano
	Filename	: draft-pil-ccamp-extra-lsp-01.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2003-10-28
	
This document provides the problem statement on a extra class LSP ser-
vice and addresses the issues.  The extra class LSP uses the resource
reserved but not allocated for the protecting LSPs in the pre-planned
LSP re-routing without extra-traffic (including shared mesh) recovery
method.  Network utilization is improved because the resource reserved
for the protecting LSPs are used for the extra class LSPs.  The extra
class LSP is preempted less frequently than the conventional priority
mechanism using setup and holding priorities because the resource
reserved for the protecting LSPs is allocated only if the working LSP
fails, which is usually expected to rarely occur.  This document pro-
poses the extra class LSP service using the resource reserved but not
allocated for the protecting LSP at the provisioning phase.  This docu-
ment addresses the issues on the extra class LSP: (1) advertisement of
available resource, (2) extra class LSP indication in signaling message
(3) extra class LSP preemption signaling, and (4) preventing unintended
connections.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pil-ccamp-extra-lsp-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pil-ccamp-extra-lsp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pil-ccamp-extra-lsp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.