Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:40:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Protecting Control Channels in GMPLS
	Author(s)	: Y. Kim
	Filename	: draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-04.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-10-28
	
This document describes base requirements for protecting control 
channels(CCs) for GMPLS. It provides guidelines needed in order to 
switchover an active CC to one of standby CCs when a failure occurs 
about the active CC. It defines terminology, base concepts, 
necessities, and considerations that should be noted primarily in 
order to complete the mechanism of CC protection. This document 
describes requirements for providing resilience capabilities of 
control plane in GMPLS whose control channel can be separated from 
the data channel. This contribution, as a document that proposes the
necessity about resilience of control plane like that of transport 
plane, handles related terminologies, base concepts, possible 
configurations, necessities and requirements, additional 
considerations including the relationship with other protocol such as 
LMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kim-ccamp-cc-protection-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.