Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:46:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SIP Emergency Assistance Scenarios
	Author(s)	: T. Taylor
	Filename	: draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This document examines the scenarios within which SIP phones may be 
used to contact emergency call centres.  Beginning with an overview 
of the high level system requirements for contacting emergency call 
centres in the PSTN, the scenarios involving stationary or nomadic 
SIP phones are described and then alternative strategies for 
supporting the information flows for the scenarios needed to meet 
these requirements are examined.  The major finding from the point 
of view of SIP standardization is it would be helpful in a number of 
scenarios if a location header field could be added either by the 
SIP phone or by a proxy to indicate the location of the phone in a 
machine-readable way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-taylor-sipping-emerg-scen-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.