Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arifumi-tcp-mh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:50:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Multi-Home Options
	Author(s)	: A. Matsumoto, et. al.
	Filename	: draft-arifumi-tcp-mh-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-10-8
	
In the existing TCP, only one local and one remote address is used
through a TCP session, even when a client or a server is located
under multi-homed site and has multiple IP addresses.  When a network
outage occurs and the access-line associated with the local and
remote addresses is down, the TCP session itself gets lost even if
another access-line is alive.  TCP MH option makes it possible to
handle multiple local and remote address pairs in one TCP session and
to survive network outages by finding out an alternative network
path.  Our path transition mechanism is simple, fast, lightweight and
as secure as existing TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-tcp-mh-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arifumi-tcp-mh-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arifumi-tcp-mh-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.