Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gill-gtsh-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 10:46:38 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Generalized TTL Security Mechanism (GTSM)
	Author(s)	: V. Gill, J. Heasley, D. Meyer
	Filename	: draft-gill-gtsh-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-10-8
	
The use of a packet's TTL to protect a protocol stack from
CPU-utilization based attacks has been proposed in many
settings (see for example, RFC 2461 [RFC2461]). This document
generalizes these techniques for use by other protocols such
as BGP [RFC1771], MSDP [MSDP], Bidirectional Forwarding
Detection [BFD], and LDP [LDPHELLO]. While the Generalized TTL
Security Mechanism (GTSM)  is most effective in protecting
directly connected protocol peers, it can also provide a lower
level of protection to multi-hop sessions. Use of multi-hop
GTSM should be considered on a case-by-case basis.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gill-gtsh-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gill-gtsh-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gill-gtsh-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.