Subject: STD 1, RFC 3600 on Internet Official Protocol Standards

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:24:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD 1
        RFC 3600

        Title:      Internet Official Protocol Standards
        Author(s):  J. Reynolds, Ed., S. Ginoza, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 134338
        Obsoletes:  3300

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3600.txt

This memo contains a snapshot of the state of standardization of
protocols used in the Internet as of October 2, 2003.  It lists
official protocol standards and Best Current Practice RFCs; it is not
a complete index to the RFC series.  The latest version of this memo
is designated STD 1.

This is now a Standard Protocol.

This memo is an Internet Standard.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.