Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:04:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Tunneling IPv6 with private IPv4 addresses behind NAT devices
	Author(s)	: L. Min
	Filename	: draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2003-11-21
	
The growth of IPv6 networks started mainly using the transport
facilities offered by the current Internet. This led to the
development of several techniques to manage IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels.
However, classic tunneling methods do not work when the IPv6
candidate node is isolated behind a Network Address Translator (NAT)
device. We propose here a service, called Silkroad, to enable nodes
located behind one or several IPv4 NATs to obtain IPv6 connectivity.
It can provide IPv6 connectivity through all existing NAT types. In
addition, Silkroad does not need special IPv6 addressing prefix and
can provide the users with permanent IPv6 addresses. Silkroad
approach is expected to be useful to stimulate the growth of IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-liumin-v6ops-silkroad-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.