Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rentschler-dhc-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:02:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DHCP Discovery Extensions
	Author(s)	: M. Rentschler
	Filename	: draft-rentschler-dhc-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2003-11-11
	
The discovery mechanism described here is built upon and coexists
with BOOTP according to RFC 1542 and DHCP according to RFC 2131 
and RFC 3203.
It allows server-initiated communication to specific or all clients 
in the network, using the DHCP packet format and with that the
relay agent functionality. 
The Discovery mechanism is a powerful and flexible extension to 
client-initiated DHCP that allows a variety of applications,
for example:

- Discovery and supervision of clients in the network
- Server-initiated configuration of clients
- DHCP server redundancy

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rentschler-dhc-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rentschler-dhc-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rentschler-dhc-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.