Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:25:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration
	Author(s)	: P. Calhoun, G. Montenegro, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-08.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2003-11-20
	
Using Mobile IP, a mobile node registers with its home agent each
time it changes care-of address.  If the distance between the
visited network and the home network of the mobile node is large, the
signaling delay for these registrations may be long.  This document
describes a new kind of `regional' registrations, i.e.  registrations
local to the visited domain.  The regional signaling is performed via
a new network entity called a Gateway Foreign Agent and introduces
a layer of hierarchy in the visited domain.  Regional registrations
reduce the number of signaling messages to the home network, and
reduce the signaling delay when a mobile node moves from one foreign
agent to another within the same visited domain.  This document is an
optional extension to the Mobile IPv4 protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.