Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gellens-format-bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:08:49 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Text/Plain Format and DelSp Parameters
	Author(s)	: R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-gellens-format-bis-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-11-18
	
This specification establishes two parameters to be used with the
Text/Plain media type, and, in the presence of these parameters, the
use of trailing whitespace to indicate flowed lines.  This results
in an encoding which appears as normal Text/Plain in older
implementations, since it is in fact normal Text/Plain, yet provides
for superior wrapping, flowing, and quoting.

This standard supersedes the one specified in RFC 2646,
'The Text/Plain Format Parameter', and adds the DelSp parameter to
accommodate languages/coded character sets in which ASCII spaces are
not used or appear rarely.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-format-bis-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gellens-format-bis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gellens-format-bis-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.