Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:04:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Problem Statement: Home Agent Reliability
	Author(s)	: J. Faizan
	Filename	: draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-11-11
	
In Mobile-IPv6, Mobile Node is dependent on a single Home Agent for 
the seamless roaming over the Internet. Mobile-IPv6 also allows  
deployment of multiple Home Agents on the subnet for providing 
continuous service to Mobile Node in case of serving Home Agent 
failure. But switching of service from the failed Home Agent to 
another functional Home Agent on the Home Subnet is problematic and 
the base Mobile-IPv6 specifications does not currently have
well-described solutions. This document aims to describe and 
illustrate these problems, and propose some guidelines for possible 
solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-ha-reliability-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.