Subject: Protocol Action: 'Routing Extensions in Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:04:43 -0500

The IESG has approved following documents:

- 'Routing Extensions in Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'OSPF Extensions in Support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

These documents are products of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary

  <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-09.txt>  
  This document specifies routing extensions in support of carrying
  link state information for Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
  (GMPLS).  This document enhances the routing extensions required to
  support MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE).

  <draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-gmpls-extensions-12.txt> 
  This document specifies encoding of extensions to the OSPF routing
  protocol in support of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching.

Working Group Summary
 
  There is WG consensus to publish these documents as Proposed Standards.
  Besides WG last call in CCAMP, the WG last call was also posted to the 
  the OSPF WG to make sure proper review would happen.
  IETF Last Call caused some comments that resulted in fixes and new 
  revisions of the I-Ds.

Protocol Quality
 
  The document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen

RFC-Editor notes for <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-09.txt>:

In section 1.1, bullet 4  on page 4 (Inheritable attributes) fix a typo

OLD:
    exists for protection), then an OC-3c within that OC-192 (a higher
....................................^^^^^
NEW:
    exists for protection), then an STS-3c within that OC-192 (a higher
....................................^^^^^^