Subject: RFC 3652 on Handle System Protocol (ver 2.1) Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:29:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3652

        Title:      Handle System Protocol (ver 2.1) Specification
        Author(s):  S. Sun, S. Reilly, L. Lannom, J. Petrone
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 124380
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sun-handle-system-protocol-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3652.txt

The Handle System is a general-purpose global name service that
allows secured name resolution and administration over the public
Internet.  This document describes the protocol used for client
software to access the Handle System for both handle resolution and
administration.  The protocol specifies the procedure for a client
software to locate the responsible handle server of any given
handle.  It also defines the messages exchanged between the client
and server for any handle operation.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.