Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gwon-mipshop-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:31:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enhanced Forwarding from the Previous Care-of 
		 	  Address for Fast Mobile IPv6 Handovers (eFWD)
	Author(s)	: Y. Gwon
	Filename	: draft-gwon-mipshop-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-11-26
	
We introduce Enhanced Forwarding from the Previous Care-of Address 
(eFWD) for fast handovers in Mobile IPv6. eFWD enables a mobile node 
to create and directly control a bi-directional tunnel between the 
mobile nodeÆs previous and new subnetÆs access routers subsequent to 
a link layer handover. eFWD reduces handover latency by expediting 
the mobile nodeÆs movement detection and new subnetÆs access router 
discovery via proposed Candidate Access Router Information Discovery 
(CARID) method and by eliminating time to acquire a new care-of 
address. Main advantage of eFWD is complete removal of link layer 
pre-triggers that are extremely complex mechanisms to implement in 
wireless technologies other than cellular systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gwon-mipshop-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gwon-mipshop-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gwon-mipshop-efwd-fmipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.