Subject: RFC 3651 on Handle System Namespace and Service Definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:28:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3651

        Title:      Handle System Namespace and Service Definition
        Author(s):  S. Sun, S. Reilly, L. Lannom
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 104479
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sun-handle-system-def-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3651.txt

The Handle System is a general-purpose global name service that
allows secured name resolution and administration over the public
Internet.  This document provides a detailed description of the
Handle System namespace, and its data, service, and operation
models.  The namespace definition specifies the handle syntax and
its semantic structure.  The data model defines the data structures
used by the Handle System protocol and any pre-defined data types
for carrying out the handle service.  The service model provides
definitions of various Handle System components and explains how
they work together over the network.  Finally, the Handle System
operation model describes its service operation in terms of
messages transmitted between client and server, and the client
authentication process based on the Handle System authentication
protocol.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.