Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:24:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Ingress Filtering for Multihomed Networks
	Author(s)	: F. Baker, P. Savola
	Filename	: draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-11-19
	
RFC 2827, BCP 38, is designed to limit the impact of distributed
denial of service attacks, by denying traffic with spoofed addresses
access to the network, and to help ensure that traffic is traceable
to its correct source network. As a side effect of protecting the
Internet against such attacks, the network implementing the solution
also protects itself from this and other attacks, such as spoofed
management access to networking equipment. However, it causes
problems of its own. This document addresses the issues and proposes
several possible solutions.  This memo updates RFC 2827.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-savola-bcp38-multihoming-update-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.