Subject: Document Action: 'An IESG charter' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:26:41 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'An IESG charter '
   <draft-iesg-charter-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Engineering Steering Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Steve Bellovin and Harald Alvestrand.

Please make the following change to Section 3.2:
 
OLD:
 
        The chair may also exclude members and liaisons who have a serious
        conflict of interest on an issue (although this has never been done
        so far). Members can also choose to recuse themselves from 
        discussion of an issue, or refrain from casting a vote on an issue, 
        if they feel that is appropriate.
 
NEW:
 
        The chair may also exclude members and liaisons who have a serious
        conflict of interest on an issue (although this has never been done
        so far). Members can also choose to recuse themselves from 
        discussion of an issue, or refrain from participating in a 
        particular ballot, if they feel that is appropriate.