Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jang-mipv6-smreg-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:27:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Simultaneous Registration of Multiple Care-of Addresses
	Author(s)	: H. Jang
	Filename	: draft-jang-mipv6-smreg-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-11-2
	
This draft proposes a scheme that allows a mobile node to register a
primary care-of address(CoA) as well as one or more non-primary CoAs
by sending a single binding update message to the home agent and/or
correspondent node. This is achieved by using two new mobility
options defined in this draft. Mobile nodes that perform duplicate
address detection procedure, such as Advance DAD and Optimistic DAD
can benefit from this scheme. Proposed scheme does not require to
exchange CoTI and CoT messages, usually required for the registration
of each of the non-primary CoA(s). It also does not require to
maintain binding management key for each of the non-primary CoA(s).
Thus the proposed scheme reduces the signaling and processing
overhead in Mobile IPv6 networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jang-mipv6-smreg-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jang-mipv6-smreg-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jang-mipv6-smreg-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.