Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iesg-hardie-outline-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:55:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Engineering Steering Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An Outline Proposal for the Means to Accomplish the IETF's Ends
	Author(s)	: T. Hardie
	Filename	: draft-iesg-hardie-outline-01.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-10-27
	
This outline contains a short description of the IETF's core work
and a description of structures and processes which might be used
to accomplish it.  Many of the elements described are already in
use either formally or informally. This document does, however,
propose some new mechanisms to support the work of the IETF.  The
IESG does not believe that this document is complete, nor has it
decided on a course of action based on this or any other proposal.
The IESG does hope that presenting an outline set of mechanisms,
both old and new, will foster discussion. The IESG hopes community
will consider both whether the mechanisms described here would meet
the IETF's needs and, especially, whether the linkages among the
abstracted functions it describes are adequate and complete.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iesg-hardie-outline-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iesg-hardie-outline-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iesg-hardie-outline-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.