Subject: Document Action: 'Considerations for IGMP and MLD Snooping Switches' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:52:33 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'Considerations for IGMP and MLD Snooping Switches '
   <draft-ietf-magma-snoop-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
  This memo describes the recommendations for IGMP- and MLD-snooping
  switches. These are based on best current practices for IGMPv2,
  with further considerations for IGMPv3- and MLDv2-snooping.
  Additional areas of relevance, such as link layer topology changes
  and Ethernet-specific encapsulation issues, are also considered.

Working Group Summary
 
  This document is a product of the MAGMA WG.  It was modified 
  after WG last call to address issues raised during AD and IESG
  Review by Margaret Wasserman and Steve Bellovin.  Pekka Savola
  also offered helpful review comments.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note

Please make the following change before publication:

OLD:
       -  Multicast router discovery is accomplished using Neighbor
          Discovery Protocol [NDP] for IPv6.  NDP uses ICMPv6 
          message types.

NEW:
       -  Multicast router discovery is accomplished using the
          Multicast Router Discovery (MRDISC) protocol defined in 
          [MRDISC].

Thanks!