Subject: Protocol Action: 'WebDAV Access Control Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:58:33 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'WebDAV Access Control Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-webdav-acl-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Ned Freed.

 Technical Summary
   
   This document specifies a set of methods, headers, message bodies, 
   properties, and reports that define Access Control extensions to the 
   WebDAV Distributed Authoring Protocol. This protocol permits a client 
   to read and modify access control lists that instruct a server 
   whether to allow or deny operations upon a resource (such as 
   HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) method invocations) by a given 
   principal. A lightweight representation of principals as Web 
   resources supports integration of a wide range of user management 
   repositories. Search operations allow discovery and manipulation of 
   principals using human names. 
   
 Working Group Summary
   
   This document is a product of the Web Distributed Authoring and 
   Versioning (WebDAV) working group of the Internet Engineering Task 
   Force.

 Protocol Quality
   
   Ned Freed reviewed this document for the IESG.