Subject: **Revised** Document Action: 'Threat Analysis of the geopriv Protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:10:41 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'Threat Analysis of the geopriv Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-threat-analysis-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Ned Freed.

Technical Summary
  
This document provides some analysis of threats against the geopriv
 protocol architecture.  It focuses on protocol threats, threats that
 result from the storage of data by entities in the architecture, and
 threats posed by the abuse of information yielded by geopriv.  Some
 security properties that meet these threats are enumerated as a
 reference for geopriv requirements.

Working Group Summary
 
There was working group consensus to publish this document as
an informational RFC.

Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie