Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:35:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6-IPv4 Translation mechanism for SIP-based services in Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Networks
	Author(s)	: K. El Malki
	Filename	: draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-12-4
	
There have been discussions on the v6ops mailing list and at IETF
meetings regarding the suitability of translators (i.e. NAT-PT) as
mechanisms for IPv4 to IPv6 transition. It has often been stated that
NAT-PT is not a mechanism to be recommended in general to solve the
IPv6-IPv4 transition problem. There have also been discussions
regarding special scenarios where some form of translators could be
deployed if their use is documented appropriately. The aim of this
draft is to document the rationale for using translators in 3GPP
(Third Generation Partnership Project) networks for IPv6-only SIP-
based IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) services and to describe a
solution to the problem.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.