Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:01:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Crankback Signaling Extensions for MPLS Signaling
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2003-12-16
	
In a distributed, constraint-based routing environment, the
   information used to compute a path may be out of date. This means
   that Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) label switched path (LSP)
   setup requests may be blocked by links or nodes without sufficient
   resources. Crankback is a scheme whereby setup failure information    is
   returned from the point of failure to allow new setup attempts to be
   made avoiding the blocked resources. Crankback can also be applied to
   LSP restoration to indicate the location of the failed link or node.

   This document specifies crankback signaling extensions for use in
   MPLS signaling using RSVP-TE as defined in

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-crankback-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.