Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nunzi-check-mib-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:32:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Definitions of Managed Objects for the Health Check Operations
	Author(s)	: G. Nunzi
	Filename	: draft-nunzi-check-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2003-12-22
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community,
   that is targeted at increasing scalability of network monitoring via
   SNMP.  In particular, the MIB module defined in this document
   describes a set of managed objects that allow to define a check
   procedure on a managed device.  The result of the  check is
   accumulated into a single managed object that can be read by a
   manager instead of reading all individual managed objects to be
   checked during the check procedure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nunzi-check-mib-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nunzi-check-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nunzi-check-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.