Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-groom-vpn-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:29:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: VPN Performance Measurements û an open model based proposal
	Author(s)	: P. Groom
	Filename	: draft-groom-vpn-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-12-5
	
This document discusses a proposed solution for measuring the performance of a VPN tunnel, in terms of latency, packet loss and availability, using a standards based methodology. Although various vendors have provided methods of measuring VPN performance, all of them use either proprietary protocols or bespoke software. This paper proposes a standards based solution that can be easily integrated into an NMS (Network Management System).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-groom-vpn-tunnel-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-groom-vpn-tunnel-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-groom-vpn-tunnel-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.