Subject: RFC 3663 on Domain Administrative Data in Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:37:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3663

        Title:      Domain Administrative Data
                    in Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
        Author(s):  A. Newton
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]; [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 42260
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-newton-ldap-whois-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3663.txt

Domain registration data has typically been exposed to the general
public via Nicname/Whois for administrative purposes.  This document
describes the Referral Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
Service, an experimental service using LDAP and well-known LDAP types
to make domain administrative data available.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind.  Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.