Subject: RFC 3648 on Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Ordered Collections Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:37:53 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3648

        Title:      Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
                    Ordered Collections Protocol
        Author(s):  J. Whitehead, J. Reschke, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 57147
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3648.txt

This specification extends the Web Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) Protocol to support the server-side ordering of
collection members.  Of particular interest are orderings that are not
based on property values, and so cannot be achieved using a search
protocol's ordering option and cannot be maintained automatically by
the server.  Protocol elements are defined to let clients specify the
position in the ordering of each collection member, as well as the
semantics governing the ordering.  

This document is a product of the WWW Distributed Authoring and
Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.