Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:39:11 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: L2TP Active Discovery Relay for PPPoE
	Author(s)	: M. Townsley, R. da Silva
	Filename	: draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-08.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2003-12-4
	
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [1] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.
Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) [2], facilitates the tunneling of
PPP packets across an intervening packet-switched network.  And yet a
third protocol, PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) [3] describes how to build
PPP sessions and to encapsulate PPP packets over Ethernet.
L2TP Active Discovery Relay for PPPoE describes a method to relay
Active Discovery and Service Selection functionality from PPPoE over
the reliable control channel within L2TP.  Two new L2TP control
message types and associated PPPoE-specific Attribute Value Pairs
(AVPs) for L2TP are defined.  This relay mechanism provides enhanced
integration of a specific feature in the PPPoE tunneling protocol
with L2TP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dasilva-l2tp-relaysvc-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.