Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:39:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Goals for Organizational-Scope Communications
	Author(s)	: T. Hain, F. Templin
	Filename	: draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-04.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2003-12-9
	
The IPv6 addressing architecture specifies formats for unicast
addresses, but provides no operational guidelines for their use.
There is a clear need for IPv6 to support organizational-scope
communications whether members of the organization are located in the
same site or different sites.
Aspects of certain types of sites introduce challenges for supporting
organizational-scope communications. Of special interest are nomadic
sites, e.g., sites that are intermittently-connected or disconnected
from the global Internet, sites that frequently change provider
points of attachment, sites that temporarily or permanently merge
with other sites, etc. This memo will discuss scenarios and goals for
IPv6 support organizational-scope communications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.