Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jones-opsec-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:01:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Operational Security Requirements for IP Network Infrastructure
	Author(s)	: G. Jones
	Filename	: draft-jones-opsec-03.txt
	Pages		: 68
	Date		: 2003-12-16
	
This document defines a list of operational security requirements for
   the infrastructure of large IP networks (routers and switches) which
   are considered to be best current practice (BCP). A framework is
   defined for specifying 'profiles', which are collections of
   requirements applicable to certain classes of devices (all,
   core-only, edge-only...). The goal is to provide consumers of network
   equipment a clear, concise way of communicating their security
   requirements to vendors of such equipment. The requirements in this
   document are considered to be best current practice (BCP). Comments
   to: [email-masked]'.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jones-opsec-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jones-opsec-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.