Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srikantan-mmusic-rtsp-streaming-relay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:37:52 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Streaming Relays
	Author(s)	: G. Srikantan
	Filename	: draft-srikantan-mmusic-rtsp-streaming-relay-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-12-4
	
Delivery of streaming media to a large number of clients distributed
across several geographic and network boundaries presents several
challenges in terms of scalability and stream quality. This document
describes N-tier relays to address scalability and quality issues in
the delivery of stored and live content. This document addresses
issues in stream synchronization, content announcement/expiry,
reliability of transport, failover/recovery, administration, and
security issues. This document propose a set of primitives to enable
implementation of Push and Pull mechanisms for N-tier relays. We also
provide usage scenarios where each approach is most useful. The Pull
and Push  mechanisms are complementary and provide valuable building
blocks in N-tier relays. This document introduces a few new RTSP
methods and headers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srikantan-mmusic-rtsp-streaming-relay-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srikantan-mmusic-rtsp-streaming-relay-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srikantan-mmusic-rtsp-streaming-relay-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.