Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:35:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MLEF Considered Harmful
	Author(s)	: F. Baker
	Filename	: draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2003-12-2
	
The Defense Information Systems Agency of the United States
Department of Defense, with is contractors, has proposed a service
architecture for military (NATO and related agencies) telephone
systems. This is called the Assured Service, and is defined in two
documents: 'Architecture for Assured Service Capabilities in Voice
over IP' and 'Requirements for Assured Service Capabilities in Voice
over IP'. Responding to these are four documents: 'Reason Header
Field for the Session Initiation Protocol', 'Extending the Session
Initiation Protocol Reason Header to account for  Preemption Events',
'Communications Resource Priority for the Session Initiation
Protocol', and the 'Multi-Level Expedited Forwarding Per Hop
Behavior' (MLEF PHB). MLEF, as currently defined, has serious
problems, which this draft seeks to discuss.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-baker-tsvwg-mlef-concerns-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.