Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-e2e-futures-04.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:05:26 -0500

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

               The Rise of the Middle and the Future of End to End:
           Reflections on the Evolution of the Internet Architecture

                 draft-iab-e2e-futures-04.txt

 as an Informational RFC. This document discusses current trends
 in the evolution of the Internet architecture in relation to the
 end to end principle.

 The IAB solicits comments by January 5, 2004. Please send
 comments to the IAB ([email-masked]), or to [email-masked].

 The document can be found at

     http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-e2e-futures-04.txt

   From the Abstract:

 The end to end principle is the core architectural guideline of the 
 Internet. In this document, we briefly examine the development of the
 end to end principle as it has been applied to the Internet
 architecture over the years. We discuss current trends in the
 evolution of the Internet architecture in relation to the end to
 end principle, and try to draw some conclusion about the
 evolution of the end to end principle, and thus for the Internet
 architecture which it supports, in light of these current trends.

     Leslie Daigle,
     For the IAB.