Subject: Protocol Action: 'ENUM Service Registration for H.323 URL' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:59:54 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'ENUM Service Registration for H.323 URL '
   <draft-ietf-enum-h323-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

This document registers an ENUM service for  ITU-T Recommendation
H.323 according to specifications and guidelines in RFC2916bis. 
In particular it is the specification of the E2U+H23 ENUM service.  It 
provides ENUM support for multimedia communications deployed using
H.323.

Working Group Summary

There was no working group dissent about specifying this service, or
about the particulars of the specification.  It was well-reviewed in the
Working Group.

Protocol Quality

The specification was reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor Note

Remove the word URL from the title so that the title becomes
"ENUM Service Registration for H.323".

Remove the citations for RFC 2916bis and H.323 in the abstract.  They
can be silently removed without any replacement.

Add to the end of the Security Considerations:

  An analysis of threats specific to the dependence of ENUM on
  the DNS, and the applicability of DNSSEC [##] to these, is
  provided in [3].

Append to the Informative References:

[##]  R. Arends, et al, Protocol Modifications for the DNS Security
         Extensions, draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol-03.txt