Subject: Protocol Action: 'Application Performance Measurement MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:11:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Application Performance Measurement MIB '
   <draft-ietf-rmonmib-apm-mib-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Randy Bush.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
 for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
 In particular, it defines objects for measuring the application
 performance as experienced by end-user.

Working Group Summary
 
 The Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a 
 Proposed Standard 

Protocol Quality
 
 The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.

RFC-Editor note:

Pls replace on Page 68, section 4, 4th paragraph

OLD:
 Specifically, this MIB contains network addresses, machine
 names, user names, application usage information, and
 conversation statistics. Data of this nature may be considered
 sensitive or subject to privacy regulations in some
 environments. In such environments the administrator may wish
 to restrict even read-only SNMP access to the agent.

NEW:
 Specifically, this MIB contains network addresses, machines
 names, user names, application usage information, and 
 conversation statistics. Data of this nature should be
 considered sensitive and the privacy of the users from whom it
 was gathered protected.  Administrators should restrict read
 access to this data to specifically authorized individuals or
 agents that recognize the privacy implications of its release.
 In situations where read access to this data cannot be
 restricted, it should not be gathered.