Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wollman-slbrp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:23:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Server Load Balancing Registration Protocol
	Author(s)	: W. Wollman
	Filename	: draft-wollman-slbrp-00.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 2003-12-8
	
This document defines an experimental protocol called the Server Load 
Balancing Registration Protocol (SLBRP).  This protocol permits 
servers to register and coordinate services with a service load 
balancing (SLB) application.  Coordination between real servers and 
the SLB application will include service definition(s), Virtual IP 
(VIP) address support, server application health monitoring, as well 
as, optional support for automatic Domain Name System (DNS) and DNS-
based Global Server Load Balancer (GSLB) updates.  This document also 
describes Anycast Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) implementations 
that can operate with an SLB and GSLB based enterprise 
infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wollman-slbrp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wollman-slbrp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wollman-slbrp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.