Subject: Document Action: 'Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:00:28 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Authentication, Authorization and Accounting Requirements for the 
   Session Initiation Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-sipping-aaa-req-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

RFC Editor Note

RFC Editor, please make the following clarifying change in Section 4,
Security Considerations.
Old:

   This document is informational in nature, so it does not directly
   affect the security of the Internet. However, security is a basic
   requirement of this work. Section 2.1.9 contains security
   requirements related to the SIP-AAA interface.

New:

   Security is a critical requirement of AAA for the Session Initiation
   Protocol.  Section 2.1.9 describes the threats and security 
   requirements.  Section 2.2 elaborates on the authentication and
   authorization requirements.