Subject: RFC 3661 on Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Return Code Usage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:46:47 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3661

        Title:      Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Return Code
                    Usage
        Author(s):  B. Foster, C. Sivachelvan
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 49898
        Updates:    3435

        I-D Tag:    draft-foster-mgcp-returncodes-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3661.txt

This document provides implementation guidelines for the use of
return codes in RFC 3435, Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
Version 1.0.  Return codes in RFC 3435 do not cover all possible
specific situations that may ever occur in a gateway.  That is not
possible and not necessary.  What is important is to ensure that the
Call Agent that receives a return code behaves appropriately and
consistently for the given situation.  The purpose of this document is
to provide implementation guidelines to ensure that consistency.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.