Subject: Protocol Action: 'SIEVE Spamtest and Virustest Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:28:56 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'SIEVE Spamtest and Virustest Extensions '
   <draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ned Freed.

Technical Summary
 
    The SIEVE mail filtering language [SIEVE] "spamtest" and "virustest"
    extensions permit users to use simple, portable commands for spam
    and virus tests on email messages.  Each extension provides a new
    test using matches against numeric 'scores'.  It is the
    responsibility of the underlying SIEVE implementation to do the
    actual checks that result in values returned by the tests.
  
Working Group Summary
 
    This document was developed and reviewed on the [email-masked]
    mailing list but is not the product of an IETF Working Group. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
    Ned Freed reviewed the specification for the IESG.

RFC Editor note

Title needs to be changed to
 "SIEVE Email Filtering: Spamtest and VirusTest Extensions"
There's a bracket out of alignment in the example in section 3.3
Section 3.3 again: "definately" -> "definitely"