Subject: Randy Bush replacement schedule

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:25:33 -0500

For mid-term vacancies, RFC 2727 says "the selection and confirmation
process is expected to be completed within 1 month." However, there are
several factors that make a one-month schedule impractical in this
situation.

1. Some nominees for Randy's O&M AD position are also under
consideration for other positions.
2. The two O&M ADs need to have complementary skills.
3. Candidates with operational experience & relationships are rare.
4. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday seasons.

To have the best chance of producing a high-quality result, the NomCom
(after consulting with ISOC and the IAB as confirming body) has arrived
at the following schedule for filling Randy Bush's O&M AD position:

1. Nominations due to NomCom by Dec 1, 2003.
2. NomCom produces confidential short-list by Dec 10.
3. NomCom makes decision by Dec 22.
4. NomCom notifies IAB on Jan 5, 2004.
5. IAB confirms (or rejects) by Jan 19.

Thanks,
Rich