Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-send-cga-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:31:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Securing Neighbor Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA)
	Author(s)	: T. Aura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-send-cga-04.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2003-12-18
	
This document describes a method for binding a public signature key
to an IPv6 address in the Secure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) protocol.
Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) are IPv6 addresses where
the interface identifier is generated by computing a cryptographic
one-way hash function from a public key and auxiliary parameters. The
binding between the public key and the address can be verified by
re-computing the hash value and by comparing the hash with the
interface identifier. Messages sent from an IPv6 address can be
protected by attaching the public key and auxiliary parameters and by
signing the message with the corresponding private key. The
protection works without a certification authority or other security
infrastructure.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-cga-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-send-cga-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-cga-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.