Subject: Protocol Action: 'MIME Type Registrations for JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:04:45 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'MIME Type Registrations for ISO/IEC 15444 '
   <draft-singer-jp2-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary

   This document serves to register and document the standard MIME types
   associated with the ISO/IEC 15444 standards, commonly known as JPEG
   2000 (Joint Photographic Experts Group).

Working Group Summary
 
  The JPEG 2000 MIME type spec is an individual submission, but there is AVT
   WG interest in both the MIME type and the RTP payload, and the AVT
   WG reviewed the specification and supported advancement.
 
Protocol Quality

   In an earlier timeframe there was a submission of the specification
   without sufficient information.  This version has the needed   
   quality related  to the AVT WG interests mentioned above.  It was 
   reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor Note

------
Clarify the title:

Old:

MIME Type Registrations for ISO/IEC 15444

New:

MIME Type Registrations for JPEG 2000 (ISO/IEC 15444)

------

In the References -

[RFC-TIFF] does not mention the RFC number.  It is RFC 3302.

------

The author must split the references.