Subject: RFC 3653 on XML-Signature XPath Filter 2.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:39:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3653

        Title:      XML-Signature XPath Filter 2.0
        Author(s):  J. Boyer, M. Hughes, J. Reagle
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32258
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xmldsig-xpf2-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3653.txt

XML Signature recommends a standard means for specifying information
content to be digitally signed and for representing the resulting
digital signatures in XML.  Some applications require the ability to
specify a subset of a given XML document as the information content to
be signed.  The XML Signature specification meets this requirement
with the XPath transform.  However, this transform can be difficult to
implement efficiently with existing technologies.  This specification
defines a new XML Signature transform to facilitate the development of
efficient document subsetting implementations that interoperate under
similar performance profiles.

This document is the W3C XML Signature XPath-Filter 2.0
Recommendation.  This document has been reviewed by W3C Members and
other interested parties and has been endorsed by the Director as a
W3C Recommendation.  It is a stable document and may be used as
reference material or cited as a normative reference from another
document.  W3C's role in making the Recommendation is to draw
attention to the specification and to promote its widespread
deployment.  This enhances the functionality and interoperability of
the Web.

This document is a product of the XML Digital Signatures Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.