Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Differentiated Services Configuration MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 11:48:55 -0500

The IESG has approved following document:

- 'The Differentiated Services Configuration MIB '
   <draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Configuration Management with SNMP 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo describes a MIB module that provides a conceptual layer
 between high-level "network-wide" policy definitions that effect
 configuration of the Differentiated Services (diffserv) subsystem and
 the instance-specific information that would include such details as
 the parameters for all the queues associated with each interface in a
 system.  This essentially provides an interface for configuring
 differentiated services at a conceptually higher layer than that of
 the Differentiated Services MIB.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The working group has consensus that this document be published as
 a Proposed Standard. The WG worked extensively with people from the
 DIFFSERV WG to make sure that this document and RFC3289 are in sync
 and can be used together.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.