Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:30:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol (VHAR)
	Author(s)	: J. Faizan
	Filename	: draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2003-12-18
	
Current specification of Mobile-IPv6 [1] does not provide Home Agent 
   Reliability and Load Balancing in the Home Network [12]. The aim of
   this draft is to introduce Virtual Home Agent Reliability Protocol as 
   the solution. In this protocol multiple Home Agents and Recovery Home 
   Agents coexist on the same subnet and share the same IP Address. Only 
   one of them is active at a time and serves the Mobile Node. The Home 
   Agent failure and failover mechanisms are completely transparent to 
   the Mobile Node which is required for minimal service interruption 
   time. This protocol does not introduce any new Mobile-IPv6 message 
   over the air interface and thus helps reducing the overall overhead.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jfaizan-mipv6-vhar-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.