Subject: RFC 3660 on Basic Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Packages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:45:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3660

        Title:      Basic Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
                    Packages
        Author(s):  B. Foster, F. Andreasen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 145147
        Updates:    2705

        I-D Tag:    draft-foster-mgcp-basic-packages-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3660.txt

This document provides a basic set of Media Gateway Control Protocol
(MGCP) packages.  The generic, line, trunk, handset, RTP, DTMF
(Dual Tone Multifrequency), announcement server and script packages
are updates of packages from RFC 2705 with additional explanation and
in some cases new versions of these packages.  In addition to these,
five new packages are defined here.  These are the signal list,
resource reservation, media format, supplementary services and digit
map extension packages.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.