Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for the Multiprotocol Label Switching, Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:28:23 -0500

The IESG has approved following documents:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for the Multiprotocol Label Switching, Label 
   Distribution Protocol (LDP) '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Forwarding Equivalence Class To Next 
   Hop Label Forwarding Entry (FEC-To-NHLFE)Management Information Base '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-ftn-mib-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Management 
   Information Base '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

These documents are products of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
The documents define MPLS-related MIB modules for use with network 
management protocols in the Internet community. In particular, managed 
objects for the Multiprotocol Label Switching, Label Distribution 
Protocol (LDP), Forwarding Equivalence Class (FEC) to Next Hop Label 
Forwarding Entry (NHLFE) mappings,and objects for Multiprotocol Label 
Switching (MPLS) based traffic engineering
 
Working Group Summary
 
 There was a concensus within the WG to advance these documents
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The documents have been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen and Mike
 MacFaden.

RFC-Editor notes

- In document <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-14.txt> pls use proper names
  of tables on page 130:

  OLD:
   o    the mplsLdpEntityTable, mplsLdpPeerTable, mplsLdpSesTable and
        mplsLdpSesStatsTable collectively show the LDP LSP network
  NEW:
   o    the mplsLdpEntityTable, mplsLdpPeerTable, mplsLdpSessionTable
        and mplsLdpSessionStatsTable collectively show the LDP LSP 
        network

- In document <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-14.txt> pls use parentheses 
  instead of double quotes (Security Considerations section, pages
  130-133). There are some 11 occurences. The authors took this from
  MIB security Guidelines, but their WORD processor turned the parentheses
  into double quotes... Oh well.

- In document <draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-14.txt> pls use parentheses 
  instead of double quotes (Security Considerations section, page 63).
  There are some 6 occurences. The authors took this from MIB security
  Guidelines, but their WORD processor turned the parentheses
  into double quotes... Oh well.