Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mrose-ietf-posting-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:34:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Practice for Revoking Posting Rights to IETF mailing lists
	Author(s)	: M. Rose
	Filename	: draft-mrose-ietf-posting-04.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-12-2
	
All self-governing bodies have ways of managing the scope of
participant interaction. The IETF uses a consensus-driven process for
developing computer-communications standards in an open fashion. An
important part of this consensus-driven process is the pervasive use
of mailing lists for discussion. Notably, in a small number of cases,
a participant has engaged in a 'denial-of-service' attack to disrupt
the consensus-driven process. Regrettably, as these bad faith attacks
become more common, the IETF needs to establish a practice that
reduces or eliminates these attacks. This memo recommends such a
practice for use by the IETF.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrose-ietf-posting-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mrose-ietf-posting-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mrose-ietf-posting-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.