Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:39:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) RSVP-TE Signalling in support
			  of Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)
	Author(s)	: J. Drake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-00.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2003-12-10
	
This document specifies how Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) RSVP-TE
signaling may be used and extended to satisfy the requirements of
the Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) architecture
specified by the ITU-T. The requirements are in a companion document
'Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Usage and Extensions for
Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).'

In particular, this document details the mechanisms for setting up
Soft Permanent Connections (SPC), the necessary extensions in
delivering full and logical call/connection separation support, the
extended restart capabilities during control plane failures,
extended label usage and crankback signalling capability.

The mechanisms proposed in the present document are applicable to
any environment (including multi-area) and for any type of
interface: packet, layer-2, time-division multiplexed, lambda or
fiber switching.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-ason-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.