Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srinivas-wat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:37:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Web Address Translation (WAT)
	Author(s)	: S. Mantripragada
	Filename	: draft-srinivas-wat-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2003-12-11
	
This draft specifies Web Address Translation (WAT) mechanism. The
scheme allows user to hide or rewrite the backend (and internal)
domain addresses. The scheme is based on a suite of URL translation
schemes without requiring any of the backend application servers to be 
reconfigured This allows to host multiple applications on different 
virtual servers via a single domain. The analogy is similar to NAT 
except that the proposed implementation scheme operates at the web 
application layer and brings the value of web address translation 
mechanism up into the network than doing the functions only in the 
web servers at the end point.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-wat-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srinivas-wat-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srinivas-wat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.