Subject: Call for Nominations: IETF-Nominated ISOC Trustee

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:39:30 -0500

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
 support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the
 IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),
 with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one
 Trustee each year.

 A description of the process for selecting the Trustee each year can
 be found in RFC3677.

 The timeline the IAB is using this year is as follows: 

     January 2: Open nominations period 

     February 6: Close of nominations period.
                             Publication of list of nominated candidates 
                             IAB connences consideration of candidates
   
     On or before
     March 5: IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation 

     On or before
     April 2: Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC 
                             Elections Committee for announcement with the rest
                             of the new ISOC BoT slate 

 Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB --
 [email-masked].

 Nomination Details: 

     Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three
     year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees
     elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal
     management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
     in 2 to 3 Board meetings per year. The desirable characteristics of
     a candidate that are specific to the IETF's selected ISOC BoT member
     are outlined in section 2 of RFC 3677.

     Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB: 

         1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this
               process.

         2. Full name and contact information.

         3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
               appropriate level of time to activities associated with the
               position of Trustee.

         4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

         5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,
               goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

         6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB in
               considering your nomination.

         Care of Personal Information. 

         The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this
         process:

             - The candidate's name will be published, with all other
                 candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

             - Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the
                 nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the
                 confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain
                 confidentiality of the candidate's information

             - Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB
                 during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

 Current IETF-Nominated Trustees 

     The current IETF-Appointed ISOC Trustees and their term of
     appointment are:

         Eric Huizer 2002 - 2004 (*) 

         Fred Baker 2002 - 2005 

         Margaret Wasserman 2003 - 2006 

             (*) Current term expires May 2004 

 Leslie Daigle,
 Chair, IAB