Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:22:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed
Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WebDAV Access Control Protocol
	Author(s)	: G. Clemm
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 2004-1-6
	
This document specifies a set of methods, headers, message bodies,
properties, and reports that define Access Control extensions to the
WebDAV Distributed Authoring Protocol. This protocol permits a client
to read and modify access control lists that instruct a server whether
to allow or deny operations upon a resource (such as HyperText Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) method invocations) by a given principal. A lightweight
representation of principals as Web resources supports integration of a
wide range of user management repositories. Search operations allow
discovery and manipulation of principals using human names.  This
document is a product of the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning
(WebDAV) working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments
on this draft are welcomed, and should be addressed to the
[email-masked] mailing list. Other related documents can be found at
http://www.example.com/acl/, and
http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/webdav/.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.