Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:27:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Partial Notification of Presence Information
	Author(s)	: M. Lonnfors
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-1-21
	
A Presence service can have constraints for delivering presence
information to devices with low data processing capabilities, small
display, and limited battery power. Other limitations can be caused
by the interface between the terminal and the network, i.e. over
radio links with high latency and low bandwidth. This memo presents a
solution that aids in reducing the impact of those constrains and to
increase efficiency, by introducing a mechanism called partial
notification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.