Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:04:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Threats for Basic Network Mobility Support (NEMO threats)
	Author(s)	: A. Petrescu
	Filename	: draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-1-12
	
This document describes security threats related to the network
   mobility base protocol (NEMO).  Threats of Mobile IPv6 for Mobile
   Hosts are only briefly touched when in need of support of related
   NEMO threats.  The NEMO signalling between MR and HA, as well as
   the forwarding information at HA and nested mobility configurations
   are considered to be the main sensitive points of the protocol.
   Existing tools of Mobile IPv6 protection between MH and HA (IPsec),
   dynamic routing protocol authentication, NEMO prefix table, ingress
   filtering checks at HA and tunnel encapsulation limiting are
   presented as protocol features affording protection against
   threats.  NEMO threats for which there are no protections are
   briefly mentioned.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-petrescu-nemo-threats-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.