Subject: Protocol Action: 'SONET/SDH Encoding for Link Management Protocol (LMP) Test messages' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:45:00 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SONET/SDH Encoding for Link Management Protocol (LMP) Test messages '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-lmp-test-sonet-sdh-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
 This document details the Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET)/
 Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) technology specific information
 needed when sending Link Management Protocol (LMP) test messages.

Working Group Summary
 
 The Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a Proposed 
 Standard.  Input was also requested from ITU-T and T1X1 and as a result
 some changes were agreed to.  The final IETF Last Call did not raise
 any additional comments.

Protocol Quality
 
 Bert Wijnen has reviewed this document for the IESG