Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:00:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Reliable Multicast Transport Building Block:Tree based ACK (TRACK) Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: D. Chiu
	Filename	: draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 2004-1-7
	
The Reliable Multicast Transport (RMT) Working Group has been 
chartered to standardize reliable multicast transport services and 
protocol instantiations, which include the tree-based ACK (TRACK) 
protocol. This document describes the RMT Building Block for Tree-
based ACK (TRACK) mechanisms.  It contains functions relating to 
positive acknowledgments and hierarchical tree construction and 
maintenance.  It might primarily be used as part of the TRACK 
Protocol Instantiation. According to the charter, a building block 
is 'a coarse-grained modular component that is common to multiple 
protocols along with abstract APIs that define a building block's 
access methods and their arguments.' The TRACK BB mechanisms will 
operate on the logical ACK-tree that is configured by the TREE BB 
[10] in the TRACK PI sessions. This document is made based on the 
guidelines for the RMT BB [5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chiu-rmt-bb-track-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.