Subject: RFC 3664 on The AES-XCBC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:39:34 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3664

        Title:      The AES-XCBC-PRF-128 Algorithm for
                    the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)
        Author(s):  P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6711
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-aes-xcbc-prf-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3664.txt

Some implementations of IP Security (IPsec) may want to use a
pseudo-random function derived from the Advanced Encryption Standard
(AES).  This document describes such an algorithm, called
AES-XCBC-PRF-128.  

This document is a product of the IP Security Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.