Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:09:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 8+8 Addressing for IPv6 End to End Multihoming
	Author(s)	: M. Ohta
	Filename	: draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-1-15
	
This memo describes 8+8 address format, which is an IPv6 address
format with locator/ID separation useful for end to end multihoming.
A 16 byte address of an end is separated into two 8 byte fields:
locator, which is used to route packets to a link to which the end is
attached, and ID, which is used to globally identify the end.

Locators are assigned from (top level) ISPs to sites (and lower level
ISPs) in hierarchical and aggregatable manner that a multihomed site
(and ISPs) receive multiple locators from upstream ISPs.

A usual host in a multihomed site (or a singly homed site under a
multihomed ISP) is expected to have an ID and multiple locators and
transport layer protocols are expected to handle multiple locators of
the host and its peer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohta-multi6-8plus8-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.