Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:08:13 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SCTP Partial Reliability Extension
	Author(s)	: R. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2004-1-27
	
This memo describes an extension to the Stream Control Transmission
Protocol (SCTP) RFC2960 [5] that allows an SCTP endpoint to signal to
its peer that it should move the cumulative ack point forward.  When
both sides of an SCTP association support this extension, it can be
used by an SCTP implementation to provide partially reliable data
transmission service to an upper layer protocol.  This memo describes
(1) the protocol extensions, which consist of a new parameter for
INIT and INIT ACK, and a new FORWARD TSN chunk type (2) one example
partially reliable service that can be provided to the upper layer
via this mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-prsctp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.