Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:51:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PANA enabling IPsec based Access Control
	Author(s)	: M. Parthasarathy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-1-13
	
The PANA (Protocol for carrying Authentication for Network Access)  
working group is developing protocol for authenticating clients to  
the access network using IP based protocols.  The PANA protocol  
authenticates the client and also establishes a PANA security  
association between the PANA client and PANA authentication agent at  
the end of a successful authentication. This document discusses the  
details for establishing an IPsec security association using the PANA  
security association for enabling IPsec based access control.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-ipsec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.