Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-pfeiffer-temporal-fragments-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:27:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Specifying time intervals in URI queries and 
			  fragments of time-based Web resources (BCP)
	Author(s)	: S. Pfeiffer, C. Parker
	Filename	: draft-pfeiffer-temporal-fragments-02.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-1-9
	
This document specifies a syntax for addressing time intervals within
time-based Web resources through URI queries and fragments. It
suggests a Best Current Practice (BCP) for any time-based Web
resource for which temporal subparts may be requested and retrieved.
This enables, e.g., direct access to a clip of a video stored on a
Web Server, or direct jumps to a specific event within a piece of
music. The syntax is not restricted to audio or video Web resources,
but covers all kinds of Web resources that contain time-continuous
information.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pfeiffer-temporal-fragments-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-pfeiffer-temporal-fragments-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-pfeiffer-temporal-fragments-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.