Subject: RFC 3665 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Basic Call Flow Examples

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:28:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 75
        RFC 3665

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Basic Call Flow
                    Examples
        Author(s):  A. Johnston, S. Donovan, R. Sparks, C. Cunningham,
                    K. Summers
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       December 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      94
        Characters: 163159
        SeeAlso:    BCP 75

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-basic-call-flows-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3665.txt

This document gives examples of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) call
flows.  Elements in these call flows include SIP User Agents and
Clients, SIP Proxy and Redirect Servers.  Scenarios include SIP
Registration and SIP session establishment.  Call flow diagrams and
message details are shown.  

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.