Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:04:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: BGP Communities for Data Collection
	Author(s)	: D. Meyer
	Filename	: draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2004-1-19
	
BGP communities (RFC 1997) are used by service providers for many
purposes, including tagging of customer, peer, and geographically
originated routes.  Such tagging is typically used to control the
scope of redistribution of routes within a provider's network, and to
its peers and customers. With the advent of large scale BGP data
collection (and associated research), it has become clear that the
information carried in such communities is essential for a deeper
understanding of the global routing system. This document defines
standard (outbound) communities and their encodings for export to BGP
route collectors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.