Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sood-tcp-config-sign-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:35:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: TCP Configurable Signature Option
	Author(s)	: K. Sood
	Filename	: draft-sood-tcp-config-sign-option-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2004-1-16
	
This RFC proposes a generic and configurable signature option for 
   TCP.  This work extends the practice defined in TCP MD5 Signature 
   Option for BGP sessions [RFC-2385].  This RFC describes a new TCP 
   Configurable Signature Option that allows any TCP-based application 
   to enhance security in TCP connections.  This option is configurable 
   because it allows implementers to choose the digest mechanism of 
   choice for each TCP connection.  This digest mechanism constructs a 
   signature for each TCP segment, using a (preferably) connection 
   specific shared secret key and components from TCP header and data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sood-tcp-config-sign-option-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sood-tcp-config-sign-option-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sood-tcp-config-sign-option-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.