Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:05:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
	Author(s)	: D. Stopp, B. Hickman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2004-1-27
	
The purpose of this draft is to describe methodology specific to 
the benchmarking of multicast IP forwarding devices. It builds upon 
the tenets set forth in RFC 2544, RFC 2432 and other IETF 
Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) efforts.  This 
document seeks to extend these efforts to the multicast paradigm. 
The BMWG produces two major classes of documents: Benchmarking 
Terminology documents and Benchmarking Methodology documents. The 
Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related 
terms. The Methodology documents define the procedures required to 
collect the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology 
documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.