Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:51:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Layer 2 VPNs Over Tunnels
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella
	Filename	: draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-1-13
	
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) based on Frame Relay or ATM circuits
have been around a long time.  While these VPNs work well, the costs
of maintaining separate networks for Internet traffic and VPNs and
the administrative burden of provisioning these VPNs have led Service
Providers to look for alternative solutions.  In this document, we
present a VPN solution where from the customer's point of view, the
VPN is based on Layer 2 circuits, but the Service Provider maintains
and manages a single network for IP, IP VPNs, and Layer 2 VPNs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.