Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:27:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The IETF in the Large:  Administration and Execution
	Author(s)	: L. Daigle
	Filename	: draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 2004-1-9
	
In the fall of 2003, the IETF Chair and the IAB Chair formed an IAB
   Advisory Committee (AdvComm), with a mandate to review the existing
   IETF administratuve structure and relationships (RFC-Editor, IETF
   Secretariat, IANA) and to propose changes to the IETF management
   process or structure to improve the overall functioning of the IETF.
   The AdvComm mandate did not include the standards process itself.

   This memo documents the AdvComm's findings and proposals.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.