Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kini-ospf-gr-enhance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:59:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enhancements to OSPF Graceful Restart for Heterogeneous Environments
	Author(s)	: S. Kini
	Filename	: draft-kini-ospf-gr-enhance-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-1-23
	
Reliability is a fundamental concern for the network. As a solution 
   to improve network stability, the non-stop forwarding paradigm 
   depends on protocol recovery based on graceful restart techniques. 
   One of the proposed graceful restart techniques for [OSPF], a widely 
   deployed IGP, is described in [OSPF-GR]. This technique has a 
   limitation of not being backward compatible, in the sense that if a 
   neighbor does not support the helper mode described in [OSPF-GR], 
   the graceful-restart procedure will fail (i.e., revert to normal 
   restart). For large multi-vendor networks, this scenario is fairly 
   common. In this draft, we describe techniques that can achieve OSPF 
   graceful restart even if a neighboring router does not support the 
   helper-mode of [OSPF-GR].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kini-ospf-gr-enhance-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kini-ospf-gr-enhance-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kini-ospf-gr-enhance-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.