Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-laforet-deasey-imxrecords-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:51:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enhancing SMTP Mail Services To Minimize SPAM
	Author(s)	: C. Laforet
	Filename	: draft-laforet-deasey-imxrecords-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-1-13
	
Unwanted Email ('SPAM') is a constantly growing scourge of the 
Internet.  SPAM takes full advantage of the open system that was 
created in the spirit of cooperation that represents the original 
underpinnings of the Internet.

Understanding that making airtight mail systems without completely 
destroying old software, the authors of this proposal considered the 
continued operation of these legacy systems while tightening up the 
current standards.  This new proposal calls for a new DNS resource 
record type and a new standard of operation for organization mail-
exchangers.  Using this new resource record along with other standard 
DNS resources provides system operators to minimize exploitable inbound 
SPAM pathways into their systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laforet-deasey-imxrecords-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-laforet-deasey-imxrecords-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-laforet-deasey-imxrecords-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.