Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-schild-v6ops-guide-v4mapping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:49:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guide to Mapping IPv4 to IPv6 Subnets
	Author(s)	: C. Schild
	Filename	: draft-schild-v6ops-guide-v4mapping-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-1-29
	
This document is intended to be a guide for network administrators of
enterprise sized sites that employ the Internet Protocol Version 4
(IPv4) and who would like to introduce the Internet Protocol Version
6 (IPv6) dual-stack. It applies to scenarios where IPv4 subnets must
be mapped to IPv6 subnets for management purposes while keeping the
option to create IPv6 subnets in parallel and independently in the
future with almost no restrictions; it is not meant to be applied to
scenarios where a native IPv6 address plan can be created easily and
without the need to map IPv4 subnets.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schild-v6ops-guide-v4mapping-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-schild-v6ops-guide-v4mapping-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-schild-v6ops-guide-v4mapping-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.