Subject: Document Action: 'Introduction to the Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Standards' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:10:34 -0500

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Internet Area 
   Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-int-03.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Routing Area Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-routing-03.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Security Area 
   Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-sec-04.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Sub-IP Area Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-subip-04.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Transport Area 
   Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-trans-05.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Introduction to the Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF 
   Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-intro-06.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Application Area 
   Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-apps-04.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF Operations & 
   Management Area Standards '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

These documents are products of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 These documents provide an overview and introduction to the v6ops IETF
 workgroup project of documenting all usage of IPv4 addresses in
 IETF standards track and experimental RFCs.  Besides the intro
 document, there are seven documents conforming to the current IETF
 areas. The intro document also describes the methodology used during
 documentation, which type of RFCs that has been documented, and a
 concatenated summary of results.

Working Group Summary
 
 The WG has consensus to publish these documents as Informational RFCs.
 The area specific documents were reviewed within the specific areas.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The intro and OPS area documents have been reviewed for the IESG by 
 Bert Wijnen. The documents related to each specific area were reviewed
 by at least one of the ADs of that area.

RFC-Editor notes:

- for document draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-intro-06.txt, inabstract,
  pls change/clarify:

  OLD:
  This document is a general overview and introduction to the v6ops IETF
  workgroup project of documenting all usage of IPv4 addresses in
  currently deployed IETF documented standards.  It is broken into seven
  NEW:
  This document is a general overview and introduction to the v6ops IETF
  workgroup project of documenting all usage of IPv4 addresses in
  IETF standards track and experimental RFCs.  It is broken into seven

- For document draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-05.txt in sect 5.107,
  please remove an incorrect piece of text:

  OLD:
  section 4.3, which has "ipv4" in it; however, it's just an example,
  and available to IPv6 as well with a simple replacement of "ipv4"
  with "ipv6".
  NEW:
  section 4.3, which has "ipv4" in it.

- for draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-sec-04.txt, please add section
  7.4.2 after 7.4.1:
  
  NEW:
  7.4.2: OSPF with Digital Signatures (RFC 2154)
                    
  This specification is IPv4-only, and relies on an IPv4-only routing
  protocol, OSPFv2.  Due to increased focus on routing security, this
  specification may need to be revisited, and in that case it should
  support both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

- For draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-int-03.txt, section 3.1, 
  please replace:

  OLD:

   This specification defines IPv4 and is replaced by the IPv6
   specifications.

  NEW:

   This specification defines IPv4; IPv6 has been specified in 
   separate documents.