Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Proxy Certificate Profile' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:05:10 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Proxy Certificate Profile '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the certificate profile for Proxy
  Certificates, based on X.509v3 certificate profile in RFC 3280.  The
  term Proxy Certificate is used to describe a certificate that is
  derived from, and signed by, a normal X.509v3 End Entity Public Key
  Certificate or by another Proxy Certificate.

Working Group Summary

  The PKIX Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  On page 17, please correct the forward reference.

  OLD:

    the IANA registry (see Section Error! Reference source not found

  NEW:

    the IANA registry (see Section 7

  Add additional text to the end of the IANA Considerations, replacing
  RFC-TBD with the number assigned to this document, and replacing
  DATE-TBD with the month and year that this document becomes an RFC.

  NEW:

    OID                      Description                Reference
    ---                      -----------                ---------
    1.3.6.1.5.5.7.21.1       id-ppl-inheritALL          [RFC RFC-TBD]
    1.3.6.1.5.5.7.21.2       id-ppl-independent         [RFC RFC-TBD]

    REFERENCES
    ----------

    [RFC-TBD] Tuecke, S., V. Welch, D. Engert, L. Pearlman, M. Thompson,
              "Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Proxy Certificate
              Profile", RFC RFC-TBD, Argonne National Laboratory, National
              Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of
              Southern California/Information Sciences Institute,
              Lawernece Berkeley National Laboratory, DATE-TBD.