Subject: BCP 81, RFC 3688 on The IETF XML Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:48:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 81
        RFC 3688

        Title:      The IETF XML Registry
        Author(s):  M. Mealling
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       January 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17325
        SeeAlso:    BCP 81

        I-D Tag:    draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3688.txt

This document describes an IANA maintained registry for IETF standards
which use Extensible Markup Language (XML) related items such as
Namespaces, Document Type Declarations (DTDs), Schemas, and Resource
Description Framework (RDF) Schemas.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.