Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-soumiya-lmp-fault-notification-ext-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:59:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to LMP for Flooding-based Fault Notification
	Author(s)	: T. Soumiya, R. Rabbat
	Filename	: draft-soumiya-lmp-fault-notification-ext-02.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-1-7
	
This draft describes extensions to the Link Management Protocol (LMP) 
for use in flooding-based fault notification in optical networks.  We 
focus on networks that use a common control plane (e.g, Generalized 
Multi-Protocol Label Switching or GMPLS).  These extensions implement 
the Fault Notification Protocol, a flooding-based approach to 
notifying faults to nodes in the network.  We motivate the use of LMP 
extensions for flooding, define message formats and explain the 
communication messages that occur using LMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-soumiya-lmp-fault-notification-ext-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-soumiya-lmp-fault-notification-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-soumiya-lmp-fault-notification-ext-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.