Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:10:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using an LSA Options Bit to Prevent Looping in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-03.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-1-15
	
This document specifies a procedure that deals with a particular
issue that may arise when a Service Provider (SP) provides 'BGP/MPLS
IP VPN' service to a customer, and the customer uses OSPF to
advertise its routes to the SP.  In this situation, a Customer Edge
(CE) Router and a Provider Edge (PE) Router are OSPF peers, and
customer routes are sent via OSPF from the CE to the PE.  The
customer routes are converted into BGP routes, and BGP carries them
across the backbone to other PE routers.  The routes are then
converted back to OSPF routes sent via OSPF to other CE routers.  As
a result of converting the routes from OSPF to BGP and back to OSPF,
some of the information needed to prevent loops may be lost.  A
procedure is needed to ensure that once a route is sent from a PE to
a CE, the route will be ignored by any PE which receives it back from
a CE.  This document specifies the necessary procedure, using one of
the options bits in the LSA (Link State Advertisements) to indicate
that an LSA has already been forwarded by a PE, and should be ignored
by any other PEs that see it.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.