Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-claise-netflow-9-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 08:43:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Cisco Systems NetFlow Services Export Version 9
	Author(s)	: B. Claise
	Filename	: draft-claise-netflow-9-07.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-1-6
	
This document specifies the implementation details of the latest
version of the Cisco Systems NetFlow services export format, also known
as the NetFlow version 9 format. This format provides network
administrators with access to IP flows information in a flexible and
extensible way. The distinguishing feature of this new NetFlow services
export format, compared with previous formats, is that it is template
based. The template is a collection of fields, with corresponding
descriptions of their structures and their semantics.  This document
focuses on the most recent evolution of the NetFlow flow record export
format, which is known as version 9. The distinguishing feature of the
NetFlow version 9 export format, compared with previous formats, is
that it is template based. The templates (collections of fields with
the corresponding description of their structures and their semantics)
provide a flexible and extensible design to the flow record export
format. This facilitates future enhancements to NetFlow services
without requiring changes to the basic flow record export format.
Another advantage is that only the required fields are exported within
the flow record, which minimizes the consumed export bandwidth.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-claise-netflow-9-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-claise-netflow-9-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-claise-netflow-9-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.