Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:59:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander
	Filename	: draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2004-1-23
	
The Host Identity Protocol implements the identifier locator
   separation by introduing a new name space and a new layer to the IP
   stack.  The new structure insulates the transport layer protocols
   from the internetworking layer, thereby allowing transport sessions
   to remain unaffected even if the underlying IP addresses change.
   That, in turn, seems to make it easier to solve the so called site
   multi-homing problem than without introducing such an indirection
   layer.

   This document discusses how the proposed HIP mobility and
   multi-homing solution, described separately, would fit to the IETF
   multi6 working group requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.