Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chadalapaka-iwarp-da-01.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:23:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Datamover Architecture for iSCSI (DA)
	Author(s)	: M. Chadalapaka
	Filename	: draft-chadalapaka-iwarp-da-01.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 60
	Date		: 2004-1-21
	
iSCSI is a SCSI transport protocol that maps the SCSI family of 
application protocols onto TCP/IP.  The Datamover Architecture for 
iSCSI (DA) defines an abstract model in which the movement of data 
between iSCSI end nodes is logically separated from the rest of the 
iSCSI protocol in order to allow iSCSI to adapt to innovations 
available in new IP transports.  The new Datamover protocol provides 
a reliable transport for all iSCSI PDUs, but actually moves 
the data required for certain iSCSI PDUs without involving the 
remote iSCSI layer itself.  This document begins with an 
introduction of a few new abstractions, defines a layered 
architecture for iSCSI and Datamover protocols, and then models the 
interactions within an iSCSI end node between the iSCSI layer and 
the Datamover layer that happen in order to transparently perform 
remote data movement within an IP fabric.  It is intended that this 
definition would help map iSCSI to generic RDMA-capable IP fabrics 
in the future comprising TCP, SCTP, and possibly other underlying 
network transport layers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chadalapaka-iwarp-da-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chadalapaka-iwarp-da-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chadalapaka-iwarp-da-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.