Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:00:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The EAP GPRS Protocol (EAP-GPRS)
	Author(s)	: A. Salkintzis
	Filename	: draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-1-23
	
This document specifies an extension to the Extensible Authentication 
Protocol (EAP) [2], referred to as EAP-GPRS, which allows GPRS 
clients to perform signaling procedures with a core GPRS network 
through devices that enforce EAP-based access control. For example, a 
GPRS client can use EAP-GPRS to attach to a GPRS network through an 
access point that enforces IEEE 802.1X [3] access control. In this 
case, the GPRS attach signaling is performed in the context of the 
underlying 802.1X procedure and the GPRS messages are encapsulated 
into EAP-GPRS packets. If the GPRS client is permitted to attach to 
the GPRS network, then the 802.1X procedure ends successfully and the 
client is authorized access to the access point. In general, EAP-GPRS 
allows any type of signaling to take place during the EAP 
authentication as an embedded signaling procedure. However, in this 
documents we particularly focus on GPRS specific signaling.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salki-pppext-eap-gprs-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.