Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:53:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Stateless DHCP Service for IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Droms
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-1-14
	
Stateless DHCPv6 service is used by nodes to obtain configuration
information such as the addresses of DNS recursive name servers
that does not require the maintenance of any dynamic state for
individual clients.  A node that uses stateless DHCP must have
obtained its IPv6 addresses through some other mechanism,
typically stateless address autoconfiguration.  This document is a
guide to the protocol messages and options that must be
implemented to provide stateless DHCPv6 service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.