Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-van-beijnum-multi6-cbhi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:58:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Crypto Based Host Identifiers
	Author(s)	: I. van Beijnum
	Filename	: draft-van-beijnum-multi6-cbhi-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-2-2
	
Abstract

     This memo specifies a 64-bit crypto-based host identifier that can
     be used as an interface identifier in protocols that allow address
     agility, such as [ODT]. The cryptographic nature of the host
     identifier makes it possible to determine whether a correspondent
     is legitimately using said host identifier or not. 

     The host identifiers can be used as regular interface identifiers
     in protocols that don't require an identifier that is separate from
     locators, or they can be expanded to 128-bit IPv6 address like
     values for use with protocols that do need such an identifier-only
     value.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi6-cbhi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-van-beijnum-multi6-cbhi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-van-beijnum-multi6-cbhi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.