Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behrens-sipping-roaming-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Interdomain Trust-Relationships for SIP-based Roaming
	Author(s)	: H. Behrens
	Filename	: draft-behrens-sipping-roaming-architecture-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This draft describes an authentication mechanism which can 
           be used to enable users of VoIP to globally roam between any 
           number of ITSPs (Internet Telephony Service Providers) 
           without needing to have a prior customer or billing 
           relationship with all of them. This enables profiles and one- 
           line-billing. 
           Providers using this authentication mechanism do neither 
           need full-mesh 
           trust relationships or roaming agreements with every other 
           possible provider nor do they need to rely on a centralized 
           brokerage entity to process calls. 
           The Home Network (HN), which handles all AAA for a user 
           attempting to use an ITSP's service is determined through a 
           unique identifier submitted by the user. This Network Access 
           Identifier [RFC2486] contains information about the trust 
           domain or trust realm the user belongs to. Based on a simple 
           discovery mechanism a provider can establish a trust path to 
           this home network. Once this is 
           established, the provider can authenticate the user and 
           check his credit with the home network. Accounting and rate 
           information will be sent to the home network for mediation 
           and processing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behrens-sipping-roaming-architecture-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-behrens-sipping-roaming-architecture-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-behrens-sipping-roaming-architecture-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.