Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-riikonen-silc-spec-08.txt,.pdf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:42:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC), Protocol Specification
	Author(s)	: P. Riikonen
	Filename	: draft-riikonen-silc-spec-08.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
This memo describes a Secure Internet Live Conferencing (SILC)
protocol which provides secure conferencing services over insecure
network channel.  SILC is IRC [IRC] like protocol, however, it is
not equivalent to IRC and does not support IRC.  Strong cryptographic
methods are used to protect SILC packets inside the SILC network.
Three other Internet Drafts relates very closely to this memo;
SILC Packet Protocol [SILC2], SILC Key Exchange and Authentication
Protocols [SILC3] and SILC Commands [SILC4].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-spec-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-riikonen-silc-spec-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-riikonen-silc-spec-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.