Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shore-alias-fw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:45:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Communicating With Transport Intermediaries: Discussion and Framework
	Author(s)	: M. Shore
	Filename	: draft-shore-alias-fw-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2004-2-3
	
In an increasingly complex internet it is becoming more common for
     endpoints to want to influence the behavior of network devices, and
     for those devices to want to communicate with endpoints for autho-
     rization and policy discover.  Frameworks and protocols are evolv-
     ing for communication with application intermediaries and with net-
     work edge policy enforcement devices.  One area that has received
     relatively little attention to date is communication between end-
     points and transport intermediaries.  This document presents a
     problem statement and an overview of different communication mod-
     els.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shore-alias-fw-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-shore-alias-fw-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shore-alias-fw-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.