Subject: RFC 3675 on .sex Considered Dangerous

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:39:54 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3675

        Title:      .sex Considered Dangerous
        Author(s):  D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53211
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-xxx-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3675.txt

Periodically there are proposals to mandate the use of a special top
level name or an IP address bit to flag "adult" or "unsafe" material
or the like.  This document explains why this is an ill considered
idea from the legal, philosophical, and particularly, the technical
points of view.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.