Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-suh-mipshop-arip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:41:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Access Router Information Protocol (ARIP)
	Author(s)	: K. Suh
	Filename	: draft-suh-mipshop-arip-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2004-2-6
	
This document defines Access Router Information Protocol (ARIP)
whereby a mobile host can improve the handoff performance by
exchanging, in advance, the information among geographically
adjacent access router(AR)s. This protocol does not need a certain
assumption of network topology so that it can be applied to
heterogeneous networks as well as homogeneous networks. This document
also describes a framework to minimize the handoff latency with the
aid of ARIP. Therefore, ARIP can be combined with the protocol such as
Fast Handovers (for Mobile IPv6) which tries to minimize the handoff
latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-suh-mipshop-arip-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-suh-mipshop-arip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-suh-mipshop-arip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.