Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:10:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Statistical Inter-flow Field Behaviour for Context Replication in ROHC-TCP
	Author(s)	: C. Cho
	Filename	: draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-2-12
	
Context replication increases header compression gains by reducing 
   the redundancy between flows via efficient replicate (IR-CR) packets. 
   The optimum design of IR-CR packet formats requires elaborate    
   understanding of the inter-flow redundancy. As context replication is 
   most well-suited for TCP, this document presents a statistical 
   analysis of TCP/IP inter-flow field behaviour. Based on the analysis, 
   recommendations on ROHC-TCP packet format specifications for context 
   replication are made. It is also shown that inter-flow field 
   behaviour is inherently and significantly asymmetrical, and various 
   ways of handling it are considered. Finally, based on the inter-flow 
   behaviour of TCP Window field, it is noted that current encoding 
   methods do not compress it efficiently.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-cho-rohc-tcp-interflow-behaviour-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.