Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:39:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IP/LDP Local Protection
	Author(s)	: A. Atlas
	Filename	: draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2004-2-9
	
This document defines an architecture and selection process for
providing local protection for IP unicast and/or LDP traffic in the
event of a single link or node failure until the router has
converged.  When computing the primary next-hop for a prefix, a
router S also determines an alternate next-hop which can be used if
the primary next-hop fails.  The alternate can be either a loop-free
alternate, which goes to a neighbor whose shortest path to the prefix
does not go back through the router S, or a U-turn alternate, which
goes to a neighbor whose primary next-hop to the prefix is the router
S, and which has itself a loop-free node-protecting alternate, which
thus does not go through router S to reach the destination prefix.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-atlas-ip-local-protect-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.