Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lindem-ospfv3-dest-filter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:00:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: OSPFv3 Destination Address Filter
	Author(s)	: A. Lindem
	Filename	: draft-lindem-ospfv3-dest-filter-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
OSPFv2 has been criticized for it vulnerability to Denial of 
    Service (DOS) attacks. With OSPFv3, it is a simple matter to filter
    on the destination address at an implementation dependent level
    in order to limit the scope of DOS attacks to directly attached 
    routers. Unlike hop limit checking mechanisms, it is compatible 
    with the existing OSPFv3 behavior. Howevr, this level of protection 
    will preclude the deployment of virtual links in topologies where 
    the filtering is applied.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lindem-ospfv3-dest-filter-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lindem-ospfv3-dest-filter-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lindem-ospfv3-dest-filter-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.