Subject: Document Action: 'IETF Problem Statement' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:35:38 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IETF Problem Statement '
   <draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Problem Statement Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes the percieved problems visible in the IETF process
 as seen from the Problem WG, 2003.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The group reached consensus that the document was worth publishing.
 The group did not reach strong consensus on each individual problem, but
 rather reached consensus that all problems described were seen by a
 significant number of IETF people to be problems, and that the set
 described was important to publish.
 Last Call elicited one set of comments, and a couple of other issues
 were carried forward from WG Last Call. Status of comments can be seen on
 <https://roundup.machshav.com/lastcall/index>
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document was reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand.

RFC Editor note:

In section 1, please replace
OLD:

   Discussions over the last year or more have shown that a significant
   number of problems are believed to exist in the way the Internet

NEW:

   Discussions from November 2002 to March 2003 have shown that a 
   significant number of problems are believed to exist in the way the
   Internet

Section 1.4 to 1.8 should be removed before RFC publication, since they 
pertain only to the history of the draft.