Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yamamoto-mipv6node-v4trav-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Node traversal of IPv4 subnets using automatic tunnels
	Author(s)	: S. Yamamoto
	Filename	: draft-yamamoto-mipv6node-v4trav-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This draft presents Mobile IPv6 [1] operation in IPv4 networks by
   using existing automatic tunneling method.  A mobile IPv6 node uses
   Mobile IPv6 to maintain connectivity while moving between IPv6
   subnets.  Not all access networks will transition to IPv6 at once.
   Therefore, seamless Mobile IPv6 connectivity is not guarantied since
   a mobile IPv6 node may roam into an IPv4 only network.  We describe a
   scheme, named GLOB6, to allow mobile IPv6 nodes to traverse IPv4
   subnets by using automatic tunneling. ISATAP [2] is an example
   automatic tunneling mechanism described in this document to
   enable Mobile IPv6 connectivity over IPv4 networks. The
   draft concludes with a brief description of how the scheme
   can be applied to certain 3G networks as well as WLAN
   deployments as part of an overall strategy for the
   realization  of global mobility - a main feature of IPv6.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yamamoto-mipv6node-v4trav-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yamamoto-mipv6node-v4trav-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yamamoto-mipv6node-v4trav-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.