Subject: RFC 3719 on Recommendations for Interoperable Networks using Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:08:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 3719

         Title:      Recommendations for Interoperable Networks using
                     Intermediate System to Intermediate System
                     (IS-IS) 
         Author(s):  J. Parker, Ed.
         Status:     Informational
         Date:       February 2004
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      15
         Characters: 33939
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-iso-interoperable-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3719.txt

This document discusses a number of differences between the
Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) protocol as
described in ISO 10589 and the protocol as it is deployed today.
These differences are discussed as a service to those implementing,
testing, and deploying the IS-IS Protocol.  A companion document
discusses differences between the protocol described in RFC 1195 and
the protocol as it is deployed today for routing IP traffic. 

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.