Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:56:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extensions to GMPLS RSVP Graceful Restart
	Author(s)	: A. Satyanarayana, L. Berger, D. Papadimitriou
	Filename	: draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
This document describes extensions to the RSVP Graceful Restart
defined in [RFC3473].  The extensions enable the recovery of RSVP
signaling state based on the Path message last sent by the node being
restarted.  Previously defined Graceful Restart mechanisms, also
called nodal faults, permit recovery of signaling state from adjacent nodes when the data plane has retained the associated forwarding
state across a restart.  These mechanisms do not fully support
recovery of ingress nodes or recovery of all RSVP objects.  The
presented extensions use the RSVP Hello Extensions defined in
[RFC3209], and extensions for state recovery on nodal faults defined
in [RFC3473].  With the presented extensions the restarting node can
recover all previously transmitted Path state including the ERO and
the downstream (outgoing) interface identifiers.  The extensions can
also be used to recover signaling state after the restart of an
ingress node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-aruns-ccamp-rsvp-restart-ext-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.