Subject: RFC 3685 on SIEVE Email Filtering: Spamtest and VirusTest Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:49:51 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3685

        Title:      SIEVE Email Filtering: Spamtest and VirusTest
                    Extensions
        Author(s):  C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17436
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-daboo-sieve-spamtest-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3685.txt

The SIEVE mail filtering language "spamtest" and "virustest"
extensions permit users to use simple, portable commands for spam
and virus tests on email messages.  Each extension provides a new
test using matches against numeric 'scores'.  It is the
responsibility of the underlying SIEVE implementation to do the
actual checks that result in values returned by the tests.  

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.