Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:42:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Service Authentication Architecture Using Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key
	Author(s)	: H. Ohnishi
	Filename	: draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
In a public wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) access service using
Mobile IP, network elements, such as access points, access routers,
home agents and mobility anchor points, are required to authenticate
the user to prevent unauthorized usage. Therefore, a mobile node
needs to execute the authentication process many times to use the
Mobile IP function. It will increase the connection delay. The
connection delay can be reduced by using a preshared key as an
authentication method. But it is necessary to share the symmetric
secret key between network element (NE) and mobile node (MN) in
advance. It is impossible for the MN to configure the key of all
network elements in advance.
In this document we discuss a secure access architecture using an
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) key as a shared key between
NEs and an MN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yanagiya-eap-saa-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.