Subject: RFC 3703 on Policy Core Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Schema

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:49:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3703

        Title:      Policy Core Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
                    (LDAP) Schema
        Author(s):  J. Strassner, B. Moore, R. Moats, E. Ellesson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      61
        Characters: 142983
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-16.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3703.txt

This document defines a mapping of the Policy Core Information Model
to a form that can be implemented in a directory that uses Lightweight
Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) as its access protocol.  This model
defines two hierarchies of object classes: structural classes
representing information for representing and controlling policy data
as specified in RFC 3060, and relationship classes that indicate how
instances of the structural classes are related to each other.
Classes are also added to the LDAP schema to improve the performance
of a client's interactions with an LDAP server when the client is
retrieving large amounts of policy-related information.  These classes
exist only to optimize LDAP retrievals: there are no classes in the
information model that correspond to them.

This document is a product of the Policy Framework Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.