Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhao-slp-attr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:34:54 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Enabling Global Service Attributes in the Service Location Protocol
	Author(s)	: W. Zhao, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-zhao-slp-attr-03.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-2-16
	
This document describes enabling global service attributes in the
Service Location Protocol (SLP). A global service attribute describes
a service property common to all service types. Its name begins with
the 'service-' prefix. It is defined via an attribute template, and
can be imported into any service template. A single Service Request
(SrvRqst) message can use global service attributes to search
services across multiple service types. Global service attributes can
be associated with certain special characteristics so as to support
advanced discovery scenarios, such as URL changes, multi-access-point
services, multi-function devices and replicated services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zhao-slp-attr-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhao-slp-attr-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhao-slp-attr-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.