Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Key reuse in Secure MIME for the Session Initiation Protocol(SIP)
	Author(s)	: K. Ono
	Filename	: draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
SIP uses Secure MIME (S/MIME) Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
   EnvelopedData to protect SIP messages for confidentiality. While SIP
   can be encrypted with different keying materials for each message, it
   usually requires a public key operation for each message and the
   computational cost of such operations are relatively expensive. This
   draft proposes a method of bidirectional key exchange to reuse keying
   materials for S/MIME-secured messages in a dialog and use a symmetric
   key mechanism instead of an asymmetric key mechanism such as a public
   key operation. The proposed mechanism also achieves the sharing of
   keying material among multiple entities in a simple way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ono-sipping-smime-keyreuse-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.