Subject: RFC 3690 on IP Telephony Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication Service (ETS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:53:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3690

        Title:      IP Telephony Requirements for
                    Emergency Telecommunication Service (ETS)
        Author(s):  K. Carlberg, R. Atkinson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13919
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ieprep-ets-telephony-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3690.txt

This document presents a list of requirements in support of Emergency
Telecommunications Service (ETS) within the context of IP
telephony.  It is an extension to the general requirements presented
in RFC 3689.  Solutions to these requirements are not presented in
this document.

This document is a product of the Internet Emergency Preparedness
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.