Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:06:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
	Author(s)	: S. Thomson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
   autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6. The autoconfiguration
   process includes creating a link-local address and verifying its
   uniqueness on a link, determining what information should be
   autoconfigured (addresses, other information, or both), and in the
   case of addresses, whether they should be obtained through the
   stateless mechanism, the stateful mechanism, or both.  This document
   defines the process for generating a link-local address, the process
   for generating global addresses via stateless address
   autoconfiguration, and the Duplicate Address Detection procedure. The
   details of autoconfiguration using the stateful protocol are
   specified elsewhere.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.