Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-dc-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:44:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Detecting Inactive Neighbors over OSPF Demand Circuits
	Author(s)	: S. Rao, A. Zinin, A. Roy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-dc-07.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 2004-2-5
	
OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in IP
   networks. OSPF behavior over demand circuits is optimized in RFC1793
   to minimize the amount of overhead traffic. A part of OSPF demand
   circuit extensions is the Hello suppression mechanism. This technique
   allows a demand circuit to go down when no interesting traffic is
   going through the link. However, it also introduces a problem, where
   it becomes impossible to detect a OSPF-inactive neighbor over such a
   link. This memo introduces a new mechanism called

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-dc-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-dc-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-dc-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.