Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-email-i18n-message-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:47:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The MIME Message/i18n Media Type
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-email-i18n-message-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-2-3
	
Efforts to design an internationalization model for electronic mail
   frequently encounter situations in which an internationalized message
   -- perhaps one containing some headers with characters coded in UTF-8
   -- must be converted and transported over a traditional, 7-bit
   infrastructure.  This document provides a specification, building on
   the design of message/rfc822, for encapsulating messages with
   internationalized headers and/or body part content types.

   This specification is one of a group intended to provide a modified
   and extended email environment for fully internationalized email.
   If approved, it is expected to update the discussion of 'message/'
   content types in RFC 2046.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-email-i18n-message-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-email-i18n-message-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-email-i18n-message-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.