Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vainshtein-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:08:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Control Protocol Extensions for Setup of TDM Pseudowires
	Author(s)	: S. Vainshtein
	Filename	: draft-vainshtein-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-2-9
	
This document defines extension to the PWE3 control protocol [PWE3-
CONTROL] and PWE3 IANA allocations [PWE3-IANA] required for setup of
TDM pseudowires.

Structure-agnostic TDM pseudowires have been specified in [PWE3-SAToP]
and structure-aware ones in [PWE3-CESoPSN] and [PWE3-TDMoIP].

[PWE3-CONTROL] defines extensions of LDP [RFC3036] that are required to
exchange PW labels for PWs emulating various Layer 2 services
(Ethernet, FR, ATM, HDLC etc.). Setup of TDM PWs requires both
interpretation of the existing information elements of these extensions
and exchange of additional information.

Setup of TDM PWs using L2TPv3 will be defined in a separate document.

Status of attachment circuits of TDM PWs can be exchanged between the
terminating PEs using the mechanism defined in [PWE3-CONTROL] and
[SHAH-PWE3-CONTROL-EXT] without any changes. However, usage of these
mechanisms with TDM PWs is NOT RECOMMENDED since indication of status
of the TDM attachment circuits is carried in-band in the data plane.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vainshtein-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-vainshtein-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vainshtein-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.