Subject: BCP 79, RFC 3668 on Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:16:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 79
        RFC 3668

        Title:      Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology
        Author(s):  S. Bradner
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41365
        SeeAlso:    BCP 79

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3668.txt

The IETF policies about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), such as
patent rights, relative to technologies developed in the IETF are
designed to ensure that IETF working groups and participants have as
much information about any IPR constraints on a technical proposal as
possible.  The policies are also intended to benefit the Internet
community and the public at large, while respecting the legitimate
rights of IPR holders.  This memo details the IETF policies concerning
IPR related to technology worked on within the IETF.  It also
describes the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This
memo updates RFC 2026 and, with RFC 3667, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026.  This memo also updates paragraph 4 of Section 3.2 of RFC 2028,
for all purposes, including reference [2] in RFC 2418.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working
Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.