Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:35:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Extended RSVP-TE for Point-to-Multipoint LSP Tunnels
	Author(s)	: S. Yasukawa, A. Kullberg
	Filename	: draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-04.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2004-2-16
	
This document describes a solution for point-to-multipoint (P2MP)
   Traffic Engineering (TE) which extends 'RSVP-TE: Extensions to RSVP
   for LSP Tunnels', RFC 3209, and 'Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
   Switching (GMPLS) Signaling Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic
   Engineering (RSVP-TE) Extensions', RFC 3473, to support P2MP TE LSPs.
   A P2MP TE LSP is established by setting up multiple standard point-
   to-point (P2P) TE LSPs from a sender node and all the downstream
   branch nodes along the P2P TE LSP to one of the leaf nodes of the
   P2MP TE LSP.  A branched LSP is associated with original trunk LSP by
   newly defined Association object so that the P2MP LSP tunnel is
   established over the P2MP path. Because only a single standard LSP
   will be present on any given link along the P2MP LSP, the defined
   approach realizes maximum compatibility with existing
   implementations. The solution supports standard tree operations:
   setup, graft/join, and prune/leave.  As the (G)MPLS signaling is
   used, the P2MP TE LSP can be built using any switching technology
   supported by GMPLS. This includes non-packet technologies.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yasukawa-mpls-rsvp-p2mp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.