Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jeong-manet-dns-service-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:48:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNS Service for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
	Author(s)	: J. Jeong
	Filename	: draft-jeong-manet-dns-service-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This document specifies an architecture of DNS service system for 
   mobile ad hoc network which might be connected to the Internet.  The 
   resolution of DNS names of mobile nodes within mobile ad hoc network 
   is performed by multicast DNS and that of DNS names of nodes in the 
   Internet is performed through DNS autoconfiguration of recursive DNS 
   server.  In the former, each mobile node plays a role of DNS name 
   server for the DNS resource records associated with DNS name of which 
   authority it has.  The latter allows mobile node to receive the 
   global Internet service, such as web service, by providing global DNS 
   resolution in mobile ad hoc network connected to the Internet.  These 
   two kinds of DNS name resolution are processed automatically without 
   the intervention of users in mobile ad hoc network.  Also, this 
   document specifies how to authenticate DNS message as well as how to 
   provide ad hoc users with service discovery based on multicast DNS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-dns-service-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jeong-manet-dns-service-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jeong-manet-dns-service-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.