Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raggarwa-mpls-p2mp-te-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:56:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Establishing Point to Multipoint MPLS TE LSPs
	Author(s)	: R. Aggarwal
	Filename	: draft-raggarwa-mpls-p2mp-te-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
This document describes a solution for point to multipoint (P2MP) 
Traffic Engineering (TE). The objective is to optimize packet 
replication and minimize state and intelligence in the core of the 
network, while performing P2MP TE. The solution relies on RSVP-TE 
in the core of the network. It is based on setting up a P2MP LSP by 
merging P2P LSPs in the network. The setup of P2P LSPs is source
intiated. Simple enhancements are made to RSVP-TE to facilitate the set
up of a P2MP TE LSP. There is no need to run a multicast routing 
protocol in the network core. There can be various applications for 
P2MP TE LSPs such as multicast. Specification of how such applications 
will use a P2MP LSP is outside the scope of this document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-mpls-p2mp-te-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-raggarwa-mpls-p2mp-te-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-mpls-p2mp-te-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.