Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hares-bgp-assign-afisafi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:47:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: BGP Assign AFI/SAFI numbers
	Author(s)	: S. Hares
	Filename	: draft-hares-bgp-assign-afisafi-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This document describes mechanisms for assigning the AFI/SAFI 
      values for short-term use while BGP specifications are under 
      development.   
       
      These short-term AFI/SAFI values will be assigned for temporary 
      use to a particular enterprise while BGP specifications are under 
      development. After 1 year, if the BGP specification has been 
      adopted as an IDR draft, the lease will be renewed.  If the draft 
      has not be adopted, the AFI/SAFI value returns to the pool of 
      Enterprise AFI/SAFI.  This draft a means to assign these short-
      term AFI/SAFI values.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hares-bgp-assign-afisafi-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hares-bgp-assign-afisafi-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hares-bgp-assign-afisafi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.