Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-forces-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:31:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ForCES Forwarding Element Functional Model
	Author(s)	: L. Yang
	Filename	: draft-ietf-forces-model-02.txt
	Pages		: 101
	Date		: 2004-2-17
	
This document defines the forwarding element (FE) model used in the 
Forwarding and Control Plane Separation (ForCES) protocol.  The 
model represents the capabilities, state and configuration of 
forwarding elements within the context of the ForCES protocol, so 
that control elements (CEs) can control the FEs accordingly.  More 
specifically, the model describes the logical functions that are 
present in an FE, what capabilities these functions support, and 
how these functions are or can be interconnected. This FE model is 
intended to satisfy the model requirements specified in the ForCES 
requirements draft [1].  A list of the basic logical functional 
blocks (LFBs) is also defined in the LFB class library to aid the 
effort in defining individual LFBs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-model-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-forces-model-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-forces-model-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.