Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bagnulo-multi6-mhtb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:01:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multi-Homing Tunnel Broker (MHTB)
	Author(s)	: M. Bagnulo
	Filename	: draft-bagnulo-multi6-mhtb-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-2-2
	
RFC 3178 [1] describes a solution to provide site multi-homing
support in IPv6. RFC 3178 multi-homing solution uses tunnels between
the different ISPs and the multi-homed site to provide alternative
paths in case that one of the exit links is down, protecting the
multi-homed site from outages in the direct link with its providers.

However, the wide adoption of RFC 3178 multi-homing solution implies
the manual configuration of numerous tunnels on the ISPs, which may
impose an important workload in ISP network administrators. This note
proposes the usage of Multi-Homing Tunnel Brokers to automatically
configure the ISP tunnel endpoint in order to ease the adoption of
the solution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-multi6-mhtb-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bagnulo-multi6-mhtb-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-multi6-mhtb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.