Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-ulp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:33:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An RTP Payload Format for Generic FEC
	Author(s)	: A. Li
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-ulp-09.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
This document specifies a payload format for generic Forward
   Error Correction (FEC) for media data encapsulated in RTP. It is
   based on the exclusive-or (parity) operation, and it is a
   generalized algorithms that includes Uneven Level Protection
   (ULP). The payload format described in this draft allows end
   systems to apply protection using arbitrary protection lengths
   and levels, in addition to using arbitrary protection group
   sizes. It enables complete recovery or partial recovery of the
   critical payload and RTP header fields depending on the packet
   loss situation. This scheme is completely backward compatible
   with non-FEC capable hosts. Those receivers that do not know
   about FEC can simply ignore the protection data. This draft will
   obsolete RFC 2733 and RFC 3009.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-09.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-ulp-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-ulp-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.