Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-sassaman-mixmaster-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:43:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mixmaster Protocol Version 2
	Author(s)	: U. Moeller
	Filename	: draft-sassaman-mixmaster-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-2-5
	
Most e-mail security protocols only protect the message body, leaving
useful information such as the the identities of the conversing
parties, sizes of messages and frequency of message exchange open to
adversaries. This document describes Mixmaster (version 2), a mail
transfer protocol designed to protect electronic mail against traffic
analysis.

Mixmaster is based on D. Chaum's mix-net protocol.
A mix (remailer) is a service that forwards messages, using public key
cryptography to hide the correlation between its inputs and outputs.
Sending messages through sequences of remailers achieves anonymity and
unobservability of communications against a powerful adversary.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sassaman-mixmaster-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-sassaman-mixmaster-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sassaman-mixmaster-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.