Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:40:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Password Policy for LDAP Directories
	Author(s)	: P. Behera, L. Poitou, J. Sermersheim
	Filename	: draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
Password policy as described in this document is a set of rules that
controls how passwords are used and administered in LDAP
directories. In order to improve the security of LDAP directories
and make it difficult for password cracking programs to break into
directories, it is desirable to enforce a set of rules on password
usage.  These rules are made to ensure that users change their
passwords periodically, passwords meet construction requirements,
the re-use of old password is restricted, and users are locked out
after a certain number of failed attempts.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.