Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:31:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Weak Identifier Multihoming Protocol (WIMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Ylitalo
	Filename	: draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt
	Pages		: 54
	Date		: 2004-2-13
	
This draft defines a Weak Identifier Multihoming Protocol (WIMP) for
   IPv6 hosts. WIMP uses a new logical layer between networking and
   transport layers that separates the end-point identifier and locator
   roles from each other.  The identifiers are used to name the
   end-points, while IPv6 addresses are used for routing purposes. WIMP
   is based on opportunistic security principles, and it does not
   require any pre-configured security infrastructure. The protocol
   consists of context establishment and re-addressing exchanges.  The
   context establishment exchange creates a state for both hosts.  The
   re-addressing exchange is used to update locator information at the
   peer host. Used cryptographic operations are light and efficient.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.