Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bhandarkar-ltcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: LTCP: A Layering Technique for Improving the Performance of TCP in Highspeed Networks
	Author(s)	: S. Bhandarkar
	Filename	: draft-bhandarkar-ltcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
This document proposes LTCP, a simple layering technique for the
   congestion window response of TCP to make it more scalable in
   highspeed networks. LTCP uses two dimensional congestion control: at
   the macroscopic level, the layers are added/dropped based on dynamic
   network conditions and at the microscopic level, the congestion
   window behavior is defined for operating at any given layer. This
   document provides the architecture, one possible design choice,
   analysis and some preliminary results based on ns-2 simulations. The
   results indicate that LTCP has promising convergence properties, is
   about an order of magnitude faster than TCP in utilizing high
   bandwidth links and can be made to operate with smaller window
   fluctuations than normal TCP. LTCP employs few parameters and is easy
   to understand and implement. As such, this document is an effort to
   solicit more experimentation and feedback from the broader networking
   community.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhandarkar-ltcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bhandarkar-ltcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bhandarkar-ltcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.