Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wijnands-mt-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:59:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: MT Tunnel Discovery and RPF check
	Author(s)	: G. Nalawade
	Filename	: draft-wijnands-mt-discovery-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 2004-2-10
	
Multicast Tunnels  are  built  between  Provider  Edge  (PE) routers
   to  allow multicast communication between different site's of a VPN.
   The MT tunnel has a destination  MDT  group address  that  is unique
   to the VPN. All routers that act as PE's and are configured for a
   specific VPN join the VPN  MDT multicast  group  in the backbone of
   the provider network to be able to receive each others packets. Each
   router is  also a  sender  to  the  MDT group. How the forwarding of
   the MDT packets is achieved is depending on the PIM mode of the  MDT
   group.  This can be either PIM-Bidir, PIM-SM or PIM SSM. The proposal
   in this document is related specifically to PIM SSM mode.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mt-discovery-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wijnands-mt-discovery-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wijnands-mt-discovery-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.