Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-lmm-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:50:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Localized Mobility Management Goals
	Author(s)	: C. Williams
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-lmm-requirements-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-2-3
	
This document describes goals for Localized Mobility Management (LMM)
   for IP layer mobility, such Mobile IP and Mobile IPv6.  These goals
   are intended to guide the design of a protocol specification for LMM.
   Localized Mobility Management, in general, introduces enhancements to
   IP layer mobility protocols to reduce the amount of latency in IP
   layer mobility management messages exchanged between a Mobile Node
   (MN) and its peer entities. In addition, LMM seeks to reduce the
   amount of signaling over the global Internet when a mobile node
   traverses within a defined local domain.  The identified goals are
   essential for localized mobility management functionality. They are
   intended to be used as a guide for analysis on the observed benefits
   over the identified goals for architecting and deploying LMM schemes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-lmm-requirements-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mipshop-lmm-requirements-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-lmm-requirements-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.