Subject: WG Action: Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:05:29 -0500

A new IETF working group has been formed in the Routing Area.  
For additional information, please contact the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

Routing Area Working Group (rtgwg)
----------------------------------

 Current Status: Active Working Group

 Chair(s):
     Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
     Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>

 Routing Area Director(s):
     Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
     Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>

 Routing Area Advisor:
     Alex Zinin <[email-masked]>

 Mailing Lists:
     General Discussion: [email-masked]
     To Subscribe: [email-masked]
     In Body: subscribe email_address
     Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/rtgwg/

 Description of Working Group:

 The Routing area receives occasional proposals for the development and
 publication of RFCs dealing with routing topics, but for which the
 required work does not rise to the level where a new working group is
 justified, yet the topic does not fit with an existing working group,
 and a single BOF would not provide the time to ensure a mature
 proposal. The rtgwg will serve as the forum for developing these types
 of proposals.

 The rtgwg mailing list will be used to discuss the proposals as they
 arise. The working group will meet if there are one or more active
 proposals that require discussion.

 The working group milestones will be updated as needed to reflect the
 proposals currently being worked on and the target dates for their
 completion. New milestones will be first reviewed by the IESG. The
 working group will be on-going as long as the ADs believe it serves a
 useful purpose.

 Goals and Milestones:

   Mar 2004 Submit draft on calculation of IGP routes over TE tunnels
                         to IESG for publication as Informational RFC