Subject: Protocol Action: 'ASN.1 Module Definition for the LDAP & X.500 Component Matching Rules' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:35:11 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ASN.1 Module Definition for the LDAP & X.500 Component Matching Rules '
   <draft-legg-ldap-cmr-module-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
 This document updates the specification of the component matching
  rules for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and X.500
  directories by collecting the Abstract Syntax Notation One (ASN.1) 
definitions of
  the component matching rules into an appropriately identified ASN.1
  module.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document was produced by an individual submitter, so there was
no working group discussion; it is in line with previous working group
and individual submissions on this topic.  The Rapporteur of the ISO
work group on X.500, Hoyt L. Kesterson II, has confirmed that this
document is consonant with their standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Ted Hardie reviewed this document for the IESG.