Subject: RFC 3694 on Threat Analysis of the Geopriv Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:52:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3694

        Title:      Threat Analysis of the Geopriv Protocol
        Author(s):  M. Danley, D. Mulligan, J. Morris, J. Peterson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 44364
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-threat-analysis-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3694.txt

This document provides some analysis of threats against the Geopriv
protocol architecture.  It focuses on protocol threats, threats that
result from the storage of data by entities in the architecture, and
threats posed by the abuse of information yielded by Geopriv.  Some
security properties that meet these threats are enumerated as a
reference for Geopriv requirements.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.