Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:06:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP with MPLS
	Author(s)	: Y. Rekhter, R. Aggarwal
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2004-2-2
	
A mechanism for BGP that would help minimize the negative effects on
   routing caused by BGP restart is described in 'Graceful Restart
   Mechanism for BGP' (see [1]). This document extends this mechanism to
   also minimize the negative effects on MPLS forwarding caused by the
   Label Switching Router's (LSR's) control plane restart, and
   specifically by the restart of its BGP component when BGP is used to
   carry MPLS labels and the LSR is capable of preserving the MPLS
   forwarding state across the restart.

   The mechanism described in this document is agnostic with respect to
   the types of the addresses carried in the BGP Network Layer
   Reachability Information (NLRI) field. As such it works in
   conjunction with any of the address famililies that could be carried
   in BGP (e.g., IPv4, IPv6, etc...)

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.