Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:41:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Registration of Internationalized Domain Names: Overview and Method
	Author(s)	: J. Klensin
	Filename	: draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-02.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
IETF has introduced standards-track mechanisms to enable the use of
   'internationalized, i.e., non-ASCII, names in the DNS and
   applications that use it.  This has led, in turn, to concerns that
   characters with similar meanings or appearance could cause user
   confusion and opportunities for deliberate deception and fraud.  Part
   of this problem can be addressed by limiting, on a per-zone (or
   per-registry) basis, the specific characters that can be used to be a
   subset of the list allowed by the standard and by creating
   'reservations' of labels that might create confusion with those that
   are permitted.  The model for doing this for languages that use
   characters that originated with Chinese has been extensively
   developed in another document.  This document discusses some of the
   issues in that design and relates them to considerations and
   mechanisms that might be appropriate for other languages and scripts,
   especially those involving alphabetic characters.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-klensin-reg-guidelines-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.