Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:35:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Label Switching Router Self-Test
	Author(s)	: G. Swallow, K. Kompella, D. Tappan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-02.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-2-17
	
This document defines a means of self test for a Label-Switching
Router (LSR) to verify that its dataplane is functioning for
certain key Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) applications
including unicast forwarding based on LDP [LDP] and traffic
engineering tunnels based on [RSVP-TE].  A new Loopback FEC type
is defined to allow an upstream neighbor to assist in the testing
at very low cost.  MPLS Echo Request and MPLS Echo Reply messages
[LSP-Ping] messages are extended to do the actually probing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-self-test-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.