Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:49:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Host-Centric IPv6 Multihoming
	Author(s)	: C. Huitema, R. Draves
	Filename	: draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-03.txt
	Pages		: 55
	Date		: 2004-2-11
	
A way to solve the issue of site multihoming is to have a separate
site prefix for each connection of the site, and to derive as many
addresses for each hosts. This approach to multi-homing, which we
call Host-Centric IPv6 Multihoming, has the advantage of minimal
impact on the inter-domain routing fabric, since each site prefix can
be aggregated within the larger prefix of a specific provider;
however, it opens a number of issues, which we will discuss in this
memo, including the problem created by the interaction between
ingress filtering and multihoming, which we analyze in detail. We
then propose a set of specific solutions that enable host centric
multihoming, and we review how these solutions meet the requirements
of IPv6 site multihoming.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-huitema-multi6-hosts-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.