Subject: Document Action: 'The application/pdf Media Type' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:57:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The application/pdf Media Type '
   <draft-zilles-pdf-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
   PDF, the 'Portable Document Format', is a general document
   representation language that has been in use for document exchange on
   the Internet since 1993. This document provides an overview of the
   PDF format, explains the mechanisms for digital signatures and
   encryption within PDF files, and updates the media type registration
   of 'application/pdf'.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was discussed on the ietf-types mailing list but is 
   not the product of an IETF working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Ned Freed and Scott Hollenbeck reviewed the specification for the IESG.

RFC Editor note:

   The "References" section needs to be renamed to the
   "Normative References" section.