Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-arkko-map-doi-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:44:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Mobile Application Part SECurity (MAPSEC) Domain 
			  of Interpretation (DOI) for the Internet Security 
			  Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP)
	Author(s)	: J. Arkko, R. Blom
	Filename	: draft-arkko-map-doi-08.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2004-3-23
	
The Mobile Application Part (MAP) protocol is a signaling protocol
for cellular networks. The MAP Security (MAPSEC) protocol provides
a secure way to transport MAP messages. To use MAPSEC, however,
Security Associations (SAs) are needed. This document defines how
such SAs can be created automatically. We use the Internet
Security Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP) as a
framework for managing SAs and establishing keys. The framework
can be specialized to a particular task. Such a specialization is
called a Domain of Interpretation (DOI), and this document defines
the MAPSEC DOI. This specialization is very similar to the
Internet Key Exchange protocol and the ISAKMP specialization for
IP Security, except that non-IP protocols are being negotiated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-arkko-map-doi-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-arkko-map-doi-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.