Subject: Protocol Action: 'PPP Vendor Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:08:28 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PPP Vendor Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-pppext-vendor-protocol-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary
 
The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) defines a Link Control Protocol
(LCP) and a method for negotiating the use of multi-protocol traffic
over point-to-point links.  PPP Vendor Extensions (RFC 2153) added
vendor-specific general-purpose Configuration Option and Code numbers.
This document extends these features to cover vendor-specific Network,
Authentication, and Control Protocols.
 
Working Group Summary
 
There was strong WG support for this document. It completes the work
that was done in RFC 2153.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.