Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:22:59 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Secure and Dynamic Allocation of Home Address for MIPv6
	Author(s)	: M. Khalil, H. Akhtar, A. Patel, K. Leung
	Filename	: draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2004-3-2
	
Static configuration of the MN's (Mobile Node) home address 
is a very cumbersome task and a provisioning nightmare for 
the Service Providers. With millions of subscribers, a 
typical Service Provider stands to incur considerable 
expenses in order to manually configure all of its MN's 
home address. 

The ability to dynamically and securely allocate MN's 
home address, therefore, can immensely aid in providing 
a cost-effective and efficient device management 
alternative to the Service Providers. 

This draft provides a simple method for dynamically 
allocating MN's home address in a secure manner.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mkhalil-mipv6-alloc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.