Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:18:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: EAP shared key methods documentation template
	Author(s)	: F. Bersani
	Filename	: draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2004-3-11
	
This document proposes a template for authors of EAP methods that 
   rely on shared keys, to document their work. 
   Since EAP methods have proliferated but only 4 are currently 
   standardized and since no simple shared key EAP method seems to be 
   widely available to replace EAP-MD5 that has been deprecated for 
   security reasons, this template is the first step towards 
   standardizing such an EAP method. 
   This document is indeed intended to help gather information on the 
   existing related work before requesting that a new work item be 
   opened at IETF to standardize a replacement for EAP-MD5.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-sharedkeymethods-doctemplate-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.