Subject: RFC 3716 on The IETF in the Large: Administration and Execution

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:16:55 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3716

        Title:      The IETF in the Large:
                    Administration and Execution
        Author(s):  IAB Advisory Committee
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 91326
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-advcomm-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3716.txt

In the fall of 2003, the IETF Chair and the IAB Chair formed an IAB
Advisory Committee (AdvComm), with a mandate to review the existing
IETF administrative structure and relationships (RFC Editor, IETF
Secretariat, IANA) and to propose changes to the IETF management
process or structure to improve the overall functioning of the IETF.
The AdvComm mandate did not include the standards process itself.

This memo documents the AdvComm's findings and proposals.

This document is a product of the IAB.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.