Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosen-l2vpn-mesh-failure-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:18:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Detecting and Reacting to Failures of the Full Mesh in IPLS and VPLS
	Author(s)	: E. Rosen
	Filename	: draft-rosen-l2vpn-mesh-failure-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-3-11
	
Certain L2VPN architectures [IPLS, VPLS] rely on there being a full
mesh of pseudowires [PWE3-ARCH] among a set of entities.  This mesh
is used to provide a 'LAN-like' service among the entities.  If one
or more of these pseudowires is absent, so that there is not really a
full mesh, various higher layers (from routing to bridge control
protocols) that expect a LAN-like service may fail to work as
expected.  Therefore it is desirable to have procedures that enable
the pseudowire endpoints to determine automatically whether there is
really a full mesh or not.  It is also desirable to have procedures
that cause the L2VPNs to adapt to pseudowire failures.  This document
proposes a set of procedures to meet these goals.  Detailed protocol
encodings are not present, but will be added in future versions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosen-l2vpn-mesh-failure-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosen-l2vpn-mesh-failure-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosen-l2vpn-mesh-failure-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.