Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:44:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: High-Level Requirements for Internet Voice Mail
	Author(s)	: E. Candell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 2004-3-22
	
This document describes the high-level requirements for Internet
Voice Mail (IVM) and establishes a baseline of desired functionality
against which proposed MIME profiles for Internet Voice Messaging
can be judged. IVM is an extension of the Voice Profile for Internet
Mail (VPIM) version 2 [VPIM2] designed to support interoperability
with desktop clients. Other goals for this version of VPIM include
expanded interoperability with unified messaging systems,
conformance to Internet standards, and backward compatibility with
voice messaging systems currently running in a VPIM enabled
environment. This document does not include goals that were met
fully by VPIM version 2 [VPIM2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.