Subject: Document Action: 'Remote Service Discovery in the Service Location Protocol via DNS SRV' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:26:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Remote Service Discovery in the Service Location Protocol via DNS SRV '
   <draft-zhao-slp-remote-da-discovery-06.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
   
This document describes how to find Directory Agents (DAs) and
Service Agents (SAs) in the Service Location Protocol (SLP) at remote
DNS domains via DNS SRV. It defines the SLP service and the DNS SRV
Resource Record for the SLP service, describes the usage of Gateway
DAs, and gives the steps for a User Agent to discover desired
services in remote DNS domains.
   
Working Group Summary
   
This document is not the product of an IETF WG. However, it has been
reviewed (and modified) in response to comments from Thomas Narten &
Erik Guttman (a former SLP chair) prior to being last called. No
comments were received during the Last Call.
   
Protocol Quality
   
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.