Subject: RFC 3717 on IP over Optical Networks: A Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:32:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3717

        Title:      IP over Optical Networks: A Framework
        Author(s):  B. Rajagopalan, J. Luciani, D. Awduche
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 124421
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipo-framework-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3717.txt

The Internet transport infrastructure is moving towards a model of
high-speed routers interconnected by optical core networks.  The
architectural choices for the interaction between IP and optical
network layers, specifically, the routing and signaling aspects, are
maturing.  At the same time, a consensus has emerged in the industry
on utilizing IP-based protocols for the optical control plane.  This
document defines a framework for IP over Optical networks,
considering both the IP-based control plane for optical networks as
well as IP-optical network interactions (together referred to as "IP
over optical networks").

This document is a product of the IP over Optical Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.