Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:43:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Encoding of Attributes for  Multiprotocol Label 
			  Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) 
			  Establishment Using RSVP-TE
	Author(s)	: A. Farrel, D. Papadimitriou, J. Vasseur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2004-3-22
	
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may
be established using the Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic
Engineering extensions (RSVP-TE). This protocol includes an object
(the SESSION_ATTRIBUTE object) which carries a flags field used to
indicate options and attributes of the LSP. That flags field has
eight bits allowing for eight options to be set. Recent proposals in
many documents that extend RSVP-TE have suggested uses for each of
the previously unused bits.

This document defines a new object for RSVP-TE messages that allows
the signaling of further attribute bits and also the carriage of
arbitrary attribute parameters to make RSVP-TE easily extensible to
support new requirements. Additionally, this document defines a way
to record the attributes applied to the LSP on a hop-by-hop basis.

The object mechanisms defined in this document are equally applicable
to Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Packet Switch Capable (PSC) LSPs and to
GMPLS non-PSC LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.