Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-malamud-diarruca-concerns-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:37:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Addressing FTC DIARRUCA Concerns
	Author(s)	: C. Malamud
	Filename	: draft-malamud-diarruca-concerns-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-3-25
	
The U.S. Congress, having hit a home run with the do-not-call list,
   has decided that since computers are like telephones, a do-not-email
   list ought to win them the pennant.  You have an opportunity to block
   that metaphor.  The FTC has issued an Advanced Notice of Proposed
   Rulemaking and has given the public until March 31, 2004 to respond.
   This document tells you how and explains the issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malamud-diarruca-concerns-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-malamud-diarruca-concerns-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-malamud-diarruca-concerns-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.