Subject: RFC 3739 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Qualified Certificates Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:55:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3739

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure:
                    Qualified Certificates Profile
        Author(s):  S. Santesson, M. Nystrom, T. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 67436
        Obsoletes:  3039

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-sonof3039-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3739.txt

This document forms a certificate profile, based on RFC 3280, for
identity certificates issued to natural persons.

The profile defines specific conventions for certificates that are
qualified within a defined legal framework, named Qualified
Certificates.  However, the profile does not define any legal
requirements for such Qualified Certificates.

The goal of this document is to define a certificate profile that
supports the issuance of Qualified Certificates independent of local
legal requirements.  The profile is however not limited to Qualified
Certificates and further profiling may facilitate specific local
needs.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.