Subject: Protocol Action: 'Management Information Base for Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:24:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) '
   <draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Telephony Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary

This memo defines a portion of the MIB (Management Information Base) module 
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community. In 
particular, it describes a set of managed objects that are used to manage fo
TRIP (Telephony Routing over IP) devices. TRIP, which is modeled on BGP-4, i
a protocol for advertising application-layer routes for particular telephone 
numbers (for example, those leading to gateways or other devices). The 
telephony routing devices required for the use of TRIP have significant 
management needs.

Working Group Summary

The IPTEL WG strongly supports this document, which has undergone 
considerable refinement in the last year.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen, Dan Romascanu, and 
Jon Peterson.

RFC Editor Note:

- On page 4
    OLD:
        TRIP-TC DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
    NEW:
        TRIP-TC-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

- On page 8
    OLD:
       TripSendReceiveMode
           FROM TRIP-TC;
    NEW:
       TripSendReceiveMode
           FROM TRIP-TC-MIB;