Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bersani-eap-psk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:56:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The EAP PSK Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Bersani
	Filename	: draft-bersani-eap-psk-01.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 2004-3-9
	
This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) 
   method for authentication and session key derivation using a pre-
   shared key (PSK). This PSK is used by a unique underlying 
   cryptographic primitive, a block cipher, which is instantiated with 
   AES-128. 
   EAP-PSK performs mutual authentication and session key derivation. It 
   provides identity protection and shall provide fast reconnect in 
   future versions. It provides a secure communication channel within 
   EAP in case the authentication is successful. This secure channel can 
   be used to allow for instance protected result indications. 
   EAP-PSK is designed to be itself extensible. 
   EAP-PSK is intended to be easy to deploy and well-suited for 
   authentication over insecure networks such as IEEE 802.11.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-psk-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bersani-eap-psk-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-psk-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.