Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using an LSA Options Bit to Prevent Looping in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:31:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using an LSA Options Bit to Prevent Looping in BGP/MPLS IP VPNs '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-2547-dnbit-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
 The mechanism described in the document prevents loops of routing 
 information when OSPF is used as a PE-CE protocol in 2547-based VPN
 scenarios and a backdoor link between sites is present in the customer
 network.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The document has been discussed in the OSPF WG and reflects the
 discussion. It has passed the WG LC. The WG had consensus that this
 document should be progressed.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The specification has been reviewed for IESG by Alex Zinin.