Subject: Protocol Action: 'Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:16:00 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5 '
   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kerberos WG Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document describes a framework for defining encryption and
  checksum mechanisms for use with the Kerberos protocol, defining an
  abstraction layer between the Kerberos protocol and related protocols,
  and the actual mechanisms themselves.  Several mechanisms are also
  defined in this document.  Some are taken from RFC 1510, modified in
  form to fit this new framework, and occasionally modified in content
  when the old specification was incorrect.  New mechanisms are
  presented here as well.

Working Group Summary

  The KRB-WG Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.