Subject: Protocol Action: 'A No Soliciting SMTP Service Extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:08:14 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A No Soliciting SMTP Service Extension '
   <draft-malamud-no-soliciting-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary
 
   This Internet-Draft proposes an extension to SMTP for an electronic
   mail equivalent to the real-world "No Soliciting" sign. In addition
   to the service extension, a new message header and extensions to the
   existing "received" message header are described.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was reviewed on and received substantial feedback from
   the [email-masked] mailing list. It is not, however, the product
   of an IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality
 
   Ned Freed reviwed the specification for the IESG.