Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-perkins-manet-mprf-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:55:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multipoint Relay Flooding for Manets
	Author(s)	: T. Clausen, P. Minet, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-perkins-manet-mprf-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2004-3-15
	
This document describes the MultiPoint Relay Flooding (MPRF) protocol
for maintenance of efficient flooding structures in mobile ad-hoc
networks.  The protocol is an adaptation of the classical flooding
algorithm, with the difference that many nodes are relieved of the
responsibility to relay flooded messages while still ensuring that
all nodes receive the messages.  The key concept used in the protocol
is that of multipoint relays (MPRs).  MPRs are selected nodes which
are the only nodes needed to forward messages during the flooding
process.  This technique substantially reduces the message overhead
as compared to the more straightforward and well-known flooding
mechanism, where every node retransmits each message just once, upon
receiving the first copy of the message. The protocol is particularly
suitable for dense networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perkins-manet-mprf-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-perkins-manet-mprf-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-perkins-manet-mprf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.