Subject: RFC 3765 on NOPEER Community for Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Route Scope Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:24:34 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3765

        Title:      NOPEER Community for Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
                    Route Scope Control
        Author(s):  G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16500
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ptomaine-nopeer-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3765.txt

This document describes the use of a scope control Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) community.  This well-known advisory transitive
community allows an origin AS to specify the extent to which a
specific route should be externally propagated.  In particular this
community, NOPEER, allows an origin AS to specify that a route with
this attribute need not be advertised across bilateral peer
connections.

This document is a product of the Prefix Taxonomy Ongoing Measurement
& Inter Network Experiment Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.