Subject: Protocol Action: 'Negotiation of NAT-Traversal in the IKE' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:25:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Negotiation of NAT-Traversal in the IKE '
   <draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document describes how to detect one or more network address
  translation devices (NATs) between IPsec hosts, and how to negotiate
  the use of UDP encapsulation of the IPsec packets through the NAT
  boxes in Internet Key Exchange (IKE) protocol.

Working Group Summary

  The IPsec Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce