Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-auth-mech-03.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:20:37 -0400

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

                              A Survey of Authentication Mechanisms

                                    draft-iab-auth-mech-03.txt

    as an Informational RFC. This document provides a survey of
    existing authentication mechanisms and their applicability
    in the design of Internet protocols.

    The IAB solicits comments by May 15, 2004. Please send
    comments to the IAB ([email-masked]), or to [email-masked].

    The document can be found at

            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-auth-mech-03.txt

        From the Abstract:

        Authentication is a common security issue for the design of Internet
        protocols. A wide variety of authentication technologies are avail-
        able. A common problem is knowing which technology to choose or which
        of a variety of essentially similar implementations of a given tech-
        nique to choose. This memo provides a survey of available mechanisms
        and guidance on selecting one for a given protocol.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce