Subject: Document Action: 'Using the Elliptic Curve Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) for XML Digital Signatures' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 14:38:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using the Elliptic Curve Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) for XML Digital 
   Signatures '
   <draft-blake-wilson-xmldsig-ecdsa-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the conventions for using the ECDSA (Elliptic
  Curve Digital Signature Algorithm) with XML Signatures. The mechanism
  specified provides integrity, message authentication, and/or signer
  authentication services for data of any type, whether located within
  the XML that includes the signature or included by reference.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  Avoid splitting URIs in first declaration of Appendix A on page 13
  across lines to avoid causing problems for XML parsers. Also update URIs
  in Appendix A to follow [Eastlake].

  OLD: 

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.buergerkarte.at/namespaces/
                                ecdsa/200206030#"
               xmlns:dsig="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#" 
               xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" 
               xmlns:ecdsa="http://www.buergerkarte.at/namespaces/
                            ecdsa/200206030#"
               elementFormDefault="qualified" 
               attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="0.3">

  NEW:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xs:schema 
      targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#"
      xmlns:ecdsa="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmldsig-more#"
      xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" 
      elementFormDefault="qualified" 
      attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
      version="0.2">

IESG Note

  This document is not a candidate for any level of Internet
  Standard.  The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this
  document for any purpose, and in particular notes that it has not
  had IETF review for such things as security, congestion control or
  inappropriate interaction with deployed protocols.  The RFC Editor
  has chosen to publish this document at its discretion.  Readers of
  this document should exercise caution in evaluating its value for
  implementation and deployment.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce