Subject: Protocol Action: 'Deprecating Site Local Addresses' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:31:22 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Deprecating Site Local Addresses '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-site-local-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

   This document describes the issues surrounding the use of IPv6 site-
   local unicast addresses in their original form, and formally
   deprecates them. This deprecation does not prevent their continued
   use until a replacement has been standardized and implemented.

Working Group Summary

   The IPv6 working group has done extensive review of this document and
   this document reflects the consensus of the group.

Protocol Quality

   This document has been reviewed by members of the [email-masked]
   mailing list and by the IPv6 WG chairs.  This document was reviewed for
   the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce