Subject: RFC 3723 on Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:02:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3723

        Title:      Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP
        Author(s):  B. Aboba, J. Tseng, J. Walker, V. Rangan,
                    F. Travostino
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      70
        Characters: 171673
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-security-19.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3723.txt

This document discusses how to secure block storage and storage
discovery protocols running over IP (Internet Protocol) using IPsec
and IKE (Internet Key Exchange).  Threat models and security protocols
are developed for iSCSI (Internet Protocol Small Computer System
Interface), iFCP (Internet Fibre Channel Storage Networking) and FCIP
(Fibre Channel over TCP/IP), as well as the iSNS (Internet Storage
Name Server) and SLPv2 (Service Location Protocol v2) discovery
protocols.  Performance issues and resource constraints are analyzed.

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.