Subject: Document Action: 'Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:37:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) '
   <draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-papi-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
  The Internet Open Trading Protocol provides a data exchange format
   for trading purposes while integrating existing pure payment
   protocols seamlessly. This motivates the multiple layered system
   architecture which consists of at least some generic IOTP application
   core and multiple specific payment modules.

   This document addresses a common interface between the IOTP
   application core and the payment modules, enabling the
   interoperability between these kinds of modules. Furthermore, such an
   interface provides the foundations for a plug-in- mechanism in actual
   implementations of IOTP application cores.

   Such interfaces exist at the Consumers', the Merchants' and the
   Payment Handlers' installations connecting the IOTP application core
   and the payment software components/legacy systems.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is a product of the TRADE working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Ned Freed reviewed the protocol for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce