Subject: Document Action: 'PWE3 Architecture' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:22:58 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PWE3 Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor Note:

3rd paragraph of Section 10:

      OLD:

       Protection mechanisms must also address the spoofing of tunneled PW
       data. The validation of traffic addressed to the PW Demultiplexer
       end-point is paramount in ensuring integrity of PW encapsulation.
       Security protocols such as IPSec [RFC2401] may be used by the PW
       Demultiplexer Layer in order to maintain the integrity of the PW by
       authenticating data between the PW Demultiplexer End-points.

      NEW:

       Protection mechanisms must also address the spoofing of tunneled PW
       data. The validation of traffic addressed to the PW Demultiplexer
       end-point is paramount in ensuring integrity of PW encapsulation.
       Security protocols such as IPSec [RFC2401] may be used by the PW
       Demultiplexer Layer in order to provide authentication and data
       integrity of data between the PW Demultiplexer End-points.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce