Subject: RFC 3724 on The Rise of the Middle and the Future of End-to-End: Reflections on the Evolution of the Internet Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:28:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3724

        Title:      The Rise of the Middle and the Future of
                    End-to-End: Reflections on the Evolution of the
                    Internet Architecture
        Author(s):  J. Kempf, R. Austein, Eds., IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 37206
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-e2e-futures-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3724.txt

The end-to-end principle is the core architectural guideline of the
Internet.  In this document, we briefly examine the development of the
end-to-end principle as it has been applied to the Internet
architecture over the years.  We discuss current trends in the
evolution of the Internet architecture in relation to the end-to-end
principle, and try to draw some conclusion about the evolution of the
end-to-end principle, and thus for the Internet architecture which it
supports, in light of these current trends.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.