Subject: RFC 3736 on Stateless Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Service for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:00:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3736

        Title:      Stateless Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
                    (DHCP) Service for IPv6
        Author(s):  R. Droms
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18510
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateless-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3736.txt

Stateless Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol service for IPv6
(DHCPv6) is used by nodes to obtain configuration information, such as
the addresses of DNS recursive name servers, that does not require the
maintenance of any dynamic state for individual clients.  A node that
uses stateless DHCP must have obtained its IPv6 addresses through some
other mechanism, typically stateless address autoconfiguration.  This
document explains which parts of RFC 3315 must be implemented in each
of the different kinds of DHCP agents so that agent can support
stateless DHCP.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.