Subject: Document Action: 'High-Level Requirements for Internet Voice Mail' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:21:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'High-Level Requirements for Internet Voice Mail '
   <draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the high-level requirements for Internet
Voice Mail (IVM) and establishes a baseline of desired functionality
against which proposed MIME profiles for Internet Voice Messaging
can be judged. IVM is an extension of the Voice Profile for Internet
Mail (VPIM) version 2 designed to support interoperability
with desktop clients. Other goals for this version of VPIM include
expanded interoperability with unified messaging systems,
conformance to Internet standards, and backward compatibility with
voice messaging systems currently running in a VPIM enabled
environment. This document does not include goals that were met
fully by VPIM version 2.
 
Working Group Summary
 
Working Group last call was completed in August 2002.  There were no comment
received as the WG had fully debated the issues by then.

Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck reviewed the spec for the IESG.  This document is
being reviewed again because there is no record of a ballot being held
and all identified old issues have been cleared.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce