Subject: Document Action: 'application/rdf+xml Media Type Registration' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:22:43 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'application/rdf+xml Media Type Registration '
   <draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a media type (application/rdf+xml) for use
with the XML serialization of the Resource Description Framework
(RDF).  RDF is a language designed to support the Semantic Web, by
facilitating resource description and data exchange on the Web.  RDF
provides common structures that can be used for interoperable data
exchange and follows the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) design
principles of interoperability, evolution, and decentralization.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The document has been reviewed by the W3C RDFcore working group, which
has reached consensus on the request to publish this document.  The
document was also presented for review on the IETF-types list; no
comments were received.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the spec for the IESG.  He has confirmed
that there are multiple producers of data served as application/rdf+xml.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce