Subject: BCP 85, RFC 3725 on Best Current Practices for Third Party Call Control (3pcc) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:18:15 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 85
        RFC 3725

        Title:      Best Current Practices for Third Party Call
                    Control (3pcc) in the Session Initiation Protocol
                    (SIP)
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg, J. Peterson, H. Schulzrinne,
                    G. Camarillo
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 77308
        SeeAlso:    BCP 85

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-3pcc-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3725.txt

Third party call control refers to the ability of one entity to
create a call in which communication is actually between other
parties.  Third party call control is possible using the mechanisms
specified within the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  However,
there are several possible approaches, each with different benefits
and drawbacks.  This document discusses best current practices for the
usage of SIP for third party call control.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.