Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Fibre Channel' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:15:14 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Fibre Channel '
   <draft-ietf-imss-ipv6-over-fibre-channel-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet and Management Support for 
Storage Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies the way of encapsulating IPv6 packets over
  Fibre Channel, and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses
  and statelessly autoconfigured addresses on Fibre Channel networks. 

Working Group Summary

  The initial WG Last Call resulted in a number (19) of Editorial
  comments and 2 Technical comments. The technical comments were
  as follows:
  - Use of a default large MTU size (65280 octets) for IPv6 over
    Fibre Channel, which far exceeds the message sizes typically
    used in the Internet. As a result, an explanation has been 
    added with additional guidance. See section 5.
  - An inconsistency in the format of the Source/Target Link-layer
    Address option (used with Neighbor Discovery Protocol). This
    has been corrected in the 01 revision.
  - Further changes were made because of IESG review which resulted
    in revision 02.
  The working group has consensus to publish revision 02 of this
  document as a standards track RFC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman and
  Bert Wijnen. Additional/explicit review was also requested from
  the IPv6 Working Group.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce