Subject: Protocol Action: 'SIP Authenticated Identity Body (AIB) Format' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:57:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SIP Authenticated Identity Body (AIB) Format '
   <draft-ietf-sip-authid-body-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working 
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary

   RFC3261 introduces the concept of adding an S/MIME body to a SIP
   request or response in order to provide reference integrity over its
   headers.  This document provides a more specific mechanism to derive
   integrity and authentication properties from an 'authenticated
   identity body', a digitally-signed SIP message or message fragment.
   A standard format for such bodies (known as Authenticated Identity
   Bodies, or AIBs) is given in this document.  Some considerations for
   the processing of AIBs by recipients of SIP messages with such bodies
   are also given.

   An important usage of the Authenticated Identity Body is seen in
   conjunction with SIP's Referred-By mechanism.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The working group strongly supported the advancement of AIB.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   There were review comments for this document during WG discussion.
   There were no dissenting comments during Working Group Last Call 
   or IETF Last Call.  The document was reviewed for the IESG by Eric 
   Rescorla and Allison Mankin.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce