Subject: RFC 3783 on Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI) Command Ordering Considerations with iSCSI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:12:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3783

        Title:      Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI)
                    Command Ordering Considerations with iSCSI
        Author(s):  M. Chadalapaka, R. Elliott
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 32358
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-command-ordering-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3783.txt

Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) is a Small Computer
Systems Interface (SCSI) transport protocol designed to run on top of
TCP.  The iSCSI session abstraction is equivalent to the classic
SCSI "I_T nexus", which represents the logical relationship
between an Initiator and a Target (I and T) required in order to
communicate via the SCSI family of protocols.  The iSCSI session
provides an ordered command delivery from the SCSI initiator to
the SCSI target.  This document goes into the design
considerations that led to the iSCSI session model as it is
defined today, relates the SCSI command ordering features
defined in T10 specifications to the iSCSI concepts, and finally
provides guidance to system designers on how true command
ordering solutions can be built based on iSCSI.

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce