Subject: RFC 3744 on Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Access Control Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:34:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3744

        Title:      Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)
                    Access Control Protocol
        Author(s):  G. Clemm, J. Reschke, E. Sedlar, J. Whitehead
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      72
        Characters: 146623
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-webdav-acl-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3744.txt

This document specifies a set of methods, headers, message bodies,
properties, and reports that define Access Control extensions to the
WebDAV Distributed Authoring Protocol.  This protocol permits a client
to read and modify access control lists that instruct a server
whether to allow or deny operations upon a resource (such as
HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) method invocations) by a given
principal.  A lightweight representation of principals as Web
resources supports integration of a wide range of user management
repositories.  Search operations allow discovery and manipulation of
principals using human names.

This document is a product of the WWW Distributed Authoring and
Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.