Subject: RFC 3774 on IETF Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:25:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3774

        Title:      IETF Problem Statement
        Author(s):  E. Davies, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 55172
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-problem-issue-statement-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3774.txt

This memo summarizes perceived problems in the structure, function,
and processes of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).  We are
attempting to identify these problems, so that they can be addressed
and corrected by the IETF community.

The problems have been digested and categorized from an extensive
discussion which took place on the \'problem-statement' mailing list
from November 2002 to September 2003.  The problem list has been
further analyzed in an attempt to determine the root causes at
the heart of the perceived problems: The result will be used to guide
the next stage of the process in the Problem Statement working group
which is to recommend the structures and processes that will carry
out the corrections.

This document is a product of the Problem Statement Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.