Subject: RFC 3780 on SMIng - Next Generation Structure of Management Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:45:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3780

        Title:      SMIng - Next Generation Structure of Management
                    Information
        Author(s):  F. Strauss, J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 141049
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nmrg-sming-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3780.txt

This memo defines the base SMIng (Structure of Management
Information, Next Generation) language.  SMIng is a data definition
language that provides a protocol-independent representation for
management information.  Separate RFCs define mappings of SMIng to
specific management protocols, including SNMP.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.