Subject: RFC 3781 on Next Generation Structure of Management Information (SMIng) Mappings to the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:46:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3781

        Title:      Next Generation Structure of Management
                    Information (SMIng) Mappings to the Simple Network
                    Management Protocol (SNMP)
        Author(s):  F. Strauss, J. Schoenwaelder
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       May 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 112267
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-nmrg-sming-snmp-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3781.txt

SMIng (Structure of Management Information, Next Generation)
(RFC3780), is a protocol-independent data definition language for
management information.  This memo defines an SMIng language
extension that specifies the mapping of SMIng definitions of
identities, classes, and their attributes and events to dedicated
definitions of nodes, scalar objects, tables and columnar objects,
and notifications, for application to the SNMP management framework.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.