Subject: Updated announcement and agenda for MULTI6 WG interim meeting

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:25:36 -0400

Date: Monday June 14, 2004
Time: 09:00 - 17:00 PDT
Place: Loews Beach Hotel, Santa Monica, CA, USA

This is the same location as the North American IPv6 Summit;
see http://www.usipv6.com/ for full logistics and hotel discount
code. (Of course, you may also wish to register for the Summit.)

For the Loews, make your hotel reservation ASAP [needed to be before
May 21st to get the discount]. There are many other hotels and plenty
of restaurants nearby.

The room will hold about 100 people; at the moment we do not plan
on requiring formal advance registration. The informal count of
attendees was about 26 as of May 24.

Breakfast and lunch NOT provided. Coffee breaks planned
at 10:00 and 15:00 PDT, lunch break around noon.

An informal "Bar BOF" will be held in the late afternoon of Sunday
June 13 to prepare for the main meeting. Location: somewhere in
Loews Hotel.

The goal of the meeting is to reach common ground on architectural
analysis and on the impact of various classes of solution. It is
*not* to discuss solutions in detail or to choose one of them.

Draft agenda (comments welcome).

1. IPR reminder, logistics, agenda bashing (co-chairs, 10 min.)

2. Charter review (co-chairs, 5 min.)
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/multi6-charter.html

3. Review "Things to think about" draft (Eliot Lear, 45 min.)

      draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-02.txt

4. Review threats draft(s) if updated (leader(s) TBD, 45 min.)

      draft-nordmark-multi6-threats-XX.txt
      draft-ohta-multi6-threats-XX.txt

5. Review + discuss future Architecture draft (Geoff Huston
      by phone, co-chairs, 2 hours)

      draft-huston-multi6-architectures-00.txt

6. Open discussion on the impact of various categories of solutions
      (co-chairs, 1 hour)

7. Conclusions of meeting and where to move from here.

        Brian Carpenter & Kurt Erik Lindqvist, multi6 co-chairs 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce