Subject: Protocol Action: 'Sieve Extension: Copying Without Side Effects' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:43:30 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Sieve Extension: Copying Without Side Effects '
   <draft-degener-sieve-copy-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
The sieve scripting language allows users to control handling
and disposal of their incoming e-mail.  By default, an e-mail
message that is processed by a sieve script is saved in the
owner's "inbox".  Actions such as "fileinto" and "redirect"
cancel this default behavior.  This document defines a new
keyword parameter, ":copy", to be used with the sieve "fileinto"
and "redirect" actions.  Adding ":copy" to an action suppresses
cancellation of the default "inbox" save.  It allows users to
add commands to an existing script without changing the meaning
of the rest of the script.

Working Group Summary
 
This document was reviewed on the [email-masked] list but is not 
the product of an IETF working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Ned Freed and Scott Hollenbeck reviewed the specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce