Subject: Protocol Action: 'NIS Configuration Options for DHCPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:59:23 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NIS Configuration Options for DHCPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-nisconfig-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes four options for NIS-related configuration
   information in DHCPv6: NIS Servers [3], NIS+ Servers [3], NIS Client 
   Domain Name [3], NIS+ Client Domain name [3].
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was produced by the DHC WG and has been through
   WG last call and IETF last call.  In the last call process, it was
   verified that an IPv6 implementation of NIS is available.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note:

RFC Editor, please change section 1. of the document as follows:

OLD:

1. Introduction

   This document describes four options for passing configuration
   information related to Network Information Service (NIS) [3] in
   DHCPv6 (RFC 3315 [1]).

NEW:

1. Introduction

   This document describes four options for passing configuration
   information related to Network Information Service (NIS) [3] in
   DHCPv6 (RFC 3315 [1]).

   The options defined in this draft can only be used to configure
   information about NIS servers that can be reached using IPv6.  The
   DHCP option to configure information about IPv4 NIS servers
   can be found in RFC 2132 [4].  Mechanisms for configuring 
   IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack applications are being considered, but are 
   not specified in this document.

And, please add an additional informative reference:

   [4]   Alexander, S. and Droms, R., "DHCP Options and BOOTP Vendor 
          Extensions", RFC 2132, March 1997.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce