Subject: RFC 3801 on Voice Profile for Internet Mail - version 2 (VPIMv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:22:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3801

        Title:      Voice Profile for Internet Mail - version 2
                    (VPIMv2)
        Author(s):  G. Vaudreuil, G. Parsons
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 118122
        Obsoletes:  2421

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vpim-vpimv2r2-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3801.txt

This document specifies a restricted profile of the Internet
multimedia messaging protocols for use between voice processing server
platforms.  The profile is referred to as the Voice Profile for
Internet Mail (VPIM) in this document.  These platforms have
historically been special-purpose computers and often do not have the
same facilities normally associated with a traditional Internet
Email-capable computer.  As a result, VPIM also specifies additional
functionality, as it is needed.  This profile is intended to specify
the minimum common set of features to allow interworking between
conforming systems.

This document obsoletes RFC 2421 and describes version 2 of the
profile with greater precision.  No protocol changes were made in this
revision.  A list of changes from RFC 2421 are noted in Appendix F.
Appendix A summarizes the protocol profiles of this version of VPIM.

This document is a product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce