Subject: Document Action: 'Graceful OSPF Restart Implementation Report' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 18:05:19 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Graceful OSPF Restart Implementation Report '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-graceful-impl-report-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
 Graceful OSPF Restart as specified in RFC 3623 provides a mechanism 
 whereby an OSPF router can stay on the forwarding path even as its 
 OSPF software is restarted. This document provides an 
 implementation report for this extension to the base OSPF protocol.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The WG had consensus on the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

RFC Editor Note:

Section 8. Security Considerations:

OLD:

   This document does not address any security issues other a reference
   to the RFC 2328 [OSPF]. Security considerations for the OSPF protocol
   are included in RFC2328 [OSPF]. Security considerations for Graceful
   OSPF Restart are included in [GRACE]. 

NEW:

   This document does not discuss implementation and interoperability 
   aspects of the security mechanisms in great detail, as no new security
   mechanisms are introduced with Graceful OSPF Restart. Security 
   considerations for the OSPF protocol are included in RFC2328 [OSPF]. 
   Security considerations for Graceful OSPF Restart are included in [GRACE].

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce