Subject: RFC 3820 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Proxy Certificate Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:24:30 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3820

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
                    Proxy Certificate Profile
        Author(s):  S. Tuecke, V. Welch, D. Engert, L. Pearlman
                    M. Thompson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 86374
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-proxy-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3820.txt

This document forms a certificate profile for Proxy Certificates,
based on X.509 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates as
defined in RFC 3280, for use in the Internet.  The term Proxy
Certificate is used to describe a certificate that is derived from,
and signed by, a normal X.509 Public Key End Entity Certificate or
by another Proxy Certificate for the purpose of providing
restricted proxying and delegation within a PKI based
authentication system.

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (C.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce