Subject: RFC 3748 on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:53:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3748

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
        Author(s):  B. Aboba, L. Blunk, J. Vollbrecht, J. Carlson,
                    H. Levkowetz, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 157994
        Obsoletes:  2284

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eap-rfc2284bis-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3748.txt

This document defines the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP),
an authentication framework which supports multiple authentication
methods.  EAP typically runs directly over data link layers such as
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) or IEEE 802, without requiring IP.  EAP
provides its own support for duplicate elimination and retransmission,
but is reliant on lower layer ordering guarantees.  Fragmentation is
not supported within EAP itself; however, individual EAP methods may
support this.

This document obsoletes RFC 2284.  A summary of the changes between
this document and RFC 2284 is available in Appendix A.

This document is a product of the Extensible Authentication Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce