Subject: Protocol Action: 'Management Information Base for the Internet Protocol (IP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:21:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for the Internet Protocol (IP) '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2011-update-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for
use with network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
particular, it describes managed objects used for implementations of the
Internet Protocol (IP) in an IP version independent manner.  This memo
obsoletes RFCs 2011, 2465 and 2466.

Working Group Summary
 
This document is a product of the IPv6 WG.  It was developed by the
ipv6mib design team.  We received several comments on this document
during IETF Last Call and the most recent version has been updated
to reflect that feedback.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note

Please replace the definition of ipSystemStatsInAddrErrors as follows:

OLD:

ipSystemStatsInAddrErrors OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
           "The number of input IP datagrams discarded because the IP
            address in their IP header's destination field was not a
            valid address to be received at this entity.  This count
            includes invalid addresses (e.g., ::0) and unsupported
            addresses (e.g., addresses with unallocated prefixes).  For
            entities which are not IP routers and therefore do not
            forward datagrams, this counter includes datagrams discarded
            because the destination address was not a local address.

            Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur at
            re-initialization of the management system, and at other
            times as indicated by the value of
            ipSystemStatsDiscontinuityTime."
    ::= { ipSystemStatsEntry 9 } 

NEW:

ipSystemStatsInAddrErrors OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX     Counter32
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS     current
    DESCRIPTION
           "The number of input IP datagrams discarded because the IP
            address in their IP header's destination field was not a
            valid address to be received at this entity.  This count
            includes invalid addresses (e.g., ::0).  For entities which
            are not IP routers and therefore do not forward datagrams,
            this counter includes datagrams discarded because the
            destination address was not a local address.

            Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur at
            re-initialization of the management system, and at other
            times as indicated by the value of
            ipSystemStatsDiscontinuityTime."
    ::= { ipSystemStatsEntry 9 }

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce