Subject: RFC 3809 on Generic Requirements for Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:01:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3809

        Title:      Generic Requirements for Provider Provisioned
                    Virtual Private Networks (PPVPN)
        Author(s):  A. Nagarajan, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 60576
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-generic-reqts-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3809.txt

This document describes generic requirements for Provider Provisioned
Virtual Private Networks (PPVPN).  The requirements are categorized
into service requirements, provider requirements and engineering 
requirements.  These requirements are not specific to any particular
type of PPVPN technology, but rather apply to all PPVPN technologies.
All PPVPN technologies are expected to meet the umbrella set of
requirements described in this document.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce