Subject: BCP 88, RFC 3818 on IANA Considerations for the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:09:42 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 88
        RFC 3818

        Title:      IANA Considerations for the Point-to-Point
                    Protocol (PPP)
        Author(s):  V. Schryver
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6321
        SeeAlso:    BCP 88

        I-D Tag:    draft-schryver-pppext-iana-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3818.txt

The charter of the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) Extensions working
group (pppext) includes the responsibility to "actively advance PPP's
most useful extensions to full standard, while defending against
further enhancements of questionable value."  In support of that
charter, the allocation of PPP protocol and other assigned numbers
will no longer be "first come first served."

This document is a product of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF. 

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce