Subject: RFC 3775 on Mobility Support in IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:20:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3775

        Title:      Mobility Support in IPv6
        Author(s):  D. Johnson, C. Perkins, J. Arkko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      165
        Characters: 393514
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-24.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3775.txt

This document specifies a protocol which allows nodes to remain
reachable while moving around in the IPv6 Internet.  Each mobile node
is always identified by its home address, regardless of its current
point of attachment to the Internet.  While situated away from its
home, a mobile node is also associated with a care-of address, which
provides information about the mobile node's current location.  IPv6
packets addressed to a mobile node's home address are transparently
routed to its care-of address.  The protocol enables IPv6 nodes to
cache the binding of a mobile node's home address with its care-of
address, and to then send any packets destined for the mobile node
directly to it at this care-of address.  To support this operation,
Mobile IPv6 defines a new IPv6 protocol and a new destination option.
All IPv6 nodes, whether mobile or stationary, can communicate with
mobile nodes.

This document is a product of the IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce