Subject: RFC 3843 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Compression Profile for IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:26:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3843

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    A Compression Profile for IP
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson, G. Pelletier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33549
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-ip-only-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3843.txt

The original RObust Header Compression (ROHC) RFC (RFC 3095) defines
a framework for header compression, along with compression protocols
(profiles) for IP/UDP/RTP, IP/ESP (Encapsulating Security Payload),
IP/UDP, and also a profile for uncompressed packet streams.  However,
no profile was defined for compression of IP only, which has been
identified as a missing piece in RFC 3095.  This document defines a
ROHC compression profile for IP, similar to the IP/UDP profile defined
by RFC 3095, but simplified to exclude UDP, and enhanced to compress
IP header chains of arbitrary length.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce