Subject: RFC 3846 on Mobile IPv4 Extension for Carrying Network Access Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:27:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3846

        Title:      Mobile IPv4 Extension for Carrying Network Access
                    Identifiers
        Author(s):  F. Johansson, T. Johansson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16834
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-nai-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3846.txt

When a mobile node moves between two foreign networks, it has to be
re-authenticated.  If the home network has both multiple
Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA) servers and Home
Agents (HAs) in use, the Home AAA server may not have sufficient
information to process the re-authentication correctly (i.e., to
ensure that the same HA continues to be used).  This document defines
a Mobile IP extension that carries identities for the Home AAA and HA
servers in the form of Network Access Identifiers (NAIs).  The
extension allows a Home Agent to pass its identity (and that of the
Home AAA server) to the mobile node, which can then pass it on to the
local AAA server when changing its point of attachment.  This
extension may also be used in other situations requiring
communication of a NAI between Mobile IP nodes.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce