Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) Header Field Parameter Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:54:49 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) Header Field Parameter 
   Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-parameter-registry-02.txt> as a BCP
- 'The Internet Assigned Number Authority (IANA) Universal Resource Identifier 
   (URI) Parameter Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) '
   <draft-ietf-sip-uri-parameter-reg-02.txt> as a BCP

These documents are products of the Session Initiation Protocol Working Group. 
The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary
 
  These documents creates an IANA registries for SIP header field
   parameters and parameter values, and SIP/SIPS uri parameters
   and parameter values.  It also lists the already existing
   parameters and parameter values to be used as the initial entries for
   this registry.

   The purpose of this to to update RFC 3427 and minimize problems
   from duplicated parameters and problematic values.

Working Group Summary
 
 There was strong support of this registry.  The working group pushed for 
 adding the parameter values registry.  A determination was made that 
 such a registry could become large, so the compromise design was decided
 on:  when parameter values are registrable, the registry for the parameter
 flags this, and points to the RFC documenting their set of values.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document review for the IESG was done by Allison Mankin and IANA
 reviewed during Last Call without finding problems. 
There was a large amount of review by the working group.

RFC Editor Notes:

Change Title OLD:

The Internet Assigned Number Authority Universal Resource Identifier 
 Parameter Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol

NEW

The Internet Assigned Number Authority Uniform Resource Identifier 
 Parameter Registry for the Session Initiation Protocol

Uniform -not- Universal

(and in the text, if universal appears, please substitute 'uniform')

------

draft-ietf-sip-parameter-registry-02.txt, section 4.2

OLD:

   As per the terminology in RFC 2434 [2], the registration policy for
   SIP header field parameters and parameter values shall be
   "Specification Required".

NEW:

   As per the terminology in RFC 2434 [2], the registration policy for
   SIP header field parameters and parameter values shall be
   "IETF Consensus."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce