Subject: Document Action: 'Calculating IGP Routes Over Traffic Engineering Tunnels' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:03:29 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Calculating IGP Routes Over Traffic Engineering Tunnels '
   <draft-ietf-rtgwg-igp-shortcut-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes how conventional hop-by-hop link-state
  routing protocols interact with MPLS Traffic Engineering capabilities
  to create IGP shortcuts.  In particular this document describes how
  Dijkstra's SPF algorithm can be adapted so that link-state IGPs
  will calculate IP routes to forward traffic over tunnels that are
  set up by Traffic Engineering.

Working Group Summary
 
  The document started as an individual submission that was later
  accepted as a WG item in RTGWG. It has undergone substantial technical
  review by individuals within the RTGWG and reflects the discussion
  on the mailing list. It has passed the WG LC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The mechanisms described in the document have been implemented and
  deployed. The specification has been review for IESG by Alex Zinin.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce