Subject: RFC 3810 on Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) for IPv6

From: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:03:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3810

        Title:      Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) for
                    IPv6
        Author(s):  R. Vida, Ed., L. Costa, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      62
        Characters: 153579
        Updates:    2710

        I-D Tag:    draft-vida-mld-v2-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3810.txt

This document updates RFC 2710, and it specifies Version 2 of the
Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (MLDv2).  MLD is used by an
IPv6 router to discover the presence of multicast listeners on
directly attached links, and to discover which multicast addresses
are of interest to those neighboring nodes.  MLDv2 is designed to
be interoperable with MLDv1.  MLDv2 adds the ability for a node to
report interest in listening to packets with a particular multicast
address only from specific source addresses or from all sources
except for specific source addresses.

This document is the product of the Multicast & Anycast Group
Membership Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce