Subject: RFC 3808 on IANA Charset MIB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:35:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3808

        Title:      IANA Charset MIB
        Author(s):  I. McDonald
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 25245
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-mcdonald-iana-charset-mib-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3808.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  This IANA Charset MIB is now an IANA registry.  In
particular, a single textual convention 'IANACharset' is defined that
may be used to specify charset labels in MIB objects.  'IANACharset'
was extracted from Printer MIB v2 (RFC 3805).  'IANACharset' was
originally defined (and mis-named) as 'CodedCharSet' in Printer MIB
v1 (RFC 1759).  A tool has been written in C, that may be used by IANA
to regenerate this IANA Charset MIB, when future charsets are
registered in accordance with the IANA Charset Registration Procedures
(RFC 2978).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce