Subject: Protocol Action: 'Registration of mail and MIME header fields' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:41:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Registration of mail and MIME header fields '
   <draft-klyne-hdrreg-mail-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines the initial IANA registration for permanent
mail and MIME message header fields.

Working Group Summary
 
The work was discussed on IETF mailing lists, but there was no working
group active in this area at the time it was processed.  One last call
comment on whether it was correct to associate both the "standard"
label with headers defined in RFC 822 and to also reference RFC 2822.
There seems, however, to be rough consensus with the document's
existing approach.

Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce