Subject: RFC 3773 on High-Level Requirements for Internet Voice Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 16:59:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3773

        Title:      High-Level Requirements for Internet Voice Mail
        Author(s):  E. Candell
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 19156
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vpim-ivm-goals-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3773.txt

This document describes the high-level requirements for Internet
Voice Mail (IVM) and establishes a baseline of desired functionality
against which proposed MIME profiles for Internet Voice Messaging
can be judged.  IVM is an extension of the Voice Profile for Internet
Mail (VPIM) version 2 designed to support interoperability
with desktop clients.  Other goals for this version of VPIM include
expanded interoperability with unified messaging systems,
conformance to Internet standards, and backward compatibility with
voice messaging systems currently running in a VPIM enabled
environment.  This document does not include goals that were met
fully by VPIM version 2.

This document is a product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce