Subject: Document Action: 'Protocol Independent Multicast - Dense Mode (PIM-DM): Protocol Specification (Revised)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:58:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Protocol Independent Multicast - Dense Mode (PIM-DM): Protocol Specification
  (Revised) '
   <draft-ietf-pim-dm-new-v2-05.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary

 This document specifies Protocol Independent Multicast - Dense Mode 
 (PIM-DM).  PIM-DM is a multicast routing protocol that uses the 
 underlying unicast routing information base to flood multicast datagrams
 to all multicast routers.  Prune messages are used to prevent future 
 messages from propagating to routers with no group membership 
 information.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The WG has a consensus on this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

RFC Editor Note:

Section 7.3, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence:

OLD: 

To use IPSec, the administrator of a PIM network configures each PIM
router with one or more Security Associations and associated Security
Parameters Indices that are used by senders to sign PIM protocol
                                               ^^^^^
messages and are used by receivers to authenticate received PIM protocol
messages. 

NEW:

To use IPSec, the administrator of a PIM network configures each PIM
router with one or more Security Associations and associated Security
Parameters Indices that are used by senders to authenticate PIM protocol
messages and are used by receivers to authenticate received PIM protocol
messages.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce