Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Mission Statement for the IETF' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:17:36 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Mission Statement for the IETF '
   <draft-alvestrand-ietf-mission-02.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
 This memo gives a mission statement for the IETF, tries to define the
 terms used in the statement sufficiently to make the mission
 statement understandable and useful, argues why the IETF needs a
 mission statement, and tries to capture some of the debate that led
 to this point.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This is document is not the work of an IETF working group, but is
 a contribution by the IETF chair 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

---

Note to the RFC editor:

Please correct the following style/spelling errors:

Old:

Open process - any interested participant can participate in the work,
                                                                                
New:
  
Open process - any interested person can participate in the work,

-

Old:

Misson:  What an organization sets out to do.

New:
                                                                                
Mission:  What an organization sets out to do.
                                                                                
-

Old:

Sometimes the IETF defines standards that are ultimately used mostly
for non-global IP-routing Internet.

New:

Sometimes the IETF defines standards that ultimately see the
most use outside the global Internet.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce