Subject: RFC 3832 on Remote Service Discovery in the Service Location Protocol (SLP) via DNS SRV

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:44:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3832

        Title:      Remote Service Discovery in the
                    Service Location Protocol (SLP) via DNS SRV
        Author(s):  W. Zhao, H. Schulzrinne, E. Guttman, C. Bisdikian,
                    W. Jerome
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15602
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-zhao-slp-remote-da-discovery-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3832.txt

Remote service discovery refers to discovering desired services in
given remote (i.e., non-local) DNS domains.  This document describes
remote service discovery in the Service Location Protocol (SLP) via
DNS SRV.  It defines the DNS SRV Resource Records for SLP Directory
Agent services, discusses various issues in using SLP and DNS SRV
together for remote service discovery, and gives the steps for
discovering desired services in remote DNS domains.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce