Subject: BCP 89, RFC 3819 on Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:45:26 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 89
        RFC 3819

        Title:      Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers
        Author(s):  P. Karn, Ed., C. Bormann, G. Fairhurst,
                    D. Grossman, R. Ludwig, J. Mahdavi, G. Montenegro,
                    J. Touch, L. Wood
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      60
        Characters: 152174
        SeeAlso:    BCP 89

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-15.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3819.txt

This document provides advice to the designers of digital
communication equipment, link-layer protocols, and packet-switched
local networks (collectively referred to as subnetworks), who wish to
support the Internet protocols but may be unfamiliar with the
Internet architecture and the implications of their design choices on
the performance and efficiency of the Internet.

This document is a product of the Performance Implications of Link
Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce