Subject: Document Action: 'Evaluation of Candidate Protocols for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:46:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Evaluation of Candidate Protocols for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) '
   <draft-leinen-ipfix-eval-contrib-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
 This document contains an evaluation of the five candidate protocols
 for an IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) protocol, based on the
 requirements document produced by the IPFIX Working Group.  The
 protocols are characterized and grouped in broad categories, and
 evaluated against specific requirements. Finally, a recommendation
 is made to select the NetFlow v9 protocol as the basis for the IPFIX
 specification.  This document contains an evaluation of the five
 candidate protocols for an IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
 protocol, based on the requirements document produced by the IPFIX
 Working Group.  The protocols are characterized and grouped in broad
 categories, and evaluated against specific requirements. Finally, a 
 recommendation is made to select the NetFlow v9 protocol as the basis
 for the IPFIX specification. 

Working Group Summary
 
 The WG has consensus to publish this document as an Informational RFC.

Protocol Quality
 
 Bert Wijnen reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce