Subject: Protocol Action: 'AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IPv4' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:58:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'AAA Registration Keys for Mobile IPv4 '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-key-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary

This document specifies the mobile node-to-network interface for key
distribution within Mobile IPv4.  In particular, it defines the
necessary extensions to Mobile IP Registration Requests and Replies to
carry nonces that can be used to derive session keys for Mobile IP
mobility security associations.  The document specifies how to create
MN-HA and MN-FA security associations from these nonces, leveraging a
long-term MN-AAA secret that is maintained with a home AAA server.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus within the working group to publish the document
as Proposed Standard.

Protocol Quality

The document was reviewed for quality by Pete McCann (MIP4 co-chair)
and for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce