Subject: Protocol Action: 'Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:29:44 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-nemo-basic-support-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network Mobility Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes the NEMO Basic Support protocol that enables
   mobile networks to attach to different points in the Internet.  The
   protocol is an extension of Mobile IPv6 and allows for session
   continuity for every node in the mobile network as the network moves.
   It also allows every node in the mobile network to be reachable while
   moving around.  The Mobile Router, which connects the network to the
   Internet, runs the NEMO Basic Support protocol with its Home Agent.
   The protocol is designed in such a way that network mobility is
   transparent to the nodes inside the mobile network.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the output of the NEMO WG.  This document was
   reviewed by many members of the WG, and there is consensus to 
   advance the draft.  There are IPR claims regarding this technology
   from Cisco and Nokia.  The WG is aware of those claims and made
   a consensus decision to continue work in spite of those claims.
 
Protocol Quality

   This draft was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce