Subject: RFC 3849 on IPv6 Address Prefix Reserved for Documentation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:21:29 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3849

        Title:      IPv6 Address Prefix Reserved for Documentation
        Author(s):  G. Huston, A. Lord, P. Smith
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7872
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huston-ipv6-documentation-prefix-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3849.txt

To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion when relating
documented examples to deployed systems, an IPv6 unicast address
prefix is reserved for use in examples in RFCs, books, documentation,
and the like.  Since site-local and link-local unicast addresses have
special meaning in IPv6, these addresses cannot be used in many
example situations.  The document describes the use of the IPv6
address prefix 2001:DB8::/32 as a reserved prefix for use in
documentation.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce