Subject: RFC 3821 on Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:42:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3821

        Title:      Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP)
        Author(s):  M. Rajagopal, E. Rodriguez, R. Weber
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      74
        Characters: 165907
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-fcovertcpip-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3821.txt

Fibre Channel Over TCP/IP (FCIP) describes mechanisms that allow the
interconnection of islands of Fibre Channel storage area networks
over IP-based networks to form a unified storage area network in a
single Fibre Channel fabric.  FCIP relies on IP-based network
services to provide the connectivity between the storage area
network islands over local area networks, metropolitan area
networks, or wide area networks.  

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce