Subject: Document Action: 'NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Protocol (NORM)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:14:21 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Building Blocks '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-09.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Protocol (NORM) '
   <draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

These documents are products of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

RFC Editor Note 

Add to both documents at the end of the Introduction (not as a numbered 
section)

Statement of Intent

      This memo contains part of the definitions necessary to fully
      specify a Reliable Multicast Transport protocol in accordance with
      RFC2357.  As per RFC2357, the use of any reliable multicast
      protocol in the Internet requires an adequate congestion control
      scheme.

      While waiting for such a scheme to be available, or for an
      existing scheme to be proven adequate, the Reliable Multicast
      Transport working group (RMT) publishes this Request for Comments
      in the "Experimental" category.

      It is the intent of RMT to re-submit this specification as an IETF
      Proposed Standard as soon as the above condition is met.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce