Subject: Protocol Action: 'IFAX service of ENUM' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:24:56 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IFAX service of ENUM '
   <draft-ietf-fax-faxservice-enum-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes the functional specification and the
definition of the ENUM NAPTR record for IFax service. IFax is
"Facsimile using Internet Mail".  For this use, the DNS returns
the email address of the referenced IFax system. This mechanism
allows email-based fax communication to use telephone numbers,
rather than requiring that the sender already know the recipient
email address.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document was reviewed by both the FAX and ENUM working groups.
The FAX working group reached consensus on the document, and review
by the ENUM working group was requested.  Comments provided by the
ENUM working group were received and incorporated to produce the
document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce