Subject: Protocol Action: 'Domain-based Application Service Location Using SRV RRs and the Dynamic Delegation Discovery Service (DDDS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:57:43 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Domain-based Application Service Location Using SRV RRs and the Dynamic 
   Delegation Discovery Service (DDDS) '
   <draft-daigle-snaptr-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a generalized mechanism for application service
   naming that allows service location without relying on rigid domain
   naming conventions (so-called name hacks).  The proposal defines a
   Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Application to map domain
   name, application service name, and application protocol to target
   server and port, dynamically.
  
Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work on an individual submitter.  It has been considered
within the CRISP working group, however, and the CRISP working group has
based some of its protocol mechanisms on this work. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce