Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Network Access Server Application' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:35:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Network Access Server Application '
   <draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Authentication, Authorization and 
Accounting Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes the Diameter protocol application used for
   Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) services in the
   Network Access Server (NAS) environment. This application
   specification, when combined with the Diameter Base protocol,
   Transport Profile, and Extensible Authentication  Protocol
   specifications, satisfies typical network access services
   requirements.

   Initial deployments of the Diameter protocol are expected to include
   legacy systems. Therefore, this application was carefully designed to
   ease the burden of protocol conversion between RADIUS and Diameter.
   This is achieved by including the RADIUS attribute space, and
   eliminating the need to perform many attribute translations.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the product of the aaa working group, and had wg
   consensuus.  Comments in IETF last call were addressed by the current
   document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce