Subject: Document Action: 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:09:07 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MIDCOM Protocol Semantics '
   <draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Middlebox Communication Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
This document provides an abstract set of operations for the MIDCOM protocol 
- a detailed description of the messages and attributes that would be used. 
As such, it is a blueprint for concrete specification of a MIDCOM protocol. 
It defines the necessary set of synchronous and asynchronous transactions 
that might occur between middleboxes and their controllers.

Working Group Summary
 
This document was supported by the MIDCOM WG - while selection of the 
protocol instantiating these abstract operations might be controversial, 
everyone seems to be able to agree what these abstract operations should be.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce