Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:15:33 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Mobile IPv4 Application '
   <draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-20.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Authentication, Authorization and 
Accounting Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies a Diameter application that allows a Diameter
  server to authenticate, authorize and collect accounting information
  for Mobile IPv4 services rendered to a mobile node. Combined with
  the Inter-Realm capability of the base protocol, this application
  allows mobile nodes to receive service from foreign service
  providers. Diameter Accounting messages will be used by the foreign
  and home agents to transfer usage information to the Diameter
  servers.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The aaa working group had no technical problems with this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen

RFC-Editor notes:

Pls fix sect 12.7

OLD:
   12.7. Application Identifier 
    
   This specification assigns the value two (2) to the Application 
   Identifier namespace defined in [DIAMBASE].  See section 4 for more 
   information. 

NEW:
   12.7. Application Identifier 
    
   This specification uses the value two (2) from the Application 
   Identifier namespace as given in [DIAMBASE].  See section 4 for more 
   information. 

- On page 29, fix incorrect reference in last line bofre sect 7.1

OLD:
   MIP-Home-Agent-  348  7.9     DiamIdent  | M  |  P  |    |  V  | N  | 
     Host 
    
NEW:
   MIP-Home-Agent-  348  7.11    DiamIdent  | M  |  P  |    |  V  | N  | 
     Host 

- In sect 12.2 fix text to use correct values

OLD:
   12.2. AVP Codes 
    
   This specification assigns the values 318-348 and 363-366 from the 
   AVP Code namespace defined in [DIAMBASE].  See sections 7, 9, and 10 
   for the assignment of the namespace in this specification. 

NEW:
   12.2. AVP Codes 
    
   This specification assigns the values 318-348 and 363-367 from the 
   AVP Code namespace defined in [DIAMBASE].  See sections 7, 9, and 10 
   for the assignment of the namespace in this specification.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce