Subject: Protocol Action: 'Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 232/8' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:53:37 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Source-Specific Protocol Independent Multicast in 232/8 '
   <draft-ietf-mboned-ssm232-08.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
   IP Multicast group addresses in the 232/8 (232.0.0.0 to
   232.255.255.255) range are designated as source-specific multicast
   [SSM] destination addresses and are reserved for use by source-
   specific multicast applications and protocols. This document defines
   operational recommendations to ensure source-specific behavior within
   the 232/8 range.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the product of the mboned working group, where it
   passed last call without substantive comment.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush and
   Bert Wijnen

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce