Subject: RFC 3857 on A Watcher Information Event Template-Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:51:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3857

        Title:      A Watcher Information Event Template-Package for
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 46221
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-winfo-package-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3857.txt

This document defines the watcher information template-package for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event framework.  Watcher
information refers to the set of users subscribed to a particular
resource within a particular event package.  Watcher information
changes dynamically as users subscribe, unsubscribe, are approved, or
are rejected.  A user can subscribe to this information, and therefore
learn about changes to it.  This event package is a template-package
because it can be applied to any event package, including itself.

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce