Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:13:26 -0400

The Internet Printing Protocol (ipp) in the Application Area has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

The mailing list will remain active.

+++

The Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) working group has concluded. The group
was chartered to develop requirements for Internet printing and to describe
a model and semantics for Internet printing. A further goal was to define a
new application level Internet printing protocol for the following core
functions:

- for a user to find out about a printer's capabilities
- for a user to submit print jobs to a printer
- for a user to find out the status of a printer or a print job
- for a user to cancel a previously submitted job

The working group produced eighteen Informational, Experimental, and
Standards Track RFCs, including "Rationale for the Structure of the Model
and Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol" (RFC 2568) and
"Requirements for Job, Printer, and Device Administrative Operations" (RFC
3239). Version 1.0 of the Internet Printing Protocol is described in
Experimental and Informational RFCs 2565, 2566 and 2639. Version 1.1 is
described in Standards Track and Informational RFCs 2910, 2911, 3196, and
3510. Other documents (RFCs 2567, 2569, 3380, 3381, and 3382) supplement
these RFCs. Four other working group documents that describe IPP
notifications and administrative operations were recently approved for
publication as RFCs by the IESG.

The IESG contacts are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce