Subject: RFC 3844 on IETF Problem Resolution Process

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:57:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3844

        Title:      IETF Problem Resolution Process
        Author(s):  E. Davies, J. Hofmann, Eds.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44841
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-problem-process-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3844.txt

This Informational document records the history of discussions
in the Problem WG during 2003 of how to resolve the problems
described in the IETF Problem Statement. It decomposes each of the
problems described into a few areas for improvement and categorizes
them as either problems affecting the routine processes used to create
standards or problems affecting the fundamental structure and
practices of the IETF.  Expeditious and non-disruptive solutions are
proposed for the problems affecting routine processes.

The document also lists suggested ways to handle the development
of solutions for the structure and practices problems proposed
in IETF discussions.  Neither the working group nor the wider
IETF has reached consensus on a recommendation for any of the
proposals. This document therefore has no alternative
but to suggest that the search for structure and
practices solutions be handed back to the control of the
IESG.

While there was working group consensus on the processes for
short-term and medium term improvements, there was no working
group consensus on the proposals for longer-term
improvements.  This document therefore includes longer-term
improvement proposals only as a matter of record; they must
not be regarded as recommendations from the working group.

This document is a product of the Problem Statement Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce