Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:56:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Scoped Address Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the architectural characteristics, expected
   behavior, textual representation, and usage of IPv6 addresses of
   different scopes. According to a decision in the IPv6 working group,
   this document intentionally avoids using the syntax and usage of
   unicast site-local addresses.

Working Group Summary
 
   This document has been active in the IPv6 WG for a long time.  
   There is strong consensus regarding the contents of this document
   and it is widely implemented.  Most of the delay was caused by 
   the site-local address issue.  That issue has been resolved, and
   the concept of site-local unicast addressing has been removed 
   from this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce