Subject: IETF Nominations Committee Chair Announcement

From: "Lynn St. Amour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 12:04:33 -0400

One of the roles of the Internet Society (ISOC) President is to appoint
the IETF Nominations Committee chair. This is done through consultation
with members of the IETF community, as well as input from past IETF
NomComm Chairs, and the ISOC Board. It gives me great pleasure to
announce that Danny McPherson has agreed to serve as the 2004 IETF
Nominations Committee chair. Danny can be reached at <[email-masked]>.

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the IETF
Announcement list; and a list of the IESG and IAB seats to be filled will
also be published. Please give serious consideration to possible
candidates for these posts and, in the interim, make your
suggestions known to Danny, who will share them with the committee
when seated.

The NomComm process is an ambitious undertaking and it is important that
the entire IETF community assist as much as possible. Thank you in
advance for your support and a sincere thank you to Danny for
agreeing to
take on this important responsibility.

Lynn St. Amour
President & CEO
The Internet Society

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce