Subject: Document Action: 'Examples of S/MIME Messages' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:59:44 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Examples of S/MIME Messages '
   <draft-ietf-smime-examples-15.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This document gives examples S/MIME messages.  Specifically, it has
  examples of Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) objects and S/MIME
  messages, including the MIME encapsulation.  It includes examples of
  many common CMS formats.  The purpose of this document is to help
  increase interoperability for S/MIME and other protocols that rely on
  CMS by providing test data for implementors.

Working Group Summary

  The S/MIME working group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  At least two implementations have verified the correctness of each
  example.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce