Subject: RFC 3886 on An Extensible Message Format for Message Tracking Responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:14:34 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3886

        Title:      An Extensible Message Format for Message Tracking
                    Responses
        Author(s):  E. Allman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21746
        Updates:    3463

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msgtrk-trkstat-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3886.txt

Message Tracking is expected to be used to determine the
status of undelivered e-mail upon request.  Tracking is used in
conjunction with Delivery Status Notifications (DSN) and Message
Disposition Notifications (MDN); generally, a message tracking request
will be issued only when a DSN or MDN has not been received within a
reasonable timeout period.

This memo defines a MIME content-type for message tracking
status in the same spirit as RFC 3464, "An Extensible Message Format
for
Delivery Status Notifications".  It is to be issued upon a request as
described in "Message Tracking Query Protocol".  This memo defines
only the format of the status information.  An extension to SMTP
to label messages for further tracking and request tracking status is
defined in a separate memo.

This document is a product of the Message Tracking Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce