Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCP Subscriber ID Suboption for the DHCP Relay Agent Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:17:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCP Subscriber ID Suboption for the DHCP Relay Agent Option '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-subscriber-id-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a new Subscriber-ID suboption for the Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol's (DHCP) relay agent information option. The
   suboption allows a DHCP relay agent to associate a stable
   "Subscriber-ID" with DHCP client messages in a way that is
   independent of the client and of the underlying physical network
   infrastructure.

Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the work output of the DHC WG.  The WG has consensus
   to advance this document.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce