Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-model-02.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:35:23 -0400

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

            Writing Protocol Models

            draft-iab-model-02.txt

    as an Informational RFC. This document provides methodology
    for providing protocol models to aid in communicating
    the functioning and features of a proposed protocol 
    separately from the detailed syntax of the protocol messaging 
    itself.

    The IAB solicits comments by October 15, 2004. Please send
    comments to the IAB ([email-masked]).

    The document can be found at

            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-model-02.txt

        From the Abstract:

        The IETF process depends on peer review. However, IETF documents
        are generally written to be useful for implementors, not for
        reviewers. In particular, while great care is generally taken to
        provide a complete description of the state machines and bits on
        the wire, this level of detail tends to get in the way of initial
        understanding. This document describes an approach for providing
        protocol "models" that allow reviewers to quickly grasp the essence
        of a system.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce