Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:28:36 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for ENUMservices web and ft '
   <draft-ietf-enum-webft-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

Technical Summary
 
   This document registers the Enumservices 'web' and 'ft' using
   the URI schemes 'http:', 'https:' and 'ftp:' following the IANA
   registration process defined in the ENUM specification RFC 3761.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The working group supported this Enumservice.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Registrations using these services have been deployed.  Allison Mankin 
 reviewed this document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Notes

1.
Abstract
OLD:
    This document registers the 'ENUMservices' [3] 'web' and 'ft' using
   the URI schemes 'http:', 'https:' and 'ftp:' as per the IANA
   registration process defined in the ENUM specification RFC3761 [3].

NEW:
   This document registers the Enumservices 'web' and 'ft' using
   the URI schemes 'http:', 'https:' and 'ftp:' as per the IANA
   registration process defined in the ENUM specification RFC 3761.
3833
------
2.
In Section 6.2, add to reference [15], an Informative reference [16] to RFC 
3833.
------
3.
Section 4
OLD:
This ENUMservice indicates that the resource identified by the
associated URI scheme is a file service from which a file or file
listing can be retrieved.

NEW:

This Enumservice indicates that the resource identified by the
associated URI scheme is a service usable in the manner specified
for ftp: in RFC 1738, for instance, file retrieval.

[Add a normative reference to RFC 1738].

-------
4.
Replace ENUMservice(s) and "ENUMservice(s)" with Enumservice in the
 title and throughout.  This follows the usage of RFC 3761, which
defines the term.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce