Subject: RFC 3882 on Configuring BGP to Block Denial-of-Service Attacks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:33:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3882

        Title:      Configuring BGP to Block Denial-of-Service Attacks
        Author(s):  D. Turk
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19637
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turk-bgp-dos-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3882.txt

This document describes an operational technique that uses BGP
communities to remotely trigger black-holing of a particular
destination network to block denial-of-service attacks.  Black-holing
can be applied on a selection of routers rather than all BGP-speaking
routers in the network.  The document also describes a sinkhole tunnel
technique using BGP communities and tunnels to pull traffic into a
sinkhole router for analysis.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce