Subject: Protocol Action: 'DPNSS/DASS 2 extensions to the IUA protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:55:52 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DPNSS/DASS 2 extensions to the IUA protocol '
   <draft-ietf-sigtran-dua-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Signaling Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

Technical Summary
 
This document defines a mechanism for backhauling Digital Private Network 
Signaling System 1 (DPNSS 1) and Digital Access Signaling System 2 (DASS 2) 
messages over IP by extending the ISDN User Adaptation (IUA) Layer Protocol 
defined in RFC 3057.  DPNSS 1, specified in BTNR 188, is used to interconnec
Private Branch Exchanges (PBX) in a private network and DASS 2, specified in 
BTNR 190, is used to connect PBXs to the PSTN.  This document aims to become 
an Appendix to IUA and to be the base for a DPNSS 1/DASS 2 User Adaptation 
(DUA) implementation.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The SIGTRAN Working Group supported the advancement of this document.
 
Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce