Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (xmpp)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:50:55 -0400

The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (xmpp) in the 
Applications Area has concluded.

The IESG contacts are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

The mailing list will remain active.

+++

The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (xmpp) working group was
chartered to develop an open, XML-based protocol based on Jabber Instant
Messaging and Presence technology for near real-time extensible messaging
and presence. The working group produced four Proposed Standard RFCs. RFC
3920 describes the XMPP protocol core. RFC 3921 describes extensions to and
applications of the XMPP core for instant messaging and presence. RFC 3922
describes a mapping between XMPP and the Common Presence and Instant
Messaging (CPIM) specifications. RFC 3923 describes methods of end-to-end
signing and object encryption for XMPP.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce