Subject: Protocol Action: 'Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Codepoints' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:54:32 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Codepoints '
   <draft-kompella-zinin-early-allocation-02.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
   This document specifies a method for allocation of "Standards
   Action" IANA registries in situations where it may be necessary
   to allocate a code point before publication.  It is intended to
   be used in cases where implementation and deployment experience
   is desired or required prior to publication

Working Group Summary
 
   This document is not the product of a working group.  However,
   it was discussed in the routing area and widely socialized by
   the authors before its submission.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Bill Fenner reviewed this specification for the IESG.

RFC-Editor Note:

In the second paragraph of section 1, please change:
OLD:
    To break the deadlock, "pre-RFC" implementations simply choose some
    code points

NEW:
  To break the deadlock, "pre-RFC" implementations have sometimes
  simply chosen some "seemingly unused" code points;

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce