Subject: BCP 95, RFC 3935 on A Mission Statement for the IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:43:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 95
        RFC 3935

        Title:      A Mission Statement for the IETF
        Author(s):  H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16639
        SeeAlso:    BCP 95

        I-D Tag:    draft-alvestrand-ietf-mission-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3935.txt

This memo gives a mission statement for the IETF, tries to define the
terms used in the statement sufficiently to make the mission
statement understandable and useful, argues why the IETF needs a
mission statement, and tries to capture some of the debate that led
to this point.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce