Subject: RFC 3910 on The SPIRITS (Services in PSTN requesting Internet Services) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:32:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3910

        Title:      The SPIRITS (Services in PSTN requesting Internet
                    Services) Protocol
        Author(s):  V. Gurbani, Ed., A. Brusilovsky, I. Faynberg,
                    J. Gato, H. Lu, M. Unmehopa
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 110515
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spirits-protocol-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3910.txt

This document describes the Services in PSTN (Public Switched
Telephone Network) requesting Internet Services (SPIRITS) protocol.
The purpose of the SPIRITS protocol is to support services that
originate in the cellular or wireline PSTN and necessitate
interactions between the PSTN and the Internet.  On the PSTN side, the
SPIRITS services are most often initiated from the Intelligent Network
(IN) entities.  Internet Call Waiting and Internet Caller-ID Delivery
are examples of SPIRITS services, as are location-based services on
the cellular network.  The protocol defines the building blocks from
which many other services can be built.

This document is a product of the Service in the PSTN/IN Requesting
InTernet Service Working Group.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce