Subject: RFC 3906 on Calculating Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Routes Over Traffic Engineering Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:55:26 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3906

        Title:      Calculating Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Routes
                    Over Traffic Engineering Tunnels
        Author(s):  N. Shen, H. Smit
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 18410
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rtgwg-igp-shortcut-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3906.txt

This document describes how conventional hop-by-hop link-state routing
protocols interact with new Traffic Engineering capabilities to create
Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) shortcuts.  In particular, this
document describes how Dijkstra's Shortest Path First (SPF) algorithm
can be adapted so that link-state IGPs will calculate IP routes to
forward traffic over tunnels that are set up by Traffic Engineering.

This document is a product of the Routing Area Working Group of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce