Subject: BCP 94, RFC 3934 on Updates to RFC 2418 Regarding the Management of IETF Mailing Lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:42:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 94
        RFC 3934

        Title:      Updates to RFC 2418 Regarding the Management of
                    IETF Mailing Lists
        Author(s):  M. Wasserman
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8488
        SeeAlso:    BCP 94

        I-D Tag:    draft-wasserman-rfc2418-ml-update-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3934.txt

This document is an update to RFC 2418 that gives WG chairs explicit
responsibility for managing WG mailing lists.  In particular, it
gives WG chairs the authority to temporarily suspend the mailing list
posting privileges of disruptive individuals.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce