Subject: RFC 3919 on Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) Protocol Identifiers for IPv6 and Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:41:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3919

        Title:      Remote Network Monitoring (RMON) Protocol
                    Identifiers for IPv6 and Multi Protocol Label
                    Switching (MPLS)
        Author(s):  E. Stephan, J. Palet
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14228
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmonmib-pi-ipv6-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3919.txt

This memo defines additional (to those in RFC 2896) protocol
identifier examples for IP version 6 and MPLS protocols.  These can
be used to produce valid protocolDirTable INDEX encodings, as defined
by the Remote Network Monitoring MIB (Management Information Base)
Version 2 (RFC2021) and the RMON Protocol Identifier Reference
(RFC2895).

This document contains additional (to those in RFC 2896) protocol
identifier macros for well-known protocols.  A conformant
implementation of the RMON-2 MIB (RFC2021) can be accomplished
without the use of these protocol identifiers, and accordingly, this
document does not specify any IETF standard.  It is published to
encourage better interoperability between RMON-2 agent
implementations, by providing RMON related IPv6 and MPLS protocol
information.

This document is a product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce