Subject: RFC 3918 on Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:00:29 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3918

        Title:      Methodology for IP Multicast Benchmarking
        Author(s):  D. Stopp, B. Hickman
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 64652
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-mcastm-14.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3918.txt

The purpose of this document is to describe methodology specific to
the benchmarking of multicast IP forwarding devices.  It builds upon
the tenets set forth in RFC 2544, RFC 2432 and other IETF
Benchmarking Methodology Working Group (BMWG) efforts.  This
document seeks to extend these efforts to the multicast paradigm.

The BMWG produces two major classes of documents: Benchmarking
Terminology documents and Benchmarking Methodology documents.  The
Terminology documents present the benchmarks and other related
terms.  The Methodology documents define the procedures required to
collect the benchmarks cited in the corresponding Terminology
documents.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce