Subject: RFC 3916 on Requirements for Pseudo-Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:14:34 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3916

        Title:      Requirements for Pseudo-Wire Emulation
                    Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)
        Author(s):  X. Xiao, Ed., D. McPherson, Ed., P. Pate, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43856
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3916.txt

This document describes base requirements for the Pseudo-Wire
Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group (PWE3 WG).  It provides
guidelines for other working group documents that will define
mechanisms for providing pseudo-wire emulation of Ethernet, ATM, and
Frame Relay.  Requirements for pseudo-wire emulation of TDM (i.e.,
"synchronous bit streams at rates defined by ITU G.702") are defined
in another document.  It should be noted that the PWE3 WG standardizes
mechanisms that can be used to provide PWE3 services, but not the
services themselves.

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce