Subject: RFC 3929 on Alternative Decision Making Processes for Consensus-Blocked Decisions in the IETF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:41:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3929

        Title:      Alternative Decision Making Processes
                    for Consensus-Blocked Decisions in the IETF
        Author(s):  T. Hardie
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 26493
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hardie-alt-consensus-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3929.txt

This document proposes an experimental set of alternative
decision-making processes for use in IETF working groups.  There
are a small number of cases in IETF working groups in which the
group has come to consensus that a particular decision must be made
but cannot agree on the decision itself.  This document describes
alternative mechanisms for reaching a decision in those cases.  This
is not meant to provide an exhaustive list, but to provide a known set
of tools that can be used when needed.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce