Subject: New Intellectual Property Rights Web Page

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 17:08:51 -0400

The IETF Secretariat is pleased to announce the deployment of a new intellectual
property rights Web page, the "IETF IPR Disclosure Page"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_disclosure.cgi). This new Web page
provides the following features:

* A Web interface for submitting IPR disclosures, including third-party IPR
disclosures.

* A search capability for identifying IPR disclosures related to an
Internet-Draft, RFC, or working group, or submitted by a given patent
owner/applicant, or containing key words in the document title.

* A list of all generic, specific, and third-party IPR disclosures currently on
file, with an active link to each.

The "IETF IPR Disclosure Page" replaces the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property
Rights Notices," which is no longer active.  Although the link to the latter
page (http://www.ietf.org/ipr.html) has been redirected to the new page, you may
wish to update your bookmarks to the new URL.

Although you may still submit an IPR disclosure via e-mail (by sending it to
[email-masked]), we encourage you to use the Web interface provided on the
"IETF IPR Disclosure Page."  If you use the Web interface, then you will be
prompted to enter all information specified in Section 6, "IPR Disclosures," of
RFC 3668, "Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology."  Please note that
starting today, submissions made by email that do not comply with the formal
requirements of RFC 3668 will be posted, but will be marked as "non-compliant."

If you require assistance in using this new Web page, or wish to report a bug,
then please send a message to [email-masked].

The IETF Secretariat 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce