Subject: MIME Type Registration Request Approval: application/xop+xml

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:07:18 -0500

The IESG has approved a request to register the "application/xop+xml" MIME
media type in the standards tree. This media type is a product of the World
Wide Web Consortium (W3C). 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

MIME media type name: application

MIME subtype name: xop+xml

Required parameters:

type

This parameter conveys the content type associated with the XML 
serialization of the XOP infoset, including parameters as appropriate.

Optional parameters:

charset

This parameter has identical semantics to the charset parameter of 
the "application/xml" media type as specified in RFC 3023 [RFC3023].

Encoding considerations:

Identical to those of "application/xml" as described in RFC 3023 
[RFC3023], section 3.2.

Security considerations:

In addition to application-specific considerations, XOP has the same 
security considerations described in RFC3023 [RFC3023], section 10.

Interoperability considerations:

There are no known interoperability issues.

Published specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xop10/

Applications which use this media type:

No known applications currently use this media type.

Additional information:

File extension: XOP

Fragment identifiers:

Identical to that of "application/xml" as described in RFC 3023 
[RFC3023], section 5.

Base URI:

As specified in RFC 3023 [RFC3023], section 6.

Macintosh File Type code: TEXT

Person and email address to contact for further information:

Mark Nottingham <mnot at pobox.com>

Intended usage:

COMMON

Author/Change controller:

The XOP specification is a work product of the World Wide Web 
Consortium's XML Protocol Working Group. The W3C has change control over 
this specification.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce