Subject: Call for comment: draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-06

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 07:35:41 -0500

The TOOLS team has been gathering requirements for Internet-Draft submission, as
a preparatory step to getting such a function implemented.
Their current draft is draft-ietf-tools-draft-submission-06.

>From the draft:

   Public Internet-Drafts are primary means of structured communication
   within IETF.  Current Internet-Draft submission and posting
   mechanisms hinder efficient and timely communication while creating
   unnecessary load on the IETF Secretariat.  The IETF Tools team
   recommends formalization and automation of the current mechanisms.
   This document contains specific automation requirements.

   The IETF Secretariat and many IETF participants have long been
   proponents of automation.  This document attempts to reflect their
   known needs and wishes, as interpreted by the Tools team.

The tools team and the General AD wishes to invite comments from the whole IETF
community before these requirements are regarded as a final basis for
implementation. The document may be published as an informational RFC once it is
final, but this is not a Last Call.

An open mailing list for the tools team effort is [email-masked].
The tools team is reachable at [email-masked].
Feedback may also be sent to the IETF list.

Please provide your feedback within 3 weeks - before November 24, 2004.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce