Subject: Document Action: 'Problem Statement: Mobile IPv4 Traversal of VPN Gateways' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:39:01 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Problem Statement: Mobile IPv4 Traversal of VPN Gateways '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-statement-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary
 
   Deploying Mobile-IP v4 in networks which are connected to the
   Internet through a VPN (Virtual Private Network) gateway presents
   some problems which do not currently have well-described solutions.
   This document aims to describe and illustrate these problems, and
   propose some guidelines for possible solutions.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The document was produced by a design team under the mobile-ip WG,
and also received input from non-wg members.  A security review was
done by Radia Perlman, and suggestions from that review incorporated
in the draft.  I believe the draft has been sufficiently reviewed.

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce