Subject: RFC 3937 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the International Press Telecommunications Council (IPTC)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:20:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3937

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
                    the International Press Telecommunications Council
                    (IPTC)
        Author(s):  M. Steidl
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15458
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-steidl-iptc-urn-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3937.txt

This document describes a URN (Uniform Resource Name) namespace for
identifying persistent resources published by the International Press
Telecommunications Council (IPTC).  These resources include XML Data
Type Definition files (DTD), XML Schema, Namespaces in XML, XSL
stylesheets, other XML based document and documents of other data
formats like PDF documents, Microsoft Office documents and others.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce