Subject: Protocol Action: 'Management Information Base for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Cable Modem Termination Systems for Subscriber Management' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:19:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Management Information Base for Data Over Cable Service Interface 
   Specification (DOCSIS) Cable Modem Termination Systems for Subscriber 
   Management '
   <draft-ietf-ipcdn-subscriber-mib-16.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it defines a set of managed objects for SNMP-based
   management of Data-over-Cable Service Interface Specification
   (DOCSIS)-compliant Cable Modem Termination Systems. These managed
   objects facilitate protection of the cable network from misuse by
   subscribers. The Differentiated Services MIB (RFC 3289) provides the
   filtering functions needed here, making use of classification items
   defined in this specification. 

Working Group Summary
 
   The working group has consensus on this document for publication on
   the standards track. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Mike Heard, Harrie 
   Hazewinkel and Bert Wijnen.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce