Subject: RFC 3943 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Compression Using Lempel-Ziv-Stac (LZS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:51:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3943

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol
                    Compression Using Lempel-Ziv-Stac (LZS)
        Author(s):  R. Friend
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28942
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-friend-tls-lzs-compression-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3943.txt

The Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol (RFC 2246) includes
features to negotiate selection of a lossless data compression method
as part of the TLS Handshake Protocol and then to apply the algorithm
associated with the selected method as part of the TLS Record
Protocol.  TLS defines one standard compression method, which
specifies that data exchanged via the record protocol will not be
compressed.  This document describes an additional compression method
associated with the Lempel-Ziv-Stac (LZS) lossless data compression
algorithm for use with TLS.  This document also defines the
application of the LZS algorithm to the TLS Record Protocol.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce