Subject: New NEWTRK mailing list to discuss old draft/ps specs

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:33:17 -0500

Dear all,

The NEWTRK WG has been discussing draft-ietf-newtrk-cruft-01 for
some time now. The WG has consensus that it would be worthwhile to
run an experiment to figure out whether the process suggested can
be achieved.

This is a call for participants in that experiment.

A new mailing list "[email-masked]" has been created to
discuss those documents that have not made full Internet standard and 
are beyond the time limits stated in RFC 2026. After a suitable time 
we'll organize ourselves and come up with a list of documents that we 
believe (a) should be left alone (b) should be marked Historic or (c) 
should be advanced. We'll create a record of the documents discussed 
and produce a recommendation that the NEWTRK working group will then 
consider. We are aiming to have some sampling to take to the next IETF 
meeting in Minneapolis in March.

The group will decide which documents to consider, criteria to make a
determination, and then proceed to take such actions necessary to make a
determination, perhaps iteratively, this being an experiment.

Aside from the list of documents, their outcomes, and their reasons,
hopefully the list will provide useful input into ways to update
draft-ietf-newtrk-cruft-00.txt.

I would like to invite any and all interested parties to participate.

To subscribe, go to the following web page:

http://eikenes.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/old-standards

Eliot

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce