Subject: Protocol Action: 'Terminology for Describing Internet Connectivivy' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:59:24 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Terminology for Describing Internet Connectivivy '
   <draft-klensin-ip-service-terms-04.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
 As the Internet has evolved, many types of arrangements have been
 advertised and sold as "Internet connectivity".  Because these may
 differ significantly in the capabilities they offer, the range of
 options, and the lack of any standard terminology, the effort to
 distinguish between these services has caused considerable consumer
 confusion.  This document provides a list of terms and definitions
 that may be helpful to providers, consumers, and, potentially,
 regulators in clarifying the type and character of services being
 offered.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document was received as an AD sponsored individual submission.
 No comments were received during last call.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed by David Kessens for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce