Subject: Protocol Action: 'Experimental Message, Extension and Error Codes for Mobile IPv4' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:57:05 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Experimental Message, Extension and Error Codes for Mobile IPv4 '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-experimental-messages-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary.

  This document defines experimental numbers for the Mobile IPv4
  protocol in accordance with BCP 82, RFC 3692, "Assigning Experimental
  and Testing Numbers Considered Useful".  An experimental message,
  experimental extensions (skippable and non-skippable) and experimental
  error codes are defined.

Working Group Summary

  This document is the output of the MIP4 workgroup.  The document has 
  been reviewed by workgroup members, and there is consensus to advance
  the draft.
 
Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed for the workgroup by Henrik
  Levkowetz, and for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

  The document defines experimental numbers within the existing
  numbering spaces already defined for the protocol, but no new
  protocol features.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce