Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Communities for Data Collection' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:52:39 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP Communities for Data Collection '
   <draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-06.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

RFC Editor note:

In section 2., please replace 'refered' with 'referred'.

Technical Summary
 
 BGP communities (RFC 1997) are used by service providers for many
 purposes, including tagging of customer, peer, and geographically
 originated routes.  Such tagging is typically used to control the
 scope of redistribution of routes within a provider's network, and to
 its peers and customers. With the advent of large scale BGP data
 collection (and associated research), it has become clear that the
 information carried in such communities is essential for a deeper
 understanding of the global routing system. This document defines
 standard (outbound) communities and their encodings for export to BGP
 route collectors.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the grow working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce