Subject: RFC 3924 Cisco Architecture for Lawful Intercept in IP Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:18:44 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3924

        Title:      Cisco Architecture for Lawful Intercept in IP
                    Networks
        Author(s):  F. Baker, B. Foster, C. Sharp
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40826
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-baker-slem-architecture-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3924.txt

For the purposes of this document, lawful intercept is the lawfully
authorized interception and monitoring of communications.  Service
providers are being asked to meet legal and regulatory requirements
for the interception of voice as well as data communications in IP
networks in a variety of countries worldwide.  Although requirements
vary from country to country, some requirements remain common even
though details such as delivery formats may differ.  This document
describes Cisco's Architecture for supporting lawful intercept in IP
networks.  It provides a general solution that has a minimum set of
common interfaces.  This document does not attempt to address any of
the specific legal requirements or obligations that may exist in a
particular country.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce