Subject: IETF System Status Page

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:22:44 -0500

The IETF Secretariat is pleased to announce the deployment of the "IETF
System Status Page"

   http://noc.ietf.org

The page is available via a link on the "IETF Secretariat" Web page
(http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html).

The page consists of two parts.  Part 1 is edited by the SysAdmins and Part
2 is generated from Nagios (http://www.nagios.org/), the backend monitoring
system that the Secretariat is using.  Each part contains two sub-sections.

Part 1 (SysAdmin Generated)

* Status of Critical Systems and Services
   - Notes about current issues concerning IETF systems and services,
     and acknowledgments of ongoing events or events that occurred in
     the recent past

* Ongoing Maintenance Schedule
   - Notes about ongoing projects and notices about future planned
     outages or upgrades

Part 2 (Nagios Generated)

* Status of the IETF Secretariat's Major User Services and Applications
   - Ticket Tracker
   - Internet Draft Tracker
   - Web Services (Site 1)
   - Web Services (Site 2)
   - Mail Service

* Summary Status of Hosts and their Services
   - Summary of the status of the hosts (actual and virtual) and their
     collective services.

Detailed information on each of the hosts monitored by Nagios, and the
status of their associated services, are available on a separate page,
which can be accessed by clicking on a link on the bottom of the "IETF
System Status Page."  Past announcements are also available on a
separate page.

Questions and comments should be sent to [email-masked].

Scott Blomquist for the IETF Secretariat 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce