Subject: RFC 3939 on Calling Line Identification for Voice Mail Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:18:26 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3939

        Title:      Calling Line Identification for Voice Mail
                    Messages
        Author(s):  G. Parsons, J. Maruszak
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22739
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ema-vpim-clid-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3939.txt

This document describes a method for identifying the originating
calling party in the headers of a stored voice mail message.  Two new
header fields are defined for this purpose: Caller_ID and Called_Name.
Caller_id is used to store sufficient information for the recipient to
callback, or reply to, the sender of the message.  Caller-name
provides the name of the person sending the message.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce