Subject: RFC 3944 on H.350 Directory Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:24:08 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3944

        Title:      H.350 Directory Services
        Author(s):  T. Johnson, S. Okubo, S. Campos
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 61160
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-johnson-h350-directory-serv-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3944.txt

The International Telecommunications Union Standardization Sector
(ITU-T) has created the H.350 series of Recommendations that specify
directory services architectures in support of multimedia conferencing
protocols.  The goal of the architecture is to 'directory enable'
multimedia conferencing so that these services can leverage existing
identity management and enterprise directories.  A particular goal is
to enable an enterprise or service provider to maintain a canonical
source of users and their multimedia conferencing systems, so that
multiple call servers from multiple vendors, supporting multiple
protocols, can all access the same data store.

Because SIP is an IETF standard, the contents of H.350 and H.350.4
are made available via this document to the IETF community.  This
document contains the entire normative text of ITU-T Recommendations
H.350 and H.350.4 in sections 4 and 5, respectively.  The remaining
sections are included only in this document, not in the ITU-T
version.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce