Subject: Protocol Action: 'Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML):Version 2 Specification' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 13:34:12 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML):Version 2 Specification '
   <draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary

Electronic commerce frequently requires a substantial exchange of
information in order to complete a purchase or other transaction,
especially the first time the parties communicate. A standard set of
hierarchically organized payment related information fields in an XML
syntax are defined as the second version of an Electronic Commerce
Modeling Language (ECML) so that this task can be more easily
automated, for example by wallet software.

Working Group Summary

This specification is a product of the TRADE working group.

Protocol Quality

Ned Freed and Scott Hollenbeck reviewed the specification for
the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce