Subject: Document Action: 'IAB and IESG Recommendation for IETF Administrative Restructuring' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:09:06 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IAB and IESG Recommendation for IETF Administrative Restructuring '
   <draft-iab-iesg-adminrest-rec-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Architecture Board and Internet
Engineering Steering Group. 

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes a joint recommendation of the Internet
   Architecture Board and the Internet Engineering Steering Group for
   administrative restructuring of the Internet Engineering Task Force.

   The IETF Chair has declared that the IETF has consensus on this
   recommendation; the recommendation should be published for the
   historical record.

Working Group Summary

   The call for consensus produced indications of support, and no
   objections on the IETF list. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document has received extensive review.

RFC Editor note:

Change the Abstract:
OLD:

   This document describes a joint recommendation of the Internet
   Architecture Board and the Internet Engineering Steering Group for
   administrative restructuring of the Internet Engineering Task Force.
   This recommendation will be discussed on the IETF list
   ([email-masked]), and the IETF leadership will attempt to determine if
   there is IETF consensus in going forward with this plan through a
   Last Call process.

NEW:

   This document describes a joint recommendation of the Internet
   Architecture Board and the Internet Engineering Steering Group for
   administrative restructuring of the Internet Engineering Task Force.
   The IETF Chair declared that the IETF had consensus to follow this
   recommendation on November 11, 2004. Further work has been done to
   revise and refine the structures proposed. The recommendation is being
   published for the record.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce