Subject: RFC 3965 on A Simple Mode of Facsimile Using Internet Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:27:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3965

        Title:      A Simple Mode of Facsimile Using Internet Mail
        Author(s):  K. Toyoda, H. Ohno, J. Murai, D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28157
        Obsoletes:  2305

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3965.txt

This specification provides for "simple mode" carriage of facsimile
data using Internet mail.  Extensions to this document will follow.
The current specification employs standard protocols and file formats
such as TCP/IP, Internet mail protocols, Multipurpose Internet Mail
Extensions (MIME), and Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) for Facsimile.
It can send images not only to other Internet-aware facsimile devices
but also to Internet-native systems, such as PCs with common email
readers which can handle MIME mail and TIFF for Facsimile data.  The
specification facilitates communication among existing facsimile 
devices, Internet mail agents, and the gateways which connect them.

This document is a revision of RFC 2305.  There have been no technical
changes.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax (fax) Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce