Subject: Protocol Action: 'Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail: FFPIM' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:16:52 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail: FFPIM '
   <draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Fax Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
Classic facsimile document exchange represents both a set of
technical specifications and a class of service. Previous work has
replicated some of that service class as a profile within Internet
mail.  The current specification defines "full mode" carriage of
facsimile data over the Internet, building upon that previous work
and adding the remaining functionality necessary for achieving
reliability and capability negotiation for Internet mail, on a par
with classic T.30 facsimile.  These additional features are designed
to provide the highest level of interoperability with the
standards-compliant email infrastructure and mail user agents, while
providing a level of service that approximates what is currently
enjoyed by fax users.

Working Group Summary
 
The FAX working group reached consensus to advance the document.
There were no issues raised during IETF last call.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce