Subject: MIME Type Registration Request Approval: application/csta+xml

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:20:07 -0500

The IESG has approved a request to register the "application/csta+xml"
MIME media type in the standards tree. This media type is a product of
Ecma International.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

MIME media type name: application

MIME subtype name: csta+xml

Required parameters: (none)

Optional parameters: (none)

Encoding considerations:
This content type uses XML, employing UTF-8 character encoding.

Security considerations:
This content type is designed to carry information about users involved with
communications which may be considered private information. For example, the
identity of a calling party in a voice call. This content type is also
designed to be used to control communication calls and communication devices
such as telephones.

Appropriate precautions should be taken to insure that applications
observing and controlling communications and communication devices using
CSTA are authorized to do so.

Interoperability considerations:
application/csta+xml documents are specified by the XML schemas standardized
in ECMA-323.

Published specification:
The published Standard ECMA-323 is available at:
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-323.htm

Applications which use this media type:
The application/csta+xml MIME type can be used to identify CSTA XML
(ECMA-323) instance documents.

Additional information:
CSTA XML (ECMA-323) is an application level protocol that enables an
application to control and observe communications involving various types of
media (voice calls, video calls, instant messages, Email, SMS, Page, etc.)
and devices associated with the media.

Person & email address to contact for further information:
Ecma Secretariat
Rue du Rhone114
CH-1204 Geneva
Switzerland
[email-masked]

Intended usage: common

Author/change controller:
The ECMA-323 Standard is developed and maintained by the Ecma TC32/TG11
Working Group.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce