Subject: MIME Type Registration Request Approval: application/CSTAdata+xml

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:32:41 -0500

The IESG has approved a request to register the "application/CSTAdata+xml"
MIME media type in the standards tree. This media type is a product of
Ecma International.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

MIME media type name: application

MIME subtype name: CSTAdata+xml

Required parameters: (none)

Optional parameters: (none)

Encoding considerations:
This content type uses XML, employing UTF-8 character encoding.

Security considerations:
This content type is designed to carry CSTA data types over network
protocols. Appropriate precautions should be taken to insure that
applications observing these CSTA objects are authorized to do so.

Interoperability considerations:
application/CSTAdata+xml documents are specified by the XML schemas
standardized in ECMA-323.

Published specification:
The published Standard ECMA-323 is available at:
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-323.htm

Applications which use this media type:
The application/CSTAdata+xml MIME type is used to carry CSTA data types
specified in CSTA XML (ECMA-323) over various types of network protocols.

Additional information:
CSTA XML (ECMA-323) is an application level protocol that enables an
application to control and observe communications involving various types of
media (voice calls, video calls, instant messages, Email, SMS, Page, etc.)
and devices associated with the media.

Person & email address to contact for further information:
Ecma International Helpdesk
Rue du Rhone 114
CH-1204 Geneva
Switzerland
[email-masked]

Intended usage: common

Author/change controller:
The ECMA-323 Standard is developed and maintained by the Ecma TC32/TG11
Working Group.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce