Subject: Last Call: 'Entity MIB (Version 3)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:45:38 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Entity MIB WG to consider the 
following document:

- 'Entity MIB (Version 3) '
   <draft-ietf-entmib-v3-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-02-07.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-entmib-v3-07.txt

Please note that a while back you saw an IETF Last Call for revision 
04 of this documented, then targeted at Draft Standard.  Back then,
part of this MIB module was deprecated because there were no proven
multiple interoperable implementations of those parts. 
That IETF Last Call raised a serious issue as to why we would not
recycle the new document at Proposed Standard and leave all objects
current. So this was passed back to the WG. The WG agreed to do so,
and now has added a few objects. So that explains why you see a 
renewed IETF Last Call for this document, now to recycle at PS.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce