Subject: Protocol Action: 'IAB Processes for management of liaison relationships' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:21:39 -0500

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'IAB Processes for management of liaison relationships '
   <draft-iab-liaison-mgt-03.txt> as a BCP
- 'Procedures for handling liaison statements to and from the IETF '
   <draft-baker-liaison-statements-04.txt> as a BCP

These documents are products of the Internet Architecture Board. 

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary

   The first document in the set discusses the procedures the IAB uses to
   select organizations to form and maintain liaison relationships with.  It
   further discusses the expectations that the IAB has of such
   organizations and of the people assigned to manage those
   relationships.

   The second document describes a proposed procedure for proper handling
   of incoming liaison statements from other standards development
   organizations (SDOs), consortia, and industry fora, and for generating
   liaison statements to be transmitted from IETF/ISOC to other SDOs,
   consortia and industry fora. The intent is that the IETF will switch
   to this process as soon as support is available for it.

Working Group Summary

   These documents were developed under the supervision of the IAB.
   There were no negative Last Call comments.
 
Protocol Quality

   The spec has been reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce