Subject: Protocol Action: 'Algorithms for Internet Key Exchange version 1 (IKEv1)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:01:58 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Algorithms for Internet Key Exchange version 1 (IKEv1) '
   <draft-hoffman-ikev1-algorithms-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

Technical Summary

  The required and suggested algorithms in the original IKEv1
  specification do not reflect the current reality of IPsec market.  It
  requires allowing weak security and suggests algorithms that are
  rarely implemented.  This document updates the original specification
  and is intended for all IKEv1 implementations.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not affiliated with any WG, although the IPsec WG did
  have the opportunity to review it.  In fact, it was modified based on
  some comments posted to the IPsec WG mail list.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce