Subject: Call for Nominations: IETF-Nominated ISOC Trustee

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:45:06 -0500

Call for Nominations: IETF-Nominated ISOC Trustee 

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the
IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),
with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one
Trustee each year.

A description of the process for selecting the Trustee each year can
be found in RFC3677.

Timetable
---------

  The timeline the IAB is using this year is as follows:

  January 14:   Open nominations period

  February 25:  Close of nominations period.
                Publication of list of nominated candidates
                IAB commences consideration of candidates

  On or before
  March 25:     IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation

  On or before
  April 29:     Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC
                Elections Committee for announcement with the rest
                of the new ISOC BoT slate

Nominations
-----------

  Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB,
  [email-masked].

Nomination Details
-----------------

  Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three
  year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees
  elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal
  management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
  in 2 to 3 Board meetings per year. The desirable characteristics of
  a candidate that are specific to the IETF's selected ISOC BoT member
  are outlined in section 2 of RFC 3677.

  Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

    1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this
       process.

    2. Full name and contact information.

    3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
       appropriate level of time to activities associated with the
       position of Trustee.

    4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

    5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,
       goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

    6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB in
       considering your nomination.

Care of Personal Information
----------------------------

  The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this
  process:

    - The candidate's name will be published, with all other
      candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

    - Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the
      nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the
      confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain
      confidentiality of the candidate's information

    - Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB
      during this process will be kept as confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Nominated Trustees
-------------------------------

  The current IETF-Appointed ISOC Trustees and their term of
  appointment are:

    Fred Baker          2002 - 2005 (*)

    Margaret Wasserman  2003 - 2006

    Eric Huizer         2004 - 2007

      (*) Current term expires in 2005

Leslie Daigle,
Chair, IAB 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce