Subject: Document Action: 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Certification Path Building' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:08:10 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Certification Path Building '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

Technical Summary

  This document provides guidance and recommendations to developers who
  need to build X.509 public-key certification paths within their
  applications.  By following the guidance and recommendations defined
  in this document, an application developer is more likely to develop a
  robust X.509 certificate-enabled application that can build valid
  certification paths in a wide range of PKI environments.

Working Group Summary

  The PKIX Working Group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce