Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling Usage and Extensions for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:58:41 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling Usage and Extensions 
   for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
   The Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) suite of 
   protocols has been defined to control different switching 
   technologies as well as different applications. These include support 
   for requesting Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) connections including 
   Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy 
   (SDH) and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs). 
   This document concentrates on the signaling aspects of the GMPLS 
   suite of protocols. It identifies the features to be covered by the 
   GMPLS signaling protocol to support the capabilities of an 
   Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON). This document provides 
   a problem statement and additional requirements on the GMPLS 
   signaling protocol to support the ASON functionality. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is the product of a design team that included IETF and ITU
 members. The goal of the document was to represent requirements for ASON
 networks received from ITU in a liaison statement in the form understandable
 for a usual IETF participant.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document has been reviewed for IESG by Alex Zinin. Adrian Farrel
 followed up with the WG on the provided comments.

IANA Note

  This document makes no request of and places no requirements
  on IANA.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce