Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transmission of IP over InfiniBand' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:43:59 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transmission of IP over InfiniBand '
   <draft-ietf-ipoib-ip-over-infiniband-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP over InfiniBand Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

    This document specifies a method for encapsulating and transmitting
    IPv4/IPv6 and Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) packets over
    InfiniBand (IB). It describes the link layer address to be used when
    resolving the IP addresses in "IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB)" subnets.
    The document also describes the mapping from IP multicast addresses
    to InfiniBand multicast addresses.  Additionally this document
    defines the setup and configuration of IPoIB links.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was produced by the IPOIB Working Group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce