Subject: Protocol Action: 'Protocol extensions for support of Differentiated-Service-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:26:13 -0500

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Protocol extensions for support of Differentiated-Service-aware MPLS Traffic 
   Engineering '
   <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Maximum Allocation Bandwidth Constraints Model for Diff-Serv-aware MPLS 
   Traffic Engineering '
   <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mam-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Max Allocation with Reservation Bandwidth Constraint Model for MPLS/DiffServ 
   TE & Performance Comparisons '
   <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-06.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Russian Dolls Bandwidth Constraints Model for Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic 
   Engineering '
   <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC

These documents are products of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and Alex Zinin.

Technical Summary
 
  The 'Protocol extensions for support of Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic 
  Engineering' document specifies the protocol extensions for support
  of Differentiated-Service-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering (DS-TE).
  This includes generalization of the semantic of a number of IGP
  extensions already defined for existing MPLS Traffic Engineering in
  RFC3630 and RFC-to-be-for 'IS-IS extensions for Traffic Engineering'
  as well as additional IGP extensions beyond those. This also
  includes extensions to RSVP-TE signaling beyond those already
  specified in RFC3209 for existing MPLS Traffic Engineering. These
  extensions address the Requirements for DS-TE spelt out in RFC3564. 

  The 3 Bandwidth Constraint Model documents describe 3 different 
  experimental models for use with the specified (standards track) 
  protocol extensions.

Working Group Summary
 
  It took quite some time, but the WG has consensus to publish the 
  protocol document as a standards track RFC and the 3 Bandwidth
  Constraint Model documents as experimental RFCs.

Protocol Quality
 
  These documents have been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.
  The WG Last Call was also send to the isis, ospf, mpls and ccamp
  Working Groups for proper review in those WGs.

RFC-Editor notes:

1. In document <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-08.txt>
   Please move this reference:

    [DIFF-ARCH] Blake et al., "An Architecture for Differentiated
    Services", RFC2475.

   from the normative references section (page 28) into the 
   informative references section (page 28/29):

2. In document <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mar-06.txt>
   Sect 10 IANA Considerations Section, pls change:

   OLD:
     Id for MAR from the range 0-127 (which is to be managed as per the
   NEW:
     Id for MAR from the range 0-239 (which is to be managed as per the
   
3. In document <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-mam-04.txt>
   Sect 8 IANA Cosiderations, pls change:

   OLD:
     Constraints Model Id for MAM from the range 0-127 (which is to be
   NEW:
     Constraints Model Id for MAM from the range 0-239 (which is to be

4. In document <draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-07.txt>
   Sect 9 IANA Cosiderations, pls change:

   OLD:
      Constraints Model Id for RDM from the range 0-127 (which is to be
   NEW:
      Constraints Model Id for RDM from the range 0-239 (which is to be

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce