Subject: RFC 3976 on Interworking SIP and Intelligent Network (IN) Applications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:39:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3976

        Title:      Interworking SIP and Intelligent Network (IN)
                    Applications
        Author(s):  V. K. Gurbani, F. Haerens, V. Rastogi
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 60191
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gurbani-sin-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3976.txt

Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) services such as 800-number
routing (freephone), time-and-day routing, credit-card calling,
and virtual private network (mapping a private network number into a
public number) are realized by the Intelligent Network (IN).  This
document addresses means to support existing IN services from Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) endpoints for an IP-host-to-phone call.
The call request is originated on a SIP endpoint, but the services to
the call are provided by the data and procedures resident in the
PSTN/IN.  To provide IN services in a transparent manner to SIP
endpoints, this document describes the mechanism for interworking SIP
and Intelligent Network Application Part (INAP).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce