Subject: Status of

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:00:33 -0500

Greetings,

On December 9, 2004, a Last Call, ending January 6, 2005, was issued on the
document "draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02".

A vigorous debate resulted on the IETF list, and several new versions were
published - the last one being draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-07, published on Friday,
February 11, 2005

I believe that this document now represents an IETF consensus (rough in some
places, but rather smooth on the general principles), and that this is now ready
for formal approval by the IESG and for the ISOC BoT to state its agreement on
it.

In light of the importance we attach to this document, formal IESG approval
will not be announced before February 18, 2005 - seven days after the last
version of the document was published.

The debate on the document can be found in the archives of the IETF list, and
in the issue tracker maintained for the document - this can be located via the
"AdminRest" page on <http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/adminrest/>. I encourage
people to review these archives.

                         Harald Alvestrand

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce