Subject: The IASA BCP has been approved

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:45:37 -0500

After listening to the community discussion, the IESG has approved the document
draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-07, and the ISOC BoT has accepted the document, thereby
starting the formal process of establishing the IASA.

The text of ISOC's resolution was:

    RESOLVED, that the Board accepts the document "Structure of the IETF
    Administrative Support Activity (IASA) and accepts the responsibilities
    of ISOC described in this document.  The Board directs the CEO to
    propose any necessary updates to the 2005 budget and perform such
    actions as are necessary to carry it out.

The IAB supports the document going forward as the next step in the IETF's
administrative restructuring process, and is ready to undertake the roles and
responsibilities assigned to it by the document.

This clears the way for the next steps in the process.

The words in the document regarding the start-up process are:

2.5  Effective Date for Commencement of IASA

   The procedures in this document shall become operational after this
   document has been approved by the process defined in BCP 9 [RFC2026],
   including its acceptance as an IETF process BCP by the ISOC Board of
   Trustees, and the ISOC Board of Trustees has confirmed its acceptance
   of ISOC's responsibilities under the terms herein described.

4.1  Initial IAOC Selection

   The initial IAOC selection will start after this document is approved
   as a BCP by the IESG and accepted by the ISOC Board of Trustees.  The
   IESG, IAB, and ISOC Board of Trustees should make their selections
   within 45-days of BCP approval, and the NomCom should make their
   selections as quickly as possible while complying with the documented
   NomCom procedures.  The IAOC will become active as soon as a majority
   (three or more) of the appointed members have been selected.

The IESG, the IAB, the Nomcom and the ISOC BoT will all start their selection
processes as soon as possible.

           Harald Alvestrand               Fred Baker
            IETF Chair                     ISOC BoT chair

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce