Subject: Protocol Action: 'Addition of SEED Ciphersuites to Transport Layer Security (TLS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:06:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Addition of SEED Ciphersuites to Transport Layer Security (TLS) '
   <draft-lee-tls-seed-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

Technical Summary
 
  This document proposes the addition of new cipher suites to the
  TLS protocol to support the SEED encryption algorithm as a bulk
  cipher algorithm.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This is an individual submission.  The TLS WG was givien an
  opportunity to review the document, and they had no concerns.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

  Please remove the unused reference: [SEED].  Also, move the
  [TTASEED] reference, so that it becomes a normative reference.
  The revised Normative Reference should be as follows:

   [RFC2119]   S. Bradner, "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
               Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

   [TLS]       T. Dierks, and C. Allen, "The TLS Protocol Version 1.0",
               RFC 2246, January 1999.

   [TTASSEED]  Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA),
               South Korea, "128-bit Symmetric Block Cipher (SEED)",
               TTAS.KO-12.0004, September, 1998 (In Korean)
               http://www.tta.or.kr/English/new/main/index.htm

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce