Subject: Protocol Action: 'Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA)' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:38:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Structure of the IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) '
   <draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-07.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Harald Alvestrand.

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes the structure of the IETF Administrative
   Support Activity (IASA) as an IETF-controlled activity housed within
   the Internet Society (ISOC) legal umbrella.  It defines the roles and
   responsibilities of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee
   (IAOC), the IETF Administrative Director (IAD), and ISOC in the
   fiscal and administrative support of the IETF standards process.  It
   also defines the membership and selection rules for the IAOC.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the result of a long process of IETF-wide consensus
   building, which has mainly taken place on the IETF list.
   I think it is fair to say that every word of this document has been
   scrutinized by many people, and many points have been raised and resolved.
   Issue tracking at https://rt.psg.com/, queue iasa-bcp.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Harald Alvestrand reviewed this document for the IESG.
   NOTE: At the time of issuing this ballot, not all issues are resolved,
   and not all resolutions are reflected in the document.
   See tracker NOTE field for current status.

IANA Note

   This document does not instruct IANA to do anything.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce