Subject: Document Action: 'Proposed changes to the format of the IANA IPv6 Registry' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:35:15 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Proposed changes to the format of the IANA IPv6 Registry '
   <draft-huston-ip6-iana-registry-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary
 
   This document proposes a revised format for the IANA IPv6 address
   registries.  Rather than a formal definition of the format, it is
   described by giving examples of the (current as of publication of
   this document) contents of the registries in the proposed format.
   The proposed format would bring the IANA IPv6 address registries
   into alignment with the current IPv6 Address Architecture
   specification, as well as aligning it to the format used for the
   IANA IPv4 address registry.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is an independent submission, but has been reviewed by
 the v6ops and IPv6 WGs. The document was also reviewed by IANA and the RIRs
 were given an opportunity to provide feedback.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce