Subject: RFC 3994 on Indication of Message Composition for Instant Messaging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:43:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3994

        Title:      Indication of Message Composition for
                    Instant Messaging
        Author(s):  H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 27472
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-iscomposing-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3994.txt

In instant messaging (IM) systems, it is useful to know during an IM
conversation whether the other party is composing a message; e.g.,
typing or recording an audio message.  This document defines a new
status message content type and XML namespace that conveys
information about a message being composed.  The status message can
indicate the composition of a message of any type, including text,
voice, or video.  The status messages are delivered to the instant
messaging recipient in the same manner as the instant messages
themselves.

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce