Subject: RFC 3980 on T11 Network Address Authority (NAA) Naming Format for iSCSI Node Names

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:50:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3980

        Title:      T11 Network Address Authority (NAA) Naming Format
                    for iSCSI Node Names
        Author(s):  M. Krueger, M. Chadalapaka, R. Elliott
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14056
        Updates:    3720

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-name-ext-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3980.txt

Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) is a SCSI transport
protocol that maps the SCSI family of protocols onto TCP/IP.  This
document defines an additional iSCSI node name type
format to enable use of the "Network Address Authority" (NAA)
worldwide naming format defined by the InterNational Committee for
Information Technology Standards (INCITS) T11 - Fibre Channel
(FC) protocols and used by Serial Attached SCSI (SAS).  This
document updates RFC 3720.

This document is a product of the IP Storage Working Group of the
IETF. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce