Subject: Document Action: 'Voucher Trading System Application Programming Interface (VTS-API)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 12:31:34 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Voucher Trading System Application Programming Interface (VTS-API) '
   <draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies the Voucher Trading System Application
Programming Interface (VTS-API).  The VTS-API allows a wallet or
other application to issue, transfer, and redeem vouchers in a
uniform manner independent of the VTS implementation.  The VTS is a
system to securely transfer vouchers, e.g., coupons, tickets, loyalty
points, and gift certificates; this process is often necessary in the
course of payment and/or delivery transactions.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The TRADE working group reached consensus on a decision to publish
this document in 2003.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

IESG Note

This document is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
This document specifies the Voucher Trading System Application
Programming Interface (VTS-API), which assumes that the VTS plug-in
is trusted by its user.  The application making calls to VTS-API
ought to authenticate the VTS plug-in and securely bind the plug-in
with the VTS provider information specified in the Voucher Component.
However, this document does not specify an approach to application
authentication.  The VTS-API should not be used without being augmented
by an application authentication mechanism.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce