Subject: RFC 3989 on Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) Protocol Semantics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:30:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3989

        Title:      Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM)
                    Protocol Semantics
        Author(s):  M. Stiemerling, J. Quittek, T. Taylor
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      70
        Characters: 160606
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-midcom-semantics-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3989.txt

This memo specifies semantics for a Middlebox Communication (MIDCOM)
protocol to be used by MIDCOM agents for interacting with
middleboxes such as firewalls and Network Address Translators
(NATs).  The semantics discussion does not include any specification
of a concrete syntax or a transport protocol.  However, a concrete
protocol is expected to implement the specified semantics or, more
likely, a superset of it.  The MIDCOM protocol semantics is derived
from the MIDCOM requirements, from the MIDCOM framework, and from
working group decisions.

This document is a product of the Middlebox Communication Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce