Subject: RFC 3949 on File Format for Internet Fax

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:07:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3949

        Title:      File Format for Internet Fax
        Author(s):  R. Buckley, D. Venable, L. McIntyre, G. Parsons,
                    J. Rafferty
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      84
        Characters: 204903
        Obsoletes:  2301

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-14.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3949.txt

This document is a revised version of RFC 2301.  The revisions,
summarized in the list attached as Annex B, are based
on discussions and suggestions for improvements that have been
made since RFC 2301 was issued in March 1998, and on the results of
independent implementations and interoperability testing.

This RFC 2301 revision describes the Tag Image File Format (TIFF)
representation of image data specified by the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) Recommendations for black-and-white
and color facsimile.  This file format specification is commonly known
as TIFF for Fax eXtended (TIFF-FX).  It formally defines minimal,
extended, and lossless Joint Bi-level Image experts Group (JBIG)
profiles (Profiles S, F, J) for black-and-white fax and base JPEG,
lossless JBIG, and Mixed Raster Content profiles (Profiles C, L, M)
for color and grayscale fax.  These profiles correspond to the content
of the applicable ITU-T Recommendations.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce