Subject: RFC 3992 on Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) Lockstep State Reporting Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:26:01 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3992

        Title:      Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
                    Lockstep State Reporting Mechanism
        Author(s):  B. Foster, F. Andreasen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-foster-mgcp-lockstep-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3992.txt

A Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) endpoint that has encountered
an adverse failure condition (such as being involved in a transient
call when a Call Agent failover occurred) could be left in a lockstep
state whereby events are quarantined but not notified.  The MGCP
package described in this document provides a mechanism for reporting
these situations so that the new Call Agent can take the necessary
fault recovery procedures.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce