Subject: RFC 3957 on Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Registration Keys for Mobile IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 21:55:54 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3957

        Title:      Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
                    (AAA) Registration Keys for Mobile IPv4
        Author(s):  C. Perkins, P. Calhoun
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 63576
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-aaa-key-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3957.txt

Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) servers, such as
RADIUS and DIAMETER, are in use within the Internet today to provide
authentication and authorization services for dial-up computers.
Mobile IP for IPv4 requires strong authentication between the mobile
node and its home agent.  When the mobile node shares an AAA Security
Association with its home AAA server, however, it is possible to use
that AAA Security Association to create derived Mobility Security
Associations between the mobile node and its home agent, and again
between the mobile node and the foreign agent currently offering
connectivity to the mobile node.  This document specifies extensions
to Mobile IP registration messages that can be used to create Mobility
Security Associations between the mobile node and its home agent,
and/or between the mobile node and a foreign agent.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce