Subject: RFC 3995 on Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Event Notifications and Subscriptions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:21:14 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3995

        Title:      Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):
                    Event Notifications and Subscriptions
        Author(s):  R. Herriot, T. Hastings
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      95
        Characters: 223294
        Updates:    2911, 2910

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-12.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3995.txt

This document describes an OPTIONAL extension to the Internet
Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics (RFC 2911, RFC 2910).
This extension allows a client to subscribe to printing related
Events.  Subscriptions are modeled as Subscription Objects.  The
Subscription Object specifies that when one of the specified Events
occurs, the Printer delivers an asynchronous Event Notification to
the specified Notification Recipient via the specified Push or Pull
Delivery Method (i.e., protocol).

A client associates Subscription Objects with a particular Job by
performing the Create-Job-Subscriptions operation or by submitting a
Job with subscription information.  A client associates Subscription
Objects with the Printer by performing a Create-Printer-Subscriptions
operation.  Four other operations are defined for Subscription
Objects: Get-Subscriptions-Attributes, Get-Subscriptions,
Renew-Subscription, and Cancel-Subscription.

This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce