Subject: RFC 4038 on Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:13:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4038

        Title:      Application Aspects of IPv6 Transition
        Author(s):  M-K. Shin, Ed., Y-G. Hong, J. Hagino, P. Savola,
                    E. M. Castro
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 69727
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-application-transition-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4038.txt

As IPv6 networks are deployed and the network transition is discussed,
one should also consider how to enable IPv6 support in applications
running on IPv6 hosts, and the best strategy to develop IP protocol
support in applications.  This document specifies scenarios and
aspects of application transition.  It also proposes guidelines on
how to develop IP version-independent applications during the
transition period.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce