Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of MIB Documents' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:21:54 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of MIB Documents '
   <draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-04.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Operations & Management Open Area. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

Technical Summary
 
   This memo provides guidelines for authors and reviewers of IETF
   standards-track specifications containing MIB modules.  Applicable
   portions may used as a basis for reviews of other MIB documents.
 
Working Group Summary

   This document is not a product of any IETF Working Group.  It has
   been developed among the MIB Doctors (with input from the 
   community). The MIB Doctors have used revisions 2 and 3 to their
   MIB Doctor review in an effort to be more consistent in their 
   review and in an effort to help MIB document authors/editors to 
   better understand why MIB Doctors have specific comments on 
   their document.

Protocol Quality
 
   This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen.
   The process and guidelines described in this document have also
   been used by the MIB Doctors for more than a year and the MIB
   Doctors also believe that this document is now ready for BCP.

RFC Editor Note
 
   The document needs these changes:

      There are a number of citations (and references) to RFC3907
      and RFC3908. These were made while those (3907 and 3908)
      were in AUTH48.
      They need to be replaced by the final rfcs: RFC3978 and RFC3979.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce