Subject: BCP 100, RFC 4020 on Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Code Points

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:50:14 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 100
        RFC 4020

        Title:      Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track
                    Code Points
        Author(s):  K. Kompella, A. Zinin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13706
        SeeAlso:    BCP 100

        I-D Tag:    draft-kompella-zinin-early-allocation-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4020.txt

This memo discusses earlier allocation of code points by IANA as a
remedy to the problem created by the "Standards Action" IANA policy
for protocols for which, by the IETF process, implementation and
deployment experience is desired or required prior to publication.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce