Subject: Protocol Action: 'Removing a Restriction on the use of MPLS Explicit NULL' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:21:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Removing a Restriction on the use of MPLS Explicit NULL '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-explicit-null-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
   The label stack encoding for MPLS (Multi-protocol Label Switching)
   defines a reserved label value known as "IPv4 Explicit NULL" and a
   reserved label value known as "IPv6 Explicit NULL".  Previously,
   these labels were only legal when they occurred at the bottom of the
   MPLS label stack.  This restriction is now removed, so that these
   label values may legally occur anywhere in the stack.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group had a consensus on advancing this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The Document has been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin. The document
 has been reviewed by the RTG area directorate (Danny McPherson).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce