Subject: IRTF Chair

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:39:51 -0500

As minuted for the October 2004 IAB meeting, Vern Paxson
has decided to step down as IRTF Chair, effective this
IETF meeting.

The IAB would like to thank Vern for his 3 years of outstanding
service in the IRTF Chair role, and we are pleased to announce the
selection of Aaron Falk as the new IRTF Chair.   Aaron has
been an active member of the IETF community for almost a decade,
including his current roles as DCCP WG chair and member of
the RFC Editor group at ISI.  A brief synopsis of Aaron's
bio is provided below. 

The IAB has spent some months reviewing the IRTF structure
with Vern (see draft-iab-irtf-00.txt), and we look forward
to continuing to refine the IRTF with Aaron.

Leslie Daigle,
for the IAB.

=======

Aaron Falk is a computer scientist conducting network research at USC
Information Sciences Institute.  His interests include network
architecture, congestion control, and satellite networking.  Aaron has
been involved in the IETF since 1996, chairing the TCPSAT, PILC, and
DCCP working groups and the RFC Editor contract at ISI.  Aaron's
background is in satellite system design and he developed satellite
network architectures at TRW, Hughes, and PanAmSat.  While at the
University of Maryland, Aaron designed and implemented a system to
provide broadband Internet access with a receive-only satellite dish.
Aaron's current projects include implementing XCP, a new congestion
control protocol, and exploring performance and functional issues when
Internet protocols traverse packet-switching satellites.

http://www.isi.edu/~falk

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce