Subject: [mpls] RFC 4023 on Encapsulating MPLS in IP or Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:05:48 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4023

        Title:      Encapsulating MPLS in IP or Generic Routing
                    Encapsulation (GRE)
        Author(s):  T. Worster, Y. Rekhter, E. Rosen, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31696
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-in-ip-or-gre-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4023.txt

Various applications of MPLS make use of label stacks with multiple
entries.  In some cases, it is possible to replace the top label of
the stack with an IP-based encapsulation, thereby enabling the
application to run over networks that do not have MPLS enabled in
their core routers.  This document specifies two IP-based
encapsulations: MPLS-in-IP and MPLS-in-GRE (Generic Routing
Encapsulation).  Each of these is applicable in some circumstances.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

..

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce