Subject: RFC 4017 on Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method Requirements for Wireless LANs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:48:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4017

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
                    Method Requirements for Wireless LANs
        Author(s):  D. Stanley, J. Walker, B. Aboba
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22183
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-walker-ieee802-req-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4017.txt

The IEEE 802.11i MAC Security Enhancements Amendment makes use of
IEEE 802.1X, which in turn relies on the Extensible Authentication
Protocol (EAP).  This document defines requirements for EAP methods
used in IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN deployments.  The material in this
document has been approved by IEEE 802.11 and is being presented
as an IETF RFC for informational purposes.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce