Subject: RFC 3985 on Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 22:01:03 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3985

        Title:      Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3)
                    Architecture
        Author(s):  S. Bryant, Ed., P. Pate, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 95062
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3985.txt

This document describes an architecture for Pseudo Wire Emulation
Edge-to-Edge (PWE3).  It discusses the emulation of services such as
Frame Relay, ATM, Ethernet, TDM, and SONET/SDH over packet switched
networks (PSNs) using IP or MPLS.  It presents the architectural
framework for pseudo wires (PWs), defines terminology, and specifies
the various protocol elements and their functions.

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce