Subject: RFC 3998 on Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Administrative Operations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:26:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3998

        Title:      Internet Printing Protocol (IPP):
                    Job and Printer Administrative Operations
        Author(s):  C. Kugler, H. Lewis, T. Hastings, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 109658
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3998.txt

This document specifies the following 16 additional OPTIONAL system
administration operations for use with the Internet Printing
Protocol/1.1 (IPP), plus a few associated
attributes, values, and status codes, and using
the IPP Printer object to manage printer fan-out and fan-in.

   Printer operations:                       Job operations:
   Enable-Printer and Disable-Printer        Reprocess-Job
   Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job           Cancel-Current-Job
   Hold-New-Jobs and Release-Held-New-Jobs   Suspend-Current-Job
   Deactivate-Printer and Activate-Printer   Resume-Job
   Restart-Printer                           Promote-Job
   Shutdown-Printer and Startup-Printer      Schedule-Job-After

This document is a product of the Internet Printing Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce