Subject: Invitation to the ITU-T Workshop on NGN in Collaboration with the IETF

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:10:19 -0500

The ITU-T will hold a workshop on NGN (Next Generation Network)
together with the IETF 1-2 May, 2005, Geneva, Switzerland. Attendance
is open to all IETF participants and is free of charge. The deadline
for registration is 15 April 2005. Registration and other information
is available at:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/ngn/200505/index.html

(Be sure to look at the convening letter for more links).

The workshop will also serve as an important meeting point for ITU-T
and IETF management.

The overall objectives of the workshop are to explore specific NGN
issues that impact both the ITU-T and the IETF to better understand
the work underway in the two organizations and to identify areas where
actions could be taken between the ITU-T and IETF to further
coordinate their work.

Six sessions will each be co-chaired by an ITU representative and an
IETF representative. Topics will include (not final) requirements and
functional architecture; nomadicity and mobility; QoS, control and
signalling capabilities; network management; security capabilities, and
evolution.

Objectives:

o To explore specific NGN issues that impact both the ITU-T and the IETF
to better understand the work underway in the two organizations; and

o To identify those areas where actions could be taken between the ITU-T
and the IETF to further should coordinate their NGN-related work, and
to seek to reach agreement on any actions to be taken to coordinate
the work of the two organizations and perhaps establish joint
activities.

If a personal invitation letter is needed, please contact Allison
Mankin ([email-masked]) immediately, who will arrange for an
invitation from the ITU Secretariat.

IETF organizing committee:

Loa Andersson, IAB
Scott Bradner, IETF Liaison to ITU-T
Scott Brim, IETF Liaison to ITU-T NGN Activity
Brian Carpenter, IETF Chair
Russ Housley, IESG Security Area Director
Leslie Daigle, IAB Chair
Allison Mankin, Transport Area Director (organizing committee chair)
Dave Meyer, IAB
Jon Peterson, IESG Transport Area Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce