Subject: New BOF in Internet Area - SHIM6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:46:14 -0500

Site MultiHoming by IPv6 InterMediation BOF (shim6)

Friday, March 11 at 0900-1130
=============================

CHAIRS: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
        Kurtis Lindqvist <[email-masked]> 
       
AGENDA:

1. Administrivia, Chairs (5 mins)
   - Agenda
   - Scribes

1. Introduction, Charis (5 mins)

2. shim6 solutions architecture overview, Geoff Huston
   draft-huston-l3shim-arch-00.txt (15 mins)

3. review proposed charter, Chairs (25 mins)

3.1 General goals and scope
3.2 Specific deliverables and milestones

4. AOB, chairs (10 mins)
   - Next steps

DESCRIPTION:

The multi6 WG was tasked with investigating solutions to the site 
multihoming problem that will allow the global routing system to
scale. The outcome of the multi6 WG is a specific network layer shim
architecture for addressing and address handling of sites and nodes. 
This includes switching to different locator addresses when connectivity 
changes, but without the changes of address being visible to upper layers, 
which see a fixed Upper Layer Identifier address (ULID).

The proposed shim6 WG is to complete this work with the required protocol
developments and complete the architecture and security analysis of the
required protocols.

Interim mailing list for pre-discussion: [email-masked]

Join by sending "subscribe shim6" to [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce