Subject: RFC 4026 on Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Network (VPN) Terminology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:40:23 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4026

        Title:      Provider Provisioned Virtual Private Network (VPN)
                    Terminology
        Author(s):  L. Andersson, T. Madsen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 42124
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-ppvpn-terminology-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4026.txt

The widespread interest in provider-provisioned Virtual Private
Network (VPN) solutions lead to memos proposing different and
overlapping solutions.  The IETF working groups (first Provider
Provisioned VPNs and later Layer 2 VPNs and Layer 3 VPNs) have
discussed these proposals and documented specifications.  This has
lead to the development of a partially new set of concepts used to
describe the set of VPN services.

To a certain extent, more than one term covers the same
concept, and sometimes the same term covers more than one concept.
This document seeks to make the terminology in the
area clearer and more intuitive.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce