Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generic Message Exchange Authentication For SSH' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:53:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generic Message Exchange Authentication For SSH '
   <draft-ietf-secsh-auth-kbdinteract-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Shell Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

Technical Summary

  Secure Shell (SSH) is a protocol for secure remote login and other
  secure network services over an insecure network.  This document
  describes a general purpose authentication method for the SSH
  protocol, suitable for interactive authentications where the
  authentication data should be entered via a keyboard.  The major goal
  of this method is to allow the SSH client to support a whole class of
  authentication mechanisms without knowing the specifics of the actual
  authentication mechanisms.

Working Group Summary

  The SecSH Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce