Subject: Protocol Action: 'Basic Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:26:56 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Basic Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-mech-v2-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies IPv4 compatibility mechanisms that can be
 implemented by IPv6 hosts and routers.  Two mechanisms are specified,
 "dual stack" and configured tunneling.  Dual stack implies providing
 complete implementations of both versions of the Internet Protocol
 (IPv4 and IPv6) and configured tunneling provides a means to carry
 IPv6 packets over unmodified IPv4 routing infrastructures.

 This document obsoletes RFC 2893.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed by David Kessens.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce