Subject: RFC 4045 on Extensions to Support Efficient Carrying of Multicast Traffic in Layer-2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:07:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4045

        Title:      Extensions to Support Efficient Carrying of
                    Multicast Traffic in Layer-2 Tunneling Protocol
                    (L2TP)
        Author(s):  G. Bourdon
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 59140
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-mcast-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4045.txt

The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) provides a method for
tunneling PPP packets.  This document describes an extension to L2TP,
to make efficient use of L2TP tunnels within the context of deploying
multicast services whose data will have to be conveyed by these
tunnels.

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol
Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce