Subject: Document Action: 'A URN Namespace for the TV-Anytime Forum' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:25:35 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A URN Namespace for the TV-Anytime Forum '
   <draft-kameyama-tv-anytime-urn-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace that
   is engineered by the TV-Anytime Forum for naming persistent resources
   published by the TV-Anytime Forum including the TV-Anytime Forum
   Standards, XML (Extensible Markup Language) Document Type
   Definitions, XML Schemas, Namespaces, and other documents.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This is the product of an external body, rather than an IETF working group.
It was reviewed by the URN-NID list, as required for all URN registrations.
 
Protocol Quality
 
On the URN-NID list, Michael Mealling reviewed the document.  Ted Hardie
reviewed the document for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

OLD:

NEW:

4. Community Considerations

   The names in this namespace are to be used in any public
   implementations of the TV-Anytime Forum specifications so that
   anybody can benefit from the officially assigned namespace.

   Potential beneficiary communities include:

   a) Implementers of the TV-Anytime specifications.

      Resources that comply with the TV-Anytime Forum specifications
      (including TV-Anytime schemas, instance documents that comply with
      TV-Anytime schemas and TV-Anytime default Classification Schemes)
      may, by means of the registered namespace, become exposed to the
      general Internet and gain from the interoperability benefits of
      the Internet at large.

   b) Implementers of other specifications that incorporate components
      of the TV-Anytime specifications.

      URNs used to identify TV-Anytime components may be used to enable
      their inclusion in, and enhancement of, other specifications while
      maintaining, to a certain degree, interoperability with the TV-
      Anytime community (see a) above).

   c) Implementers of other semantically related specifications that do
      not directly incorporate components of the TV-Anytime specifica-
      tions.

      URNs used to identify components of the TV-Anytime specifications,
      such as identifiers of terms within default Classification
      Schemes, may enable interoperation with other semantically deter-
      mined specifications (including present and future meta-
      data/resource description and ontology specifications) of rele-
      vance to TV-Anytime implementation communities (see a) and b)
      above).

5. Namespace Considerations

   This application requires a unique namespace because the assignment
   mechanism requires delegation to the TV-Anytime Forum.  As a 
   namespace used to identify components of the TV-Anytime specifications,
   the TV-Anytime Forum will manage the inter-relationship of the components 
   and the uniqueness of the identifiers

IANA Note

The IANA considerations section should read:  Please add an entry to the URN
registry when the NID is approved

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce