Subject: RFC 4049 on BinaryTime: An Alternate Format for Representing Date and Time in ASN.1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:58:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4049

        Title:      BinaryTime: An Alternate Format for Representing
                    Date and Time in ASN.1
        Authors:    R. Housley
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12302
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-housley-binarytime-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4049.txt

This document specifies a new ASN.1 type for representing time:
BinaryTime.  This document also specifies an alternate to the
signing-time attribute for use with the Cryptographic Message Syntax
(CMS) SignedData and AuthenticatedData content types; the
binary-signing-time attribute uses BinaryTime.  CMS and the
signing-time attribute are defined in RFC 3852.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce