Subject: Protocol Action: 'The SEED Cipher Algorithm and Its Use With IPSec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:58:42 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The SEED Cipher Algorithm and Its Use With IPSec '
   <draft-lee-ipsec-cipher-seed-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

Technical Summary

  This protocol is about the use of the SEED block cipher algorithm
  in Cipher Block Chaining Mode, with an explicit IV, as a
  confidentiality mechanism within the context of the IPSec 
  Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP).
 
Working Group Summary

  This is not a WG document.  Although some widely used block cipher
  algorithms are already used in IPSec ESP, this SEED offers another
  algorithm choice.  This document specifies the conventions for the
  use of SEED with IPSec ESP.
 
Protocol Quality

  SEED is a national industrial association standard (TTA KO-12.0004,
  1999) in Korea.  It will also be an ISO/IEC standard soon.

RFC Editor Note

  Please change "IPSec" to "IPsec" throughout the document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce