Subject: Protocol Action: 'HMAC-authenticated Diffie-Hellman for MIKEY' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:27:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'HMAC-authenticated Diffie-Hellman for MIKEY '
   <draft-ietf-msec-mikey-dhhmac-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

Technical Summary

  This document describes a light-weight point-to-point key management
  protocol variant for the multimedia Internet keying (MIKEY) protocol
  MIKEY, as defined in RFC 3830.  In particular, this variant deploys
  the classic Diffie-Hellman key agreement protocol for key
  establishment featuring perfect forward secrecy in conjunction with a
  keyed hash message authentication code for achieving mutual
  authentication and message integrity of the key management messages
  exchanged.  This protocol addresses the security and performance
  constraints of multimedia key management in MIKEY.

Working Group Summary

  The MSEC Working Group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce