Subject: Document Action: 'Threats relating to IPv6 multihoming solutions' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:09:40 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Threats relating to IPv6 multihoming solutions '
   <draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-threats-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Site Multihoming in IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary
 
 This document lists security threats related to IPv6 multihoming.
 Multihoming can introduce new opportunities to redirect packets to
 different, unintended IP addresses.

 The intent is to look at how IPv6 multihoming solutions might make
 the Internet less secure than the current Internet, without studying
 any proposed solution but instead looking at threats that are
 inherent in the problem itself.  The threats in this document build
 upon the threats discovered and discussed as part of the Mobile IPv6
 work.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the multi6 working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce