Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Recovery Functional Specification' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:51:27 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Recovery Functional 
   Specification '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-functional-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Recovery (Protection and Restoration) Terminology for Generalized 
   Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-terminology-06.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Analysis of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)-based 
   Recovery Mechanisms (including Protection and Restoration) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-analysis-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

These documents are products of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
   This set of documents presents a functional description of the protocol 
   extensions needed to support Generalized Multi-Protocol Label 
   Switching (GMPLS)-based recovery (i.e. protection and restoration). 
   Protocol specific formats and mechanisms will be described in 
   subsequent documents. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The WG had a consensus on advancing these documents and addressed
   AD-review comments. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   These documents have been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce