Subject: Document Action: 'Policy-Mandated Labels Such as "Adv:" in Email Subject Headers Considered Ineffective At Best' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 11:07:05 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Policy-Mandated Labels Such as "Adv:" in Email Subject Headers Considered 
   Ineffective At Best '
   <draft-malamud-subject-line-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
This memo discusses policies that require certain labels to be
inserted in the "Subject:" header of a mail message.  Such policies
are difficult to specify accurately while remaining compliant with
key RFCs and are likely to be ineffective at best.  This memo
discusses an alternate, standards-compliant approach that is
significantly simpler to specify and is somewhat less likely to be
ineffective.

Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work of an individual submitter.  It has not
been reviewed by an IETF working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce