Subject: Last Call: 'The Camellia Cipher Algorithm and Its Use With IPsec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:50:26 -0500

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the 
following document:

- 'The Camellia Cipher Algorithm and Its Use With IPsec'
   <draft-kato-ipsec-ciph-camellia-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

Note that this document includes a normative reference to an
Informational RFC 3713, which specifies the Camellia cipher. Such
downward references are commonly used for cryptographic algorithms,
such as HMAC, which is specified in Informational RFC 2104.  Any
community comments on the appropriateness of this downward reference
will be considered by the IESG as part of its deliberations.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-04-29.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kato-ipsec-ciph-camellia-01.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce