Subject: Protocol Action: 'Voice Messaging Directory Service' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:22:29 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Voice Message Routing Service '
   <draft-ietf-vpim-routing-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Voice Messaging Directory Service '
   <draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

These documents are products of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

Technical Summary
 
The VPIM directory schema provides essential additional attributes
to recreate the voice mail user experience using standardized
directories.  This user experience provides, at the time of
addressing, basic assurances that the message will be delivered
as intended.

The VPIM routing document describes two mechanisms by which a
sending VPIM system may determine the destination mailbox given a
telephone number.  Both mechanisms build upon ENUM.  One mechanism
utilizes an LDAP query to determine recipient capabilities and
retrieve address confirmation information such as a spoken or text
name.
 
Working Group Summary
These documents are products of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
(vpim) working group.  Consensus to publish the documents was reached.
Comments received during the IETF last call have been addressed.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce