Subject: RFC 4041 on Requirements for Morality Sections in Routing Area Drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 09:11:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4041

        Title:      Requirements for Morality Sections in
                    Routing Area Drafts
        Author(s):  A. Farrel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       1 April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15249
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-farrel-rtg-morality-requirements-01.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4041.txt

It has often been the case that morality has not been given proper
consideration in the design and specification of protocols produced
within the Routing Area.  This has led to a decline in the moral
values within the Internet and attempts to retrofit a suitable
moral code to implemented and deployed protocols has been shown to
be sub-optimal.

This document specifies a requirement for all new Routing Area
Internet-Drafts to include a "Morality Considerations" section, and
gives guidance on what that section should contain.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce