Subject: RFC 4047 on MIME Sub-type Registrations for Flexible Image Transport System (FITS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:08:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4047

        Title:      MIME Sub-type Registrations for
                    Flexible Image Transport System (FITS)
        Author(s):  S. Allen, D. Wells
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53737
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-allen-fitsmime-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4047.txt

This document describes the registration of the Multipurpose Internet
Mail Extensions (MIME) sub-types to be used by the international
astronomical community for the interchange of Flexible Image Transport
System (FITS) files.  The encoding is defined by the published FITS
standard documents.  The FITS format has been in use since 1979, and
almost all data from astronomical observations are interchanged by
using FITS.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce