Subject: Protocol Action: 'GSAKMP: Group Secure Association Group Management Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:16:04 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'GSAKMP: Group Secure Association Group Management Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-msec-gsakmp-sec-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the Group Secure Association Key Management
  Protocol (GSAKMP).  The GSAKMP provides a security framework for
  creating and managing cryptographic groups.  It provides mechanisms to
  disseminate group policy and authenticate users, rules for access
  control decisions during group establishment and recovery,
  capabilities to recover from the compromise of group members,
  delegation of group security functions, and capabilities to destroy
  the group.  It also generates group keys.

Working Group Summary

  The MSEC WG achieved consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce