Subject: RFC 4083 on Input 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release5 Requirements on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:31:40 -0500

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4083

        Title:      Input 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
                    Release 5 Requirements on the Session Initiation
                    Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  M. Garcia-Martin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 80203
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-3gpp-r5-requirements-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4083.txt

The 3rd-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) has selected Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) as the session establishment protocol for
the 3GPP IP Multimedia Core Network Subsystem (IMS).  IMS is part of
Release 5 of the 3GPP specifications.  Although SIP is a protocol that
fulfills most of the requirements for establishing a session in an IP
network, SIP has never been evaluated against the specific 3GPP
requirements for operation in a cellular network.  In this document,
we express the requirements identified by 3GPP to support SIP for
Release 5 of the 3GPP IMS in cellular networks.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce