Subject: Proposed Elimination of Tombstone Files

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:24:02 -0400

The IETF Chair is considering a proposal to eliminate tombstone 
files for Internet-Drafts that have expired, or that have been 
withdrawn or replaced.  If the proposal is approved, then 
tombstones would no longer be created for such documents, 
and existing tombstones would be deleted from the Internet-Drafts 
directory.  Please note that this proposal would *not* apply to 
tombstones that are created for Internet-Drafts when they are 
published as RFCs.

Before proceeding, the IETF Chair would like to determine if 
tombstones continue to be of value to the community, and if 
there is a compelling reason to retain them.  If you have an 
opinion on this issue and wish to contribute to the discussion, 
then please send your comments to [email-masked] by 
5:00 P.M. ET on Tuesday, May 31, 2005.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce