Subject: RFC 4095 on Attaching Meaning to Solicitation Class Keywords

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:36:42 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4095

        Title:      Attaching Meaning to Solicitation Class Keywords
        Author(s):  C. Malamud
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23539
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-malamud-keyword-discovery-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4095.txt

This document proposes a mechanism for finding a URI associated
with a solicitation class keyword, which is defined in RFC 3865, the
No Soliciting SMTP Service Extension.  Solicitation class keywords
are simple labels consisting of a domain name that has been reversed,
such as "org.example.adv".  These solicitation class keywords are
inserted in selected header fields or used in the ESMTP service
extension, including a new "No-Solicit:" header, which can contain
one or more solicitation class keywords inserted by the sender.

This document specifies an application based on the Dynamic Delegation
Discovery System (DDDS) described in RFC 3401 and related documents.
An algorithm is specified to associate a solicitation class keyword
with a URI which contains further information about the meaning and
usage of that solicitation class keyword.  For example, the
registrant of the "example.org" domain could use this mechanism to
create a URI which contains detailed information about the
"org.example.adv" solicitation class keyword.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce