Subject: Ray Pelletier appointed as IETF Administrative Director (IAD)

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 04:52:42 -0400

(sent for the IAOC by Brian Carpenter)

May 31st, 2005 - The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC)
is delighted to announce the appointment of Ray Pelletier as the first
IETF Administrative Director (IAD). This appointment marks a key step in the
IETF's progress in building a coordinated administrative platform that
supports the collected needs of its community. Over the course of the coming
months, this will include reorganization of the IETF's global budget and
establishment or review of contracts with key support organizations.

Pelletier will take charge of a number of activities that the IETF depends on
for smooth operation, including oversight of its global budget, meeting
planning, secretariat, document publication, and parameter assignment. Most of
these activities are carried out for the IETF by other organizations under
various forms of agreement; Pelletier will be responsible for reviewing and
establishing those agreements and for future bidding processes.

Pelletier has extensive leadership and management experience across the
breadth of public, private, for-profit, non-profit, and volunteer
organizations. As Director of Information Systems for the Navy JAG Corps he
was responsible for managing a $10 million worldwide automation program. In
his role as Executive Director for the Northern Virginia Technology Council he
successfully managed the organizational development and operational support of
a fast growing membership association.

Pelletier will be hosted by the Internet Society in Reston, Virginia.
He can be reached at [email-masked]

The Internet Society press release will be at 
http://www.isoc.org/isoc/media/releases/050531pr.shtml

A full report on the hiring process will be included in the IAOC's monthly 
report for May 2005.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce