Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:21:52 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-addr-arch-v4-04.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

- Technical Summary

   This specification defines the addressing architecture of the IP
   Version 6 protocol [IPV6].  The document includes the IPv6 addressing
   model, text representations of IPv6 addresses, definition of IPv6
   unicast addresses, anycast addresses, and multicast addresses, and an
   IPv6 node's required addresses.

   This document obsoletes RFC-3513 "IP Version 6 Addressing
   Architecture".

- Working Group Summary

The IPv6 working group has done extensive review of this document and
this document reflects the consensus of the group.

- Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed by members of the [email-masked]
mailing list and by the working group chairs.

This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce