Subject: RFC 4028 on Session Timers in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:15:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4028

        Title:      Session Timers in the Session Initiation Protocol
                    (SIP)
        Author(s):  S. Donovan, J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 65363
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-session-timer-15.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4028.txt

This document defines an extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP).  This extension allows for a periodic refresh of SIP sessions
through a re-INVITE or UPDATE request.  The refresh allows both user
agents and proxies to determine whether the SIP session is still
active.  The extension defines two new header fields: Session-Expires,
which conveys the lifetime of the session, and Min-SE, which conveys
the minimum allowed value for the session timer.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce