Subject: Document Action: 'A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:56:14 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Framework for transmission of IP datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks '
   <draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP over DVB Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

Technical Summary

    This document describes an architecture for the transport of IP
    Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS). The MPEG-2 TS has
    has been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services 
    but also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks. 
    Examples of systems using MPEG-2 include the Digital Video 
    Broadcast (DVB) and Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC)
    Standards for Digital Television. 
       
    The document identifies the need for a set of Internet standards
    defining the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and an 
    IP subnetwork. It suggests a new encapsulation method for IP
    datagrams and proposes protocols to perform IPv6/IPv4 address
    resolution, to associate IP packets with the properties of the
    Logical Channels provided by an MPEG-2 TS.  
 
Working Group Summary
 
    This document was produced by the IPDVB working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
    This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

RFC Editor Note

The following line should be removed from section 2:
            
    A2. Conventions Used In This Document

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce