Subject: RFC 4058 on Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:22:21 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4058

        Title:      Protocol for Carrying Authentication for
                    Network Access (PANA) Requirements
        Author(s):  A. Yegin, Ed., Y. Ohba, R. Penno, G. Tsirtsis,
                    C. Wang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 41957
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pana-requirements-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4058.txt

It is expected that future IP devices will have a variety of access
technologies to gain network connectivity.  Currently there are
access-specific mechanisms for providing client information to the
network for authentication and authorization purposes.  In addition
to being limited to specific access media (e.g., 802.1X for IEEE 802
links), some of these protocols are limited to specific network
topologies (e.g., PPP for point-to-point links).  The goal of this
document is to identify the requirements for a link-layer agnostic
protocol that allows a host and a network to authenticate each other
for network access.  This protocol will run between a client's device
and an agent in the network where the agent might be a client of the
AAA infrastructure.

This document is a product of the Protocol for Carrying Authentication
for Network Access Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce