Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of TDM Circuits over Packet Switching Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:40:49 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of TDM Circuits over Packet 
   Switching Networks '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-requirements-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary
 
The PWE3 WG is defining mechanisms for carrying lower-layer protocols
(e.g., L2) over IP and MPLS networks and emulating the services they
provide.  This document defines the requirements for
edge-to-edge-emulation of circuits carrying Time Division Multiplexed
digital (TDM) signals of the Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy (PDH) as
well as the Synchronous Optical NETwork (SONET)/Synchronous Digital
Hierarchy (SDH) over packet-switched networks.

The requriments are aligned to the common architecture for PWE3.  It
makes references to the generic requirements for PWE3 where applicable
and complements them by defining requirements originating from
specifics of TDM circuits.

Working Group Summary
 
There was concensus for this document in the WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce