Subject: RFC 4046 on Multicast Security (MSEC) Group Key Management Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:18:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4046

        Title:      Multicast Security (MSEC) Group Key Management
                    Architecture
        Author(s):  M. Baugher, R. Canetti, L. Dondeti, F. Lindholm
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 97885
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-gkmarch-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4046.txt

This document defines the common architecture for Multicast Security
(MSEC) key management protocols to support a variety of application,
transport, and network layer security protocols.  It also defines the
group security association (GSA), and describes the key management
protocols that help establish a GSA.  The framework and guidelines
described in this document permit a modular and flexible design of
group key management protocols for a variety of different settings
that are specialized to applications needs.  MSEC key management
protocols may be used to facilitate secure one-to-many, many-to-many,
or one-to-one communication.

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce