Subject: RFC 4078 on The TV-Anytime Content Reference Identifier (CRID)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:31:41 -0500

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4078

        Title:      The TV-Anytime Content Reference Identifier (CRID)
        Author(s):  N. Earnshaw, S. Aoki, A. Ashley, W. Kameyama
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21433
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-earnshaw-tv-anytime-crid-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4078.txt

The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) scheme "CRID:" has been devised to
allow references to current or future scheduled publications of
broadcast media content over television distribution platforms and
the Internet.

The initial intended application is as an embedded link within
scheduled programme description metadata that can be used by the home
user or agent to associate a programme selection with the
corresponding programme location information for subsequent automatic
acquisition.

This document reproduces the TV-Anytime CRID definition found in the
TV-Anytime content referencing specification, and is published as an
RFC for ease of access and registration with the Internet Assigned
Numbers Authority (IANA).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce