Subject: RFC 4090 on Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:33:32 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4090

        Title:      Fast Reroute Extensions to RSVP-TE for LSP Tunnels
        Author(s):  P. Pan, Ed., G. Swallow, Ed., A. Atlas, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 83965
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-fastreroute-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4090.txt

This document defines RSVP-TE extensions to establish
backup label-switched path (LSP) tunnels for local repair
of LSP tunnels.  These mechanisms enable the re-direction of traffic
onto backup LSP tunnels in 10s of milliseconds, in the event of a
failure.

Two methods are defined here.  The one-to-one backup method creates
detour LSPs for each protected LSP at each potential point of local
repair.  The facility backup method creates a bypass tunnel to
protect a potential failure point; by taking advantage of MPLS label
stacking, this bypass tunnel can protect a set of LSPs that
have similar backup constraints.  Both methods can be used to protect
links and nodes during network failure.  The described behavior and
extensions to RSVP allow nodes to implement either method or both
and to interoperate in a mixed network.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce