Subject: Protocol Action: 'Using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) in Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:04:52 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Using the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) in Blocks Extensible Exchange
   Protocol (BEEP) '
   <draft-mrose-rfc3288bis-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

Technical Summary
 
This memo specifies a Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) binding to
the Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol core (BEEP).  A SOAP binding
describes how SOAP messages are transmitted in the network.

The SOAP is an XML-based (extensible markup language) messaging
protocol used to implement a wide variety of distributed messaging
models.  It defines a message format and describes a variety of
message patterns, including, but not limited to, RPC, asynchronous
event notification, unacknowledged messages, and forwarding via SOAP
intermediaries.

If approved, this document obsoletes RFC 3288.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work of individual submitters.  It was
subjected to a 4-week IETF last call.  Last call comments were
addressed prior to IESG review.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

In section 6.1.1, please change IP address "10.0.0.2" to
"192.0.2.0" to conform to the conventions described in RFC 3330.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce