Subject: BCP 104, RFC 4084 on Terminology for Describing Internet Connectivity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:30:57 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 104
        RFC 4084

        Title:      Terminology for Describing Internet Connectivity
        Author(s):  J. Klensin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       May 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24522
        SeeAlso:    BCP 104

        I-D Tag:    draft-klensin-ip-service-terms-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4084.txt

As the Internet has evolved, many types of arrangements have been
advertised and sold as "Internet connectivity".  Because these may
differ significantly in the capabilities they offer, the range of
options, and the lack of any standard terminology, the effort to
distinguish between these services has caused considerable consumer
confusion.  This document provides a list of terms and definitions
that may be helpful to providers, consumers, and, potentially,
regulators in clarifying the type and character of services being
offered.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce