Subject: RFC 4082 on Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant Authentication (TESLA): Multicast Source Authentication Transform Introduction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:54:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4082

        Title:      Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant
                    Authentication (TESLA): Multicast Source
                    Authentication Transform Introduction
        Author(s):  A. Perrig, D. Song, R. Canetti, J. D. Tygar,
                    B. Briscoe
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 54316
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-tesla-intro-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4082.txt

This document introduces Timed Efficient Stream
Loss-tolerant Authentication (TESLA).  TESLA allows all receivers to
check the integrity and authenticate the source of each packet in
multicast or broadcast data streams.  TESLA requires no trust between
receivers, uses low-cost operations per packet at both sender and
receiver, can tolerate any level of loss without retransmissions, and
requires no per-receiver state at the sender.  TESLA can protect
receivers against denial of service attacks in certain circumstances.
Each receiver must be loosely time-synchronized with the source in
order to verify messages, but otherwise receivers do not have to send
any messages. TESLA alone cannot support non-repudiation of the data
source to third parties. 

This informational document is intended to assist in writing
standardizable and secure specifications for protocols based on TESLA
in different contexts.

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce