Subject: RFC 4128 on Bandwidth Constraints Models for Differentiated Services (Diffserv)-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering: Performance Evaluation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:39:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4128

        Title:      Bandwidth Constraints Models for
                    Differentiated Services (Diffserv)-aware MPLS
                    Traffic Engineering: Performance Evaluation
        Author(s):  W. Lai
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 58691
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-wlai-tewg-bcmodel-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4128.txt

"Differentiated Services (Diffserv)-aware MPLS Traffic
Engineering Requirements", RFC 3564, specifies the requirements and
selection criteria for Bandwidth Constraints Models.  Two such
models, the Maximum Allocation and the Russian Dolls, are described
therein.  This document complements RFC 3564 by presenting the
results of a performance evaluation of these two models under
various operational conditions: normal load, overload, preemption
fully or partially enabled, pure blocking, or complete sharing.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce