Subject: RFC 4106 on The Use of Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) in IPsec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:26:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4106

        Title:      The Use of Galois/Counter Mode (GCM)
                    in IPsec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
        Author(s):  J. Viega, D. McGrew
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23399
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-gcm-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4106.txt

This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
in Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) as an IPsec Encapsulating Security
Payload (ESP) mechanism to provide confidentiality and data origin
authentication.  This method can be efficiently implemented in
hardware for speeds of 10 gigabits per second and above, and is also
well-suited to software implementations.

This document is a product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce