Subject: RE: ICANN nominations

From: "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:36:02 -0700

The ICANN Nominating Committee has extended its deadline to July 20:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-13jun05.htm 

Note that you can recommend or nominate another person for one or more
of these positions:
http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/formalcall-22apr05.htm#submit-r
ecommendation

Please take a minute to recommend someone, or at least forward this mail
to people you know who might be interested in working with ICANN.

Thanks,
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Draves 
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 11:25 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: ICANN nominations

The ICANN Nominating Committee invites Recommendations and Statements of
Interest from the community as it seeks qualified candidates for the
following positions:

     -  two members of the ICANN Board of Directors;
 
     -  two members of the Council of the Generic Names Supporting
        Organization (GNSO);
 
     -  one member of the Council of the Country-Code Names
        Supporting Organization (ccNSO); and
 
     -  three members of the At Large Advisory Committee (ALAC).

Those individuals selected by the Nominating Committee will have a
unique opportunity to work with accomplished colleagues from around the
globe, address intriguing technical coordination problems and related
policy development challenges with diverse functional, cultural, and
geographic dimensions, and gain valuable insights and experience from
working across these boundaries of knowledge, responsibility and
perspective.

Additionally, those selected will gain the satisfaction of making a
valuable public service contribution. Placing the broad public interest
ahead of any particular interests, they will help ensure the stability
and security of the Internet for critically important societal
functions.

These voluntary positions are not remunerated, although direct expenses
incurred in the course of duty may be reimbursed. These positions may
involve significant international travel, including personal presence at
periodic ICANN meetings, as well as regular telephone and Internet
communications. Candidates should be women and men with a high level of
qualifications and experience with an international outlook including
some familiarity with the Internet. They should be prepared to
contribute to the collective decision-making process among ICANN's
constituencies, supporting organizations and advisory bodies.

Selection criteria, eligibility factors, roles of each position,
application procedure, and contacts are posted at:

     http://www.icann.org/committees/nom-comm/formalcall-22apr05.htm

Applications will be handled confidentially and should be received by
12:00 GMT on 15 June 2005 for full consideration. Selections will be
made in October with service beginning in December 2005.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce