Subject: Protocol Action: 'The LDAP Assertion Control' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:21:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The LDAP Assertion Control '
   <draft-zeilenga-ldap-assert-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-assert-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
 assertion control.  The assertion control allows the client
 to specify a condition which must be true for the operation to be
 processed normally.  Otherwise the operation fails.  For instance, the
 control can be used with the Modify operation to perform
 atomic "test and set" and "test and clear" operations.

 The control may be attached to any update operation to support
 conditional addition, deletion, modification, and renaming of the
 target object.  The asserted condition is evaluated as an integral
 part the operation.
 
Working Group Summary

 This document is the product of an individual submitter.  It was discussed
informally in
  the LDAPEXT working group, and at an informal BoF announced on the LDAPEXT
mailing list.
 No issues were raised during IETF Last Call. 
 
Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce