Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDAP Read Entry Controls' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:44:23 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'LDAP Read Entry Controls '
   <draft-zeilenga-ldap-readentry-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-readentry-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies an extension to the Lightweight Directory
  Access Protocol (LDAP) to allow the client to read the
  target entry of an update operation (e.g., Add, Delete, Modify,
  ModifyDN).  The extension utilizes controls attached to
  update requests to request and return copies of the target entry.  One
  request control, called the Pre-Read request control, indicates that a
  copy of the entry before application of update is to be returned.
  Another control, called the Post-Read request control, indicates that
  a copy of the entry after application of the update is to be returned.
  Each request control has a corresponding response control used to
  return the entry.

  To ensure proper isolation, the controls are processed as an atomic
  part of the update operation.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is the work of an individual submitter.  It was discussed
 informally on the LDAPEXT working group mailing list.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce