Subject: Document Action: 'The SEED Encryption Algorithm' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 14:19:41 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The SEED Encryption Algorithm '
   <draft-lee-rfc4009bis-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-rfc4009bis-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes the SEED encryption algorithm which has been
  adopted by most of the security systems in the Republic of Korea.  The
  document includes are a description of the cipher, the key scheduling
  algorithm, the S-boxes, and a set of test vectors (Appendix B).

Working Group Summary

  The revision to RFC 4009 was started because the RFC Editor told the
  author that they do not have the bandwidth to publish errata.  It seems
  that a revision is the only way to effectively deal with errata.  The
  revision also attempts to add clarity.  The SEED algorithm itself is
  not changed.

  This is an individual submission.  No working group has reviewed it.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please add the following sentence to the end of the Abstract:
  "This document obsoletes RFC 4009."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce