Subject: Document Action: 'BGP Wedgies' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:14:42 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP Wedgies '
   <draft-ietf-grow-bgp-wedgies-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-wedgies-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
 It has commonly been assumed that the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
 is a tool for distributing reachability information in a manner that
 creates forwarding paths in a deterministic manner.  In this memo we 
 will describe a class of BGP configurations for which there is more
 than one potential outcome, and where forwarding states other than
 the intended state are equally stable, and that the stable state
 where BGP converges may be selected by BGP in a non-deterministic
 manner.  These stable, but unintended, BGP states are termed here
 "BGP Wedgies".
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The Grow Working Group came to consensus on this document.
 
Protocol Quality

 This document was reviewed for the IESG by David Kessens.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce