Subject: Protocol Action: 'Pre-Shared Key Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:00:15 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Pre-Shared Key Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) '
   <draft-ietf-tls-psk-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-psk-09.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies three sets of new ciphersuites for the
  Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol to support authentication
  based on pre-shared symmetric keys.  The first set of ciphersuites
  uses only symmetric key operations for authentication.  The second set
  uses a Diffie-Hellman exchange authenticated with a pre-shared key;
  and the third set combines public key authentication of the server
  with pre-shared key authentication of the client.

Working Group Summary

  The TLS Working Group reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce