Subject: RFC 4101 on Writing Protocol Models

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:18:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4101

        Title:      Writing Protocol Models
        Author(s):  E. Rescorla, IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47287
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-model-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4101.txt

The IETF process depends on peer review.  However, IETF documents
are generally written to be useful for implementors, not
reviewers.  In particular, while great care is generally taken to
provide a complete description of the state machines and bits on
the wire, this level of detail tends to get in the way of initial
understanding.  This document describes an approach for providing
protocol "models" that allow reviewers to quickly grasp the essence
of a system.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce