Subject: RFC 4080 on Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS): Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:01:41 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4080

        Title:      Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS): Framework
        Author(s):  R. Hancock, G. Karagiannis, J. Loughney,
                    S. Van den Bosch
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 122470
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nsis-fw-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4080.txt

The Next Steps in Signaling (NSIS) working group is considering
protocols for signaling information about a data flow along its path
in the network.  The NSIS suite of protocols is envisioned to support
various signaling applications that need to install and/or manipulate
such state in the network.  Based on existing work on signaling
requirements, this document proposes an architectural framework for
these signaling protocols.

This document provides a model for the network entities that take
part in such signaling, and for the relationship between signaling and
the rest of network operation.  We decompose the overall signaling
protocol suite into a generic (lower) layer, with separate upper
layers for each specific signaling application.

This document is a product of the Next Steps in Signaling Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce