Subject: Protocol Action: 'Datagram Transport Layer Security' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:54:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Datagram Transport Layer Security '
   <draft-rescorla-dtls-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rescorla-dtls-05.txt

Technical Summary

  This document specifies Version 1.0 of the Datagram Transport Layer
  Security (DTLS) protocol.  The DTLS protocol provides communications
  privacy for datagram protocols.  The protocol allows client/server
  applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent
  eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.  The DTLS protocol is
  based on the TLS protocol and provides equivalent security guarantees.
  Datagram semantics of the underlying transport are preserved by the
  DTLS protocol.

Working Group Summary

  This document was not generated by any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce