Subject: Document Action: 'Attacks on Cryptographic Hashes in Internet Protocols' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:58:07 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Attacks on Cryptographic Hashes in Internet Protocols '
   <draft-hoffman-hash-attacks-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-hash-attacks-04.txt

Technical Summary

  Recent announcements of better-than-expected collision attacks in
  popular one-way hash algorithms have caused some people to question
  whether common Internet protocols need to be changed, and if so, how.
  This document summarizes the use of hash algorithms in many protocols,
  discusses how the collision attacks affect and do not affect the
  protocols, shows how to thwart known attacks on digital certificates,
  and discusses future directions for protocol designers.

Working Group Summary

  This document was not generated by any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce