Subject: Document Action: 'Implementer-friendly Specification of Message and MIME-Part Header Fields and Field Components' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:17:59 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Implementer-friendly Specification of Message and MIME-Part Header Fields 
   and Field Components '
   <draft-lilly-field-specification-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lilly-field-specification-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
Implementation of generators and parsers of header fields requires
certain information about those fields.  Interoperability is most
likely when all such information is explicitly provided by the
technical specification of the fields.  Lacking such explicit
information, implementers may guess, and interoperability may suffer.
This memo identifies information useful to implementers of header
field generators and parsers.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work of an individual submitter.  It was
subjected to review on the ietf-822 mailing list, but it is has
not been reviewed by an IETF working group.  Review comments have
been incorporated into the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce