Subject: RFC 4130 on MIME-Based Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data Interchange Using HTTP, Applicability Statement 2 (AS2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:21:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4130

        Title:      MIME-Based Secure Peer-to-Peer
                    Business Data Interchange Using HTTP,
                    Applicability Statement 2 (AS2)
        Author(s):  D. Moberg, R. Drummond
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 99857
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ediint-as2-20.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4130.txt

This document provides an applicability statement (RFC 2026, Section
3.2) that describes how to exchange structured business data securely 
using the HTTP transfer protocol, instead of SMTP; the
applicability statement for SMTP is found in RFC 3335.  Structured
business data may be XML; Electronic Data Interchange
(EDI) in either the American National Standards Committee (ANSI)
X12 format or the UN Electronic Data Interchange for
Administration, Commerce, and Transport (UN/EDIFACT) format;
or other structured data formats.  The data is packaged using
standard MIME structures.  Authentication and data confidentiality
are obtained by using Cryptographic Message Syntax with S/MIME
security body parts.  Authenticated acknowledgements make use of
multipart/signed Message Disposition Notification (MDN)
responses to the original HTTP message.  This applicability
statement is informally referred to as "AS2" because it is the
second applicability statement, produced after "AS1", RFC 3335.

This document is a product of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet
Integration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce