Subject: Rescind Approval of draft-mccobb-xplusv-media-type-04.txt

From: IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:49:17 -0400

On 20 April 2005 the IESG received a request from an individual submitter
to consider publication of draft-mccobb-xplusv-media-type-02.txt as an
Informational RFC. The -04 version of the document was discussed during the
telechat of 23 June 2005, approved on 24 June 2005, and announced on 27 June
2005.

On 13 July 2005 the document author asked the IESG to rescind approval of
the document so that an alternative media type option could be explored
instead. The IESG discussed this request during the telechat of 21 July
2005 and agreed to rescind approval to publish the document as an
Informational RFC. This decision requires that the following actions be
taken by IANA and the RFC Editor:

IANA:
Please mark the registration of the application/xhtml-voice+xml media type
as "obsolete". This type is described in draft-mccobb-xplusv-media-type and
has been registered as a result of the approval.

RFC Editor:
Please remove draft-mccobb-xplusv-media-type-04.txt from the RFC Editor
queue and discontinue processing of the document as an Informational RFC.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce