Subject: RFC 4139 on Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Signaling Usage and Extensions for Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:37:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4139

        Title:      Requirements for Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
                    Signaling Usage and Extensions for Automatically
                    Switched Optical Network (ASON)
        Author(s):  D. Papadimitriou, J. Drake, J. Ash, A. Farrel,
                    L. Ong
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 36660
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-reqts-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4139.txt

The Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) suite of
protocols has been defined to control different switching
technologies and different applications.  These include support
for requesting Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) connections, including
Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
(SDH) and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).

This document concentrates on the signaling aspects of the GMPLS
suite of protocols.  It identifies the features to be covered by the
GMPLS signaling protocol to support the capabilities of an
Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON).  This document provides
a problem statement and additional requirements for the GMPLS
signaling protocol to support the ASON functionality.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce