Subject: RFC 4121 on The Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism: Version 2

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:09:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4121

        Title:      The Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service
                    Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
                    Mechanism: Version 2
        Author(s):  L. Zhu, K. Jaganathan, S. Hartman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 340314
        Updates:    1964

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-gssapi-cfx-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4121.txt

This document defines protocols, procedures, and conventions to be
employed by peers implementing the Generic Security Service
Application Program Interface (GSS-API) when using the Kerberos
Version 5 mechanism.

RFC 1964 is updated and incremental changes are proposed in response
to recent developments such as the introduction of Kerberos
cryptosystem framework.  These changes support the inclusion of new
cryptosystems, by defining new per-message tokens along with their
encryption and checksum algorithms based on the cryptosystem
profiles.

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the
IETF. 

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce