Subject: RFC 4116 on IPv4 Multihoming Practices and Limitations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:07:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4116

        Title:      IPv4 Multihoming Practices and Limitations
        Author(s):  J. Abley, K. Lindqvist, E. Davies, B. Black,
                    V. Gill
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26598
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multi6-v4-multihoming-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4116.txt

Multihoming is an essential component of service for many Internet
sites.  This document describes some implementation strategies for
multihoming with IPv4 and enumerates features for comparison with
other multihoming proposals (particularly those related to IPv6).

This document is a product of the Site Multihoming in IPv6 Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce