Subject: RFC 4136 on OSPF Refresh and Flooding Reduction in Stable Topologies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:54:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4136

        Title:      OSPF Refresh and Flooding Reduction in
                    Stable Topologies
        Author(s):  P. Pillay-Esnault
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8534
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-pillay-esnault-ospf-flooding-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4136.txt

This document describes an extension to the OSPF protocol to
reduce periodic flooding of Link State Advertisements (LSAs) in
stable topologies.

Current OSPF behavior requires that all LSAs, except DoNotAge LSAs, to
be refreshed every 30 minutes.  This document proposes to generalize
the use of DoNotAge LSAs in order to reduce protocol traffic in stable
topologies.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce