Subject: RFC 4065 on Instructions for Seamoby and Experimental Mobility Protocol IANA Allocations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:37:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4065

        Title:      Instructions for Seamoby and
                    Experimental Mobility Protocol IANA Allocations
        Author(s):  J. Kempf
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16179
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-seamoby-iana-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4065.txt

The Seamoby Candidate Access Router Discovery (CARD) protocol and the
Context Transfer Protocol (CXTP) are experimental protocols designed
to accelerate IP handover between wireless access routers.  These 
protocols require IANA allocations for ICMP type and options, Stream
Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Payload Protocol Identifiers,
port numbers, and registries for certain formatted message options.
This document contains instructions to IANA about which allocations
are required for the Seamoby protocols.  The ICMP subtype extension
format for Seamoby has been additionally designed so that it can be
utilized by other experimental mobility protocols, and the SCTP port
number is also available for other experimental mobility protocols.  

This document is a product of the Context Transfer and Handoff
Candidate Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce