Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Host to Router Load Sharing' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:14:31 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Host to Router Load Sharing '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-host-load-sharing-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-host-load-sharing-04.txt

Technical Summary

The original IPv6 conceptual sending algorithm does not do load-
sharing among equivalent IPv6 routers, and suggests schemes which
can be problematic in practice.  This document updates the
conceptual sending algorithm so that traffic to different
destinations can be distributed among routers in an efficient
fashion.

Working Group Summary

The IPv6 working group has done extensive review of this document and
this document reflects the consensus of the group.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed by members of the [email-masked]
mailing list and by the working group chairs.

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce