Subject: RFC 4066 on Candidate Access Router Discovery (CARD)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:39:27 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4066

        Title:      Candidate Access Router Discovery (CARD)
        Author(s):  M. Liebsch, Ed., A. Singh, Ed., H. Chaskar,
                    D. Funato, E. Shim
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 116733
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-seamoby-card-protocol-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4066.txt

To enable seamless IP-layer handover of a mobile node (MN) from one
access router (AR) to another, the MN is required to discover the
identities and capabilities of candidate ARs (CARs) for handover
prior to the initiation of the handover.  The act of discovery of CARs
has two aspects: identifying the IP addresses of the CARs and finding
their capabilities.  This process is called "candidate access router
discovery" (CARD).  At the time of IP-layer handover, the CAR, whose
capabilities are a good match to the preferences of the MN, is chosen
as the target AR for handover.  The protocol described in this
document allows a mobile node to perform CARD.

This document is a product of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate
Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce