Subject: RFC 4115 on A Differentiated Service Two-Rate, Three-Color Marker with Efficient Handling of in-Profile Traffic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:20:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4115

        Title:      A Differentiated Service Two-Rate, Three-Color
                    Marker with Efficient Handling of in-Profile
                    Traffic
        Author(s):  O. Aboul-Magd, S. Rabie
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12131
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-aboulmagd-trtcm-inprofile-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4115.txt

This document describes a two-rate, three-color marker that has been
in use for data services including Frame Relay services.  This marker
can be used for metering per-flow traffic in the emerging IP and L2
VPN services.  The marker defined here is different from previously
defined markers in the handling of the in-profile traffic.
Furthermore, this marker doesn't impose peak-rate shaping
requirements on customer edge (CE) devices.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce