Subject: Protocol Action: 'IMAP4 ACL extension' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:28:17 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IMAP4 ACL extension '
   <draft-ietf-imapext-2086upd-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet Message Access Protocol Extension Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Scott Hollenbeck and Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imapext-2086upd-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
The ACL (Access Control List) extension (RFC 2086) of the Internet
Message Access Protocol (IMAP) permits mailbox access control
lists to be retrieved and manipulated through the IMAP protocol.
This document is a revision of RFC 2086. It defines several new
access control rights and clarifies which rights are required for
different IMAP commands.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The document has been reviewed by key working group members and
implementers.  Consensus was reached, and there are no known
issues risking appeal.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce