Subject: RFC 4120 on The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:08:07 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4120

        Title:      The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)
        Author(s):  C. Neuman, T. Yu, S. Hartman, K. Raeburn
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      138
        Characters: 340314
        Obsoletes:  1510

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-kerberos-clarifications-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4120.txt

This document provides an overview and specification of Version 5 of
the Kerberos protocol, and it obsoletes RFC 1510 to clarify aspects of
the protocol and its intended use that require more detailed or
clearer explanation than was provided in RFC 1510.  This document is
intended to provide a detailed description of the protocol, suitable
for implementation, together with descriptions of the appropriate use
of protocol messages and fields within those messages.

This document is a product of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce