Subject: RFC 4067 on Context Transfer Protocol (CXTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 15:41:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4067

        Title:      Context Transfer Protocol (CXTP)
        Author(s):  J. Loughney, Ed., M. Nakhjiri, C. Perkins,
                    R. Koodli
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       July 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    charles.perkins@.nokia.com,
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 77718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-seamoby-ctp-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4067.txt

This document presents the Context Transfer Protocol (CXTP) that
enables authorized context transfers.  Context transfers allow better
support for node based mobility so that the applications running on
mobile nodes can operate with minimal disruption.  Key objectives are
to reduce latency and packet losses, and to avoid the re-initiation of
signaling to and from the mobile node.

This document is a product of the Context Transfer, Handoff Candidate
Discovery, and Dormant Mode Host Alerting Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce