Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Extended Communities Attribute' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:58:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP Extended Communities Attribute '
   <draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ext-communities-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Extended Communities are an extension to BGP-4 which may be used
   to provide flexible control over the distribution of routing
   information.  They may also be used to distribute additional 
   details associated with routing information (e.g., link bandwidth).
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The Working Group supports publication of this document.

Protocol Quality
 
   Bill Fenner reviewed this spec for the IESG.  Seven interoperable
   implementations were described in the implementation survey.

RFC Editor Note

Please add the following citation to the normative references section:

[RFC4020] Kompella, K. and A. Zinin, "Early IANA Allocation of
Standards Track Code Points", BCP 100, RFC 4020, February 2005.

and change the reference to [kompella-zinin] in paragraph 5
of section 7 to [RFC4020].

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce