Subject: RFC 4156 on The wais URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:53:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4156

        Title:      The wais URI Scheme
        Author(s):  P. Hoffman
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 6564
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-wais-uri-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4156.txt

This document specifies the wais Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme that was originally specified in RFC 1738.  The purpose of
this document is to allow RFC 1738 to be made obsolete while keeping
the information about the scheme on standards track.

This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.  It
does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce