Subject: RFC 4135 on Goals of Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:03:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4135

        Title:      Goals of Detecting Network Attachment in IPv6
        Author(s):  JH. Choi, G. Daley
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20518
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dna-goals-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4135.txt

When a host establishes a new link-layer connection, it may or
may not have a valid IP configuration for Internet connectivity.  The
host may check for link change (i.e., determine whether a link change
has occurred), and then, based on the result, it can automatically
decide whether its IP configuration is still valid.  During
link identity detection, the host may also collect necessary
information to initiate a new IP configuration if the
IP subnet has changed.  In this memo, this procedure is called
Detecting Network Attachment (DNA).  DNA schemes should be precise,
sufficiently fast, secure, and of limited signaling.

This document is a product of the Detecting Network Attachment
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce