Subject: RFC 4140 on Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management (HMIPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:14:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4140

        Title:      Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management
                    (HMIPv6)
        Author(s):  H. Soliman, C. Castelluccia, K. El Malki,
                    L. Bellier
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 71503
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-hmipv6-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4140.txt

This document introduces extensions to Mobile IPv6 and IPv6 Neighbour
Discovery to allow for local mobility handling.  Hierarchical mobility
management for Mobile IPv6 is designed to reduce the amount of
signalling between the Mobile Node, its Correspondent Nodes, and its
Home Agent.  The Mobility Anchor Point (MAP) described in this
document can also be used to improve the performance of Mobile IPv6 in
terms of handover speed.

This document is a product of the MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff
Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce