Subject: RFC 4163 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Requirements on TCP/IP Header Compression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:57:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4163

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC):
                    Requirements on TCP/IP Header Compression
        Author(s):  L-E. Jonsson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 20587
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-requirements-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4163.txt

This document contains requirements on the TCP/IP header compression
scheme (profile) to be developed by the RObust Header Compression
(ROHC) Working Group.  The document discusses the scope of TCP
compression, performance considerations, assumptions about the
surrounding environment, as well as Intellectual Property Rights
concerns.  The structure of this document is inherited from RFC 3096,
which defines IP/UDP/RTP requirements for ROHC.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce