Subject: Protocol Action: 'Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP with MPLS' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:08:03 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Graceful Restart Mechanism for BGP with MPLS '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-bgp-mpls-restart-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   A mechanism for BGP that would help minimize the negative effects on
   routing caused by BGP restart is described in "Graceful Restart
   Mechanism for BGP". This document extends this mechanism to
   also minimize the negative effects on MPLS forwarding caused by the
   Label Switching Router's (LSR's) control plane restart, and
   specifically by the restart of its BGP component when BGP is used to
   carry MPLS labels and the LSR is capable of preserving the MPLS
   forwarding state across the restart.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The WG had consensus to progress this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   The specification has been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.
   There are at least two known implementations.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce