Subject: RFC 4152 on A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the Common Language Equipment Identifier (CLEI) Code

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:52:42 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4152

        Title:      A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace
                    for the Common Language Equipment Identifier
                    (CLEI) Code
        Author(s):  K. Tesink, R. Fox
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12228
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-tesink-urn-clei-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4152.txt

This document describes a Uniform Resource Name (URN) namespace
(RFC 3406) for the assignment of the Common Language Equipment
Identifier (CLEI) code, which is used in messages standardized by
ANSI.  The URN namespace is managed by Telcordia Technologies, Inc.,
as the maintenance agent for ANSI T1.213.  The CLEI code is a globally
unique, ten-character alphanumeric intelligent code assigned by
Telcordia Technologies at the request of equipment suppliers.  The
CLEI code identifies communications equipment by specifying product
type and features. There is a one-to-one relationship between a CLEI
code and supplier's product ID (the manufacturer's name and the part
number along with its version number).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce