Subject: RFC 4147 on Proposed Changes to the Format of the IANA IPv6 Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:17:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4147

        Title:      Proposed Changes to the Format of the IANA IPv6
                    Registry
        Author(s):  G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21196
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huston-ip6-iana-registry-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4147.txt

This document proposes a revised format for the IANA IPv6 address
registries.  Rather than providing a formal definition of the format,
it is described by giving examples of the (current as of preparation
of this document) contents of the registries in the proposed format.
The proposed format would bring the IANA IPv6 address registries into
alignment with the current IPv6 Address Architecture specification,
as well as update it to a more useful and generally accepted format.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce