Subject: Protocol Action: 'Identifiers and Test Vectors for HMAC-SHA-224, HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and HMAC-SHA-512' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:42:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Identifiers and Test Vectors for HMAC-SHA-224, HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, 
   and HMAC-SHA-512 '
   <draft-nystrom-smime-hmac-sha-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nystrom-smime-hmac-sha-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document provides test vectors for the HMAC-SHA-224
  HMAC-SHA-256, HMAC-SHA-384, and HMAC-SHA-512 message authentication
  schemes.  It also provides ASN.1 object identifiers and URIs to
  identify use of these schemes in protocols.  The test vectors provided
  in this document may be used for conformance testing.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual draft, although it has been announced on the
  S/MIME WG mailing list. The comments received have been editorial and
  encouraging.

Protocol Quality

  This is not a protocol, rather a way to identify certain cryptographic
  schemes in various protocols. The document also provides test vectors and
  these have been corroborated by three independent implementations.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce