Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Specification' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:28:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 
   6 (IPv6) Specification '
   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-07.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-07.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the format of a set of control messages used
   in ICMPv6 (Internet Control Message Protocol).  ICMPv6 is the
   Internet Control Message Protocol for Internet Protocol version 6
   (IPv6).

   This is an update to RFC 2463 (currently a Draft Standard) with minor
   changes and bug fixes based on implementation and deployment
   experience.  The changes are well-described in Appendix A of the
   document.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is a work item of the IPv6 WG. 
 
Protocol Quality

   ICMPv6 has been extensively implemented and successfully deployed.  
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce