Subject: BCP 108, RFC 4148 on IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Metrics Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:59:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 108
        RFC 4148

        Title:      IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Metrics Registry
        Author(s):  E. Stephan
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       August 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 23074
        See Also:   BCP0108

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-metrics-registry-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4148.txt

This memo defines a registry for IP Performance Metrics (IPPM).  It
assigns and registers an initial set of OBJECT IDENTITIES to
currently defined metrics in the IETF.

This memo also defines the rules for adding IP Performance Metrics
that are defined in the future and for encouraging all IP performance
metrics to be registered here.

IANA has been assigned to administer this new registry.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group
of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce