Subject: Protocol Action: 'Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 05:53:13 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Type Specifications and Registration Procedures '
   <draft-freed-media-type-reg-05.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-freed-media-type-reg-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines procedures for the specification and
registration of media types for use in MIME and other Internet
protocols.  Combined with "Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
(MIME) Part Four: Registration Procedures (draft-freed-mime-p4),
this draft obsoletes RFC 2048 if approved.
 
Working Group Summary

This document is the work of individual submitters.  It was
subjected to MIME-types review, but it is has not been reviewed
by an IETF working group.  MIME-type review comments have been
incorporated into the document.  Most IETF last call comments were
also incorporated into the document, but one of the Last Call
comments, explicitly allowing text subtypes to be treated
differently in the restricted use case, was not accepted.
There was rough consensus to support this decision.

Protocol Quality

Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck have reviewed this specification
for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce