Subject: Revised Last Call: 'SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes' to Proposed

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:06:29 -0400

Standard Reply-to: [email-masked]
CC: <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from the Secure Shell WG to consider the 
following document:

- 'SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes '
   <draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This last call is being reissued because this document contains a
normative reference to an informational RFC:

RFC 2144 The CAST-128 Encryption Algorithm. C. Adams. May 1997.

It is customary to include normative references to informational
documents describing cryptographic algorithms.  However the procedures
of RFC 3967 require that this normative reference be called out in the
IETF last call.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few
weeks, and solicits final comments on this action.  Please send any
comments to the [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by
2005-09-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-04.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce