Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCP Options for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:16:33 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCP Options for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-bcmc-options-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-bcmc-options-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document defines new options for Broadcast and Multicast Service
   controller discovery in an IP network.  Broadcast service is being
   developed for 3rd generation (3G) cellular telephone networks.  Users
   of the service interact with a controller in the network via the
   Mobile Node (MN) to derive information required to receive broadcast
   service.  Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol can be used to
   configure the MN to acccess a particular controller.  This document
   defines the related options and option codes.
 
Working Group Summary

   This draft is a work item of the DHC WG.

Protocol Quality

    Thomas Narten provided a detailed review just before IETF LC,
    and his comments have been addressed in this version.  This 
    document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce