Subject: RFC 4151 on The 'tag' URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:44:07 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4151

        Title:      The 'tag' URI Scheme
        Author(s):  T. Kindberg, S. Hawke
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22555
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-kindberg-tag-uri-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4151.txt

This document describes the "tag" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme.  Tag URIs (also known as "tags") are designed to be unique
across space and time while being tractable to humans.  They are
distinct from most other URIs in that they have no authoritative
resolution mechanism.  A tag may be used purely as an entity
identifier.  Furthermore, using tags has some advantages over the
common practice of using "http" URIs as identifiers for
non-HTTP-accessible resources.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce