Subject: RFC 4189 on Requirements for End-to-Middle Security for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:55:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4189

        Title:      Requirements for End-to-Middle Security for
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  K. Ono, S. Tachimoto
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25842
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-e2m-sec-reqs-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4189.txt

A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent (UA) does not always
trust all intermediaries in its request path to inspect its message
bodies and/or headers contained in its message.  The UA might want to
protect the message bodies and/or headers from intermediaries, except
those that provide services based on its content.  This situation
requires a mechanism called "end-to-middle security" to secure the
information passed between the UA and intermediaries, which does not
interfere with end-to-end security.  This document defines a set of
requirements for a mechanism to achieve end-to-middle security.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce