Subject: BCP 112, RFC 4222 on Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Version 2 Packets and Congestion Avoidance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:31:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 112
        RFC 4222

        Title:      Prioritized Treatment of Specific OSPF Version 2
                    Packets and Congestion Avoidance
        Author(s):  G. Choudhury, Ed.
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34132
        SeeAlso:    BCP0112

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-scalability-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4222.txt

This document recommends methods that are intended to improve the
scalability and stability of large networks using Open Shortest
Path First (OSPF) Version 2 protocol.  The methods include processing
OSPF Hellos and Link State Advertisement (LSA) Acknowledgments at a
higher priority compared to other OSPF packets, and other congestion
avoidance procedures.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce