Subject: RFC 4197 on Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) Circuits over Packet Switching Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:55:00 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4197

        Title:      Requirements for Edge-to-Edge Emulation of
                    Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) Circuits over
                    Packet Switching Networks
        Author(s):  M. Riegel
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 47937
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-requirements-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4197.txt

This document defines the specific requirements for edge-to-edge
emulation of circuits carrying Time Division Multiplexed (TDM)
digital signals of the Plesiochronous Digital Hierarchy as well as
the Synchronous Optical NETwork/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy over
packet-switched networks.  It is aligned to the common architecture
for Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3).  It makes references
to the generic requirements for PWE3 where applicable and complements
them by defining requirements originating from specifics of TDM circuits.

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce