Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-dos-03.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:54:11 -0400

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

               Internet Denial of Service Considerations
                          draft-iab-dos-03.txt

as an Informational RFC. This document provides a survey
of known denial of service (DoS) attack types on various
parts of Internet infrastructure (hosts, routers, links,
etc), as well as reviewing attack amplifiers.  Mitigation
strategies -- from protocol design through deployment
choices -- are explored.

The IAB solicits comments by November 26, 2005. Please send
comments to the IAB ([email-masked]), or to [email-masked].

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-dos-03.txt

>From the Abstract:

   This document provides an overview of possible avenues for denial-of-
   service attack on Internet systems.  The aim is to encourage protocol
   designers and network engineers towards designs that are more robust.
   We discuss partial solutions that reduce the effectiveness of
   attacks, and how some solutions might inadvertently open up
   alternative vulnerabilities.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce