Subject: RFC 4248 on The telnet URI Scheme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:53:21 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4248

        Title:      The telnet URI Scheme
        Author(s):  P. Hoffman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7292
        Obsoletes:  1738

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-telnet-uri-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4248.txt

This document specifies the telnet Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme that was originally specified in RFC 1738.  The purpose of
this document is to allow RFC 1738 to be made obsolete while keeping
the information about the scheme on standards track.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD\01) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce