Subject: RFC 4201 on Link Bundling in MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:09:05 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4201

        Title:      Link Bundling in MPLS Traffic Engineering (TE)
        Author(s):  K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter, L. Berger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27033
        Updates:    3471, 3472, 3473

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-bundle-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4201.txt

For the purpose of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
signaling, in certain cases a combination of <link identifier, label>
is not sufficient to unambiguously identify the appropriate resource
used by a Label Switched Path (LSP).  Such cases are handled by using
the link bundling construct, which is described in this document.
This document updates the interface identification TLVs, which are
defined in the GMPLS Signaling Functional Description.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce