Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for Resource Lists' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:41:04 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Notification Extension for 
   Resource Lists '
   <draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document began as the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group, and was completed by the Session
Initiation Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document presents an extension to the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP)-Specific Event Notification mechanism (RFC 3265) for subscribing
   to a homogeneous list of resources.  Instead of the subscriber
   sending a SUBSCRIBE for each resource individually, the subscriber
   can subscribe to an entire list, and then receive notifications when
   the state of any of the resources in the list changes.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The SIMPLE working group supported this capability strongly.  The document
 was transferred to the SIP working group because it needed a SIP option tag.
 There was a delay while reviewing and revising its discussion of identity.
 The Open Mobile Alliance has expressed a critical requirement for this
  specification.

Protocol Quality
 
 This protocol has been tested in SIMPLE interoperability sessions.  It was
 reviewed for the IESG by Allison Mankin.

Note to the RFC Editor

OLD:
Language tags are defined in RFC 1766 [6].

NEW:
Language tags are defined in RFC 3066 [6].

Change reference [6] to a reference to RFC 3066.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce