Subject: RFC 4215 on Analysis on IPv6 Transition in Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:00:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4215

        Title:      Analysis on IPv6 Transition in
                    Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP)
                    Networks
        Author(s):  J. Wiljakka, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 52903
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-analysis-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4215.txt

This document analyzes the transition to IPv6 in Third Generation
Partnership Project (3GPP) packet networks.  These networks are
based on General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) technology, and the
radio network architecture is based on Global System for Mobile
Communications (GSM) or Universal Mobile Telecommunications System
(UMTS)/Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) technology.

The focus is on analyzing different transition scenarios and
applicable transition mechanisms and finding solutions for those
transition scenarios.  In these scenarios, the User Equipment (UE)
connects to other nodes, e.g., in the Internet, and IPv6/IPv4
transition mechanisms are needed.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group of the
IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce