Subject: RFC 4237 on Voice Messaging Directory Service

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:45:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4237

        Title:      Voice Messaging Directory Service
        Author(s):  G. Vaudreuil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26093
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-vpim-vpimdir-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4237.txt

This document provides details of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
(VPIM) directory service.  The service provides the email address of
the recipient that is given a telephone number.  It optionally
provides the spoken name of the recipient and the media capabilities
of the recipient.

The VPIM directory Schema provides essential additional
attributes to recreate the voice mail user experience using
standardized directories.  This user experience provides, at the
time of addressing, basic assurances that the message will be
delivered as intended.  This document combines two earlier documents,
one from Anne Brown and one from Greg Vaudreuil, that define a voice
messaging schema into a single working group submission.

This document is a product of the Voice Profile for Internet Mail
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce