Subject: Document Action: 'Use of IKEv2 in The Fibre Channel Security Association Management Protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:24:19 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Use of IKEv2 in The Fibre Channel Security Association Management Protocol '
   <draft-maino-fcsp-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-maino-fcsp-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes the use of IKEv2 to negotiate security
  protocols and transforms for Fibre Channel as part of the Fibre
  Channel Security Association Management Protocol, which is being
  specified outside of IETF by INCITS Technical Committee T11.  This
  usage requires that IKEv2 be extended with Fibre-Channel-specific
  security protocols, transforms and name types.  This document
  specifies the necessary IKEv2 extensions and allocates identifiers
  for them.

Working Group Summary

  There was no significant dissent.  Using new IKEv2 identifiers for
  Fibre Channel security protocols avoids any possible confusion
  between IKEv2 negotiation for IP networks and IKEv2 negotiation
  for Fibre Channel by comparison to an approach based on existing
  extension mechanisms (e.g., Vendor ID payload).

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Tero Kivinen as an IKEv2 expert.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce