Subject: RFC 4218 on Threats Relating to IPv6 Multihoming Solutions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:50:28 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4218

        Title:      Threats Relating to IPv6 Multihoming Solutions
        Author(s):  E. Nordmark, T. Li
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 75969
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-threats-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4218.txt

This document lists security threats related to IPv6 multihoming.
Multihoming can introduce new opportunities to redirect packets to
different, unintended IP addresses.

The intent is to look at how IPv6 multihoming solutions might make
the Internet less secure; we examine threats that are inherent to
all IPv6 multihoming solutions rather than study any specific
proposed solution.  The threats in this document build
upon the threats discovered and discussed as part of the Mobile IPv6
work. 

This document is a product of the Site Multihoming in IPv6 Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce