Subject: Last Call: 'Real-Time Facsimile (T.38) - audio/t38 MIME Sub-type Registration' to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:20:28 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual to consider the 
following document:

- 'Real-Time Facsimile (T.38) - audio/t38 MIME Sub-type Registration '
   <draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-05.txt> 

This document was Last Called as Proposed Standard in the past, but
review by the Audio Video Transport Working Group and the
IESG led to concern that the format not become a precedent
for future media types.  It should be registered because it is
required for a very specific application within ITU SG 16's
T.38's real-time fax support, but shown in the RFC as literally
a legacy.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-11-11.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jones-avt-audio-t38-05.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce