Subject: RFC 4206 on Label Switched Paths (LSP) Hierarchy with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:16:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4206

        Title:      Label Switched Paths (LSP) Hierarchy with
                    Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
                    Traffic Engineering (TE)
        Author(s):  K. Kompella, Y. Rekhter
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31965
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-hierarchy-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4206.txt

To improve scalability of Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching
(GMPLS) it may be useful to aggregate Label Switched Paths (LSPs) by
creating a hierarchy of such LSPs.  A way to create such a hierarchy
is by (a) a Label Switching Router (LSR) creating a Traffic
Engineering Label Switched Path (TE LSP), (b) the LSR forming a
forwarding adjacency (FA) out of that LSP (by advertising this LSP as
a Traffic Engineering (TE) link into the same instance of ISIS/OSPF
as the one that was used to create the LSP), (c) allowing other LSRs
to use FAs for their path computation, and (d) nesting of LSPs
originated by other LSRs into that LSP (by using the label stack
construct).

This document describes the mechanisms to accomplish this.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce