Subject: RFC 4212 on Alternative Certificate Formats for the Public-Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX) Certificate Management Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:37:47 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4212

        Title:      Alternative Certificate Formats for the
                    Public-Key Infrastructure Using X.509 (PKIX)
                    Certificate Management Protocols
        Author(s):  M. Blinov, C. Adams
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 41757
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-adams-cmpaltcert-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4212.txt

The Public-Key Infrastructure using X.509 (PKIX) Working Group of the
Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) has defined a number of
certificate management protocols.  These protocols are primarily
focused on X.509v3 public-key certificates.  However, it is sometimes
desirable to manage certificates in alternative formats as well.  This
document specifies how such certificates may be requested using the
Certificate Request Message Format (CRMF) syntax that is used by
several different protocols.  It also explains how alternative
certificate formats may be incorporated into such popular protocols as
PKIX Certificate Management Protocol (PKIX-CMP) and Certificate
Management Messages over CMS (CMC).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce