Subject: RFC 4214 on Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:29:48 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4214

        Title:      Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol
                    (ISATAP)
        Author(s):  F. Templin, T. Gleeson, M. Talwar, D. Thaler
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       October 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 27811
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ngtrans-isatap-22.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4214.txt

The Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP) connects
IPv6 hosts/routers over IPv4 networks.  ISATAP views the IPv4 network
as a link layer for IPv6 and views other nodes on the network as
potential IPv6 hosts/routers.  ISATAP supports an automatic tunneling
abstraction similar to the Non-Broadcast Multiple Access (NBMA)
model.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce