Subject: IESG Projects Page

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:30:19 -0500

The IESG has created a web page that tracks some long-term projects which have
been undertaken by its members. This page is called the IESG Projects List.
Projects tracked on this page are generally not resolved with a simple
deliverable, but are exploratory in nature. They might involve the creation and
progression of IETF documents, revision of IESG or IETF procedures, or the
relationship of the IETF to other bodies.

The existence of a project indicates that one or more IESG members have taken
responsibility for exploring the problem space of the project. Not all such
undertakings end up requiring any action from the IESG, for a variety of
reasons. As work on a project progresses, it may be overtaken by events, or
discontinued for other reasons. Oftentimes, the deliverable originally
envisioned for a project changes as work progresses. For that reason, the
existence of a project does not guarantee the work predicted at its inception
will necessarily be tendered at its conclusion.

In the interests of providing greater transparency of IESG activities, the IESG
is making this page available to the IETF. Questions about particular projects
can be directed to the Area Director(s) responsible for the projects in
question. Questions or comments about the list in general can be sent to
[email-masked].

The URL for the IESG Projects List is:

http://unreason.com/jfp/iesg-projects.html

A link to this page is being added to the IESG page at
http://www.ietf.org/iesg.html.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce