Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for new URI Schemes' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:23:13 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for new URI Schemes '
   <draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-06.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-
06.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document provides guidelines and recommendations for the
definition of Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) schemes.  It also
updates the process and IANA registry for URI schemes.  If approved,
this document obsoletes RFCs 2717 and 2718.

Working Group Summary

This document is the work of individual submitters.  It has not been
reviewed by an IETF working group, though it was reviewed by members
of the [email-masked] mailing list.  An IETF last call was requested and
completed.  Review comments have been incorporated into the document.

Protocol Quality

Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this document for the IESG.  In
addition, it was reviewed by the members of the [email-masked] mailing
list.

Note to the RFC Editor

ABSTRACT
   Add the sentence "It obsoletes both RFC 2717 and RFC 2718."
   to the end of the abstract.

Section 5.2:
OLD
5.  If Expert Review recommends registration 'provisional' or
    'provisional' registration, IANA adds the registration to the
     ^^^^^^^^^^^
       appropriate registry.

NEW
5.  If Expert Review recommends registration 'provisional' or
    'permanent' registration, IANA adds the registration to the
     ^^^^^^^^^
    appropriate registry.

Section 5.3:

OLD
    Transition to 'permanent' status (or from 'permanent' to 'historical'
    status) requires IESG approval; transition from 'provisional' to
    'historical' may be requested by anyone authorized to update the
    provisional registration.
NEW
    Transition from 'provisional' to 'permanent' status may be requested
    and approved in the same manner as a new 'permanent' registration.
    Transition from 'permanent' to 'historical' status requires IESG
    approval. Transition from 'provisional' to 'historical' may be
    requested by anyone authorized to update the provisional
    registration.

Acknowledgment
   Please remove the reference '[14]' after [email-masked] and its
   appearance [14] <mailto:[email-masked]> in the references list.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce