Subject: RFC 4190 on Framework for Supporting Emergency Telecommunications Service (ETS) in IP Telephony

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:48:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4190

        Title:      Framework for Supporting Emergency
                    Telecommunications Service (ETS) in IP Telephony
        Author(s):  K. Carlberg, I. Brown, C. Beard
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 69447
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ieprep-framework-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4190.txt

This document presents a framework for supporting authorized,
emergency-related communication within the context of IP telephony.
We present a series of objectives that reflect a general view of how
authorized emergency service, in line with the Emergency
Telecommunications Service (ETS), should be realized within today's
IP architecture and service models.  From these objectives, we
present a corresponding set of protocols and capabilities, which
provide a more specific set of recommendations regarding existing
IETF protocols.  Finally, we present two scenarios that act as
guiding models for the objectives and functions listed in this
document.  These models, coupled with an example of an existing
service in the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), contribute to
a constrained solution space.

This document is a product of the Internet Emergency Preparedness
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce