Subject: RFC 4142 on Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail (FFPIM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:16:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4142

        Title:      Full-mode Fax Profile for Internet Mail (FFPIM)
        Author(s):  D. Crocker, G. Klyne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16791
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4142.txt

Classic facsimile document exchange represents both a set of
technical specifications and a class of service.  Previous work has
replicated some of that service class as a profile within Internet
mail.  The current specification defines "full mode" carriage of
facsimile data over the Internet, building upon that previous work
and adding the remaining functionality necessary for achieving
reliability and capability negotiation for Internet mail, on a par
with classic T.30 facsimile.  These additional features are designed
to provide the highest level of interoperability with the
standards-compliant email infrastructure and mail user agents, while
providing a level of service that approximates what is currently
enjoyed by fax users.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce