Subject: Protocol Action: 'PWE3 Control Word for use over an MPLS PSN' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:04:28 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'PWE3 Control Word for use over an MPLS PSN '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-cw-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Margaret Wasserman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-cw-06.txt

   - Technical Summary

   This document describes the preferred designs of the PWE3
   MPLS Control Word, and the Pseudo Wire Associated Channel Header.
   The design of these fields is chosen so that an MPLS LSR
   performing MPLS payload inspection will not confuse a PWE3
   payload with an IP payload.

   - Working Group Summary

   This work has been thoroughly analysed by the working group
   and there is consensus for the design.

   - Protocol Quality

   The PWE3 WG and AVT WG have abided by this design. This document
   places the reasons for this design on record as guidance for
   future MPLS payload designers.

RFC Editor Note:

Editor, please update the [RFC1883] to RFC 2460. RFC 2460 obsoletes RFC 1883.

Please spell out the first use of "OAM."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce