Subject: Community review requested of SOW for Secretariat and Meeting Services

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:55:47 -0500

(on behalf of Ray Pelletier, IAD)

The IAOC is negotiating a service agreement with NeuStar for secretariat
and meeting services. The statement of work (SOW) is an exhibit to the agreement
and also in negotiation.

See: http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/ for either .pdf or .doc of the SOW.

The SOW does not cover general contractual conditions such as final
ownership of tools produced under the SOW, it does not include future
tools development, and it does not include performance targets. These
points will be covered elsewhere. Note also that several provisions are
labelled "Under Discussion" reflecting areas where the parties have
not reached an understanding.

The IAOC is seeking input to refine the statement of work based on
existing and required practices. Any suggestions regarding
apparent omissions of work activities from the SOW or refinements in
definition of the activities would be appreciated.  Please
send comments to [email-masked] by Friday, December 2nd.

The SOW terms and conditions include, among others, the following
elements:

1. Location, selection and sponsorship of meetings
2. Meeting calendar
3. Competitive bids and contracting
4. Hotel and meeting accommodations
5. Registration services
6. Volunteers
7. Standards process support
8. IETF Infrastructure (IT) Services
9. Obligations of the IETF community.

Your time and comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce