Subject: RFC 4141 on SMTP and MIME Extensions for Content Conversion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:15:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4141

        Title:      SMTP and MIME Extensions for Content Conversion
        Author(s):  K. Toyoda, D. Crocker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 55606
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-esmtp-conneg-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4141.txt

A message originator sometimes sends content in a form
the recipient cannot process or would prefer not to
process a form of lower quality than is preferred.  Such content needs
to be converted to an acceptable form, with the same information or
constrained information (e.g., changing from color to black and
white).  In a store-and-forward environment, it may be convenient to
have this conversion performed by an intermediary.  This specification
integrates two ESMTP extensions and three MIME content header fields,
which defines a cooperative service that permits authorized,
accountable content form conversion by intermediaries.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce