Subject: Document Action: 'The "info" URI Scheme for Information Assets with Identifiers in Public Namespaces' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 00:07:08 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The "info" URI Scheme for Information Assets with Identifiers in Public 
   Namespaces '
   <draft-vandesompel-info-uri-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-info-uri-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines the "info" Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
scheme for information assets that have identifiers in public
namespaces but are not otherwise part of the URI allocation.  By information
asset this document intends any information construct that has
identity within a public namespace.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This work is the produce of an individual submitter, but was discussed on
the URI mailing list and extensively with those familiar with the URN system.
There was significant dissent, but the discussion concluded that the new
approach to URI scheme registration supported this use.

Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie

Note to the RFC Editor

OLD:

  [RFC2718]  Masinter, L., Alvestrand, H., Zigmond, D., and R. Petke,
              "Guidelines for new URL Schemes", RFC 2718, November 1999.

              Retrieved September 20, 2003 from
              <http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2718.txt>.

NEW:

[URIREG] Hansen, T., Hardie, T., Masinter, L. "Guidelines and Registration
Procedures for new URI Schemes",
draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-06.txt,
October 2005.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce