Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCP Lease Query' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:02:18 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCP Lease Query '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
A DHCP server contains considerable authoritative information
concerning the IP addresses it has leased to DHCP clients.  Other
processes and devices, many that already send and receive DHCP format
packets, sometimes need to access this information.  The leasequery
protocol is designed to give these processes and devices a
lightweight way to access information that may be critical to their
operation.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a work item of the DHC WG, and it represents the 
consensus of the group.  It was updated substantially based on
comments from Thomas Narten.

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce