Subject: Protocol Action: 'RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:01:05 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format 
   (PIDF) '
   <draft-ietf-simple-rpid-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-rpid-10.txt

Technical Summary

This document utilizes the extention mechanisms within the
Presence Information Document Format (PIDF) adding optional
elements with additional information about the presentity
and its contacts. This extension includes information
about what the person is doing, a grouping identifier for a
tuple, when a service or device was last used, the type of
place a person is in, what media communications might
remain private, the relationship of a service tuple to
another presentity, the person's mood, the time zone it is
located in, the type of service it offers, and an icon
reflecting the presentity's status and the overall role of
the presentity.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been through many extensive working group
  discussions. It reflects a strong working group consensus.

Protocol Quality

  Robert Sparks was the PROTO sheperd for this document.  Ted Hardie 
  reviewed the document for the IESG.  Interoperable exchange of presence 
  documents using these extensions has been seen at several of the SIP 
  Interoperability Test Events (SIPITs).

Note to RFC Editor
 
OLD:

The Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) definition [8] describes
   a basic presence information data format, encoded as an Extensible
   Markup Language (XML)

NEW:

The Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) definition [8] describes
   a basic presence information data format, encoded as an Extensible
   Markup Language (XML) (SCHEMA-1) (SCHEMA-2)

Please also add the following normative references:

(SCHEMA-1) Maloney, M., Beech, D., Thompson, H., and N. Mendelsohn,
              "XML Schema Part 1: Structures Second Edition", W3C
              REC REC-xmlschema-1-20041028, October 2004.

(SCHEMA-2) Malhotra, A. and P. Biron, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes
              Second Edition", W3C REC REC-xmlschema-2-20041028,
              October 2004.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce