Subject: RFC 4296 on The Architecture of Direct Data Placement (DDP) and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) on Internet Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:55:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4296

        Title:      The Architecture of Direct Data Placement (DDP)
                    and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) on Internet
                    Protocols
        Author(s):  S. Bailey, T. Talpey
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 43907
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rddp-arch-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4296.txt

This document defines an abstract architecture for Direct Data
Placement (DDP) and Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) protocols to
run on Internet Protocol-suite transports.  This architecture does not
necessarily reflect the proper way to implement such protocols, but
is, rather, a descriptive tool for defining and understanding the
protocols.  DDP allows the efficient placement of data into buffers
designated by Upper Layer Protocols (e.g., RDMA).  RDMA provides the
semantics to enable Remote Direct Memory Access between peers in a way
consistent with application requirements.

This document is a product of the Remote Direct Data Placement Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce