Subject: RFC 4324 on Calendar Access Protocol (CAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:10:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4324

        Title:      Calendar Access Protocol (CAP)
        Author(s):  D. Royer, G. Babics, S. Mansour
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      131
        Characters: 254638
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-royer-calsch-cap-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4324.txt

The Calendar Access Protocol (CAP) described in this memo permits a
Calendar User (CU) to utilize a Calendar User Agent (CUA) to access an
iCAL-based Calendar Store (CS).  At the time of this writing, three
vendors are implementing CAP, but it has already been determined that
some changes are needed.  In order to get implementation experience,
the participants felt that a CAP specification is needed to preserve
many years of work.  Many properties in CAP which have had many years
of debate, can be used by other iCalendar protocols.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce