Subject: RFC 4282 on The Network Access Identifier

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:23:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4282

        Title:      The Network Access Identifier
        Author(s):  B. Aboba, M. Beadles, J. Arkko, P. Eronen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34421
        Obsoletes:  2486

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4282.txt

In order to provide roaming services, it is necessary to have a
standardized method for identifying users.  This document defines the
syntax for the Network Access Identifier (NAI), the user identity
submitted by the client during network authentication.  "Roaming" may
be loosely defined as the ability to use any one of multiple Internet
Service Providers (ISPs), while maintaining a formal,
\%customer-vendor
relationship with only one.  Examples of where roaming capabilities
might be required include ISP "confederations" and \%ISP-provided
corporate network access support.  This document is a revised version
of RFC 2486, which originally defined NAIs.  Enhancements include
international character set and privacy support, as well as a number
of corrections to the original RFC.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce