Subject: RFC 4304 on Extended Sequence Number (ESN) Addendum to IPsec Domain of Interpretation (DOI) for Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:39:03 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4304

        Title:      Extended Sequence Number (ESN) Addendum to
                    IPsec Domain of Interpretation (DOI)
                    for Internet Security Association
                    and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP)
        Author(s):  S. Kent
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9243
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-esn-addendum-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4304.txt

The IP Security Authentication Header (AH) and Encapsulating Security
Payload (ESP) protocols use a sequence number to detect replay.  This
document describes extensions to the Internet IP Security Domain of
Interpretation (DOI) for the Internet Security Association and Key
Management Protocol (ISAKMP).  These extensions support negotiation of
the use of traditional 32-bit sequence numbers or extended (64-bit)
sequence numbers (ESNs) for a particular AH or ESP security
association. 

This document is a product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce