Subject: RFC 4326 on Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) for Transmission of IP Datagrams over an MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:41:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4326

        Title:      Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) for
                    Transmission of IP Datagrams over an MPEG-2
                    Transport Stream (TS)
        Author(s):  G. Fairhurst, B. Collini-Nocker
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 95422
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipdvb-ule-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4326.txt

The MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) has been widely accepted not only
for providing digital TV services, but also as a subnetwork
technology for building IP networks.

This document describes a Unidirectional Lightweight Encapsulation
(ULE) mechanism for the transport of IPv4 and IPv6 Datagrams and
other network protocol packets directly over the ISO MPEG-2
Transport Stream as TS Private Data.  ULE specifies a base
encapsulation format and supports an extension format that allows it
to carry additional header information to assist in network/Receiver
processing.

This document is a product of the IP Over DVB Working Group of the
IETF.  

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce