Subject: RFC 4313 on Requirements for Distributed Control of Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Speaker Identification/Speaker Verification (SI/SV), and Text-to-Speech (TTS) Resources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:32:27 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4313

        Title:      Requirements for Distributed Control of
                    Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR),
                    Speaker Identification/Speaker Verification
                    (SI/SV), and Text-to-Speech (TTS) Resources
        Author(s):  D. Oran
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 46875
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-07.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4313.txt

This document outlines the needs and requirements for a protocol to
control distributed speech processing of audio streams.  By speech
processing, this document specifically means automatic speech
recognition (ASR), speaker recognition -- which includes both
speaker identification (SI) and speaker verification (SV) -- and 
text-to-speech (TTS).  Other IETF protocols, such as SIP and Real 
Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), address rendezvous and control for 
generalized media streams.  However, speech processing presents
additional requirements that none of the extant IETF protocols
address.

This document is a product of the Speech Services Control Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce