Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transmission of IPv6, IPv4 and ARP Packets over Fibre Channel' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:39:07 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transmission of IPv6, IPv4 and ARP Packets over Fibre Channel '
   <draft-ietf-imss-ip-over-fibre-channel-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document obsoletes RFC2625 and RFC3831.

This document is the product of the Internet and Management Support for Storage
 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imss-ip-over-fibre-channel-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies the encapsulation of IPv6, IPv4 and ARP 
  packets over Fibre Channel.  This document also specifies the methods
  for forming IPv6 link-local addresses and statelessly autoconfigured 
  IPv6 addresses on Fibre Channel networks, and a mechanism to perform 
  IPv4 address resolution over Fibre Channel networks. This document
  (when published as RFC) obsoletes RFC2625 and RFC3831.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document has been reviewed by Fibre Channel experts in
  Technical Committee T11 (Fibre Channel standards organization)
  in addition to members of the IMSS WG. There is solid support
  for this document both in the WG and from T11.

Protocol Quality
 
  This document replaces and consolidates two separate RFCs on IPv4 over
  Fibre Channel (RFC 2625) and IPv6 over Fibre Channel (RFC 3831).  Most
  of its technical content is unchanged from those RFCs.  The technical
  changes that have been made are primarily based on implementation
  experience.

  The protocol has been reviewed for the IESG by David L. Black
  (WG chair).

  Also Bert Wijnen has reviewed this document for the IESG.

  In addition, Brian Haberman has done a review for the INT Area
  as requested by WG-chair (David Black) via Margaret Wasserman.

Note to RFC Editor

- Make sure the abstract lists the RFCs that will be obsoleted:

OLD:
Abstract

   This document specifies the way of encapsulating IPv6, IPv4 and ARP
   packets over Fibre Channel.  This document specifies also the method
   of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and statelessly autoconfigured
   IPv6 addresses on Fibre Channel networks, and a mechanism to perform
   IPv4 address resolution over Fibre Channel networks.
NEW:
Abstract

   This document specifies the way of encapsulating IPv6, IPv4 and ARP
   packets over Fibre Channel.  This document specifies also the method
   of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and statelessly autoconfigured
   IPv6 addresses on Fibre Channel networks, and a mechanism to perform
   IPv4 address resolution over Fibre Channel networks.

   This document obsoletes RFC2625 and RFC3831.

- In the acknowledgement section pls add a few more acknowledgements:

OLD:

   The authors would like to acknowledge the ANSI INCITS T11.3 Task
   Group members who reviewed this document as well as the authors of
   [RFC-2625] and [RFC-3831].

NEW:

   The authors would like to acknowledge the ANSI INCITS T11.3 Task
   Group members who reviewed this document as well as the authors of
   [RFC-2625] and [RFC-3831]. The authors also thank the IMSS WG and 
   Brian Haberman for their review and comments.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce