Subject: RFC 4305 on Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:40:13 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4305

        Title:      Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation
                    Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload
                    (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)
        Author(s):  D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17991
        Obsoletes:  2404, 2406

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4305.txt

The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Encapsulating
Security Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) provide
two mechanisms for protecting data being sent over an IPsec Security
Association (SA).  To ensure interoperability between disparate
implementations, it is necessary to specify a set of
mandatory-to-implement algorithms to ensure that there is at least one
algorithm that all implementations will have available.  This document
defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP
and AH as well as specifying algorithms that should be implemented
because they may be promoted to mandatory at some future time.

This document is a product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce