Subject: Reminder: Call for nominations: IAOC position selected by the IESG

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:13:22 -0500

The IESG is making a call for volunteers for the IETF
Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in
BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and the approved BCP
draft-iab-iesg-iaoc-selection-03.txt.

The IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC
term in alternate years. This year, the IESG will select one person
for a term ending in spring 2008.

The incumbent is Kurtis Lindqvist, who was selected by the
IESG for an initial one year term expiring in spring 2006.

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the
IETF, knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and
familiarity with the administrative support needs of the IAB, the
IESG, and the IETF standards process.

The candidates are also expected to be able to understand the
respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF
community.

The candidates will also be expected to exercise all the duties of an
IAOC member, including being prepared to undertake any associated
responsibilities.  These include, but are not limited to, the setting
of administrative support policies, oversight of the administrative
operations of the IETF, and representing the interests of the IETF to
the IAOC.  The candidates must be able to undertake full
participation in all Committee meetings and Committee activities.

The IESG-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent the
IESG.  The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable directly to
the IETF community. Candidates do not need to be current members of 
the IAB or IESG, and in fact we prefer nominations and volunteers from
the rest of the community.

IAOC members need to attend several hours of meetings during
each IETF week, including the Plenary and IAOC office hours
to address questions from the community. There are regular
conference calls (currently one hour per week). Several hours
per week will be needed for email and document work. Extra travel
is not normally required. 

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone
who may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and
email address to <[email-masked]>.

The IESG will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates'
qualifications and willingness to serve.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will
be made public on the [email-masked] list after the end of
the solicitation period (December 23).

The IESG expects to make a decision on or before February 3 (prior
to the expected date at which the Nomcom will select its IAOC nominee).

   Brian Carpenter

________________________

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce