Subject: Protocol Action: 'CIPID: Contact Information in Presence Information Data Format' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:55:48 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CIPID: Contact Information in Presence Information Data Format '
   <draft-ietf-simple-cipid-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-cipid-07.txt

This document utilizes the extention mechanisms within the
Presence Information Document Format (PIDF) adding optional
elements with additional information about the presentity
and its contacts. 

This extension focuses on providing "business card" like
information in a presence document, including a card element
that can hold a vCard, a display name, a URI for a homepage,
a URI for an icon representing the presentity, a URI for
a map related to the presentity, and a URI for a sound
related to the entity.

Working Group Summary

  This document reflects WG consensus. It is related to, and was
  split out from, the Rich Presence Information Document format
  (RPID) work to facilitate building consensus.  

Protocol Quality

 Robert Sparks was the PROTO shepherd for this document.  Ted Hardie reviewed
 the document for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

OLD:

This specification defines extensions to the PIDF [5] XML (Extensible
   Markup Language) [6] document format.

NEW:

This specification defines extensions to the PIDF [5] XML (Extensible
   Markup Language) [6] [7] [8] document format. 

Please add the following normative references, and renumber the 
references following them:

[7] Maloney, M., Beech, D., Thompson, H., and N. Mendelsohn,
              "XML Schema Part 1: Structures Second Edition", W3C
              REC REC-xmlschema-1-20041028, October 2004.

[8] Malhotra, A. and P. Biron, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes
              Second Edition", W3C REC REC-xmlschema-2-20041028,
              October 2004.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce