Subject: RFC 4280 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Options for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:10:20 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4280

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Options
                    for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers
        Author(s):  K. Chowdhury, P. Yegani, L. Madour
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23001
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-bcmc-options-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4280.txt

This document defines new options to discover the Broadcast and
Multicast Service (BCMCS) controller in an IP network.  BCMCS is
being developed for Third generation (3G) cellular telephone
networks.  Users of the service interact with a controller in the
network via the Mobile Node (MN) to derive information required to
receive Broadcast and Multicast Service.  Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol can be used to configure the MN to access a particular
controller.  This document defines the related options and option
codes.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the
Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the "Internet
Official Protocol Standards" (STD\01) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce