Subject: RFC 4298 on RTP Payload Format for BroadVoice Speech Codecs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:07:59 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4298

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for BroadVoice Speech Codecs
        Author(s):  J.-H. Chen, W. Lee, J. Thyssen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30099
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-bv-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4298.txt

This document describes the RTP payload format for the BroadVoice(R)
narrowband and wideband speech codecs.  The narrowband codec, called
BroadVoice16, or BV16, has been selected by CableLabs as a mandatory
codec in PacketCable 1.5 and has a CableLabs specification.  The
document also provides specifications for the use of BroadVoice with
MIME and the Session Description Protocol (SDP).

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce