Subject: RFC 4240 on Basic Network Media Services with SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:30:37 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4240

        Title:      Basic Network Media Services with SIP
        Author(s):  E. Burger, Ed., J. Van Dyke, A. Spitzer
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54976
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-burger-sipping-netann-11.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4240.txt

In SIP-based networks, there is a need to provide basic network
media services.  Such services include network announcements, user
interaction, and conferencing services.  These services are basic
building blocks, from which one can construct interesting
applications.  In order to have interoperability between servers
offering these building blocks (also known as Media Servers) and
application developers, one needs to be able to locate and invoke
such services in a well defined manner.

This document describes a mechanism for providing an interoperable
interface between Application Servers, which provide application
services to SIP-based networks, and Media Servers, which provide the
basic media processing building blocks.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce