Subject: RFC 4332 on Cisco's Mobile IPv4 Host Configuration Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:50:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4332

        Title:      Cisco's Mobile IPv4 Host Configuration Extensions
        Author(s):  K. Leung, A. Patel, G. Tsirtsis, E. Klovning
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 19788
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-leung-cisco-mip4-host-config-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4332.txt

An IP device requires basic host configuration to be able to
communicate.  For example, it will typically require an IP address
and the address of a DNS server.  This information is configured
statically or obtained dynamically using Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol (DHCP) or Point-to-Point Protocol/IP Control Protocol
(PPP/IPCP).  However, both DHCP and PPP/IPCP provide host
configuration based on the access network.  In Mobile IPv4, the
registration process boots up a Mobile Node at an access network, also
known as a foreign network.  The information to configure the host
needs to be based on the home network.  This document describes the
Cisco vendor-specific extensions to Mobile IPv4 to provide the base
host configuration in Registration Request and Reply messages.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce