Subject: RFC 4259 on A Framework for Transmission of IP Datagrams over MPEG-2 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:07:00 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4259

        Title:      A Framework for Transmission of IP Datagrams over
                    MPEG-2 Networks
        Author(s):  M.-J. Montpetit, G. Fairhurst, H. Clausen,
                    B. Collini-Nocker, H. Linder
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 100423
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4259.txt

This document describes an architecture for the transport of IP
Datagrams over ISO MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS).  The MPEG-2 TS has
been widely accepted not only for providing digital TV services but
also as a subnetwork technology for building IP networks.  Examples of
systems using MPEG-2 include the Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) and
Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) Standards for Digital
Television.

The document identifies the need for a set of Internet standards
defining the interface between the MPEG-2 Transport Stream and an
IP subnetwork.  It suggests a new encapsulation method for IP
datagrams and proposes protocols to perform IPv6/IPv4 address
resolution, to associate IP packets with the properties of the
Logical Channels provided by an MPEG-2 TS.

This document is a product of the IP over DVB Working Group of the
IETF. 

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce