Subject: RFC 4306 on Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:41:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4306

        Title:      Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
        Author(s):  C. Kaufman, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2005
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      99
        Characters: 250941
        Obsoletes:  2407, 2408, 2409

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-17.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4306.txt

This document describes version 2 of the Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
protocol.  IKE is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
authentication and establishing and maintaining security associations
(SAs).

This version of the IKE specification combines the contents of what
were previously separate documents, including Internet Security
Association and Key Management Protocol (ISAKMP, RFC 2408), IKE
(RFC 2409), the Internet Domain of Interpretation (DOI, RFC 2407),
Network Address Translation (NAT) Traversal, Legacy
authentication, and remote address acquisition.

Version 2 of IKE does not interoperate with version 1, but it has
enough of the header format in common that both versions can
unambiguously run over the same UDP port.

This document is a product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce