Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video: Additional Colour Sampling Modes' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:13:40 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video: Additional Colour Sampling Modes '
   <draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-uncomp-video-ext-01.txt

Technical Summary:

This document defines additional color sampling modes ("RGB+", "RG+B", 
"R+GB", "BGR+", "BG+R" and "B+GR") for the RTP payload format for 
uncompressed video (RFC 4175). This extensions registers these new color 
sampling modes in the RFC 4175-defined IANA registry for "sampling".

Working Group Summary:

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Protocol Quality:

The added extensions follows the rules for registering them provided in 
RFC 4175. The document has been reviewed by the AVT WG, including
careful review by the available experts on this topic in the WG.  The IANA
review for the registry is complete. 

Allison Mankin is the responsible Area Director.  The Working Group  Chair
shepherd is Magnus Westerlund.

Notes to the RFC Editor

Abstract
OLD:
   This memo extends the RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video to
   support additional colour sampling modes.
NEW:
    The RTP Payload Format for Uncompressed Video, RFC 4175, defines a scheme 
    to packetise uncompressed, studio-quality, video streams for transport using
    RTP.  This memo extends the format to support additional colour sampling
    modes.

Section 4
OLD:
       v=0
       o=jdoe 2890844526 2890842807 IN IP4 10.47.16.5
       s=-
       c=IN IP4 10.47.16.6

NEW:
      v=0
       o=jdoe 2890844526 2890842807 IN IP4 192.0.2.5
       s=-
       c=IN IP4 192.0.2.6

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce