Subject: Protocol Action: 'Timed Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) to Indicate Status Information for Past and Future Time Intervals' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:58:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Timed Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) to 
   Indicate Status Information for Past and Future Time Intervals '
   <draft-ietf-simple-future-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-future-05.txt

Technical Summary

This document utilizes the extention mechanisms within the
Presence Information Document Format (PIDF) adding optional
elements with additional information about the presentity
and its contacts. 

This extension focuses on allowing a presentity to describe
aspects of its historic status for an interval of time in 
the past, or its expected status for an interval of time in
the future (timed-status).

Working Group Summary

  This document reflects WG consensus. It is related to, and was
  split out from, the Rich Presence Information Document format
  (RPID) work to facilitate building consensus. The semantics of
  advertising presence for a time that is not now were thouroghly
  debated and clarified in this document.

Protocol Quality

  Robert Sparks was the PROTO shepherd for this document. This document
  was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie

Note to RFC Editor

OLD:

The schema is shown below

NEW:

The XML schema [4] [5] [6] is shown below.

Please also add the following normative references and renumber the subsequent
references.

[4] Yergeau, F., Paoli, J., Sperberg-McQueen, C., Bray, T., and E.
        Maler, "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third Edition)",
        W3C REC REC-xml-20040204, February 2004.

[5] Maloney, M., Beech, D., Thompson, H., and N. Mendelsohn,
              "XML Schema Part 1: Structures Second Edition", W3C
              REC REC-xmlschema-1-20041028, October 2004.

[6] Malhotra, A. and P. Biron, "XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes
              Second Edition", W3C REC REC-xmlschema-2-20041028,
              October 2004.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce