Subject: RFC 4359 on The Use of RSA/SHA-1 Signatures within Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:52:10 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4359

        Title:      The Use of RSA/SHA-1 Signatures within
                    Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and
                    Authentication Header (AH)
        Author(s):  B. Weis
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26989
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-signatures-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4359.txt

This memo describes the use of the RSA digital signature algorithm as
an authentication algorithm within the revised IP Encapsulating
Security Payload (ESP) as described in RFC 4303 and the revised IP
Authentication Header (AH) as described in RFC 4302.  The use of a
digital signature algorithm, such as RSA, provides data origin
authentication in applications when a secret key method (e.g., HMAC)
does not provide this property.  One example is the use of ESP and AH
to authenticate the sender of an IP multicast packet.

This document is a product of the Multicast Security Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce