Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:00:01 -0500

The ADSL MIB (adslmib) working group in the Operations and Management Area 
of the IETF has been rechartered. For additional information, please contact
the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.

+++

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
===================

Current Stataus: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Michael Sneed <[email-masked]>
Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
David Kessens <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Technical Advisor(s):
Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/index.html

Description:

The working group will define a set of managed objects to be used for
management of newer versions of Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) as defined
in ITU-T Recommendation G.997.1 (02/2006).
The MIB defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2, will be
consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe the
relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces
MIB, and the AToM MIB.

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of this MIB.

Goals and Milestones:
Jan 2006 Initial WG Internet-Draft covering VDSL2 management objects
Feb 2006 Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work on the VDSL2 MIB has
begun.
Jun 2006 Integrate working group changes and produce revised VDSL2 MIB
draft.
Aug 2006 Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum of VDSL2 draft progress.
Sep 2006 Complete WG last call on VDSL2 MIB
Nov 2006 Submit VDSL2 MIB to IESG for consideration as Proposed Standard
Dec 2006 Re-charter or close down

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce