Subject: IESG evaluation of RFC 3683 PR-Action for Dean Anderson

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:51:56 -0500

The IESG has evaluated the possibility of a RFC 3683 PR-action for
Dean Anderson.

Please see the following URL for the corresponding Last Call
message and associated information:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg38293.html

There was extensive discussion on the IETF list and the IESG received
additional feedback directly.

After a careful evaluation of the feedback, mail archives, IESG minutes
and RFC 3683, the IESG has concluded that there is sufficient evidence
that Mr. Anderson has repeatedly engaged in behavior that is not
acceptable on IETF mail lists. RFC 3683 mentions the possibility of
using successive posting bans to try to modify such behavior. However,
it does not normatively require such bans. Mr. Anderson has repeatedly
been warned that his postings were unacceptable but he failed to heed
such warnings, and while often moderating his behavior for a limited
amount of time, he has not modified his behavior permanently.

To summarize, the IESG concluded that serious and repeated efforts to
make Mr. Anderson change his behavior did not succeed and that Mr.
Anderson's conduct was exactly the kind of conduct that RFC 3683
requires for a PR-action.

Therefore, the IESG has decided to take an RFC 3683 PR-Action for Dean
Anderson. The IESG has requested the secretariat to remove posting
rights for Dean Anderson for the IETF discussion list. As RFC 3683
prescribes, maintainers of any IETF mailing list may, at their discretion,
also remove posting rights to that IETF mailing list.

The IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce