Subject: Protocol Action: 'Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) key exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 10:50:30 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) key exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) 
   Transport Layer Protocol '
   <draft-harris-ssh-rsa-kex-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harris-ssh-rsa-kex-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo describes a key-exchange method for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   protocol based on Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) public-key encryption.
   It uses much less client CPU time than the Diffie-Hellman algorithm
   specified as part of the core protocol, and hence is particularly
   suitable for slow client systems.

Working Group Summary
 
   This document is not a product of the secsh working group  but it
   has been reviewed by participants of that working group. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document has been reviewed by Sam Hartman for the IESG.  There
   are at least two implementations of this specification underway.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Remove the trademark notice section prior to publication.  Unlike the core ssh
documents it is not needed in this case.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce