Subject: Call for Nominations: IETF-Selected ISOC Trustee

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 18:29:25 -0500

The Internet Society (ISOC) provides organizational and financial
support for the IETF. As part of the arrangements between ISOC and the
IETF, the IETF is called upon to name 3 Trustees to its Board (BoT),
with staggered 3 year terms. This requires that the IETF select one
Trustee each year.

A description of the IAB's process for selecting the Trustee each year 
can be found in RFC3677.

Timetable
---------

   The timeline the IAB is using this year is as follows:

   January 19:  Open nominations period.

   February 22: Close of nominations period.
                Publication of list of nominated candidates.
                IAB commences consideration of candidates.

   On or before
   April 5:     IAB selection delivered to IESG for confirmation.

   On or before
   May 3:      Delivery of final confirmed selection to the ISOC
               Elections Committee for announcement with the rest
               of the new ISOC BoT slate.

Nominations
-----------

   Nominations (including self-nominations) should be sent to the IAB --
   [email-masked]. Please include e-mail contact details with the
   nomination.

Nomination Details
-----------------

   Nominees should be aware that ISOC Trustees are elected to three
   year terms with approximately one third of the Board of Trustees
   elected each year. The responsibilities of a Trustee include fiscal
   management of the Internet Society, fundraising, and participation
   in 3 physical Board meetings plus 3 conference-call meetings per
   year.  The desirable characteristics of a candidate that are specific 
   to the IETF-selected ISOC BoT member are outlined in section 2 of 
   RFC 3677.

   Nominees will be asked to provide to the IAB:

     1. Confirmation of their willingness to be considered within this
        process.

     2. Full name and contact information.

     3. A statement confirming willingness and ability to devote an
        appropriate level of time to activities associated with the
        position of Trustee.

     4. A brief biography outlining experience and background.

     5. A statement of interests, concerns about the Internet Society,
        goals as a Trustee and motivation to serve as a Trustee.

     6. Any further information that is relevant to the work of the IAB
        in considering your nomination.

Care of Personal Information
----------------------------

   The following procedures will be used by the IAB in managing this
   process:

     - The candidate's name will be published, with all other
       candidate names, at the close of the nominations period

     - Excerpts of the information provided to the IAB by the
       nominated candidate will be passed to the IESG as part of the
       confirmation process. The IESG will be requested to maintain
       confidentiality of the candidate's information

     - Except as noted above, all information provided to the IAB
       during this process will be kept confidential to the IAB.

Current IETF-Selected Trustees
-------------------------------

   The current IETF-Selected ISOC Trustees and their term of
   appointment are:

     Margaret Wasserman  2003 - 2006 (*)

     Eric Huizer         2004 - 2007

     Fred Baker          2005 - 2008

       (*) Current term expires in 2006

Leslie Daigle,
Chair, IAB

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce