Subject: RFC 4273 on Definitions of Managed Objects for BGP-4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:21:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4273

        Title:      Definitions of Managed Objects for BGP-4
        Author(s):  J. Haas, Ed., S. Hares, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 65629
        Obsoletes:  1269, 1657

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mib-15.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4273.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community
In particular, it describes managed objects used for managing the
Border Gateway Protocol Version 4 or lower.

The origin of this memo is from RFC 1269 "Definitions of Managed
Objects for the Border Gateway Protocol (Version 3)", which was
updated to support BGP-4 in RFC 1657.  This memo fixes errors
introduced when the MIB module was converted to use the SMIv2
language.  This memo also updates references to the current SNMP
framework documents.

This memo is intended to document deployed implementations of this
MIB module in a historical context, to provide clarifications of some
items, and to note errors where the MIB module fails to fully
represent the BGP protocol.  Work is currently in progress to replace
this MIB module with a new one representing the current state of the
BGP protocol and its extensions.

This document obsoletes RFC 1269 and RFC 1657.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce