Subject: Protocol Action: 'BGP Route Reflection - An Alternative to Full Mesh IBGP' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:12:54 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'BGP Route Reflection - An Alternative to Full Mesh IBGP '
   <draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis-02.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis-02.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes the use and design of a method known as
   "Route Reflection" to alleviate the the need for "full mesh" IBGP.
   Route Reflection relaxes the rule that a route learned via IBGP
   must not be sent to another IBGP peer, for designated peers
   called "Route Reflectors".  It then replaces the full mesh among
   IBGP speakers with a single peering to a Route Reflector.
   This update adds an update to the BGP Decision Process.
 
Working Group Summary

   There was working group consensus to advance this
   specification to Draft Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Bill Fenner reviewed this specification for the IESG.  There are
   several known implementations, as described in the accompanying
   implementation report, available at the following URL:
   http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFC2796-implementations.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce