Subject: Protocol Action: 'Fibre Channel Fabric Address Manager MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:02:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Fibre Channel Fabric Address Manager MIB '
   <draft-ietf-imss-fc-fam-mib-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Internet and Management Support for Storage
 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-imss-fc-fam-mib-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes managed objects for information related
   to a Fibre Channel network's Fabric Address Manager.  Fabric Address
   Manager refers to the functionality of acquiring DomainID(s) as
   specified in [FC-SW-3], and managing Fibre Channel Identifiers as
   specified in [FC-FS].

Working Group Summary

   This document was reviewed in the IMSS WG and in Technical Committee
   T11 (the official Fibre Channel standards body).  T11 voted to
   recommend a prior version of this document to the IETF.
 
Protocol Quality

   The protocol has been reviewed for the imss WG by Keith McCloghrie
   (who is one in the group of authors).
   Orly Nicklass did independent MIB doctor review and Bert Wijnen 
   reviewed the document for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
- Section 7 is redundant with the back matter. So it is best deleted.

- Fix typo (missing "e"), sect 12 page 40
  OLD:
       t11FamRcFabricNotifyEnabl -- ability to enable/disable a
       notification.
  NEW:
       t11FamRcFabricNotifyEnable -- ability to enable/disable a
       notification.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce