Subject: RFC 4284 on Identity Selection Hints for the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:52:36 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4284

        Title:      Identity Selection Hints for the 
                    Extensible Authentication Protocol EAP 
        Author:     F. Adrangi,  V. Lortz, 
                    F. Bari,  P. Eronen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30322
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4284.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is defined in RFC 3748.
This document defines a mechanism that allows an access network to
provide identity selection hints to an EAP peer -- the end of the
link that responds to the authenticator.  The purpose is to assist
the EAP peer in selecting an appropriate Network Access Identifier
(NAI).  This is useful in situations where the peer does not receive
a lower-layer indication of what network it is connecting to, or when
there is no direct roaming relationship between the access network
and the peer\'s home network.  In the latter case, authentication is
typically accomplished via a mediating network such as a roaming
consortium or broker.

The mechanism defined in this document is limited in its scalability.
It is intended for access networks that have a small to moderate
number of direct roaming partners.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4284

        Title:      Identity Selection Hints for the 
                    Extensible Authentication Protocol EAP 
        Author:     F. Adrangi,  V. Lortz, 
                    F. Bari,  P. Eronen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30322
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-adrangi-eap-network-discovery-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4284.txt

The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is defined in RFC 3748.
This document defines a mechanism that allows an access network to
provide identity selection hints to an EAP peer -- the end of the
link that responds to the authenticator.  The purpose is to assist
the EAP peer in selecting an appropriate Network Access Identifier
(NAI).  This is useful in situations where the peer does not receive
a lower-layer indication of what network it is connecting to, or when
there is no direct roaming relationship between the access network
and the peer\'s home network.  In the latter case, authentication is
typically accomplished via a mediating network such as a roaming
consortium or broker.

The mechanism defined in this document is limited in its scalability.
It is intended for access networks that have a small to moderate
number of direct roaming partners.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce