Subject: RFC 4351 on Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload for Text Conversation Interleaved in an Audio Stream

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:58:54 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4351

        Title:      Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload for
                    Text Conversation Interleaved in an Audio Stream
        Author(s):  G. Hellstrom, P. Jones
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44405
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-audio-t140c-00.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4351.txt

This memo describes how to carry real-time text conversation
session contents in RTP packets.  Text conversation session contents
are specified in ITU-T Recommendation T.140.

One payload format is described for transmitting audio and text
data within a single RTP session.

This RTP payload description recommends a method to include
redundant text from already transmitted packets in order to reduce
the risk of text loss caused by packet loss.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF. 

This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet community.  It
does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce