Subject: RFC 4320 on Actions Addressing Identified Issues with the Session Initiation Protocol's (SIP) Non-INVITE Transaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:19:45 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4320

        Title:      Actions Addressing Identified Issues with the
                    Session Initiation Protocol's (SIP) Non-INVITE
                    Transaction
        Author(s):  R. Sparks
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13853
        Updates:    3261

        I-D Tag:    draft-sparks-sip-nit-actions-03.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4320.txt

This document describes modifications to the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) to address problems that have been identified with the
SIP non-INVITE transaction.  These modifications reduce the
probability of messages losing the race condition inherent in the
non-INVITE transaction and reduce useless network traffic.  They also
improve the robustness of SIP networks when elements stop responding.
These changes update behavior defined in RFC 3261.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Working
Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce