Subject: Last Call: 'Using the GOST R 34.10-94, GOST R 34.10-2001 and GOST R 34.11-94 algorithms with the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile.' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:19:50 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) WG 
to consider the following document:

- 'Using the GOST R 34.10-94, GOST R 34.10-2001 and GOST R 34.11-94 algorithms 
   with the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL 
   Profile. '
   <draft-ietf-pkix-gost-cppk-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document contains a "downref."  That is, there is a normative dependency
in this document on an Informational RFC.  This is not uncommon when the
Informational RFC contains details of cryptographic algorithms, as is the
case here.  This document contains a normative reference to:

- Popov, V., Kurepkin, I., and S. Leontiev, "Additional
  Cryptographic Algorithms for Use with GOST 28147-89,
  GOST R 34.10-94, GOST R 34.10-2001, and GOST R 34.11-94
  Algorithms", RFC 4357, January 2006.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-02-03.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-gost-cppk-05.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce