Subject: RFC 4345 on Improved Arcfour Modes for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:53:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4345

        Title:      Improved Arcfour Modes for the 
                    Secure Shell SSH Transport Layer Protocol 
        Author:     B. Harris
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8967
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4345.txt

This document specifies methods of using the Arcfour cipher in the
Secure Shell (SSH) protocol that mitigate the weakness of the
cipher\'s key-scheduling algorithm.  [STANDARDS TRACK].

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4345

        Title:      Improved Arcfour Modes for the 
                    Secure Shell SSH Transport Layer Protocol 
        Author:     B. Harris
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8967
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4345.txt

This document specifies methods of using the Arcfour cipher in the
Secure Shell (SSH) protocol that mitigate the weakness of the
cipher\'s key-scheduling algorithm.  [STANDARDS TRACK].

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce