Subject: RFC 4249 on Implementer-Friendly Specification of Message and MIME-Part Header Fields and Field Components

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:17:19 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4249

        Title:      Implementer-Friendly Specification of Message and
                    MIME-Part Header Fields and Field Components
        Author(s):  B. Lilly
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28731
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lilly-field-specification-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4249.txt

Implementation of generators and parsers of header fields requires
certain information about those fields.  Interoperability is most
likely when all such information is explicitly provided by the
technical specification of the fields.  Lacking such explicit
information, implementers may guess, and interoperability may suffer.
This memo identifies information useful to implementers of header
field generators and parsers.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce