Subject: RFC 4373 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Bulk Update/Replication Protocol (LBURP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:55:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4373

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol LDAP 
                    Bulk Update Replication Protocol LBURP 
        Author:     R. Harrison,  J. Sermersheim, 
                    Y. Dong
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 31091
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rharrison-lburp-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4373.txt

The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Bulk
Update/Replication Protocol (LBURP) allows an LDAP client to perform
a bulk update to an LDAP server.  The protocol frames a sequenced
set of update operations within a pair of LDAP extended operations
to notify the server that the update operations in the framed set
are related in such a way that the ordering of all operations can be
preserved during processing even when they are sent asynchronously
by the client.  Update operations can be grouped within a single
protocol message to maximize the efficiency of client-server
communication.

The protocol is suitable for efficiently making a substantial set
of updates to the entries in an LDAP server.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4373

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol LDAP 
                    Bulk Update Replication Protocol LBURP 
        Author:     R. Harrison,  J. Sermersheim, 
                    Y. Dong
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 31091
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rharrison-lburp-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4373.txt

The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Bulk
Update/Replication Protocol (LBURP) allows an LDAP client to perform
a bulk update to an LDAP server.  The protocol frames a sequenced
set of update operations within a pair of LDAP extended operations
to notify the server that the update operations in the framed set
are related in such a way that the ordering of all operations can be
preserved during processing even when they are sent asynchronously
by the client.  Update operations can be grouped within a single
protocol message to maximize the efficiency of client-server
communication.

The protocol is suitable for efficiently making a substantial set
of updates to the entries in an LDAP server.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce