Subject: Document Action: 'The AES-CMAC Algorithm' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:05:47 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The AES-CMAC Algorithm '
   <draft-songlee-aes-cmac-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-songlee-aes-cmac-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  AES-CMAC uses the AES cipher block to provide a 128-bit message
  authentication code (MAC).  The document provides clear guidelines
  on the use of AES-CMAC, test vectors, and test code.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This is an individual submission.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The AES-CMAC is one of choices for the message authentication
  code (MAC) and key derivation function (KDF) supported in 
  IEEE 802.16e.  We believe that AES-CMAC has been immplemented by
  INTEL, Runcom and SAMSUNG for their IEEE 802.16e-compliant products.
  We believe that other vendors develop or have developed AES-CMAC for
  their IEEE 802.16e-compliant products.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please delete the reference to [RFC1750] in the informative references.
  This document is not referenced in the text:

   [RFC1750]     Eastlake 3rd, D., Crocker, S., and J. Schiller,
                 "Randomness Recommendations for Security", RFC 1750,
                 December 1994.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce