Subject: RFC 4186 on Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) Subscriber Identity Modules (EAP-SIM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:51:47 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4186

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for
                    Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)
                    Subscriber Identity Modules (EAP-SIM)
        Author(s):  H. Haverinen, Ed., J. Salowey, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      92
        Characters: 220807
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-haverinen-pppext-eap-sim-16.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4186.txt

This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
mechanism for authentication and session key distribution using the
Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) Subscriber Identity
Module (SIM).  GSM is a second generation mobile network standard.
The EAP-SIM mechanism specifies enhancements to GSM authentication
and key agreement whereby multiple authentication triplets can be
combined to create authentication responses and session keys of
greater strength than the individual GSM triplets.  The mechanism
also includes network authentication, user anonymity support, result
indications, and a fast re-authentication procedure.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce