Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internet Code Point Assignments for NSAP Addresses' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:34:21 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet Code Point Assignments for NSAP Addresses '
   <draft-gray-rfc1888bis-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Margaret Wasserman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gray-rfc1888bis-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document is intended to accomplish two highly inter-related
   tasks: to establish an "initial" Internet Code Point (ICP) assignment
   for each of IPv4 and IPv6 address encoding in Network Service Access
   Point (NSAP) Addresses, and to recommend an IANA assignment policy
   for currently unassigned ICP values. In the first task, this document
   is a partial replacement for RFC 1888 - particularly for section 6 of
   RFC 1888. In the second task, this document incorporates wording and
   specifications from ITU recommendation X.213 and further recommends
   that IANA use the "IETF consensus" assignment policy in making future
   ICP assignments.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is an AD-sponsored individual submission.  It was sent
   to a four-week IETF LC, which resulted in a change to the references
   section and a document name change.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

Note to RFC Editor
 
   Dear RFC Editor,
  
   References in this document to RFC 2401 should be replaced by 
   references to RFC 4301.

   Also, despite what it says in the header, this document should
   "Update" RFC 1888, not "Obsolete" it, as we have already 
   published an RFC that obsoletes RFC 1888 (RFC 4048).

   Thank you!

IESG Note

 (Insert IESG Note here)

IANA Note

 (Insert IANA Note here)

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce