Subject: RFC 4187 on Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd Generation Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:53:16 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4187

        Title:      Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3rd
                    Generation Authentication and Key Agreement
                    (EAP-AKA)
        Author(s):  J. Arkko, H. Haverinen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      79
        Characters: 194958
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-arkko-pppext-eap-aka-15.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4187.txt

This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
mechanism for authentication and session key distribution that uses
the Authentication and Key Agreement (AKA) mechanism.  AKA is used in
the 3rd generation mobile networks Universal Mobile
Telecommunications System (UMTS) and CDMA2000.  AKA is based on
symmetric keys, and typically runs in a Subscriber Identity Module,
which is a UMTS Subscriber Identity Module, USIM, or a (Removable)
User Identity Module, (R)UIM, similar to a smart card.

EAP-AKA includes optional identity privacy support, optional result
indications, and an optional fast re-authentication procedure.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce