Subject: Protocol Action: 'XDR: External Data Representation Standard' to Full Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 10:16:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'XDR: External Data Representation Standard '
   <draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1832bis-06.txt> as a Full Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1832bis-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document is a revision to Full Standard of the venerable External Data
Representation (XDR) standard, which is used by protocols such as NFS to
describe the format of their data. The XDR standard is widely deployed in NFS
and other contexts. 
 
Working Group Summary

The NFSv4 Working Group supports the advancement of this document. This
document reflects essentially no changes from RFC1832 aside from more specific
IANA and Security Considerations and updated references.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Please add an indication to the title page that this document obsoletes RFC1832.Also:

Abstract

OLD:

   This document describes the External Data Representation Standard
   (XDR) protocol as it is currently deployed and accepted.

NEW:

   This document describes the External Data Representation Standard
   (XDR) protocol as it is currently deployed and accepted. This document
   obsoletes RFC1832.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce