Subject: IETF Server Migration â Part 2.

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:52:01 -0500

Hi All,

NeuStar Secretariat Services will be migrating the IETF to new servers in
accordance with the schedule below.  All work will be done on the weekends to
minimize disruptions, but there are periods when services will be down.

As the second part of the IETF server migration, we will be installing new
mailman servers over this weekend.  

We believe we are prepared for this move, but, as with all migrations of this
size and complexity, there may be some glitches.  If you experience any
difficulties over this period, or notice anything amiss with the mailing lists,
then please send email to [email-masked] and copy the IAD at [email-masked].
  In case of an emergency, please call the emergency
number: +1 301-858-6268.

Migration Schedule with expected down times:

Feb 18:
   a. Mailing List Services (www1.ietf.org)
      - Down Time: 7:00 AM ET.
      - Up Time: It could be as early as 03:00 PM ET. and as late as 
                 7:00 AM ET., the next day depending on DNS propagation  
                 latency. See note below.
   b. Request Tracker Services (ticket.ietf.org)
      - Down Time: 7:00 AM ET.
      - Up Time: It could be as early as 03:00 PM ET. and as late as 
                 7:00 AM ET., the next day depending on DNS propagation  
                 latency. See note below.

      Please note that the down time for the RT system affects only those 
      people who have accounts with the site.  One will stil be able to 
      send a message to the Secretariat ([email-masked], etc).  
      Messages will be hold up in the IETF mail server and released when 
      the RT system is back in service.

If it becomes necessary to change these plans, then we will send a second
message to the list with the updated schedule. 

Thanks.

IETF Secretariat.

Note: Most of the name servers will be updated and bring the services from our
new servers within couple of hours after migrations.  However, depends on their
network environment, some names servers may be updated a little later than
others.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce