Subject: IESG appointment to the IAOC

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 02:47:40 -0500

[Apologies that this announcement was slightly delayed
by the relocation of the IETF servers last weekend.]

The IESG is responsible for selecting one IETF Administrtatuve
Oversight Committee (IAOC) member for a two-year term starting
in March 2006, according to BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 2005-11-30 and repeated
on 2005-12-13. Two nominations were received and the nominees were
announced on 2006-01-03. Comments were received from  eight
members of the community by the end of January.

After obtaining written input from both nominees and after telephone
interviews, the IESG decided to appoint Kurtis Lindqvist to this
position.

We would like to thank both him and Jordi Palet for being willing
to serve.

The IESG would like to state its concern at the small number of
nominations received. We had to choose between two excellent
candidates, but we would have preferred to have a wider choice. In
particular, and in view of the relevant text in BCP 101, we found
it unfortunate that we were forced into a binary choice between
an IAB member and one member of the general community. We urge
the community to nominate candidates and accept nominations in the
future, in order to create a larger pool of IAOC nominees.

   Brian Carpenter
   for the IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce