Subject: RFC 4394 on A Transport Network View of the Link Management Protocol (LMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:06:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4394

        Title:      A Transport Network View of 
                    the Link Management Protocol (LMP) 
        Author:     D. Fedyk,  O. Aboul-Magd, 
                    D. Brungard,  J. Lang, 
                    D. Papadimitriou
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40812
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-lmp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4394.txt

The Link Management Protocol (LMP) has been developed as part of the
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) protocol suite to manage Traffic
Engineering (TE) resources and links.  The GMPLS control plane
(routing and signaling) uses TE links for establishing Label
Switched Paths (LSPs).  This memo describes the relationship of the
LMP procedures to \'discovery\' as defined in the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), and ongoing ITU-T work.  This
document provides an overview of LMP in the context of the ITU-T
Automatically Switched Optical Networks (ASON) and transport network
terminology and relates it to the ITU-T discovery work to promote a
common understanding for progressing the work of IETF and ITU-T.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--fff5458a34bc0b88a42823f425b00169

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4394

        Title:      A Transport Network View of 
                    the Link Management Protocol (LMP) 
        Author:     D. Fedyk,  O. Aboul-Magd, 
                    D. Brungard,  J. Lang, 
                    D. Papadimitriou
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40812
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-lmp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4394.txt

The Link Management Protocol (LMP) has been developed as part of the
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) protocol suite to manage Traffic
Engineering (TE) resources and links.  The GMPLS control plane
(routing and signaling) uses TE links for establishing Label
Switched Paths (LSPs).  This memo describes the relationship of the
LMP procedures to \'discovery\' as defined in the International
Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), and ongoing ITU-T work.  This
document provides an overview of LMP in the context of the ITU-T
Automatically Switched Optical Networks (ASON) and transport network
terminology and relates it to the ITU-T discovery work to promote a
common understanding for progressing the work of IETF and ITU-T.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce