Subject: Protocol Action: 'The AES-CMAC-96 Algorithm and its use with IPsec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 12:07:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The AES-CMAC-96 Algorithm and its use with IPsec '
   <draft-songlee-aes-cmac-96-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-songlee-aes-cmac-96-04.txt

Technical Summary

  National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has recently
  specified the Cipher based MAC (CMAC).  This document specifies the
  use of CMAC mode as the authentication mechanism of IPsec
  Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)
  protocols.  This algorithm is referred to as AES-CMAC-96.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission.  It is not affiliated with
  any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  The AES-CMAC is one of choices for the message authentication code
  (MAC) and key derivation function (KDF) supported in IEEE 802.16e.  We
  believe that AES-CMAC has been implemented by INTEL, Runcom and
  SAMSUNG for their IEEE 802.16e-compliant products.  We believe that
  other vendors develop or have developed AES-CMAC for their IEEE
  802.16e-compliant products.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce