Subject: RFC 4291 on IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:24:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4291

        Title:      IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture 
        Author:     R. Hinden, S. Deering
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 52897
        Obsoletes:  RFC3513
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-addr-arch-v4-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4291.txt

This specification defines the addressing architecture of the IP Version
6 (IPv6) protocol.  The document includes the IPv6 addressing model, text
representations of IPv6 addresses, definition of IPv6 unicast addresses,
anycast addresses, and multicast addresses, and an IPv6 node\'s required
addresses.

This document obsoletes RFC 3513, \"IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture\".   [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--cb6c6a051dbcab50f9b94b372d1395be

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4291

        Title:      IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture 
        Author:     R. Hinden, S. Deering
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 52897
        Obsoletes:  RFC3513
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-addr-arch-v4-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4291.txt

This specification defines the addressing architecture of the IP Version
6 (IPv6) protocol.  The document includes the IPv6 addressing model, text
representations of IPv6 addresses, definition of IPv6 unicast addresses,
anycast addresses, and multicast addresses, and an IPv6 node\'s required
addresses.

This document obsoletes RFC 3513, \"IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture\".   [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce