Subject: RFC 4339 on IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS Server Information Approaches

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:00:59 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4339

        Title:      IPv6 Host Configuration of DNS 
                    Server Information Approaches 
        Author:     J. Jeong,  Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 60803
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4339.txt

This document describes three approaches for IPv6 recursive DNS server
address configuration.  It details the operational attributes of three
solutions: RA option, DHCPv6 option, and well-known anycast addresses
for recursive DNS servers.  Additionally, it suggests the deployment
scenarios in four kinds of networks (ISP, enterprise, 3GPP, and
unmanaged networks) considering multi-solution resolution.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce