Subject: RFC 4424 on Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload Format for the Variable-Rate Multimode Wideband (VMR-WB) Extension Audio Codec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:53:06 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4424

        Title:      Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Payload 
                    Format for the Variable-Rate Multimode Wideband 
                    (VMR-WB) Extension Audio Codec 
        Author:     S. Ahmadi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16331
        Updates:    RFC4348
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vmr-wb-extension-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4424.txt

This document is an addendum to RFC 4348, which specifies the
RTP payload format for the Variable-Rate Multimode Wideband (VMR-WB)
speech codec.  This document specifies some updates in RFC 4348 to
enable support for the new operating mode of VMR-WB standard (i.e.,
VMR-WB mode 4).  These updates do not affect the existing modes of
VMR-WB already specified in RFC 4348.

The payload formats and their associated parameters, as well as all
provisions, restrictions, use cases, features, etc., that are
specified in RFC 4348 are applicable to the new operating mode with
no exception.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce