Subject: RFC 4380 on Teredo: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP through Network Address Translations (NATs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:36:34 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4380

        Title:      Teredo: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP 
                    through Network Address Translations (NATs) 
        Author:     C. Huitema
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 132607
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4380.txt

We propose here a service that enables nodes located behind one or
more IPv4 Network Address Translations (NATs) to obtain IPv6
connectivity by tunneling packets over UDP; we call this the Teredo
service.  Running the service requires the help of \"Teredo servers\" and
\"Teredo relays\".  The Teredo servers are stateless, and only have to
manage a small fraction of the traffic between Teredo clients; the
Teredo relays act as IPv6 routers between the Teredo service and the
\"native\" IPv6 Internet.  The relays can also provide interoperability
with hosts using other transition mechanisms such as \"6to4\".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4380

        Title:      Teredo: Tunneling IPv6 over UDP 
                    through Network Address Translations (NATs) 
        Author:     C. Huitema
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 132607
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huitema-v6ops-teredo-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4380.txt

We propose here a service that enables nodes located behind one or
more IPv4 Network Address Translations (NATs) to obtain IPv6
connectivity by tunneling packets over UDP; we call this the Teredo
service.  Running the service requires the help of \"Teredo servers\" and
\"Teredo relays\".  The Teredo servers are stateless, and only have to
manage a small fraction of the traffic between Teredo clients; the
Teredo relays act as IPv6 routers between the Teredo service and the
\"native\" IPv6 Internet.  The relays can also provide interoperability
with hosts using other transition mechanisms such as \"6to4\".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce