Subject: RFC 4417 on Report of the 2004 IAB Messaging Workshop

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:55:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4417

        Title:      Report of the 2004 IAB 
                    Messaging Workshop 
        Author:     P. Resnick,  Ed., 
                    P. Saint-Andre,  Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 47201
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-messaging-report-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4417.txt

This document reports the outcome of a workshop held by the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB) on the future of Internet messaging.  The
workshop was held on 6 and 7 October 2004 in Burlingame, CA, USA.
The goal of the workshop was to examine the current state of
different messaging technologies on the Internet (including, but not
limited to, electronic mail, instant messaging, and voice messaging),
to look at their commonalities and differences, and to find engineering,
research, and architectural topics on which future work could be
done.  This report summarizes the discussions and conclusions of the
workshop and of the IAB.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce