Subject: RFC 4396 on RTP Payload Format for 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Timed Text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:36:11 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4396

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for 3rd 
                    Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Timed Text 
        Author:     J. Rey,  Y. Matsui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Characters: 155421
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4396.txt

This document specifies an RTP payload format for the transmission of
3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) timed text.  3GPP timed
text is a time-lined, decorated text media format with defined storage
in a 3GP file.  Timed Text can be synchronized with audio/video
contents and used in applications such as captioning, titling, and
multimedia presentations.  In the following sections, the problems of
streaming timed text are addressed, and a payload format for streaming
3GPP timed text over RTP is specified.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--eb5ac7884af5bc7f0b3bb769fdc6a54d

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4396

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for 3rd 
                    Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Timed Text 
        Author:     J. Rey,  Y. Matsui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      66
        Characters: 155421
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-3gpp-timed-text-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4396.txt

This document specifies an RTP payload format for the transmission of
3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) timed text.  3GPP timed
text is a time-lined, decorated text media format with defined storage
in a 3GP file.  Timed Text can be synchronized with audio/video
contents and used in applications such as captioning, titling, and
multimedia presentations.  In the following sections, the problems of
streaming timed text are addressed, and a payload format for streaming
3GPP timed text over RTP is specified.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce