Subject: RFC 4420 on Encoding of Attributes for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path (LSP) Establishment Using Resource ReserVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:56:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4420

        Title:      Encoding of Attributes for Multiprotocol 
                    Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Path 
                    (LSP) Establishment Using Resource ReserVation 
                    Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) 
        Author:     A. Farrel,  Ed., 
                    D. Papadimitriou, J.-P. Vasseur, 
                    A. Ayyangar
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47235
        Updates:    RFC3209, RFC3473
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4420.txt

Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) may
be established using the Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) extensions.  This protocol includes an object
(the SESSION_ATTRIBUTE object) that carries a Flags field used to
indicate options and attributes of the LSP.  That Flags field has
eight bits allowing for eight options to be set.  Recent proposals in
many documents that extend RSVP-TE have suggested uses for each of
the previously unused bits.

This document defines a new object for RSVP-TE messages that allows
the signaling of further attribute bits and also the carriage of
arbitrary attribute parameters to make RSVP-TE easily extensible to
support new requirements.  Additionally, this document defines a way
to record the attributes applied to the LSP on a hop-by-hop basis.

The object mechanisms defined in this document are equally applicable
to Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Packet Switch Capable (PSC) LSPs and to
GMPLS non-PSC LSPs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition 
of the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce