Subject: IETF Server Migration Part 2 - Status

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:30:44 -0500

Hi All,

This past Saturday NeuStar Secretariat Services completed the
migration of the old IETF servers to new ones colocated at NeuStar.
We installed a new primary MX host, new mailman server and a new ticket
tracking server.  Here is how the migration went (times approximate).

 07:00 EST - shutdown mail and web services on old system
 08:00 EST - start migrating data over (mailman and ticket)
 09:00 EST - migration of mailman data completed - start reconfiguring
             new mailman
 10:30 EST - migration of ticket data complete/mailman configured
 11:00 EST - ticket configured/commence testing locally
 12:00 EST - commence remove testing and log watching
 12:30 EST - system live

Testing consisted of sending mail (locally and from the internet) to
mailing lists, the ticket tracker and various other @ietf.org
addresses and watching logs for bounces and any anomalies.

We continued working till 14:30, and check logs through the evening,
but the systems were stable after 12:30.

If you experience any difficulties, or notice anything amiss with the
mailing lists, then please send email to ietf-action at ietf.org, the
IAD at iad at ietf.org, and copy ietf-migration at techsquare.com and
rpelletier at isoc.org.  In case of an emergency, please call the
emergency number: +1 301-858-6268.

Thank you for your patience.

IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce