Subject: RFC 4361 on Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 15:01:50 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4361

        Title:      Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic 
                    Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4) 
        Author:     T. Lemon,  B. Sommerfeld
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 28009
        Updates:    RFC2131, RFC2132, RFC3315
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4361.txt

This document specifies the format that is to be used for encoding
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4) client
identifiers, so that those identifiers will be interchangeable with
identifiers used in the DHCPv6 protocol.  This document also addresses
and corrects some problems in RFC 2131 and RFC 2132 with respect to
the handling of DHCP client identifiers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--137412ef4bfa126910395e867d86c425

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4361

        Title:      Node-specific Client Identifiers for Dynamic 
                    Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4) 
        Author:     T. Lemon,  B. Sommerfeld
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 28009
        Updates:    RFC2131, RFC2132, RFC3315
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4361.txt

This document specifies the format that is to be used for encoding
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version Four (DHCPv4) client
identifiers, so that those identifiers will be interchangeable with
identifiers used in the DHCPv6 protocol.  This document also addresses
and corrects some problems in RFC 2131 and RFC 2132 with respect to
the handling of DHCP client identifiers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce