Subject: RFC 4410 on Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:52:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4410

        Title:      Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP) 
        Author:     M. Pullen,  F. Zhao, 
                    D. Cohen
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 65877
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-pullen-srmp-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4410.txt

The Selectively Reliable Multicast Protocol (SRMP) is a transport
protocol, intended to deliver a mix of reliable and best-effort
messages in an any-to-any multicast environment, where the best-effort
traffic occurs in significantly greater volume than the
reliable traffic and therefore can carry sequence
numbers of reliable messages for loss detection.  SRMP is intended
for use in a distributed simulation application environment, where
only the latest value of reliable transmission for any particular
data identifier requires delivery.  SRMP has two sublayers: a
bundling sublayer handling message aggregation and congestion
control, and a Selectively Reliable Transport (SRT) sublayer.
Selection between reliable and best-effort messages is performed
by the application.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

Tion should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce