Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Bridge MIB (bridge)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:40:23 -0500

The Bridge MIB WG (bridge) in the Operations and Management Area has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

+++

The Working Group chairs and the Area Directors have agreed that the
Bridge MIB WG has completed its charter, and that the working group
will be closed. 

Responsibility for subsequent maintenance and enhancements of the
Bridge MIB documents will be transferred to the IEEE 802.1 WG, in a
transfer agreement subject to approval by the IETF and IEEE 802. The
agreement will be documented in an Informational RFC. This document
will be sponsored/shepherded by the OPS AD responsible for Network
Management. David Harrington already did an initial version a 
while ago: draft-harrington-8021-mib-transition-00.txt. It needs
more work though.

The mailing list shall remain open for purposes of responding to
queries, and for informing the community about the transfer
agreement.

Bert Wijnen

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce