Subject: Document Action: 'DHCP: IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 16:02:18 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCP: IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dual-stack-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dual-stack-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
   A node may have support for communications using IPv4 and/or IPv6
   protocols.  Such a node may wish to obtain IPv4 and/or IPv6
   configuration settings via the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   (DHCP).  The original version of DHCP [1] designed for IPv4 has now
   been complemented by a new DHCPv6 [4] for IPv6.  This document
   describes issues identified with dual IP version DHCP interactions,
   the most important aspect of which is how to handle potential
   problems in clients processing configuration information received
   from both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 servers.  The document makes a
   recommendation on the general strategy on how best to handle such
   issues, and identifies future work to be undertaken.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was produced by the DHC WG.  The WG has consensus 
   to publish this document as an Informational RFC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce