Subject: RFC 4376 on Requirements for Floor Control Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:04:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4376

        Title:      Requirements for Floor Control Protocols 
        Author:     P. Koskelainen,  J. Ott, 
                    H. Schulzrinne,  X. Wu
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30021
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4376.txt

Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.  This
document defines the requirements for a floor control protocol for
multiparty conferences in the context of an existing framework.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Centralized Conferencing
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--b737dadca038655efef21ff3a2158fab

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4376

        Title:      Requirements for Floor Control Protocols 
        Author:     P. Koskelainen,  J. Ott, 
                    H. Schulzrinne,  X. Wu
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30021
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xcon-floor-control-req-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4376.txt

Floor control is a means to manage joint or exclusive access to
shared resources in a (multiparty) conferencing environment.
Thereby, floor control complements other functions -- such as
conference and media session setup, conference policy manipulation,
and media control -- that are realized by other protocols.  This
document defines the requirements for a floor control protocol for
multiparty conferences in the context of an existing framework.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Centralized Conferencing
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce