Subject: RFC 4411 on Extending the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Reason Header for Preemption Events

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:06 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4411

        Title:      Extending the Session Initiation Protocol 
                    (SIP) Reason Header for Preemption Events 
        Author:     J. Polk
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49260
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-reason-header-for-preemption-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4411.txt

This document proposes an IANA Registration extension to the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) Reason Header to be included in a BYE Method
Request as a result of a session preemption event, either at a user
agent (UA), or somewhere in the network involving a reservation-based
protocol such as the Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) or Next
Steps in Signaling (NSIS).  This document does not attempt to address
routers failing in the packet path; instead, it addresses a deliberate
tear down of a flow between UAs, and informs the terminated UA(s) with
an indication of what occurred.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce