Subject: RFC 4442 on Bootstrapping Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant Authentication (TESLA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:28:53 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4442

        Title:      Bootstrapping Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant 
                    Authentication (TESLA) 
        Author:     S. Fries,  H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 37345
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-bootstrapping-tesla-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4442.txt

TESLA, the Timed Efficient Stream Loss-tolerant Authentication
protocol, provides source authentication in multicast scenarios.
TESLA is an efficient protocol with low communication and computation
overhead that scales to large numbers of receivers and also tolerates
packet loss.  TESLA is based on loose time synchronization between
the sender and the receivers.  Source authentication is realized in
TESLA by using Message Authentication Code (MAC) chaining.  The use
of TESLA within the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) has
been published, targeting multicast authentication in scenarios where
SRTP is applied to protect the multimedia data.  This solution
assumes that TESLA parameters are made available by out-of-band
mechanisms.

This document specifies payloads for the Multimedia Internet Keying
(MIKEY) protocol for bootstrapping TESLA for source authentication of
secure group communications using SRTP.  TESLA may be bootstrapped
using one of the MIKEY key management approaches, e.g., by using a
digitally signed MIKEY message sent via unicast, multicast, or
broadcast.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast Security
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce