Subject: Last Call: 'Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 12:26:18 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Simple Authentication and Security 
Layer WG to consider the following document:

- 'Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) '
   <draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-03-20.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sasl-rfc2222bis-15.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

ing of the certificate and
       user disclosure of the password to the RP via a secure
       channel.

    -  If the RP does not know the SIM value, it can be disclosed
       to the RP via secure transfer of the password, and processing
       of the certificate by the RP, e.g., so that the RP can
       acquire the SIM value for future use.

    -  Finally, knowledge of the password by the user can be
       employed as a secondary authentication mechanism, in
       addition to the user's knowledge of his private key,
       without exposing the SIM data to an RP.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-03-20.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-07.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce