Subject: Document Action: 'Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in Enterprise Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:03:44 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in Enterprise Networks '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Bert Wijnen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
 Ethernet VLANs are quite commonly used in enterprise networks for the
 purposes of traffic segregation.  This document describes how such
 VLANs can be readily used to deploy IPv6 networking in an enterprise,
 which focuses on the scenario of early deployment prior to
 availability of IPv6-capable switch-router equipment.  In this method
 IPv6 may be routed in parallel with the existing IPv4 in the
 enterprise and delivered at Layer 2 via VLAN technology.  The IPv6
 connectivity to the enterprise may or may not enter the site via the
 same physical link.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the v6ops working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce