Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Intrusion Detection Exchange Format (idwg)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:30:01 -0500

The Intrusion Detection Exchange Format WG (idwg) in the Security Area has
concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

The mailing list will be closed.

+++

The IDWG lost momentum while working on IESG comments for its core
specification, IDMEF. There was not enough participation in the
working group to form an informed consensus to address last minute
issues. As a result, the core specification is approved as an
experimental RFC and the working group concluded.

We would like to thank the participants who did work on this project
through its long history in the IETF. We'd also like to express our
sincere regrets that the IESG evaluation lasted so long and that we
were not able to bring this project to successful publication of a
standards-track document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce