Subject: RFC 4413 on TCP/IP Field Behavior

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:53:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4413

        Title:      TCP/IP Field Behavior 
        Author:     M. West,  S. McCann
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      44
        Characters: 28435
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-field-behavior-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4413.txt

This memo describes TCP/IP field behavior in the context of header
compression.
Header compression is possible because most header
fields do not vary randomly from packet to packet.  Many of the
fields exhibit static behavior or change in a more or less
predictable way.  When a header compression scheme is designed, it is
of fundamental importance to understand the behavior of the fields in
detail.  An example of this analysis can be seen in RFC 3095.
This memo performs a similar role for the compression of TCP/IP
headers.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression
Working Group of the IETF

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce