Subject: Protocol Action: 'Remote Network Monitoring MIB Extensions for Switch Networks Version 1.0' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:24:40 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Remote Network Monitoring MIB Extensions for Switch Networks Version 1.0 '
  RFC 2613 as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the Remote Network Monitoring Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this RFC is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2613.txt

Technical Summary

   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP-based internets.
   In particular, it defines objects for managing remote network
   monitoring devices in switched networks environments.

Working Group Summary

   The RMONMIB WG has consensus to publish this document as a 
   Draft Standard.

Protocol Quality
    
   This document has been reviewed by the RMONMIB WG and implemented
   by several vendors in network switching equipment.
   Bert Wijnen has reviewed this document for the IESG.

   Implementation Report can be accessed at
   http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFC2613-Implementation.txt

   NOTE:
    this document was IETF Last Called back in 2003. That IETF Last Call
    uncovered thatr this document has a normative depency on RFC2021
    which was at PS. RFC2021 has been obsoleted by a new revision, which
    has been approved as DS. This doc is now in RFC-Editor queue:
       http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html#draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmon2-v2
    Since the previous IETF Last Call was so long ago, this new IETF
    Last Call is intended to make everyone aware that the doc is again
    on the IESG agenda.

IANA Note

  No actions are needed by IANA.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce