Subject: Protocol Action: 'Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:04:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service 
   Interface Specification Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination 
   Systems '
   <draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document obsoletes RFC2669.

This document is the product of the IP over Cable Data Network Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bert Wijnen and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-11.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document is a revision of the standards track RFC 2669.
  This document obsoletes RFC 2669.

  This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
  for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
  In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for SNMP-
  based management of DOCSIS-compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem
  Termination Systems.

Working Group Summary
 
  The Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
  Proposed Standard. IETF Last Call comments (to rev 10) have been
  addressed in revision 11.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The MIB module has been reviewed by Randy Presuhn. The overall quality
  with respect to DOCSIS functionality has been reviewed by Greg White
  and Eduardo Cardona. This document has been reviewed for the IESG by
  Bert Wijnen.

Note to RFC Editor
 
- Pls change first para of abstract (The table of contents has a ptr to
  sect 5.1, so that cover the changes from 2669).

  OLD:
  This memo is a revision of the standards track RFC 2669.  Please see
  "Revision Descriptions" below for a description of changes.  This
  document obsoletes RFC 2669.

  NEW:
  This memo is a revision of the standards track RFC 2669 and so it
  obsoletes RFC 2669.
  
- In the abstract, pls also expand the acronym DOCSIS and IPCDN

  DOCSIS - Data Over Cable Interface Specification.
  IPCDN  - IP over Cable Data Network.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce