Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-liaison-guidelines-02.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 22:01:02 -0500

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

Guidelines for Acting as an IETF Liaison to Another Organization
              draft-iab-liaison-guidelines-02.txt

as an Informational RFC.  The chief purpose of this document
is to provide practical guidelines to  IETF liaison managers
and persons considering undertaking such a role.

The IAB solicits comments by April 14, 2006. Please send
comments to the IAB ([email-masked]), or to [email-masked].

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-liaison-guidelines-02.txt

>From the Abstract:
   Whenever IETF decides to enter into a liaison relationship with
   another organization, such as a Standards Development Organization
   (SDO), a consortium, or an industrial forum, a liaison manager is
   appointed.  The procedures used by the IAB to establish and maintain
   liaison relationships between the IETF and other organizations are
   described in RFC 4052 [RFC4052].  This document gives guidelines on
   expectations, tasks, responsibilities and mandate of the liaison
   managers.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce