Subject: RFC 4437 on Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Redirect Reference Resources

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:36:07 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4437

        Title:      Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning 
                    (WebDAV) Redirect Reference Resources 
        Author:     J. Whitehead,  G. Clemm, 
                    J. Reschke,  Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]@us.ibm.com
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 49932
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-webdav-redirectref-protocol-13.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4437.txt

This specification defines an extension to Web Distributed Authoring
and Versioning (WebDAV) to allow clients to author HTTP redirect
reference resources whose default response is an HTTP/1.1 3xx
(Redirection) status code.  A redirect reference makes it possible to
access the target resourced indirectly through any URI mapped to the
redirect reference resource.  This specification does not address
remapping of trees of resources or regular expression based
redirections.  There are no integrity guarantees associated with
redirect reference resources.  Other mechanisms can also be used to
achieve the same functionality as this specification.  This
specification allows operators to experiment with this mechanism and
develop experience on what is the best approach to the problem.  This 
memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Reqests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce