Subject: RFC 4336 on Problem Statement for the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:24:55 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4336

        Title:      Problem Statement for the Datagram 
                    Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) 
        Author:     S. Floyd,  M. Handley, 
                    E. Kohler
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53585
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dccp-problem-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4336.txt

This document describes for the historical record the
motivation behind the Datagram Congestion Control
Protocol (DCCP), an unreliable transport protocol incorporating
end-to-end congestion control.  DCCP implements a
congestion-controlled, unreliable flow of datagrams for use by
applications such as streaming media or on-line games.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce