Subject: RFC 4436 on Detecting Network Attachment in IPv4 (DNAv4)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:27:11 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4436

        Title:      Detecting Network Attachment in IPv4 
                    (DNAv4) 
        Author:     B. Aboba,  J. Carlson, 
                    S. Cheshire
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35991
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dna-ipv4-18.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4436.txt

The time required to detect movement between networks and to obtain
(or to continue to use) an IPv4 configuration may be significant as a
fraction of the total handover latency in moving between points of
attachment.  This document synthesizes, from experience in the
deployment of hosts supporting ARP, DHCP, and IPv4 Link-Local
addresses, a set of steps known as Detecting Network Attachment for
IPv4 (DNAv4), in order to decrease the handover latency in moving
between points of attachment.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce