Subject: Text Conferencing at IETF 65

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:54:44 -0500

The Secretariat is pleased to announce a new Instant Messaging service.  This
service will provide jabber chat rooms to all IETF working groups for their text
conferencing at IETF 65 and future meetings.

The new jabber server is located at rooms.jabber.ietf.org and is currently
accessible.  For those who are interested, please visit the above location to
join any of the available chat rooms.

Please note:

All traffic within the defined rooms (except "noc") is being logged and updated
every 5 minutes to the ietf.org website.

To view the log directories, point your browser to
http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/.

If you click on a room directory, you will see one or more files named
"YYYY-MM-DD.html", e.g. 2006-03-14.html.  If you click on one of those files,
you will see all logged traffic for that day.
 
Please visit the IETF Text Conferencing Web page
(http://www.ietf.org/meetings/text_conf.html) for more information.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 14:08:51 -0500

> The Secretariat is pleased to announce a new Instant Messaging service.
> This service will provide jabber chat rooms to all IETF working groups
> for their text conferencing at IETF 65 and future meetings.

Two small but important additions to this:

1. These jabber rooms are subject to the IETF intellectual property
rules (see the "Note Well" statement).

2. We should acknowledge the jabber service operated pro bono
for the IETF by the volunteers at jabber.org for multiple IETFs.
Thanks!

   Brian Carpenter