Subject: STRAW PROPOSAL RFC Editor charter

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 18:06:22 -0500

Following the note just sent about the proposed timeline for
reviewing the RFC Editor contract this year, here is the
STRAW proposal RFC Editor charter proposed by the IAB.

It is a modest extension of the RFC Editor paragraph as found
in RFC 2850 (the IAB Charter).  

The purpose of this straw proposal is to inform discussions
scheduled for the GENAREA meeting at IETF65 in Dallas.
After the Dallas meeting, the IAB will provide a more formal
charter proposal.

STRAW RFC Editor Charter

The RFC Editor executes editorial management for the publication of the
"Request for Comment" (RFC) document series, which is the permanent
document repository of the IETF community.  The RFC series
constitutes the archival publication channel for Internet Standards
and for other contributions by the Internet research and engineering
community. RFCs are available free of charge to anyone via the
Internet. It is the responsibility of the IAB to approve the
appointment of an organization to act as RFC Editor and the general
policy followed by the RFC Editor.

Policies, including those for defining publication tracks and
their requirements, intellectual property rights, as well as
editorial review and approval processes,  must be defined in
IETF community consensus documents before being put to the IAB for
approval.

Leslie Daigle.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce