Subject: RFC 4432 on RSA Key Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:54:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4432

        Title:      RSA Key Exchange for the 
                    Secure Shell (SSH) Transport Layer Protocol 
        Author:     B. Harris
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16077
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-harris-ssh-rsa-kex-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4432.txt

This memo describes a key-exchange method for the Secure Shell (SSH)
protocol based on Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) public-key encryption.
It uses much less client CPU time than the Diffie-Hellman algorithm
specified as part of the core protocol, and hence is particularly
suitable for slow client systems.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestion
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce