Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Key ID Information Type for the General Extension Payload in MIKEY' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:54:43 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Key ID Information Type for the General Extension Payload in MIKEY '
   <draft-ietf-msec-newtype-keyid-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Multicast Security Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msec-newtype-keyid-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document supports a requirement from the 3GPP MBMS architecture.
  It defines a new type within the General Extension Payload of MIKEY
  (which is specified in RFC 3830) to support a sub-payload to specify
  the Key ID type. 

Working Group Summary
 
  The MSEC WG reached consensus without significant discussion or debate.
  The document is fairly simple, yet it meets the 3GPP requirement.

Protocol Quality
 
  A minor extension (a new sub-payload type definition) to MIKEY is
  specified.  We are not aware of any implementations.  However, an
  existing MIKEY implementation could add support for this sub-payload
  with little effort.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to IANA and RFC Editor

  There is a typo in the IANA conciserations.  It is in a sentence
  that will be deleted prior to publication, so it is not worth a
  lot of effort to correct, but we do want to be clear.  The first
  paragraph should read as follows:

     Please add the following to the IANA registry at
     http://www.iana.org/assignments/mikey-payloads
     (To be removed after IANA processing).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce