Subject: Protocol Action: 'The AES-CMAC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:27:10 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The AES-CMAC-PRF-128 Algorithm for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) '
   <draft-songlee-aes-cmac-prf-128-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-songlee-aes-cmac-prf-128-03.txt

Technical Summary

  Some implementations of IP Security (IPsec) may want to use a pseudo-
  random function (PRF) derived from the Advanced Encryption Standard
  (AES).  This document describes such an algorithm, called AES-CMAC-
  PRF-128.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission.  It is not affiliated with
  any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  AES-CMAC-PRF-128 is one of several choices for the IPsec PRF that can
  Be negotiated using IKEv1 or IKEv2.  We believe that AES-CMAC has been
  implemented by at least INTEL, Runcom and SAMSUNG, and we believe that
  other vendors are developing AES-CMAC for their IEEE 802.16e products.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce