Subject: Protocol Action: 'Foreign Agent Error Extension for Mobile IPv4' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:22:37 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Foreign Agent Error Extension for Mobile IPv4 '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document specifies a new extension for use by Foreign Agents
   operating Mobile IP for IPv4.  Currently, a foreign agent cannot
   supply status information without destroying the ability for a mobile
   node to verify authentication data supplied by the home agent.  The
   new extension solves this problem by making a better place for the
   foreign agent to provide its status information to the mobile node.
 
Working Group Summary
 
    This document was produced by the MIP4 WG.  The WG has consensus to 
    publish this document as a Proposed Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
    This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce