Subject: RFC 4450 on Getting Rid of the Cruft: Report from an Experiment in Identifying and Reclassifying Obsolete Standards Documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:19:14 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4450

        Title:      Getting Rid of the Cruft: 
                    Report from an Experiment in Identifying 
                    and Reclassifying Obsolete Standards Documents 
        Author:     E. Lear, H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23822
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-newtrk-decruft-experiment-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4450.txt

This memo documents an experiment to review and classify Proposed
Standards as not reflecting documented practice within the world
today.  The results identify a set of documents that were marked as
Proposed Standards that are now reclassified as Historic.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the New IETF Standards Track Discussion
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce