Subject: RFC 4451 on BGP MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:54:13 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4451

        Title:      BGP MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) Considerations 
        Author:     D. McPherson,  V. Gill
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28435
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-bgp-med-considerations-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4451.txt

The BGP MULTI_EXIT_DISC (MED) attribute provides a mechanism for BGP
speakers to convey to an adjacent AS the optimal entry point into the
local AS.  While BGP MEDs function correctly in many scenarios, a
number of issues may arise when utilizing MEDs in dynamic or complex
topologies.

This document discusses implementation and deployment considerations
regarding BGP MEDs and provides information with which implementers and
network operators should be familiar.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce