Subject: Document Action: 'JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:25:18 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) '
   <draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crockford-jsonorg-json-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a light-weight, text-based,
language-independent, data interchange format.  It was derived from
the ECMAScript Programming Language Standard.  JSON defines a small
set of formatting rules for the portable representation of structured
data.  This document describes the JSON format and includes a media
type registration template.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work of an individual submitter.  It was
subjected to MIME-types review, but it is has not been reviewed
by an IETF working group.  MIME-type review comments have been
incorporated into the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed this document for the IESG.  The
document includes a "no derivative works" clause.

Note to RFC Editor

Please change the title of the document.  OLD:
JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)

NEW:
The application/json Media Type for JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)
 
Section 6, OLD:
Type name: text

NEW:
Type name: application

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce