Subject: Document Action: 'Media Type Registration for SMPTE Material Exchange Format (MXF)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:39:20 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Type Registration for SMPTE Material Exchange Format (MXF) '
   <draft-edwards-mime-mxf-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Scott Hollenbeck.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-edwards-mime-mxf-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document serves to register a media type for the SMPTE Material
Exchange Format (MXF).  MXF, defined by SMPTE 377M, is a standard
wrapper format developed for the interchange of audiovisual material,
including both audiovisual essence and rich metadata.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is the work of an individual submitter.  It was
subjected to MIME-types review, but it is has not been reviewed
by an IETF working group.  There were no MIME-type review comments
received, though a few minor issues were identified and corrected
during AD evaluation of the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Scott Hollenbeck has reviewed the document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce