Subject: Protocol Action: 'L2VPN Extensions for L2TP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:55:45 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'L2VPN Extensions for L2TP '
   <draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2vpn-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Margaret Wasserman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2vpn-06.txt

Technical Summary

L2TPv3 describes the use of an L2TP session to connect two Layer 2 circuits
attached to a pair of peering LACs, which is a basic form of Layer 2 Virtual
Private Network (L2VPN).  This document defines the protocol extensions for
L2TPto set up different types of L2VPN in a unified fashion.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of the L2TPEXT working group.  Review comments
received from WG and non-WG members have been addressed.

Protocol Quality

This document has been reviewed by L2TPEXT working group and Mark Townsley.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce