Subject: RFC 4472 on Operational Considerations and Issues with IPv6 DNS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:28:43 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4472

        Title:      Operational Considerations and Issues with 
                    IPv6 DNS 
        Author:     A. Durand, J. Ihren,
                    P. Savola
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 68882
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-issues-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4472.txt

This memo presents operational considerations and issues with IPv6
Domain Name System (DNS), including a summary of special IPv6
addresses, documentation of known DNS implementation misbehavior,
recommendations and considerations on how to perform DNS naming for
service provisioning and for DNS resolver IPv6 support,
considerations for DNS updates for both the forward and reverse
trees, and miscellaneous issues.  This memo is aimed to include a
summary of information about IPv6 DNS considerations for those who
have experience with IPv4 DNS.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Domain Name System Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce