Subject: RFC 4409 on Message Submission for Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:04:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4409

        Title:      Message Submission for Mail 
        Author:     R. Gellens, J. Klensin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34911
        Obsoletes:  RFC2476
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-gellens-submit-bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4409.txt

This memo splits message submission from message relay, allowing
each service to operate according to its own rules (for security,
policy, etc.), and specifies what actions are to be taken by a
submission server.

Message relay and final delivery are unaffected, and continue to use SMTP
over port 25.

When conforming to this document, message submission uses the
protocol specified here, normally over port 587.

This separation of function offers a number of benefits, including
the ability to apply specific security or policy requirements.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be From [email-masked] Mon Apr 24 18:11:40 2006
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:04:14 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4409 on Message Submission for Mail

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4409

        Title:      Message Submission for Mail 
        Author:     R. Gellens, J. Klensin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 34911
        Obsoletes:  RFC2476
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-gellens-submit-bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4409.txt

This memo splits message submission from message relay, allowing
each service to operate according to its own rules (for security,
policy, etc.), and specifies what actions are to be taken by a
submission server.

Message relay and final delivery are unaffected, and continue to use SMTP
over port 25.

When conforming to this document, message submission uses the
protocol specified here, normally over port 587.

This separation of function offers a number of benefits, including
the ability to apply specific security or policy requirements.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce