Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-05

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:24:32 -0400

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
           draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-05

as an Informational RFC.  The chief purpose of this document
is to provide a survey of issues that have been raised with
regards to the deployment of IDNs and propose potential 
avenues for exploring and/or resolving them.

The IAB solicits comments by May 17, 2006. Please send
comments to the IAB ([email-masked]) and authors (cc'ed here), or to 
[email-masked].

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-05.txt

 From the Abstract:
   This note describes issues raised by the deployment and use of
   Internationalized Domain Names.  It describes problems both at the
   time of registration and those for use of those names for use in the
   DNS.  It recommends that IETF should update the IDN related RFCs and
   a framework to be followed in doing so, as well as summarizing and
   identifying some work that is required outside the IETF.  In
   particular, it proposes that some changes be investigated for the
   IDNA standard and its supporting tables, based on experience gained
   since those standards were completed.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce