Subject: Document Action: 'Media Type Registrations for Downloadable Sounds for MIDI' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:20:33 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Media Type Registrations for Downloadable Sounds for MIDI '
   <draft-westerlund-mime-dls-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westerlund-mime-dls-01.txt

Technical Summary

   The present document seeks to register a media type for
   Downloadable Sounds (DLS). The DLS format is used to define
   instruments for widely used wavetable synthesizers. The media 
   type defined here is needed to correctly identify DLS
   files when they are served over HTTP, included in multi-part
   documents, or used in other places where media types are used.

Working Group Summary
 
 This is an individual submission.  It was reviewed by the IETF types
 list and changes were made in response to the feedback received.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.  The underlying
standards for DLS standards are maintained and defined by two organizations, 
the MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA) and the Association of the Musical
Electronics Industry (AMEI).

Note to RFC Editor

Section 2, third paragraph::
OLD:
   For DLS content containing
   conditional chunks it is stressed that the chunk in question is
   optional, that is to say a parser does not have to execute the
   chunk.

NEW:
   A key point is that conditional chunks are optional, that is to say a
   parser does not have to execute a conditional chunk.
 
Section 3.1:
OLD:
   Security considerations:           see the security considerations
                                      in section 3 of RFC XXXX.

NEW:
   Security considerations:           see the security considerations
                                      in section 2 of RFC XXXX.
                                                 
OLD:
   Interoperability considerations:   This media type is for the
                                      consumption by a MIDI player

NEW:
   Interoperability considerations:   This media type is for
                                      consumption by a MIDI player

Section 4:
OLD:
   The references to RFC XXXX in the media type registration need to
   be replaced with the actual RFC number when it is issued.

NEW:
   The references to RFC XXXX in the media type registration need to
   be replaced with the actual RFC number this document receives when
   it is issued.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce