Subject: RFC 4390 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) over InfiniBand

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:29:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4390

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) 
                    over InfiniBand 
        Author:     V. Kashyap
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10754
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4390.txt

IP over Infiniband (IPoIB) link-layer address is
20 octets long.  This is larger than the 16 octets reserved for the
hardware address in a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol/Bootstrap
Protocol (DHCP/BOOTP) message.  The above inequality imposes
restrictions on the use of the DHCP message fields when used over an IPoIB
network.  This document describes the use of DHCP message fields when 
implementing DHCP over IPoIB.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over InfiniBand
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state 
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce