Subject: RFC 4466 on Collected Extensions to IMAP4 ABNF

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:27:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4466

        Title:      Collected Extensions to IMAP4 ABNF 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, C. Daboo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 33752
        Updates:    RFC2088, RFC2342, RFC3501, RFC3502, RFC3516
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-imap-ext-abnf-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4466.txt

Over the years, many documents from IMAPEXT and LEMONADE working groups,
as well as many individual documents, have added syntactic
extensions to many base IMAP commands described in RFC 3501.  For
ease of reference, this document collects most of such ABNF changes
in one place.

This document also suggests a set of standard patterns for adding
options and extensions to several existing IMAP commands defined in
RFC 3501.  The patterns provide for compatibility between existing
and future extensions.

This document updates ABNF in RFCs 2088, 2342, 3501, 3502, and 3516.  It
also includes part of the errata to RFC 3501.  This document doesn't
specify any semantic changes to the listed RFCs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce