Subject: RFC 4453 on Requirements for Consent-Based Communications in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:32:27 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4453

        Title:      Requirements for Consent-Based Communications in 
                    the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg, G. Camarillo,
                    Ed., D. Willis
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16833
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-consent-reqs-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4453.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports communications across
many media types, including real-time audio, video, text, instant
messaging, and presence.  In its current form, it allows session
invitations, instant messages, and other requests to be delivered
from one party to another without requiring explicit consent of the
recipient.  Without such consent, it is possible for SIP to be used
for malicious purposes, including spam and denial-of-service attacks.
This document identifies a set of requirements for extensions to SIP
that add consent-based communications.  This memo provides information for
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce