Subject: RFC 4461 on Signaling Requirements for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic-Engineered MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:04:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4461

        Title:      Signaling Requirements for Point-to-Multipoint 
                    Traffic-Engineered 
                    MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     S. Yasukawa, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 64542
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-p2mp-sig-requirement-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4461.txt

This document presents a set of requirements for the establishment
and maintenance of Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic-Engineered (TE)
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Label Switched Paths (LSPs).

There is no intent to specify solution-specific details or
application-specific requirements in this document.

The requirements presented in this document not only apply to packet-switched networks under the control of MPLS protocols, but also
encompass the requirements of Layer Two Switching (L2SC), Time
Division Multiplexing (TDM), lambda, and port switching networks
managed by Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) protocols.  Protocol solutions
developed to meet the requirements set out in this document must
attempt to be equally applicable to MPLS and GMPLS.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce