Subject: RFC 4478 on Repeated Authentication in Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:13:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4478

        Title:      Repeated Authentication in Internet Key 
                    Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol 
        Author:     Y. Nir
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 10714
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nir-ikev2-auth-lt-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4478.txt

This document extends the Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol
document [IKEv2].  With some IPsec peers, particularly in the remote
access scenario, it is desirable to repeat the mutual authentication
periodically.  The purpose of this is to limit the time that security
associations (SAs) can be used by a third party who has gained control 
of the IPsec peer.  This document describes a mechanism to perform this 
function.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce