Subject: RFC 4391 on Transmission of IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:30:07 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4391

        Title:      Transmission of IP over InfiniBand 
                    (IPoIB) 
        Author:     J. Chu, V. Kashyap
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 45858
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipoib-ip-over-infiniband-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4391.txt

This document specifies a method for encapsulating and transmitting
IPv4/IPv6 and Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) packets over
InfiniBand (IB).  It describes the link-layer address to be used when
resolving the IP addresses in IP over InfiniBand (IPoIB) subnets.
The document also describes the mapping from IP multicast addresses
to InfiniBand multicast addresses.  In addition, this document
defines the setup and configuration of IPoIB links.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over InfiniBand
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state 
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce