Subject: RFC 4429 on Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) for IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:28:21 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4429

        Title:      Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection (DAD) 
                    for IPv6 
        Author:     N. Moore
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 33123
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4429.txt

Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection is an interoperable modification
of the existing IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 2461) and Stateless Address 
Autoconfiguration (RFC 2462) processes.  The intention is to minimize 
address configuration delays in the successful case, to reduce disruption 
as far as possible in the failure case, and to remain interoperable
with unmodified hosts and routers.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce