Subject: RFC 4456 on BGP Route Reflection: An Alternative to Full Mesh Internal BGP (IBGP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:19:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4456

        Title:      BGP Route Reflection: An Alternative 
                    to Full Mesh Internal BGP (IBGP) 
        Author:     T. Bates, E. Chen,
                    R. Chandra
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 23209
        Obsoletes:  RFC2796, RFC1966
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4456.txt

The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is an inter-autonomous system
routing protocol designed for TCP/IP internets.  Typically, all BGP
speakers within a single AS must be fully meshed so that any external
routing information must be re-distributed to all other routers
within that Autonomous System (AS).  This represents a serious scaling
problem that has been well documented with several alternatives proposed.

This document describes the use and design of a method known as
"route reflection" to alleviate the need for "full mesh" Internal
BGP (IBGP).

This document obsoletes RFC 2796 and RFC 1966.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce