Subject: RFC 4406 on Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:55:06 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4406

        Title:      Sender ID: Authenticating E-Mail 
        Author:     J. Lyon, M. Wong
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 40428
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lyon-senderid-core-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4406.txt

Internet mail suffers from the fact that much unwanted mail is sent
using spoofed addresses -- "spoofed" in this case means that the address
is used without the permission of the domain owner.  This document
describes a family of tests by which SMTP servers can determine
whether an e-mail address in a received message was used with the
permission of the owner of the domain contained in that e-mail
address.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce