Subject: RFC 4469 on Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) CATENATE Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:28:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4469

        Title:      Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) 
                    CATENATE Extension 
        Author:     P. Resnick
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 21822
        Updates:    RFC3501, RFC3502
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-catenate-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4469.txt

The CATENATE extension to the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
extends the APPEND command to allow clients to create messages on the
IMAP server that may contain a combination of new data along with
parts of (or entire) messages already on the server.  Using this
extension, the client can catenate parts of an already existing
message onto a new message without having to first download the data
and then upload it back to the server.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce