Subject: RFC 4458 on Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) URIs for Applications such as Voicemail and Interactive Voice Response (IVR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 10:32:39 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4458

        Title:      Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) URIs 
                    for Applications such as Voicemail and 
                    Interactive Voice Response (IVR) 
        Author:     C. Jennings, F. Audet,
                    J. Elwell
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 41378
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jennings-sip-voicemail-uri-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4458.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is often used to initiate
connections to applications such as voicemail or interactive voice
recognition systems.  This specification describes a convention for
forming SIP service URIs that request particular services based on
redirecting targets from such applications.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce