Subject: IETF Jabber server changes

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:53:53 -0400

At the request of various IETF participants, the IETF Secretariat is offering
Jabber service between meetings, on a trial basis, to observe what the usage and
demand might be. 
We are planning to make the following changes to the IETF jabber server:

1).  The domain name of the chat room server will be changed from
"rooms.jabber.ietf.org" to "jabber.ietf.org".  Please note that as soon as this
change is made, all connections to the IETF jabber chat rooms will have to
specify "jabber.ietf.org" in the server field of the client software being used.

2).  The chat room logs will be renamed.  We were asked to have the chat room
logs directories appear on the web page as "roomname" instead of
"roomname.jabber.ietf.org".  Note that all previous chat room logs will continue
to be available under the new room directory name.  E.g. to see all the chat
logs for the "sip" WG, you will point a browser to
"www.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs".  You will then click on the directory line
labeled "sip", and will be able to see all past chat logs for that WG.

Also note that the past chat room logs that were sent to us from xmpp.org will
be added to the web site at this time.

3)  The chat room logs will be "pruned" such that the only daily log files that
will be retained on the web site will be those which have actual content, i.e.
completely empty log files will be removed.

4)  Rooms will be created for the IRTF working groups in the jabber.ietf.org
domain.  Specifically, the following rooms will be added to the available room
list:  aaaarch, asrg, cfrg, dtnrg, end2end, gsec, iccrg, imrg, nmrg, p2prg, rr,
siren, smrg, tmrg.

We will make these changes on Tuesday, April 18 during the afternoon. 
Consequently the IETF jabber server will be off-line during that time.  For
planning purposes, assume the server will be unavailable between the hours of
2:00pm and 5:00pm EST.  It is likely that the server will be returned to service
prior to 5:00pm.

Regards,
The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce