Subject: RFC 4405 on SMTP Service Extension for Indicating the Responsible Submitter of an E-Mail Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:54:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4405

        Title:      SMTP Service Extension for Indicating 
                    the Responsible Submitter of an E-Mail 
                    Message 
        Author:     E. Allman, H. Katz
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 29429
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-katz-submitter-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4405.txt

This memo defines an extension to the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
(SMTP) service that allows an SMTP client to specify the
responsible submitter of an e-mail message.  The responsible
submitter is the e-mail address of the entity most recently
responsible for introducing a message into the transport stream.
This extension helps receiving e-mail servers efficiently determine
whether the SMTP client is authorized to transmit mail on behalf of
the responsible submitter's domain.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce