Subject: RFC 4445 on A Proposed Media Delivery Index (MDI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:11:42 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4445

        Title:      A Proposed Media Delivery Index 
                    (MDI) 
        Author:     J. Welch, J. Clark
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 24171
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-welch-mdi-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4445.txt

This memo defines a Media Delivery Index (MDI) measurement that can be
used as a diagnostic tool or a quality indicator for monitoring a
network intended to deliver applications such as streaming media, MPEG
video, Voice over IP, or other information sensitive to arrival time
and packet loss.  It provides an indication of traffic jitter, a
measure of deviation from nominal flow rates, and a data loss
at-a-glance measure for a particular flow.  For instance, the MDI
may be used as a reference in characterizing and comparing networks
carrying UDP streaming media.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce