Subject: RFC 4408 on Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in E-Mail, Version 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:00:01 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4408

        Title:      Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for 
                    Authorizing Use of Domains in E-Mail, 
                    Version 1 
        Author:     M. Wong, W. Schlitt
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 105009
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt

E-mail on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
host can use as the reverse-path of a message or the domain given on
the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
the ender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby a domain may
explicitly authorize the hosts that are allowed to use its domain
name, and a receiving host may check such authorization.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce