Subject: RFC 4366 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:09:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4366

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions 
        Author:     S. Blake-Wilson, M. Nystrom,
                    D. Hopwood, J. Mikkelsen,
                    T. Wright
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 66344
        
        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-rfc3546bis-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4366.txt

This document describes extensions that may be used to add
functionality to Transport Layer Security (TLS).  It provides both
generic extension mechanisms for the TLS handshake client and server
hellos, and specific extensions using these generic mechanisms.

The extensions may be used by TLS clients and servers.  The
extensions are backwards compatible: communication is possible
between TLS clients that support the extensions and TLS
servers that do not support the extensions, and vice versa.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce