Subject: RFC 4463 on A Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP) Developed by Cisco, Nuance, and Speechworks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:14:33 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4463

        Title:      A Media Resource Control Protocol 
                    (MRCP) Developed by Cisco, Nuance, and 
                    Speechworks 
        Author:     S. Shanmugham, P. Monaco,
                    B. Eberman
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      86
        Characters: 176385
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-shanmugham-mrcp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4463.txt

This document describes a Media Resource Control Protocol (MRCP)
that was developed jointly by Cisco Systems, Inc., Nuance
Communications, and Speechworks, Inc.  It is published as an RFC as
input for further IETF development in this area.

MRCP controls media service resources like speech synthesizers,
recognizers, signal generators, signal detectors, fax servers, etc.,
over a network.  This protocol is designed to work with streaming
protocols like RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) or SIP (Session
Initiation Protocol), which help establish control connections to
external media streaming devices, and media delivery mechanisms like
RTP (Real Time Protocol).  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce