Subject: RFC 4464 on Signaling Compression (SigComp) Users' Guide

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:14:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4464

        Title:      Signaling Compression (SigComp) Users' Guide 
        Author:     A. Surtees, M. West
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 79643
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4464.txt

This document provides an informational guide for users of the
Signaling Compression (SigComp) protocol.  The aim of the document is
to assist users when making SigComp implementation decisions, for
example, the choice of compression algorithm and the level of
robustness against lost or misordered packets.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce