Subject: RFC 4495 on A Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Extension for the Reduction of Bandwidth of a Reservation Flow

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:42:05 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4495

        Title:      A Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) 
                    Extension for the Reduction of Bandwidth 
                    of a Reservation Flow 
        Author:     J. Polk, S. Dhesikan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 44983
        Updates:    RFC2205
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4495.txt

This document proposes an extension to the Resource Reservation
Protocol (RSVPv1) to reduce the guaranteed bandwidth allocated to an
existing reservation.  This mechanism can be used to affect
individual reservations, aggregate reservations, or other forms of
RSVP tunnels.  This specification is an extension of RFC 2205.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce