Subject: Document Action: 'The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:28:54 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR) '
   <draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-manet-dsr-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
   The Dynamic Source Routing protocol (DSR) is a routing protocol
    designed specifically for use in multi-hop wireless ad hoc
   networks of mobile nodes.  DSR allows the network to be completely
   self-organizing and self-configuring, without the need for any
   existing network infrastructure or administration.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The Working Group had consensus to publish the four existing protocols
   as Experimental, as the first step down the path towards DYMO.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Bill Fenner reviewed the specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

Please make the following two changes:

OLD (title):

                  The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol
                    for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR)

NEW:

                  The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol
               for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (DSR) for IPv4

OLD (near the end of section 1, change "are" to "will be"):

   This document specifies the operation of the DSR protocol for
   routing unicast IPv4 packets in multi-hop wireless ad hoc networks.
   Advanced, optional features, such as Quality of Service (QoS) support
   and efficient multicast routing, and operation of DSR with IPv6 [7],
   are covered in other documents.

NEW:

   This document specifies the operation of the DSR protocol for
   routing unicast IPv4 packets in multi-hop wireless ad hoc networks.
   Advanced, optional features, such as Quality of Service (QoS) support
   and efficient multicast routing, and operation of DSR with IPv6 [7],
   will be covered in other documents.

IANA Note

   Please reassign IP Protocol 48 to DSR.  David Johnson (the main
   author of DSR) was able to confirm that this protocol number was
   originally assigned for a proposal for Mobile IP (Mobile Host
   Routing Protocol) that was never deployed.  Under RFC 2780
   section 4.3, this is the IESG Approval of this assignment.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce