Subject: Document Action: 'ECP Groups For IKE and IKEv2' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:08:48 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ECP Groups For IKE and IKEv2 '
   <draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-ecp-groups-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-ecp-groups-02.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes three new elliptic curve groups for use in the
  Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and Internet Key Exchange version 2
  (IKEv2) protocols in addition to previously defined groups.
  Specifically, the new elliptic curve groups are based on modular
  arithmetic rather than binary arithmetic.  These new elliptic groups
  are defined to align IKE and IKEv2 with other elliptic cure
  cryptography (ECC) implementations and standards, particularly NIST
  standards.  In addition, the curves defined here can provide more
  efficient implementation than previously defined ECC groups.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission, although it was very
  briefly discussed on the IPsec mail list.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce