Subject: Protocol Action: 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:16:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource 
   Identifiers (URIs) for the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) '
   <draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines the use of Internationalized Resource
Identifiers (IRIs) and Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) in
identifying or interacting with entities that can communicate via the
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).

Working Group Summary
 
This is an individual submission.  It was discussed on the working group
mailing list of the former XMPP working group and on the URI-review mailing
list.  Earlier versions of this document were also reviewed and discussed on
the URI mailing list, and substantial revisions took place in response to
feedback.  
 
Protocol Quality
 
This draft was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.  The original document
shepherd for this document was Scott Hollenbeck.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce