Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for ITU-T Rec. H.263 Video' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:22:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for ITU-T Rec. H.263 Video '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429-bis-09.txt

Technical Summary

 This document describes a scheme to packetize an H.263 video stream  
 for transport using RTP. It also describes the syntax and semantics  
 of the SDP parameters needed to support the H.263 video codec. The  
 draft updates the RTP Payload Format in RFC 2429 and the media type  
 registration in RFC 3555. This is cycling at Proposed Standard,  
 rather than going to Draft, since there are some new optional media  
 type parameters.

Working Group Summary

 This was a straight forward revision of an existing protocol,  
 bringing it up to date with current practice, and adding some  
 optional parameters. There is no controversy surrounding the draft.

Protocol Quality

 The protocol is widely implemented, hence the interest in revising  
 and clarifying the payload format and media type registration. The  
 payload format has been extensively reviewed by Magnus Westerlund;  
 Martin Duerst provided comments during a media type review.
 
 PROTO review was done by Colin Perkins.  

 The document had an ietf-types review on November 30 and no issues
 were raised.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce