Subject: RFC 4508 on Conveying Feature Tags with the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:26:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4508

        Title:      Conveying Feature Tags with the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) REFER Method 
        Author:     O. Levin, A. Johnston
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11338
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-refer-feature-param-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4508.txt

The SIP "Caller Preferences" extension defined in RFC 3840 provides a
mechanism that allows a SIP request to convey information relating to
the originator's capabilities and preferences for handling of that
request.  The SIP REFER method defined in RFC 3515 provides a mechanism
that allows one party to induce another to initiate a SIP
request.  This document extends the REFER method to use the mechanism
of RFC 3840.  By doing so, the originator of a REFER may inform the
recipient as to the characteristics of the target that the induced
request is expected to reach.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce