Subject: Protocol Action: 'Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR): The Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 20:01:16 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR): The Internet Address Assignment and 
   Aggregation Plan '
   <draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-rfc1519bis-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This memo discusses the strategy for address assignment of the
 existing 32-bit IPv4 address space with a view toward conserving the
 address space and limiting the growth rate of global routing state.
 This document obsoletes the original CIDR spec [RFC1519], with
 changes made both to clarify the concepts it introduced and, after
 more than twelve years, to update the Internet community on the
 results of deploying the technology described.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the grow working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed by David Kessens for the IESG.
 Some IETF Last Call comments were received and the issues that were
 brought up were promptly addressed.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce