Subject: RFC 4423 on Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:02:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4423

        Title:      Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Architecture 
        Author:     R. Moskowitz, P. Nikander
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 61049
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-hip-arch-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4423.txt

This memo describes a snapshot of the reasoning behind a proposed new
namespace, the Host Identity namespace, and a new protocol layer, the
Host Identity Protocol (HIP), between the internetworking and transport
layers.  Herein are presented the basics of the current namespaces,
their strengths and weaknesses, and how a new namespace will add
completeness to them.  The roles of this new namespace in the
protocols are defined.  The memo describes the thinking of the
authors as of Fall 2003.  The architecture may have evolved since.
This document represents one stable point in that evolution of
understanding.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Host Identity Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce