Subject: Protocol Action: 'Diameter Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Application' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:01:22 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Application '
   <draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Authentication, Authorization and 
Accounting Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This draft proposes Diameter application to allow SIP-based services
  to be used within a AAA deployment, for authentication of users and
  authorization of SIP resources usages.  The document defines the
  overall framework for this as well as the Diameter AVPs and Command
  Codes to be used.	

Working Group Summary

  There have been 3 WGLC on the document. Effort was made to align this
  with the RADIUS Extension for Digest Authentication draft.  There is
  strong WG consensus behind this document, and some WG members have
  indicated that they are implementing the draft.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by the working group chairs as well as
  key Diameter and RADIUS experts.  They feel that this document is
  ready.

  The document was also reviewed by the SIPPING WG, which produced
  RFC 3701 - "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
  Requirements for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".

  Further, people participating from 3GPP have also reviewed this
  document.

  Additionally, this document has participated in the Early
  Copy-Edit experiment.

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Bert Wijnen

Note to RFC Editor
 
  For your info: revision 08 of this document was reviewed by the
  RFC-Editor (Alice) as part of the "early-copy-editing" experiment.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce