Subject: Document Action: 'Generic Threats to Routing Protocols' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 17:49:56 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generic Threats to Routing Protocols '
   <draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Routing Protocol Security Requirements 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-07.txt

Technical Summary

   Routing protocols are subject to attacks that can harm individual
   users or network operations as a whole.  This document provides a
   description and a summary of generic threats that affect routing
   protocols in general.  This work describes threats, including threat 
   sources and capabilities, threat actions, and threat consequences as 
   well as a breakdown of routing functions that might be separately
   attacked.

Working Group Summary

   Version -06 was approved in May, 2004.  When it was realized
   that version had some flaws, it was pulled from the RFC Editor's
   queue and updated.  The updated version passed Working
   Group Last Call in February, 2005.

Protocol Quality

   Alex Zinin reviewed this document for the initial approval.
   Bill Fenner reviewed the updated version.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce