Subject: RFC 4462 on Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Authentication and Key Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:41:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4462

        Title:      Generic Security Service Application Program 
                    Interface (GSS-API) Authentication and Key Exchange 
                    for the Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol 
        Author:     J. Hutzelman, J. Salowey,
                    J. Galbraith, V. Welch
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 65280
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-secsh-gsskeyex-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4462.txt

The Secure Shell protocol (SSH) is a protocol for secure remote login
and other secure network services over an insecure network.

The Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
provides security services to callers in a mechanism-independent
fashion.

This memo describes methods for using the GSS-API for authentication
and key exchange in SSH.  It defines an SSH user authentication
method that uses a specified GSS-API mechanism to authenticate a user,
and a family of SSH key exchange methods that use GSS-API to
authenticate a Diffie-Hellman key exchange.

This memo also defines a new host public key algorithm that can be
used when no operations are needed using a host's public key, and a
new user authentication method that allows an authorization name to
be used in conjunction with any authentication that has already
occurred as a side-effect of GSS-API-based key exchange.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Shell
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce