Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Base16, Base32, and Base64 Data Encodings' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:51:48 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Base16, Base32, and Base64 Data Encodings '
   <draft-josefsson-rfc3548bis-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-rfc3548bis-04.txt

Technical Summary
  
  This document describes the commonly used base 64, base 32, and base
   16 encoding schemes.  It also discusses the use of line-feeds in
   encoded data, use of padding in encoded data, use of non-alphabet
   characters in encoded data, and use of different encoding alphabets.
   It obsoletes the descriptions in RFC 3548.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This work is the product of an individual submitter.  There were significant
 IETF Last Call comments, and the draft was updated to respond to them.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce