Subject: RFC 4548 on Internet Code Point (ICP) Assignments for NSAP Addresses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:24:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4548

        Title:      Internet Code Point (ICP) Assignments 
                    for NSAP Addresses 
        Author:     E. Gray, J. Rutemiller,
                    G. Swallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17950
        Updates:    RFC1888, RFC4048
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-gray-rfc1888bis-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4548.txt

This document is intended to accomplish two highly inter-related
tasks: to establish an "initial" Internet Code Point (ICP) assignment
for each of IPv4 and IPv6 address encoding in Network Service Access
Point (NSAP) Addresses, and to recommend an IANA assignment policy
for currently unassigned ICP values.  In the first task, this document
is a partial replacement for RFC 1888 -- particularly for section 6 of
RFC 1888.  In the second task, this document incorporates wording and
specifications from ITU-T Recommendation X.213 and further recommends
that IANA use the "IETF consensus" assignment policy in making future
ICP assignments.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce