Subject: RFC 4477 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:41:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4477

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): 
                    IPv4 and IPv6 Dual-Stack Issues 
        Author:     T. Chown, S. Venaas,
                    C. Strauf
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30440
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dual-stack-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4477.txt

A node may have support for communications using IPv4 and/or IPv6
protocols.  Such a node may wish to obtain IPv4 and/or IPv6
configuration settings via the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCP).  The original version of DHCP (RFC 2131) designed for IPv4
has now been complemented by a new DHCPv6 (RFC 3315) for IPv6.  This
document describes issues identified with dual IP version DHCP
interactions, the most important aspect of which is how to handle
potential problems in clients processing configuration information
received from both DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 servers.  The document makes a
recommendation on the general strategy on how best to handle such
issues and identifies future work to be undertaken.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce