Subject: STD0067 RFC 4506 on XDR: External Data Representation Standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 22:21:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        STD0067        
        RFC 4506

        Title:      XDR: External Data Representation Standard 
        Author:     M. Eisler, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 55477

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1832bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4506.txt

This document describes the External Data Representation Standard
(XDR) protocol as it is currently deployed and accepted.  This
document obsoletes RFC 1832.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network File System Version 4
Working Group of the IETF

This is now a Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce