Subject: RFC 4540 on NEC's Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO) Protocol Version 3.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 22:21:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4540

        Title:      NEC's Simple Middlebox Configuration (SIMCO) 
                    Protocol Version 3.0 
        Author:     M. Stiemerling, J. Quittek,
                    C. Cadar
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 152685
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-stiemerling-midcom-simco-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4540.txt

This document describes a protocol for controlling middleboxes such as
firewalls and network address translators.  It is a fully compliant
implementation of the Middlebox Communications (MIDCOM) semantics
described in RFC 3989.  Compared to earlier experimental versions of
the SIMCO protocol, this version (3.0) uses binary message encodings in
order to reduce resource requirements.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unl______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce