Subject: RFC 4483 on A Mechanism for Content Indirection in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:14:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4483

        Title:      A Mechanism for Content Indirection 
                    in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Messages 
        Author:     E. Burger, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 36794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-content-indirect-mech-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4483.txt

This document defines an extension to the URL MIME External-Body
Access-Type to satisfy the content indirection requirements for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  These extensions are aimed at
allowing any MIME part in a SIP message to be referred to indirectly
via a URI.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce