Subject: RFC 4504 on SIP Telephony Device Requirements and Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:38:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4504

        Title:      SIP Telephony Device Requirements and 
                    Configuration 
        Author:     H. Sinnreich, Ed.,
                    S. Lass, C. Stredicke
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 84849
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4504.txt

This document describes the requirements for SIP telephony devices,
based on the deployment experience of large numbers of SIP phones and
PC clients using different implementations in various networks.  The
objectives of the requirements are a well-defined set of
interoperability and multi-vendor-supported core features, so as to
enable similar ease of purchase, installation, and operation as found
for PCs, PDAs, analog feature phones or mobile phones.

We present a glossary of the most common settings and some
of the more widely used values for some settings.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce