Subject: BCP 117, RFC 4497 on Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and QSIG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:07:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 117        
        RFC 4497

        Title:      Interworking between the Session Initiation 
                    Protocol (SIP) and QSIG 
        Author:     J. Elwell, F. Derks,
                    P. Mourot, O. Rousseau
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      65
        Characters: 149992
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0117

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-qsig2sip-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4497.txt

This document specifies interworking between the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) and QSIG within corporate telecommunication networks
(also known as enterprise networks).  SIP is an Internet
application-layer control (signalling) protocol for creating,
modifying, and terminating sessions with one or more participants.
These sessions include, in particular, telephone calls.  QSIG is a
signalling protocol for creating, modifying, and terminating
circuit-switched calls (in particular, telephone calls) within Private
Integrated Services Networks (PISNs).  QSIG is specified in a number
of Ecma Standards and published also as ISO/IEC standards.  This document 
specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, 
and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce