Subject: RFC Editor RFI

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:02:33 -0400

The Internet Engineering Task Force Administrative Oversight Committee plans to
issue a Request for Proposal in 2006 for the performance of the RFC Editor
functions.  To that end  the IAOC is issuing a Request for Information to
identify organizations interested in pursuing contract award, as well as
comments and suggestions from any party about the functions, practices and
structure of the RFC Editor.

The RFC Editor functions include:
(1) Editorial management and publication of the "Request for Comment" (RFC)
document series, which includes the permanent document repository of the IETF
community;
(2) Editorial management and publication of RFCs from Independent Submissions;
(3) Maintenance of indices, errata and lists associated with RFCs;
(4) Communication of relevant RFC and processing information online; and
(5) Liaison with and training of IETF community.

The RFI can be found at: www.ietf.org at the IASA link.

Responses are due no later than June 21, 2006 to [email-masked].

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may
be used in the development of an RFP.

Questions about this RFI can be addressed to:  [email-masked]  All
questions and answers will be posted on the aforementioned website.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce