Subject: RFC 4485 on Guidelines for Authors of Extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:14:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4485

        Title:      Guidelines for Authors of Extensions 
                    to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 57278
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sip-guidelines-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4485.txt

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a flexible yet simple tool
for establishing interactive communications sessions across the Internet. 
Part of this flexibility is the ease with which it can be extended.  In
order to facilitate effective and interoperable extensions to SIP,
some guidelines need to be followed when developing SIP extensions.
This document outlines a set of such guidelines for authors of SIP
extensions.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce