Subject: RFC 4454 on Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) over Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:06:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4454

        Title:      Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) over 
                    Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 
                    (L2TPv3) 
        Author:     S. Singh, M. Townsley,
                    C. Pignataro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 58281
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-atm-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4454.txt

The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, Version 3 (L2TPv3) defines an
extensible tunneling protocol to transport layer 2 services over IP
networks.  This document describes the specifics of how to use the L2TP
control plane for Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) Pseudowires and
provides guidelines for transporting various ATM services over an IP
network.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of 
the Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of 
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce