Subject: RFC 4554 on Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 Coexistence in Enterprise Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:16:15 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4554

        Title:      Use of VLANs for IPv4-IPv6 
                    Coexistence in Enterprise Networks 
        Author:     T. Chown
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23355
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-vlan-usage-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4554.txt

Ethernet VLANs are quite commonly used in enterprise networks for the
purposes of traffic segregation.  This document describes how such
VLANs can be readily used to deploy IPv6 networking in an enterprise,
which focuses on the scenario of early deployment prior to
availability of IPv6-capable switch-router equipment.  In this
method, IPv6 may be routed in parallel with the existing IPv4 in the
enterprise and delivered at Layer 2 via VLAN technology.  The IPv6
connectivity to the enterprise may or may not enter the site via the
same physical link.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce