Subject: RFC 4493 on The AES-CMAC Algorithm

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:58:31 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4493

        Title:      The AES-CMAC Algorithm 
        Author:     JH. Song, R. Poovendran,
                    J. Lee, T. Iwata
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 38751
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-songlee-aes-cmac-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4493.txt

The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has recently
specified the Cipher-based Message Authentication Code (CMAC),
which is equivalent to the One-Key CBC MAC1 (OMAC1) submitted by
Iwata and Kurosawa.  This memo specifies an authentication algorithm
based on CMAC with the 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
This new authentication algorithm is named AES-CMAC.
The purpose of this document is to make the AES-CMAC algorithm
conveniently available to the Internet Community.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce