Subject: RFC Editor RFI Reminder

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:39:18 -0400

This is a reminder that the deadline for submitting responses to the RFC Editor
Request for Information is this coming Wednesday, June 21, 2006.  See details
below.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Internet Engineering Task Force Administrative Oversight Committee plans to
issue in 2006 a Request for Proposal for the performance of the RFC Editor
functions.  To that end  the IAOC is issuing a Request for Information to
identify organizations interested in pursuing contract award, as well as
comments and suggestions from any party about the functions, practices and
structure of the RFC Editor.  

The RFC Editor functions include: 
(1) Editorial management and publication of the "Request for Comment" (RFC)
document series, which includes the permanent document repository of the IETF
community; 
(2) Editorial management and publication of RFCs from Independent Submissions;
(3) Maintenance of indices, errata and lists associated with RFCs;
(4) Communication of relevant RFC and processing information online; and
(5) Liaison with and training of IETF community.

The RFI can be found at: www.ietf.org at the IASA link.

Responses are due no later than June 21, 2006 to [email-masked].

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary and may
be used in the development of an RFP.

Questions about this RFI can be addressed to:  [email-masked] All
questions and answers will be posted on the aforementioned website.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce