Subject: RFC 4465 on Signaling Compression (SigComp) Torture Tests

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:11:18 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4465

        Title:      Signaling Compression (SigComp) Torture Tests 
        Author:     A. Surtees, M. West
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      68
        Characters: 118772
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-torture-tests-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4465.txt

This document provides a set of "torture tests" for implementers of
the Signaling Compression (SigComp) protocol.  The torture tests
check each of the SigComp Universal Decompressor Virtual Machine
instructions in turn, focusing in particular on the boundary and
error cases that are not generally encountered when running
well-behaved compression algorithms.  Tests are also provided for
other SigComp entities such as the dispatcher and the state handler.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce