Subject: Document Action: 'Considerations on the IPv6 Host density Metric' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:23:37 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Considerations on the IPv6 Host density Metric '
   <draft-huston-hd-metric-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huston-hd-metric-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This memo provides an analysis of the Host Density metric as
 currently used to guide registry allocations of IPv6 unicast address
 blocks.  This document contrasts the address efficiency as currently
 adopted in the allocation of IPv4 network addresses and that used by
 the IPv6 protocol.  It is noted that for large allocations there are
 very significant variations in the target efficiency metric between
 the two approaches.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is an individual submission by Geoff Huston and is not the 
 product of a working group. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

IANA Note

 No IANA actions are expected as a result of this document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce