Subject: Open mailing list for the discussion of Independent RFC Submissions Process

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:32:16 -0400

As part its role in supporting the RFC Editor function, the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB) has created a public mailing list for the discussion of
the RFC Independent Submissions process.  

The purpose of this discussion is to achieve consensus, in the coming weeks, on
a process for fair and appropriate approval of independent submissions to the
RFC series.  These are separate from IETF, IAB or IRTF approved submissions. 

Individuals familiar with the RFC series and working in the Internet research
and engineering community are invited to join this mailing list and participate.

  independent<at>ietf.org

  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/independent

There is an initial draft proposal, available at

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-rfc-independent-02.txt

Leslie Daigle,
Chair, IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce