Subject: RFC 4549 on Synchronization Operations for Disconnected IMAP4 Clients

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:44:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4549

        Title:      Synchronization Operations for Disconnected IMAP4 
                    Clients 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 75417
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-imap-disc-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4549.txt

This document attempts to address some of the issues involved in building
a disconnected IMAP4 client.  In particular, it deals with the
issues of what might be called the "driver" portion of the synchronization
tool: the portion of the code responsible for issuing the correct set
of IMAP4 commands to synchronize the disconnected client in the way
that is most likely to make the human who uses the disconnected
client happy.

This note describes different strategies that can be used by disconnected
clients and shows how to use IMAP protocol in order to minimize the
time of the synchronization process.

This note also lists IMAP extensions that a server should implement in
order to provide better synchronization facilities to disconnected clients.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce