Subject: IETF NomComm Appointment - 2006-2007

From: "Lynn St.Amour" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 18:55:02 +0200

One of the roles of the Internet Society (ISOC) President is to 
appoint the IETF Nominations Committee chair.   This is done through 
consultation with members of the IETF community, input from past IETF 
NomComm Chairs, as well as from the ISOC Board.

It gives me great pleasure to announce  that Andrew Lange has agreed 
to serve as the 2007 IETF Nominations Committee chair.   Andrew can 
be reached at <[email-masked]>.

A Call for Nominations for this committee will be sent shortly to the 
IETF Announcement list; and a list of the IESG, IAB and IAOC seats to 
be filled will also be published.  Please give serious consideration 
to possible candidates for these posts.  In the interim, please make 
your suggestions known to Andrew, who will share them with the 
committee when seated.

The NomComm process is an ambitious undertaking and it is important 
that the entire IETF community assist as much as possible.   Thank 
you in advance for your support and a sincere thank you to Andrew for 
agreeing to take on this important responsibility.

Lynn St. Amour
President & CEO
The Internet Society

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce