Subject: Document Action: 'Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:17:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   A mobile node needs at least the following information: a home
   address, home agent address and a security association with home
   agent to register with the home agent.  The process of obtaining this
   information is called bootstrapping.  This document discuss the
   issues involved with how the mobile node can be bootstrapped for
   Mobile IPv6 and various potential deployment scenarios for mobile
   node bootstrapping.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is a work item of the MIP6 WG.  The WG has consensus
   to publish this document as an Informational RFC.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce