Subject: RFC 4513 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): Authentication Methods and Security Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:54:08 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4513

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): 
                    Authentication Methods and Security Mechanisms 
        Author:     R. Harrison, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 80546
        Obsoletes:  RFC2251, RFC2829, RFC2830
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapbis-authmeth-19.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4513.txt

This document describes authentication methods and security
mechanisms of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
This document details establishment of Transport Layer Security
(TLS) using the StartTLS operation.

This document details the simple Bind authentication method
including anonymous, unauthenticated, and name/password mechanisms
and the Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Bind
authentication method including the EXTERNAL mechanism.

This document discusses various authentication and authorization
states through which a session to an LDAP server may pass and the
actions that trigger these state changes.

This document, together with other documents in the LDAP Technical
Specification (see Section 1 of the specification's road map),
obsoletes RFC 2251, RFC 2829, and RFC 2830.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the LDAP (v3) Revision
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce