Subject: RFC 4505 on Anonymous Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:52:10 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4505

        Title:      Anonymous Simple Authentication and Security 
                    Layer (SASL) Mechanism 
        Author:     K. Zeilenga
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16599
        Obsoletes:  RFC2245
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sasl-anon-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4505.txt

On the Internet, it is common practice to permit anonymous access to
various services.  Traditionally, this has been done with a plain-text
password mechanism using "anonymous" as the user name and using optional
trace information, such as an email address, as the password.  As
plain-text login commands are not permitted in new IETF protocols, a
new way to provide anonymous login is needed within the context of the
Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) framework.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce