Subject: Protocol Action: 'Atom Threading Extensions' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:20:32 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Atom Threading Extensions '
   <draft-snell-atompub-feed-thread-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-feed-thread-12.txt

Technical Summary

This draft proposes some extensions to the Atom Syntax specification so that
the relationship of one Atom entry to another (for example, when one entry is a
comment on a blog post which is another entry). 

Working Group Summary

This is not a WG draft.  Nevertheless, the AtomPub WG discussion on this draft
was fairly lengthy, and resulted in a number of changes to the draft.  
 
Protocol Quality

As of May 2006, Feed Thread support has several independent implementations andeven some interoperability testing.  

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Lisa Dusseault.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce