Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:50:01 -0400

The charter of the Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg) working group 
in the Transport Area of the IETF has been updated. For additional 
information, please contact the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.

+++

Transport Area Working Group (tsvwg)
------------------------------------

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
James Polk <[email-masked]> 
Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> 
Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> 

Transport Area Director(s):
Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> 
Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> 

Transport Area Advisor:
Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe email_address
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/index.html

Description of Working Group:

The Transport Area receives occasional proposals for the development 
and publication of RFCs dealing with transport topics that are not in 
scope of an existing working group or do not justify the formation of 
a new working group. TSVWG will serve as the forum for developing 
such work items in the IETF.

The TSVWG mailing list is an open discussion forum for such work 
items, when they arise. The working group meets if there are active 
proposals that require discussion. The working group milestones are 
updated as needed to reflect the current work items and their 
associated milestones.

The currently active TSVWG work items mostly fall under the following 
topics:

(A) Maintenance of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), 
which involves bug fixes to the SCTP specifications and their 
progression along the standards track. This work item also includes a 
small number of modular extensions to SCTP. Currently, these include 
SCTP-ADDIP, SCTP-AUTH and SCTP-PADDING, as well as socket API and 
threat analysis documents. In order to maintain stable 
specifications, additional work on SCTP in TSVWG requires Area 
Director approval.

(B) Maintenance of the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP), which 
involves bug fixes to the RSVP specifications and their progression 
along the standards track. This work item may also include a small 
number of extensions to RSVP or advisory documents to address 
specific application scenarios. In order to maintain stable 
specifications, additional work on RSVP in TSVWG requires Area 
Director approval.

(C) Maintenance of IP Differentiated Services (DiffServ) mechanisms, 
which involves mostly advisory documents on the use of DiffServ in 
specific application scenarios. Other work items related to DiffServ 
require Area Director approval.

(D) Selected other work items, which are mostly in TSVWG for historic 
reasons. These include an extended statistics MIB for TCP and the 
quick-start mechanism for TCP and IP. Additional work that does not 
fall under one of the above topics in TSVWG must satisfy four 
conditions: (1) WG consensus on the suitability and projected quality 
of the proposed work item. (2) A core group of WG participants with 
sufficient energy and expertise to advance the work item according to 
the proposed schedule. (3) Commitment from the WG as a whole to 
provide sufficient and timely review of the proposed work item. (4) 
Agreement by the ADs, who, depending on the scope of the proposed 
work item, may decide that an IESG review is needed first.

Goals and Milestones:

Jun 2006 Submit "Alternate Semantics for the ECN Field" to IESG for 
consideration as BCP

Jun 2006 Submit "Aggregation of RSVP Reservations over MPLS TE/DS-TE 
Tunnels" to IESG for consideration as PS
Jun 2006 Submit "QoS Signaling in a Nested Virtual Private Network" 
to IESG for consideration as Informational
Jun 2006 Submit "Generic Aggregate RSVP Reservations" to IESG for 
consideration as PS

Jul 2006 Submit "Quick-Start for TCP and IP" to IESG for 
consideration as Experimental
Jul 2006 Submit "TCP Extended Statistics MIB" to IESG for 
consideration as PS

Aug 2006 Submit "SCTP Dynamic Address Reconfiguration" to IESG for 
consideration as PS
Aug 2006 Submit "Authenticated Chunks for Stream Control Transmission 
Protocol" to IESG as consideration as PS

Oct 2006 Submit "Security Threats to SCTP" to IESG for consideration 
as Informational

Nov 2006 Submit "Sockets API Extensions for Stream Control 
Transmission Protocol" to IESG for consideration as Informational

Dec 2006 Submit "Padding Chunk and Parameter for SCTP" to IESG for 
consideration as PS

Jan 2007 Submit revision of "Stream Control Transmission Protocol" to 
IESG for consideration as PS

Mar 2007 Submit "Aggregation of DiffServ Service Classes" for 
consideration as Informational

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce