Subject: RFC 4517 on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): Syntaxes and Matching Rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 16:55:16 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4517

        Title:      Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP): 
                    Syntaxes and Matching Rules 
        Author:     S. Legg, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      53
        Characters: 114285

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4517.txt

Each attribute stored in a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol
(LDAP) directory, whose values may be transferred in the LDAP
protocol, has a defined syntax that constrains the structure and
format of its values.  The comparison semantics for values of a
syntax are not part of the syntax definition but are instead provided
through separately defined matching rules.  Matching rules specify an
argument, an assertion value, which also has a defined syntax.  This
document defines a base set of syntaxes and matching rules for use in
defining attributes for LDAP directories.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the LDAP (v3) Revision
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce