Subject: RFC 4595 on Use of IKEv2 in the Fibre Channel Security Association Management Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:13:03 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4595

        Title:      Use of IKEv2 in the 
                    Fibre Channel Security Association Management 
                    Protocol 
        Author:     F. Maino, D. Black
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 32268
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-maino-fcsp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4595.txt

This document describes the use of IKEv2 to negotiate security
protocols and transforms for Fibre Channel as part of the Fibre
Channel Security Association Management Protocol.  This usage
requires that IKEv2 be extended with Fibre-Channel-specific
security protocols, transforms, and name types.  This document
specifies these IKEv2 extensions and allocates identifiers for them.
Using new IKEv2 identifiers for Fibre Channel security protocols
avoids any possible confusion between IKEv2 negotiation for IP
networks and IKEv2 negotiation for Fibre Channel.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce