Subject: RFC 4564 on Objectives for Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:01:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4564

        Title:      Objectives for Control and Provisioning 
                    of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) 
        Author:     S. Govindan, Ed.,
                    H. Cheng, ZH. Yao,
                    WH. Zhou, L. Yang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 64576
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-capwap-objectives-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4564.txt

This document presents objectives for an interoperable protocol for
the Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP).  The
document aims to establish a set of focused requirements for the
development and evaluation of a CAPWAP protocol.  The objectives
address architecture, operation, security, and network operator
requirements that are necessary to enable interoperability among
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) devices of alternative designs.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce