Subject: Document Action: 'IKEv2 Clarifications and Implementation Guidelines' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:34:01 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IKEv2 Clarifications and Implementation Guidelines '
   <draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-clarifications-09.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eronen-ipsec-ikev2-clarifications-09.txt

Technical Summary

  This document clarifies many areas of the IKEv2 specification.  It
  does not to introduce any changes to the protocol, but rather provides
  descriptions that are less prone to ambiguous interpretations.  The
  purpose of this document is to encourage the development of
  interoperable IKEv2 implementations.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission.  This document was
  discussed on the IPsec Mail List.

Protocol Quality

  Thin document incorporates many lessons learned during
  interoperability testing.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce