Subject: Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Attributes for Virtual LAN and Priority Support' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:18:17 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RADIUS Attributes for Virtual LAN and Priority Support '
   <draft-ietf-radext-vlan-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-vlan-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes Virtual LAN (VLAN) and re-prioritization
 attributes that may prove useful for provisioning of access to IEEE
 802 local area networks with the Remote Authentication Dialin User
 Service (RADIUS).   The attributes defined in this document provide
 support within RADIUS analogous to the management variables supported
 in IEEE-802.1Q and MIB objects defined in RFC 4363.

Working Group Summary
 
 There have been 3 WGLCs on the document, the initial one was
 part of the IEEE 802 attributes document, and the last two as
 a standalone document.  Discussion on the document related
 to the use of the Tag Indication field, details of the
 User-Priority-Table attribute and per-user vs. per-port
 provisioning.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce