Subject: Document Action: 'Registration of media type audio/mobile-xmf' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:49:21 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Registration of media type audio/mobile-xmf '
   <draft-kosonen-mobile-xmf-mediatype-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kosonen-mobile-xmf-mediatype-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
 The MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA) and the Association of Music 
 Electronics industry (AMEI) have produced the Mobile XMF standard 
 [1].  The Mobile XMF standard has been developed particularly for 
 mobile MIDI [7] applications.  Mobile XMF is a very compact media 
 type providing high quality synthetic audio content for music 
 downloading and messaging applications that require MIME 
 registration. 

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is an individual submission.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Ietf-types reviewed this document.

Note to RFC Editor
 
OLD
 
  prl is a string (inside double quotation marks "") containing the
  playback resources included in all Content Description MetaDataItems of
  the Mobile XMF file.  The string contains two digit hexadecimal numbers
  representing data bytes from the Content Description Meta Data.  The
  same resource is listed only once.  A playback resource contains two
  parts: a prefix and data.  prl is encoded in two-digit hex numbers
  concatenated in a US-ASCII string.

  Example: If the file includes Playback Resource Lists such as [00h 01h
  00h 02h] and [00h 01h 00h 03h], the corresponding prl is "000100020003"
  containing playback resources 01, 02, and 03 with the prefix 00.
 
 NEW
 
 prl contains the playback resources included in all Content Description
MetaDataItems of the Mobile XMF file.  prl contains two- digit
hexadecimal numbers representing data bytes from the Content Description
Meta Data.  The same resource is listed only once.  A playback resource
contains two parts: a prefix and data.  prl is a sequence of two-digit
hexadecimal numbers encoded in US-ASCII.
Thus, prl has an even number of hexadecimal digits.

Example: If the file includes Playback Resource Lists such as [00h 01h
00h 02h] and [00h 01h 00h 03h], the corresponding prl is 000100020003
containing playback resources 01, 02, and 03 each with the prefix 00.

OLD

minimum-pr is a string containing the Maximum Instantaneous Resource
(MIR) values from the first row of all MIR Count Tables corresponding to
the playback resources listed in prl.
Only the largest value from the values of the same resource is chosen.
minimum-prl is encoded in two-digit hex numbers concatenated in a
US-ASCII string.

minimum-pr requires the use of prl and the values in minimum-pr must be
in the same order as the resources in prl.  minimum-pr is the most
important of minimum-pr and total-pr, because it defines the minimum
playback requirements.

Example: If the file includes first rows of MIR Count Tables such as
[02h 00h] and [01h 01h] corresponding to the above Playback Resource
Lists, the corresponding minimum-pr is "020001".  (02 is the largest of
2 and 1, 00 is the largest of 0, and 01 is the largest of 1.)

NEW

minimum-pr contains the Maximum Instantaneous
Resource (MIR) values from the first row of all MIR Count
Tables corresponding to the playback resources listed in prl.
Only the largest value from the values of the same resource is
chosen.  minimum-prl is a sequence of two-digit hexadecimal numbers
encoded in US-ASCII. Thus, minimum-prl has an even number of hexadecimal
digits.

minimum-pr requires the use of prl and the values in minimum-pr
must be in the same order as the resources in prl.  minimum-pr
is the most important of minimum-pr and total-pr, because it
defines the minimum playback requirements.

Example: If the file includes first rows of MIR Count Tables
such as [02h 00h] and [01h 01h] corresponding to the above
Playback Resource Lists, the corresponding minimum-pr is
020001.  (02 is the largest of 2 and 1, 00 is the largest of
0, and 01 is the largest of 1.)

OLD

total-pr is a string containing the MIR values from the last
row of all MIR Count Tables corresponding to the playback
resources listed in prl.  Only the largest value from the
values of the same resource is chosen.  total-pr is encoded in
two-digit hex numbers concatenated in a US-ASCII string.

total-pr requires the use of prl and the values in total-pr
must be in the same order as the resources in prl.

Example: If the file includes last rows of MIR Count Tables
such as [05h 02h] and [06h 01h] corresponding to the above
Playback Resource Lists, the corresponding total-pr is
"060201".  (06 is the largest of 5 and 6, 02 is the largest of
2, and 01 is the largest of 1.)

NEW

total-pr contains the MIR values from the last
row of all MIR Count Tables corresponding to the playback
resources listed in prl.  Only the largest value from the
values of the same resource is chosen.  total-pr is a sequence of
two-digit hexadecimal numbers encoded in US-ASCII. Thus, total-pr has an
even number of hexadecimal digits.

total-pr requires the use of prl and the values in total-pr
must be in the same order as the resources in prl.

Example: If the file includes last rows of MIR Count Tables
such as [05h 02h] and [06h 01h] corresponding to the above
Playback Resource Lists, the corresponding total-pr is
060201.  (06 is the largest of 5 and 6, 02 is the largest of
2, and 01 is the largest of 1.)

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce