Subject: RFC 4570 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Source Filters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:02:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4570

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Source 
                    Filters 
        Author:     B. Quinn, R. Finlayson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28601
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4570.txt

This document describes how to adapt the Session Description Protocol
(SDP) to express one or more source addresses as a source filter for
one or more destination "connection" addresses.  It defines the
syntax and semantics for an SDP "source-filter" attribute that may
reference either IPv4 or IPv6 address(es) as either an inclusive or
exclusive source list for either multicast or unicast destinations.
In particular, an inclusive source-filter can be used to specify a
Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) session.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce