Subject: Earlier dates for BOF proposals

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:10:01 -0400

If you are expecting to propose a BOF in San Diego, please
note the new scheduling deadlines:

August 7, Monday - WG and BOF scheduling begins

September 18, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule WG
                       and for preliminary BOF proposals to ADs

September 25, Monday - Cutoff date for requests to schedule BOF

In other words you MUST send a preliminary proposal to the
relevant AD by September 18; but earlier would be better.
The final scheduling request must be sent by September 25.

This change is designed to ensure that all BOF proposals can
be discussed between the IESG and IAB before a final decision
is taken.

The general BOF procedures are at 
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1bof-procedures.txt
and there is excellent general advice at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-narten-successful-bof

   Brian Carpenter

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce