Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification (calsify)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:00:01 -0400

The charter of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification 
(calsify) working group in the Applications Area of the IETF has been 
updated. For additional information, please contact the Area Directors or the 
working group Chairs.

+++

Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification (calsify)
==============================================================

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>

Applications Area Director(s):
Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>

Applications Area Advisor:
Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify
Archive: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/

Description of Working Group:

The Calendaring and Scheduling standards, defined in RFC's 2445, 2446,
and 2447 were released in November 1998, and further described in RFC
3283. They were designed to progress the level of interoperability
between dissimilar calendaring and scheduling systems. The Calendaring
and Scheduling Core Object Specification, iCalendar, succeeded in
establishing itself as the common format for exchanging calendaring
information across the Internet. On the other hand, only basic
interoperability has been achieved between different scheduling systems.

The Calsify working group is chartered to:

(1) Revise the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards to advance the
state of interoperable calendaring and scheduling by addressing
the known interoperability issues, errata, and problems found based on
implementation experience.

(2) Clarify the registration process for iCalendar extensions (i.e.,
the current core object specification only provides a template
to register new properties).

(3) Provide a means to ease transition from, and to co-exist with,
the earlier iCalendar standards to the new ones.

Proposing an XML representation or transformation of iCalendar
objects is out of the scope of this working group.

Depending on the results of the update process on the standards 
documents the working group will consider whether advancing the 
documents to draft standard is appropriate. If we decide to move the 
documents to draft status, milestones may get changed and/or added to 
allow for any additional work necessary to advance the documents.

Goals and Milestones:

Done
Submit iMIP bis draft 00

Done
Submit iCalendar bis draft 00, with formatting changes from RFC2445.

Done
Submit iTIP bis draft 00

June 2006
Submit updated version of rfc2445bis draft

June 2006
Submit updated version of rfc2446bis draft

June 2006
Submit updated version of rfc2447bis draft

Sep 2006
Working Group Last Call on rfc2445bis draft

Oct 2006
Working Group Last Call on rfc2447bis draft

Oct 2006
Working Group Last Call on rfc2446bis draft

Nov 2006
Decide whether documents move to PS or DS

Jan 2007
Submit rfc2446bis draft to IESG

Jan 2007
Submit rfc2445bis to IESG

Jan 2007
Submit rfc2447bis to IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce