Subject: Protocol Action: 'Encapsulation Methods for Transport of ATM Over MPLS Networks' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:32:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Encapsulation Methods for Transport of ATM Over MPLS Networks '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-atm-encap-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-atm-encap-11.txt

*    Technical Summary

An ATM Pseudowire (PW) is used to carry ATM cells over an MPLS
network. This enables service providers to offer "emulated" ATM
services over existing MPLS networks. This document specifies a
number of methods for the encapsulation of ATM cells
within a pseudowire, and describes the applicability of each
method.

*    Working Group Summary

The PWE3 WG have thoroughly reviewed this design. The design is
technically identical to Y.1411 and Y.1412, and the design
represents the combined efforts of ITU SG13 and IETF PWE3WG.

*    Protocol Quality

There are a number of existing implementations of this protocol. This document
was reviewed for the IESG by Mark Townsley.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce