Subject: RFC 4480 on RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:56:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4480

        Title:      RPID: Rich Presence Extensions to 
                    the Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, V. Gurbani,
                    P. Kyzivat, J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 74026
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-rpid-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4480.txt

The Presence Information Data Format (PIDF) defines a basic format
for representing presence information for a presentity.  This format
defines a textual note, an indication of availability (open or
closed) and a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for communication.
The Rich Presence Information Data format (RPID) described here is an
extension that adds optional elements to the Presence Information
Data Format (PIDF).  These extensions provide additional information
about the presentity and its contacts.  The information is designed
so that much of it can be derived automatically, e.g., from calendar
files or user activity.

This extension includes information about what the person is doing, a
grouping identifier for a tuple, when a service or device was last
used, the type of place a person is in, what media communications
might remain private, the relationship of a service tuple to another
presentity, the person's mood, the time zone it is located in, the
type of service it offers, an icon reflecting the presentity's
status, and the overall role of the presentity.

These extensions include presence information for persons, services
(tuples), and devices.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce