Subject: RFC 4655 on A Path Computation Element (PCE)-Based Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:11:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4655

        Title:      A Path Computation Element (PCE)-Based 
                    Architecture 
        Author:     A. Farrel, J.-P. Vasseur,
                    J. Ash
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 97561
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-architecture-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4655.txt

Constraint-based path computation is a fundamental building block for
traffic engineering systems such as Multiprotocol Label Switching
(MPLS) and Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
networks.  Path computation in large, multi-domain, multi-region, or
multi-layer networks is complex and may require special
computational components and cooperation between the different
network domains.

This document specifies the architecture for a Path Computation
Element (PCE)-based model to address this problem space.  This
document does not attempt to provide a detailed description of all
the architectural components, but rather it describes a set of
building blocks for the PCE architecture from which solutions may be
constructed.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce