Subject: RFC 4634 on US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA and HMAC-SHA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:09:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4634

        Title:      US Secure Hash Algorithms (SHA 
                    and HMAC-SHA) 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, T. Hansen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      108
        Characters: 197147
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-eastlake-sha2-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4634.txt

The United States of America has adopted a suite of Secure Hash
Algorithms (SHAs), including four beyond SHA-1, as part of a Federal
Information Processing Standard (FIPS), specifically SHA-224 (RFC
3874), SHA-256, SHA-384, and SHA-512.  The purpose of this document is
to make source code performing these hash functions conveniently
available to the Internet community.  The sample code supports input
strings of arbitrary bit length.  SHA-1's sample code from RFC 3174
has also been updated to handle input strings of arbitrary bit
length.  Most of the text herein was adapted by the authors from FIPS 180-2.

Code to perform SHA-based HMACs, with arbitrary bit length text, is also included.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce