Subject: RFC 4635 on HMAC SHA (Hashed Message Authentication Code, Secure Hash Algorithm) TSIG Algorithm Identifiers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:51:17 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4635

        Title:      HMAC SHA (Hashed Message Authentication 
                    Code, Secure Hash Algorithm) TSIG Algorithm 
                    Identifiers 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16533
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-sha-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4635.txt

Use of the Domain Name System TSIG resource record requires
specification of a cryptographic message authentication code.
Currently, identifiers have been specified only for HMAC MD5 (Hashed
Message Authentication Code, Message Digest 5) and GSS (Generic
Security Service) TSIG algorithms.  This document standardizes
identifiers and implementation requirements for additional HMAC SHA
(Secure Hash Algorithm) TSIG algorithms and standardizes how to
specify and handle the truncation of HMAC values in TSIG.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce