Subject: RFC 4633 on Experiment in Long-Term Suspensions From Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Mailing Lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 11:12:47 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4633

        Title:      Experiment in Long-Term Suspensions From 
                    Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Mailing 
                    Lists 
        Author:     S. Hartman
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14979
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4633.txt

Discussion in the community has begun to question whether RFC 3683
and RFC 3934 provide the appropriate flexibility for managing Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF) mailing lists.  This document is an RFC
3933 experiment designed to allow the community to experiment with a
broader set of tools for mailing list management while trying to
determine what the long-term guidelines should be.  This memo defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce