Subject: RFC Editor RFP Announcement

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:12:56 -0400

The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA), on behalf of the IETF and the
IAB, announces this Request for Proposal for an RFC Editor. 

The Internet Society (ISOC) is the contractor.

The RFC Editor performs the following functions in support of the "Request for
Comment" (RFC) document series:
  1. Editorial management and publication of RFCs from the IETF community; 
  2. Editorial management and publication of RFCs from Independent Submissions;
  3. Maintenance of archives, indices, errata and lists associated with RFCs;
  4. Communication of relevant RFC and processing information online; and
  5. Liaison with and training of IETF community.

The RFP in DOC and PDF format can be found at: www.ietf.org at the IASA link.

The initial contract term will be for two years, commencing on January 1, 2007,
with an option on the part of the parties for a renewal term of one year upon
the same terms and conditions. The contract or contracts will be for a fixed
price, except for certain services as noted therein.

IASA is willing to entertain bids for the entire RFC Editor set of services, as
well as bids for discrete subsets of those services. 

The closing date for submission of proposals is Friday, September 1, 2006 not
later than 5:00 P.M. EDT.  It ie expected that a contract or contracts will be
completed by September 29, 2006.

The sole point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative
Director (IAD), Ray Pelletier. All questions or inquiries must be submitted in
writing and must be received no later than August 14, 2006.  Questions or
inquiries will be accepted by email at [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce