Subject: RFC 4607 on Source-Specific Multicast for IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:52:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4607

        Title:      Source-Specific Multicast for IP 
        Author:     H. Holbrook, B. Cain
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42990
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ssm-arch-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4607.txt

IP version 4 (IPv4) addresses in the 232/8 (232.0.0.0 to
232.255.255.255) range are designated as source-specific multicast
(SSM) destination addresses and are reserved for use by
source-specific applications and protocols.  For IP version 6 (IPv6),
the address prefix FF3x::/32 is reserved for source-specific multicast
use.  This document defines an extension to the Internet network
service that applies to datagrams sent to SSM addresses and defines
the host and router requirements to support this extension.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Source-Specific Multicast
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce