Subject: RFC 4605 on Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) / Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD)-Based Multicast Forwarding ("IGMP/MLD Proxying")

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:51:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4605

        Title:      Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) 
                    / Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD)-Based Multicast 
                    Forwarding ("IGMP/MLD Proxying") 
        Author:     B. Fenner, H. He,
                    B. Haberman, H. Sandick
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 25558
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-magma-igmp-proxy-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4605.txt

In certain topologies, it is not necessary to run a multicast routing
protocol.  It is sufficient for a device to learn and proxy group
membership information and simply forward multicast packets based
upon that information.  This document describes a mechanism for
forwarding based solely upon Internet Group Management Protocol
(IGMP) or Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) membership information.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce