Subject: Document Action: 'ISDN subaddress encoding type for tel URI' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:07:04 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ISDN subaddress encoding type for tel URI '
   <draft-munakata-iptel-isub-type-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-munakata-iptel-isub-type-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
The tel URI defines a parameter called the isub to cary an sub address. An
example of a sub address would be an extension number of a phone on a PBX
that only had one "main" number. However, there are several types of isub
addresses that are formatted differently. For certain inter-working
scenarios, it is important to know what type of address in in the isub
parameter. This document defines an isub-type parameter for the tel URI
that is used to carry the type and specifies tokens for three common
types. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document is not the product of a working group. The IPTEL WG
 is aware of it and decided not to take on this work. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This specification was reviewed by John Elwell, James Rafferty, 
 Martin Dolly, and Steve Norreys. Gen-ART review was done 
 by Harald Alvestrand.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce