Subject: RFC 4630 on Update to DirectoryString Processing in the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) Profile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:03:38 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4630

        Title:      Update to DirectoryString Processing in 
                    the Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Certificate and Certificate Revocation List (CRL) 
                    Profile 
        Author:     R. Housley, S. Santesson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12539
        Updates:    RFC3280
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-cert-utf8-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4630.txt

This document updates the handling of DirectoryString in the Internet
X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Certificate
Revocation List (CRL) Profile, which is published in RFC 3280.  The
use of UTF8String and PrintableString are the preferred encoding.
The requirement for exclusive use of UTF8String after December 31,
2003 is removed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce