Subject: Protocol Action: 'Common Policy: A Document Format for Expressing Privacy Preferences' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:53:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Common Policy: A Document Format for Expressing Privacy Preferences '
   <draft-ietf-geopriv-common-policy-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Cullen Jennings and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-common-policy-11.txt

Technical Summary

   This document define a framework for authorization policies
   controlling access to application specific data, and a specific
   usage of this framework for controlling access to location
   information.

   The framework is specified using XML Schema in which common
   policy rules are expressed.

Work Group Summary

   This document represent the consensus of the GEOPRIV working
   group, in close collaboration with the SIMPLE working group and
   the 3GPP, 3GPP2, and OMA standards organizations.

Protocol Quality

    The MIME registration for application/auth-policy+xml was
    reviewed by the ietf-types list on April 7, 2006, and
    a few issues were raised and resolved. Scott Brim provided the
    GEN-ART review.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce