Subject: Last Call: 'Network based IP VPN Architecture Using Virtual Routers' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:08:23 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG to consider the following documents:

- 'Network based IP VPN Architecture Using Virtual Routers '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Using BGP as an Auto-Discovery Mechanism for VR-based Layer-3 VPNs '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'Applicability Statement for Virtual Router-based Layer 3 PPVPN 
   Approaches '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-as-vr-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

Active participation in the L3VPN WG on Virtual Routers has not existed
for some time. There is little evidence of energy to significantly modify
these documents further. The documents are, however, mature enough and of
sufficient quality that there is general consensus to publish what has
been accomplished as Informational. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-09-14.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-vpn-vr-03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgpvpn-auto-07.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-as-vr-02.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce