Subject: RFC 4615 on The Advanced Encryption Standard-Cipher-based Message Authentication Code-Pseudo-Random Function-128 (AES-CMAC-PRF-128) Algorithm for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:51:08 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4615

        Title:      The Advanced Encryption Standard-Cipher-based Message 
                    Authentication Code-Pseudo-Random Function-128
                    (AES-CMAC-PRF-128) Algorithm for 
                    the Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) 
        Author:     J. Song, R. Poovendran,
                    J. Lee, T. Iwata
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],[email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13312
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-songlee-aes-cmac-prf-128-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4615.txt

Some implementations of IP Security (IPsec) may want to use a
pseudo-random function (PRF) based on the Advanced Encryption Standard
(AES).  This memo describes such an algorithm, called
AES-CMAC-PRF-128.  It supports fixed and variable key sizes.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce