Subject: RFC Editor RFP Deadline; Amendments & Inquiries

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:45:55 -0400

All;
This is a reminder that proposals in response to the RFC Editor RFP are
due by 5:00 PM EDT on 1 September 2006.

The RFP can be found at http://koi.uoregon.edu/~iaoc/

Amendments to the RFP and responses to inquiries are below.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

-----------------
1.  Amendment
Section 1.B mailing address:
 
Internet Society
Attn: IETF Administrative Director
1775 Wiehle Ave, Suite 102
Reston, VA, USA 2019-5108

amended zip code:  20190-5108

----------------------
2.  The first item in the proposal format on page 14 is "Transmittal
letter with signature of authorized representative". However, that isn't
described anywhere. Do you have a preferred format for the letter, or a
description of what the letter needs to say? 

No preferred format or description.
Probably not more than 3 - 4 paragraphs on 1 page.

1.  Attached is our response to
2.  Our company ...
3.  Please advise if we can answer any questions
4.  /s/ fred smith, ceo, xyz corp 
----------------------
3.  As we are preparing our budget, we were wondering if it is known
whether ISOC will pay semi-annually or quarterly, and whether they pay at
the beginning or the end of the period. Any help in this regard would be
greatly appreciated. 

ISOC has been paying invoices for work performed on a quarterly basis,
but this is a negotiable item.
------------------------------------------------
4.  Could you please tell us what is meant by "Annual Report of Business"?

An Annual Report of Businesss typically reports to shareholders on the
financial and productivity health of the business.  

A typical business Annual Report would include some or all of the
following elements depending upon the nature of the business:

Financial
-- Consolidated Financial Statements:  Income, Cash Flows, Balance Sheet,
Notes
-- Management Report, Discussion and Analysis
-- Report of Independent Accounting Firm
-- Shareholder Information
Business
-- Performance
-- Projections
-- Short and Long Term Goals
-------------------

5.  Appendix I has the following text (p. 20 of the RFP):

   In the IETF standards stream, specific rules on the suitability and
   availability of references apply, documented in various IETF process
   documents, as interpreted by the IESG.

Does this refer to BCP 97, RFC 3967?  Is this now intended to be enforced
by the RFC Editor, as the IESG has done this in the past.

It refers to what is said about this in RFC 2026 and 3967 and to any
specific instructions from the IESG about their interpretation.  
-------------------
End.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce