Subject: RFC 4620 on IPv6 Node Information Queries

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:45:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4620

        Title:      IPv6 Node Information Queries 
        Author:     M. Crawford, B. Haberman, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 31134
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4620.txt

This document describes a protocol for asking an IPv6 node to supply
certain network information, such as its hostname or fully-qualified
domain name.  IPv6 implementation experience has shown that direct
queries for a hostname are useful, and a direct query mechanism for
other information has been found useful in serverless environments
and for debugging.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

e addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce