Subject: Last Call: 'The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows' to Informational RFC (draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:13:15 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the 
following document:

- 'The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows '
   <draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This draft describes the rc4 encryption types implemented originally
in Windows 2000.  These encryption types have been implemented in a
wide variety of Kerberos implementations from Microsoft and other
vendors.  The IETF Kerberos community strongly supported the
publication of this document as an informational document in order to
document these encryption types.  The reliance on md4 and the concern
about RC4 distinguishers makes these encryption types unsuitable for a
standards track protocol.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-09-08.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac-03.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce