Subject: Last Call: 'An Architecture for Provider Provisioned CE-based Virtual Private Networks using IPsec' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-l3vpn-ce-based)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:58:00 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
WG to consider the following documents:

- 'Applicability Statement for Provider Provisioned CE-based Virtual 
   Private Networks using IPsec '
   <draft-declercq-l3vpn-ce-based-as-00.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'An Architecture for Provider Provisioned CE-based Virtual Private 
   Networks using IPsec '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ce-based-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

These documents were a product of first the PPVPN WG, and later the L3VPN
WG. They passed WG Last Call, but have not been actively discussed in the
WG for some time. There is little interest to work on CE-based VPN
problems within the WG today. The L3VPN WG is being rechartered to reflect
this, and these documents are being advanced as Informational for the
historical record.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-09-04.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-declercq-l3vpn-ce-based-as-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ce-based-03.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce