Subject: RFC 4621 on Design of the IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE) Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:45:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4621

        Title:      Design of the IKEv2 Mobility 
                    and Multihoming (MOBIKE) Protocol 
        Author:     T. Kivinen, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 73070
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mobike-design-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4621.txt

The IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE) protocol is an extension
of the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2).  These
extensions should enable an efficient management of IKE and IPsec
Security Associations when a host possesses multiple IP addresses
and/or where IP addresses of an IPsec host change over time (for
example, due to mobility).

This document discusses the involved network entities and the
relationship between IKEv2 signaling and information provided by
other protocols.  Design decisions for the MOBIKE protocol,
background information, and discussions within the working group are
recorded.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwiseFrom [email-masked] Wed Aug 09 20:49:57 2006
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:45:45 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4621 on Design of the IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE)
	Protocol

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4621

        Title:      Design of the IKEv2 Mobility 
                    and Multihoming (MOBIKE) Protocol 
        Author:     T. Kivinen, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 73070
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mobike-design-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4621.txt

The IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming (MOBIKE) protocol is an extension
of the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2).  These
extensions should enable an efficient management of IKE and IPsec
Security Associations when a host possesses multiple IP addresses
and/or where IP addresses of an IPsec host change over time (for
example, due to mobility).

This document discusses the involved network entities and the
relationship between IKEv2 signaling and information provided by
other protocols.  Design decisions for the MOBIKE protocol,
background information, and discussions within the working group are
recorded.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IKEv2 Mobility and Multihoming
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce