Subject: Protocol Action: 'NP Parameters for the "tel" URI' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:07:32 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'NP Parameters for the "tel" URI '
   <draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Telephony Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-11.txt

Technical Summary

The traditional telephone system  allows phone numbers to be moved from
one carrier to another. This is referred to as number portability. When a
phone number is looked up in a number portability database, various
information can be returned such as an identifier for the responsible
carrier or a new number that this call should by routed to. This
specification defines parameters for the the tel URI that allow the tel
URI to carry the carrier identification, a routed number, and an indicator
that indicates that the number portability lookup has already been done.

Working Group Summary

The working group has consensus on this document and reviewed it for a
long time. No significant concerns were raised.

Protocol Quality

The specification was reviewed for NITs by Alexander Car and Vijay
Gurbani.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce