Subject: Document Action: 'ENUM Validation Architecture' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:46:03 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ENUM Validation Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
An ENUM domain name is tightly coupled with the underlying E.164 number.
The process of verifying whether or not the Registrant of an ENUM domain
name is identical to the Assignee of the corresponding E.164 number is
commonly called "validation". This document describes validation
requirements and a high level architecture for an ENUM validation
infrastructure.

Working Group Summary
 
This working group supports the direction of defining an ENUM validation
process; this document is foundational to several others that are
forthcoming.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. GEN-ART review
was provided by David Black.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce