Subject: RFC 4667 on Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN) Extensions for Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:25:37 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4667

        Title:      Layer 2 Virtual Private Network 
                    (L2VPN) Extensions for Layer 2 Tunneling 
                    Protocol (L2TP) 
        Author:     W. Luo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33166
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2vpn-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4667.txt

The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) provides a standard method for
setting up and managing L2TP sessions to tunnel a variety of L2
protocols.  One of the reference models supported by L2TP describes
the use of an L2TP session to connect two Layer 2 circuits attached to
a pair of peering L2TP Access Concentrators (LACs), which is a basic
form of Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN).  This document
defines the protocol extensions for L2TP to set up different types of
L2VPNs in a unified fashion.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce