Subject: Protocol Action: 'Transport of Ethernet Frames over L2TPv3' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:55:38 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Transport of Ethernet Frames over L2TPv3 '
   <draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-ethernet-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 
Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-ethernet-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes transport of Ethernet frames over Layer 2
  Tunneling Protocol (L2TPv3). This includes the transport of Ethernet
  port to port frames as well as the transport of Ethernet VLAN frames.
  The mechanism described in this document can be used in the creation
  of Pseudo Wires to transport Ethernet frames over an IP network.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The l2tpext WG has reviewed this document. All concerns raised
  during review and last call have been addressed.

Protocol Quality
 
  This is yet another application of L2TPv3 to transport
  new type of traffic. The protocol was reviewed for the 
  IESG by Jari Arkko.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce