Subject: Protocol Action: 'RFC 3978 Update to recognize the IETF Trust' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:40:51 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RFC 3978 Update to recognize the IETF Trust '
   <draft-ietf-ipr-ietf-trust-update-03.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact person is Brian Carpenter.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-ietf-trust-update-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document updates RFC 3978 "IETF Rights in Contributions" to
   recognize that the IETF Trust is now the proper custodian of all
   IETF-related intellectual property rights.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   There was rapid agreement in principle for this housekeeping
   update, given that full resolution of the open issues in
   RFC 3978 is taking longer than expected, and that the formation
   of the IETF Trust needs to be recognized. WG Last Call comments 
   were covered. IETF Last Call comments led to editorial corrections.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Reviewed by Brian Carpenter for the IESG. Implementation
   requires the community to be notified of minor changes
   to the RFC boilerplate.

Note to RFC Editor
 
   Please note that the copyright statement text for RFCs is
   modified by this document.

   Section 1, penultimate paragraph, please insert "to"
   before "ISOC".

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce