Subject: RFC 4640 on Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:48:40 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4640

        Title:      Problem Statement for bootstrapping Mobile 
                    IPv6 (MIPv6) 
        Author:     A. Patel, Ed.,
                    G. Giaretta, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 49926
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrap-ps-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4640.txt

A mobile node needs at least the following information: a home
address, a home agent address, and a security association with home
agent to register with the home agent.  The process of obtaining this
information is called bootstrapping.  This document discusses
issues involved with how the mobile node can be bootstrapped for
Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) and various potential
deployment scenarios for mobile node bootstrapping.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv6
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce