Subject: RFC 4666 on Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message Transfer Part 3 (MTP3) - User Adaptation Layer (M3UA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:43:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4666

        Title:      Signaling System 7 (SS7) Message 
                    Transfer Part 3 (MTP3) - User 
                    Adaptation Layer (M3UA) 
        Author:     K. Morneault, Ed.,
                    J. Pastor-Balbas, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      124
        Characters: 292991
        Obsoletes:  RFC3332
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc3332bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4666.txt

This memo defines a protocol for supporting the transport of any SS7
MTP3-User signalling (e.g., ISUP and SCCP messages) over IP using the
services of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol.  Also,
provision is made for protocol elements that enable a seamless
operation of the MTP3-User peers in the SS7 and IP domains.  This
protocol would be used between a Signalling Gateway (SG) and a Media
Gateway Controller (MGC) or IP-resident Database, or between two
IP-based applications.  It is assumed that the SG receives SS7
signalling over a standard SS7 interface using the SS7 Message
Transfer Part (MTP) to provide transport.  This document obsoletes
RFC 3332.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Signaling Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce