Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for an Enumservice Containing PSTN Signaling Information' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:49:36 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for an Enumservice Containing PSTN Signaling 
   Information '
   <draft-ietf-enum-pstn-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-pstn-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines an enumservice for PSTN routing information.
Specifically, it allows the administrator of an ENUM deployment to
distinguish records that contain PSTN-specific information (such as number
portability data) from records that have a broader utility. For the most
part, records that use this enumservice denote resources that must be
reached through the PSTN. As such, this enumservice is intended for usage
in environments where queries plausibly come from users that are able to
benefit from PSTN routing data.
 
Working Group Summary

The working group reviewed this document extensively in 2005 and 
document NIT review was performed by Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce