Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP payload format for the G.729.1 audio codec' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:58:23 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP payload format for the G.729.1 audio codec '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-g729-scal-wb-ext-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-g729-scal-wb-ext-07.txt

* Technical Summary

This document specifies a real-time transport protocol (RTP) payload
format to be used for the International Telecommunication Union
(ITU-T) G.729.1 audio codec. A media type registration is included
for the payload format.

* Working Group Summary

This is a straight-forward RTP payload format.

* Protocol Quality

The draft was not controversial, and followed standard RTP 
payload format design principles. Kang Tae-Gyu and Magnus Westerlund
provided working group last call comments, raising only minor issues. The
PROTO review was done by Colin Perkins. The draft had an ietf-types review
in May 2006, no issues were raised.

IESG Note

 To line up with ITU work, it is desirable to have an RFC number for this
by October 20th.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce