Subject: RFC 4690 on Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:27:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4690

        Title:      Review and Recommendations for Internationalized 
                    Domain Names (IDNs) 
        Author:     J. Klensin, P. Faltstrom,
                    C. Karp, IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 100929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4690.txt

This note describes issues raised by the deployment and use of
Internationalized Domain Names.  It describes problems both at the
time of registration and for use of those names in the DNS.  It
recommends that IETF should update the RFCs relating to IDNs and a
framework to be followed in doing so, as well as summarizing and
identifying some work that is required outside the IETF.  In
particular, it proposes that some changes be investigated for the
Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) standard and
its supporting tables, based on experience gained since those
standards were completed.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically From [email-masked] Sat Sep 30 17:38:38 2006
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:27:51 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4690 on Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain
	Names (IDNs)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4690

        Title:      Review and Recommendations for Internationalized 
                    Domain Names (IDNs) 
        Author:     J. Klensin, P. Faltstrom,
                    C. Karp, IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 100929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4690.txt

This note describes issues raised by the deployment and use of
Internationalized Domain Names.  It describes problems both at the
time of registration and for use of those names in the DNS.  It
recommends that IETF should update the RFCs relating to IDNs and a
framework to be followed in doing so, as well as summarizing and
identifying some work that is required outside the IETF.  In
particular, it proposes that some changes be investigated for the
Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) standard and
its supporting tables, based on experience gained since those
standards were completed.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically From [email-masked] Sat Sep 30 17:38:38 2006
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:27:51 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4690 on Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain
	Names (IDNs)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4690

        Title:      Review and Recommendations for Internationalized 
                    Domain Names (IDNs) 
        Author:     J. Klensin, P. Faltstrom,
                    C. Karp, IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 100929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4690.txt

This note describes issues raised by the deployment and use of
Internationalized Domain Names.  It describes problems both at the
time of registration and for use of those names in the DNS.  It
recommends that IETF should update the RFCs relating to IDNs and a
framework to be followed in doing so, as well as summarizing and
identifying some work that is required outside the IETF.  In
particular, it proposes that some changes be investigated for the
Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) standard and
its supporting tables, based on experience gained since those
standards were completed.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically From [email-masked] Sat Sep 30 17:38:38 2006
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:27:51 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4690 on Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain
	Names (IDNs)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4690

        Title:      Review and Recommendations for Internationalized 
                    Domain Names (IDNs) 
        Author:     J. Klensin, P. Faltstrom,
                    C. Karp, IAB
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 100929
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4690.txt

This note describes issues raised by the deployment and use of
Internationalized Domain Names.  It describes problems both at the
time of registration and for use of those names in the DNS.  It
recommends that IETF should update the RFCs relating to IDNs and a
framework to be followed in doing so, as well as summarizing and
identifying some work that is required outside the IETF.  In
particular, it proposes that some changes be investigated for the
Internationalizing Domain Names in Applications (IDNA) standard and
its supporting tables, based on experience gained since those
standards were completed.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce