Subject: First RFC 4633 procedure for six month suspensions

From: Brian Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:25:51 -0400

This procedure is an RFC 4633 procedure for mailing list suspensions
under the RFC 4633 experiment.  This procedure applies to all IETF
mailing lists that are covered by RFC 4633. The IESG approved this
procedure on 2006-08-31.

When area directors are involved in a situation where an IETF mailing
list is undergoing disruption, they first work with interested parties
to try and find a constructive solution to the underlying problem that
leads to the disruption. This often involves talking to the disruptive
parties to make sure their concerns are understood as well as to
inform them of expected rules of conduct.  When such constructive
solutions fail to work and when a 30-day suspension has been tried and
failed, the IESG may approve a posting-rights suspension of up to six
months for a named set of individuals from the affected mailing lists.
The IESG may delegate the authority to re-suspend some or all of the
named individuals to the mailing list manager or area director should
these delegates determine that disruption has resumed after the
suspension expires.  In no event shall a suspension last for more than
six months nor shall any suspension last beyond the end of the RFC
4633 experiment.

Whenever a suspension or re-suspension is made under this procedure, a
notice must be sent to the affected mailing lists announcing who has
been suspended.

Any IESG member may ask to have a delegate's decision to re-suspend an
individual reviewed by the whole IESG.  This review should be much
less formal than an appeal; it should be treated as the same sort of
review that the IESG would perform if it had received a request to
re-suspend an individual in a case where this authority was not
re-delegated.  The suspension remains in force during such a review.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce