Subject: BCP0047 RFC 4646 on Tags for Identifying Languages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:44:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP0047        
        RFC 4646

        Title:      Tags for Identifying Languages 
        Author:     A. Phillips, M. Davis
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      59
        Characters: 135810

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4646.txt

This document describes the structure, content, construction, and
semantics of language tags for use in cases where it is desirable to
indicate the language used in an information object.  It also
describes how to register values for use in language tags and the
creation of user-defined extensions for private interchange.  This
document, in combination with RFC 4647, replaces RFC 3066, which
replaced RFC 1766.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Language Tag Registry Update
Working Group of the IETF

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce