Subject: RFC 4678 on Server/Application State Protocol v1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 14:25:46 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4678

        Title:      Server/Application State Protocol v1 
        Author:     A. Bivens
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 102713
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bivens-sasp-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4678.txt

Entities responsible for distributing work across a group of systems
traditionally do not know a great deal about the ability of the
applications on those systems to complete the work in a satisfactory
fashion.  Workload management systems traditionally know a great deal
about the health of applications, but have little control over the
rate in which these applications receive work.  The Server/Application
State Protocol (SASP) provides a mechanism for load balancers and 
workload management systems to communicate better ways of distributing the
existing workload to the group members.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce