Subject: RFC 4692 on Considerations on the IPv6 Host Density Metric

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 09:53:29 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4692

        Title:      Considerations on the IPv6 Host 
                    Density Metric 
        Author:     G. Huston
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 41357
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-huston-hd-metric-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4692.txt

This memo provides an analysis of the Host Density metric as it is
currently used to guide registry allocations of IPv6 unicast address
blocks.  This document contrasts the address efficiency as currently
adopted in the allocation of IPv4 network addresses and that used by
the IPv6 protocol.  Note that for large allocations there are
very significant variations in the target efficiency metric between
the two approaches.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce