Subject: IETF 68 & 69 Locations (a)

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:02:41 -0400

I am pleased to announce the hotel meeting sites for IETF 68 in Prague and
IETF 69 in Chicago, as well as a major contract with an international
hotel chain.

IETF 68 is being held 18 - 23 March 2007 at the Hilton Prague.  This is a
"one roof" venue, that is, the meeting is at the hotel with a room block
of 500 rooms. 

IETF 69 is being held at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago from July 22
- 27. This is also a "one roof" meeting with ample meeting space and a
room block of 1000 rooms.

More information and links for reservation purposes can be located at:
http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/meetings.html

The foregoing probably tipped you off that the contract is between the
Hilton Hotels Corporation and the Internet Society, on behalf of the IETF.

This 5 year, multi-event contract provides many benefits to the IETF
including favorable guest rates for the market, complimentary Internet,
reduced event costs, reduced contracting risk, expedited contracting and
more.  

Moreover, the contract does not prevent the IETF from booking meetings
with other hotel chains.

I want to thank the NeuStar Secretariat team for their initiative in
pursuing this agreement, as well as their skill in negotiating it.  It is
a first of its kind with the Hilton chain worldwide, and represents a
giant step forward in the IETF's commitment to planning meetings 18 to 24
months in advance and undertaking measures that will reduce costs, while
providing additional value for the meetings and the participants.

As a result of this contract we are already considering venues in 2008
and beyond; and I expect we will be executing contracts for them very
quickly over the next six months.  

If your company has ever considered being a Host and has a particular
location in mind, now is the time to contact us.   The meeting calendar
through 2010 with provisional regional locations can be found here: 
http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt  

A Host brings a certain gravitational pull to a particular location and
we are interested in working with you to locate an available, qualified
venue and make that happen.  By the way, if you'd like to Host and don't
have a location in mind -- we have some for you and we want to hear from
you too.

My thanks also to the Internet Society, our organizational home.  We
can't do this without their assistance and support- thanks.

Ray Pelletier
IAD
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce