Subject: Protocol Action: 'Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:48:20 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV) '
   <draft-dusseault-caldav-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-15.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document specifies a set of methods, headers, message bodies,
   properties, and reports that define calendar access extensions to the
   WebDAV protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make
   WebDAV-based calendaring and scheduling an interoperable standard
   that supports calendar access, calendar management, calendar sharing,
   and calendar publishing.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is the product of individual submitters.  Pointers to the
document and requests to review were sent to both the IETF Calsify and
WEBDAV mailing lists.  During Last Call, an issue was raised on the
correct treatment of ETags; the authors discussed the issue, but made no
changes to section 5.3.4, in which requirements beyond those in RFC 2616
are laid out.  While it would be better if a more general resolution to
the handling of PUT and strong ETags were available, the point solution
proposed here does appear to meet the criteria for Proposed Standard. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce