Subject: RFC 4689 on Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic Control Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:38:12 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4689

        Title:      Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic 
                    Control Mechanisms 
        Author:     S. Poretsky, J. Perser,
                    S. Erramilli, S. Khurana
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 62369
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4689.txt

This document describes terminology for the benchmarking of
devices that implement traffic control using packet classification
based on defined criteria.  The terminology is to be applied to
measurements made on the data plane to evaluate IP traffic control
mechanisms.  Rules for packet classification can be based on any
field in the IP header, such as the Differentiated Services Code Point
(DSCP), or any field in the packet payload, such as port number.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for RequestsFrom [email-masked] Tue Oct 31 18:38:46 2006
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:38:12 -0800
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4689 on Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic
	Control Mechanisms

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4689

        Title:      Terminology for Benchmarking Network-layer Traffic 
                    Control Mechanisms 
        Author:     S. Poretsky, J. Perser,
                    S. Erramilli, S. Khurana
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      34
        Characters: 62369
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bmwg-dsmterm-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4689.txt

This document describes terminology for the benchmarking of
devices that implement traffic control using packet classification
based on defined criteria.  The terminology is to be applied to
measurements made on the data plane to evaluate IP traffic control
mechanisms.  Rules for packet classification can be based on any
field in the IP header, such as the Differentiated Services Code Point
(DSCP), or any field in the packet payload, such as port number.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Benchmarking Methodology
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce