Subject: RFC 4636 on Foreign Agent Error Extension for Mobile IPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:24:20 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4636

        Title:      Foreign Agent Error Extension for 
                    Mobile IPv4 
        Author:     C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11663
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4636.txt

This document specifies a new extension for use by Foreign Agents
operating Mobile IP for IPv4.  Currently, a foreign agent cannot
supply status information without destroying the ability for a mobile
node to verify authentication data supplied by the home agent.  The
new extension solves this problem by making a better place for the
foreign agent to provide its status information to the mobile node.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IPv4
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or toC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce