Subject: RFC 4709 on Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:11:13 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4709

        Title:      Mounting Web Distributed Authoring and 
                    Versioning (WebDAV) Servers 
        Author:     J. Reschke
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 23672
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-reschke-webdav-mount-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4709.txt

In current Web browsers, there is no uniform way to specify that a
user clicking on a link will be presented with an editable view of a
Web Distinguished Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) server.  For
example, it is frequently desirable to be able to click on a link and
have this link open a window that can handle drag-and-drop
interaction with the resources of a WebDAV server.

This document specifies a mechanism and a document format that
enables WebDAV servers to send "mounting" information to a WebDAV
client.  The mechanism is designed to work on any platform and with
any combination of browser and WebDAV client, relying solely on the
well-understood dispatch of documents through their MIME type.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce