Subject: Last Call: 'Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions' to BCP (draft-carpenter-rescind-3683)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:29:37 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions '
   <draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-03.txt> as a BCP
   This document abolishes the existing form of indefinite Posting
   Rights Action and restores the previous option of finite posting
   rights suspensions authorized by an Area Director.  It obsoletes RFC
   3683 and updates RFC 2418 and RFC 3934.

   Publication of this document will classify RFC 3683 as historic.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-11-17.

During IESG evaluation, an AD raised the concern that the
consensus shown during the last call of this document might not be
strong enough to justify approval. In order to determine the strength
of the consensus, the IESG asks the community to focus on the following
questions in last call responses:

1) Do you support the proposal in section 2 of the draft to restore
the AD and IESG's ability to suspend posting rights for longer than
30 days and to approve alternative methods of mailing list control
as originally documented in RFC 2418?

2) Do you support the proposal in section 3 to rescind RFC 3683?

3) Do you have any concerns about approving one part of the draft
without approving the other?

4) Do you have any other comments on the document?

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-rescind-3683-03.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce