Subject: RFC 4648 on The Base16, Base32, and Base64 Data Encodings

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:02:29 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4648

        Title:      The Base16, Base32, and Base64 
                    Data Encodings 
        Author:     S. Josefsson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 35491
        Obsoletes:  RFC3548
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-josefsson-rfc3548bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4648.txt

This document describes the commonly used base 64, base 32, and base
16 encoding schemes.  It also discusses the use of line-feeds in
encoded data, use of padding in encoded data, use of non-alphabet
characters in encoded data, use of different encoding alphabets, and
canonical encodings.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce