Subject: RFC 4593 on Generic Threats to Routing Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 19:19:18 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4593

        Title:      Generic Threats to Routing Protocols 
        Author:     A. Barbir, S. Murphy,
                    Y. Yang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 48292
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rpsec-routing-threats-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4593.txt

Routing protocols are subject to attacks that can harm individual
users or network operations as a whole.  This document provides a
description and a summary of generic threats that affect routing
protocols in general.  This work describes threats, including threat
sources and capabilities, threat actions, and threat consequences, as
well as a breakdown of routing functions that might be
attacked separately.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Routing Protocol Security Requirements
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: rfc-info@RFto [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce