Subject: RFC 4652 on Evaluation of Existing Routing Protocols against Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON) Routing Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:38:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4652

        Title:      Evaluation of Existing Routing Protocols 
                    against Automatic Switched Optical Network (ASON) 
                    Routing Requirements 
        Author:     D. Papadimitriou, Ed.,
                    L.Ong, J. Sadler,
                    S. Shew, D. Ward
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 47179
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-routing-eval-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4652.txt

The Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) suite of protocols has been defined to
control different switching technologies as well as different
applications.  These include support for requesting TDM connections
including Synchronous Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
(SONET/SDH) and Optical Transport Networks (OTNs).

This document provides an evaluation of the IETF Routing Protocols
against the routing requirements for an Automatically Switched
Optical Network (ASON) as defined by ITU-T.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce