Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Extended Incident Handling (inch)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:50:02 -0400

The Extended Incident Handling (inch) in the Security Area has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman. 

The mailing list will remain active.

The Inch working group was chartered to facilitate exchange of
incident handling information. It failed to meet its milestones and
is being closed.

In May of 2006 the chair and area director discussed concerns about
overdue milestones and agreed to a new, final set of milestones. Both
parties left that discussion with a new set of milestones and an
understanding that the working group was expected to meet these
milestones or face significant consequences. By September, all
milestones were missed. On September 24, the area director issued a
two-week call for volunteers to act as co-chairs to help the working
group produce timely output. No volunteers stepped forward. Based on
this and other signs of low participation, the area director concluded
that it is unlikely the working group can be successfully reorganized
to produce timely output.

Documents already submitted to the IESG will be evaluated for
publication.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce