Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS1, J1, E1, DS2 and E2 Interface Types' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:17:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS1, J1, E1, DS2 and E2 
   Interface Types '
   <draft-orly-atommib-rfc3895bis-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-orly-atommib-rfc3895bis-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
   The document defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)

   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes objects used for managing DS1, J1, E1,
   DS2 and E2 interfaces.  This document is a companion to the documents
   that define Managed Objects for the DS0, DS3/E3 and Synchronous
   Optical Network/Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SONET/SDH) Interface
   Types.

   This document obsoletes RFC 3895.

Working Group Summary
 
   As the atommib WG is shut down, the author asked for the document to 
   be processed as a AD-sponsored individual submission. This request was
   granted as the document is a rather simple and straight-forward update
   of RFC 3895.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   In order to ensure the protocol quality two expert reviews were
   performed by C.M. Heard and Hing-Kam Lan. The IETF Last Call period was

   extended to four weeks, and the document was also reviewed on the MIB

   Doctors list. Dan Romascanu provided AD quality control supervision. 

Note to RFC Editor
 
1. Insert note in the header that the document obsoletes RFC 3895 (when
approved)

2. On Page 75, 

OLD: 

Table 4A 

NEW: 

Table 5A

3. On Page 81

OLD: 

Table 4A

NEW: 

Table 5A

4. On Page 87

OLD: 

Table 4A

NEW: 

Table 5A

5. On Page 103

OLD: 

CCITT Specifications Volume IV, Recommendation O.162

NEW: 

ITU-T O.162

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce