Subject: Protocol Action: 'Procedures for protocol extensions and variations' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:45:38 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Procedures for protocol extensions and variations '
   <draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document discusses procedural issues related to the
  extensibility of IETF protocols, including when it is reasonable to
  extend IETF protocols with little or no review, and when extensions
  or variations need to be reviewed by the larger IETF community.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  No dissent reported. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The author is of course chair of the IESG, and Ross Callon has also 
  reviewed this for the IESG. However, due to the fact that this 
  discusses procedural issues that could affect a wide variety of IETF
  documents, I think that the all IESG members should review this 
  carefully and individually.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce