Subject: RFC 4680 on TLS Handshake Message for Supplemental Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:24:30 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4680

        Title:      TLS Handshake Message for Supplemental 
                    Data 
        Author:     S. Santesson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15602
        Updates:    RFC4346
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-santesson-tls-supp-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4680.txt

This specification defines a TLS handshake message for exchange of
supplemental application data.  TLS hello message extensions are used
to determine which supplemental data types are supported by both the
TLS client and the TLS server.  Then, the supplemental data handshake
message is used to exchange the data.  Other documents will define
the syntax of these extensions and the syntax of the associated
supplemental data types.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce