Subject: Protocol Action: 'Secure Shell Public-Key Subsystem' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:11:31 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Secure Shell Public-Key Subsystem '
   <draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Shell Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sam Hartman and Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Secure Shell defines an authentication mechanism that is based on
   public keys, but does not define any mechanism for key distribution.
   No common key management solution exists in current implementations.
   This document describes a protocol that can be used to configure
   public keys in an implementation-independent fashion, allowing client
   software to take on the burden of this configuration.

Working Group Summary
 
   The secsh working group had consensus to publish this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Sam Hartman.

IANA Note

  The IANA considerations section has been updated since IESG approval in
order to better describe the titles of the registries created.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce