Subject: Document Action: 'ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Broadband Access Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:19:32 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Broadband Access Networks '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This document provides detailed description of IPv6 deployment and
 integration methods and scenarios in today's Service Provider (SP)
 Broadband (BB) networks in coexistence with deployed IPv4 services.
 Cable/HFC, BB Ethernet, xDSL and WLAN are the main BB technologies
 that are currently deployed, and discussed in this document.  The
 emerging Broadband Power Line Communications (PLC/BPL) access
 technology is also discussed for completeness.  In this document we
 will discuss main components of IPv6 BB networks and their
 differences from IPv4 BB networks and how IPv6 is deployed and
 integrated in each of these BB technologies using tunneling
 mechanisms and native IPv6.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is a product of the v6ops working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
 In section 6.5:

 DELETE:
 
  Authentication and authorization should be used wherever possible.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce