Subject: RFC 4713 on Registration and Administration Recommendations for Chinese Domain Names

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:18:00 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4713

        Title:      Registration and Administration Recommendations for 
                    Chinese Domain Names 
        Author:     X. Lee, W. Mao,
                    E. Chen, N. Hsu,
                    J. Klensin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4713.txt

Many Chinese characters in common use have variants, which makes most
of the Chinese Domain Names (CDNs) have at least two different forms.
The equivalence between Simplified Chinese (SC) and Traditional
Chinese (TC) characters is very important for CDN registration.  This
memo builds on the basic concepts, general guidelines, and framework
of RFC 3743 to specify proposed registration and administration
procedures for Chinese domain names.  The document provides the
information needed for understanding and using the tables defined in the IANA table registrations for Simplified and Traditional Chinese.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC i question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifFrom [email-masked] Thu Oct 12 21:38:11 2006
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:18:00 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4713 on Registration and Administration Recommendations for
	Chinese Domain Names

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4713

        Title:      Registration and Administration Recommendations for 
                    Chinese Domain Names 
        Author:     X. Lee, W. Mao,
                    E. Chen, N. Hsu,
                    J. Klensin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-xdlee-idn-cdnadmin-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4713.txt

Many Chinese characters in common use have variants, which makes most
of the Chinese Domain Names (CDNs) have at least two different forms.
The equivalence between Simplified Chinese (SC) and Traditional
Chinese (TC) characters is very important for CDN registration.  This
memo builds on the basic concepts, general guidelines, and framework
of RFC 3743 to specify proposed registration and administration
procedures for Chinese domain names.  The document provides the
information needed for understanding and using the tables defined in the IANA table registrations for Simplified and Traditional Chinese.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC i question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce