Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: ADSL MIB (adslmib)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 10:50:01 -0400

The charter of the ADSL MIB (adslmib) working group in the Operations 
and Management Area of the IETF has been updated. For additional 
information, please contact the Area Directors or the working group 
Chairs.

+++

ADSL MIB (adslmib)
===================

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Michael Sneed <[email-masked]> 
Menachem Dodge <[email-masked]> 

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]> 
David Kessens <[email-masked]> 

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]> 

Technical Advisor(s):
Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/adslmib
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/adslmib/index.html

Description of Working Group:

The working group will define:
1.  A set of managed objects to be used for management of newer versions
of Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) as defined in ITU-T Recommendation
G.997.1 (02/2006).

2. A set of managed objects to handle the bonding of xDSL lines 
according to the ITU-T Recommendations G.998.1 (ATM), G.998.2 (Ethernet) 
and G.998.3 (TDIM). A common MIB module will be developed to handle the 
common objects and three specific MIB modules will be developed to 
handle the three separate layer-2 technologies. Use will be made of the 
ifStack and ifInvStack Tables defined in RFC 2863 and RFC 2864 
respectively. Use will also be made of the ifAvailableStack and 
ifInvAvailableStack tables as defined by the Hubmib WG.

The MIB modules defined by this group will be generated using SMIv2, 
will be consistent with the SNMP management framework, and will describe 
the relationship of the objects defined to existing MIBs such as those 
described in other work products of this Working Group, the interfaces 
MIB, the Ethernet MIB modules and the AToM MIB.

The working group will consider the input of the DSL forum and the ITU
in the definition of these MIBs.

Goals and Milestones
  
Nov 2006    Initial draft of all four xDsl bonding MIB modules (1 Common 
and 3 specific MIB drafts).
Dec 2006    Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum that work has begun on the 
xDSL Bonding MIBs.
Dec 2006    Complete WG last call on the VDSL2 MIB Internet-Draft.
Jan 2007    Submit VDSL2 MIB Internet-Draft to IESG for consideration as
Proposed Standard.
Jan 2007    Updated draft for all four xDsl bonding MIB modules.
Feb 2007    Inform the ITU-T and DSL Forum of the progress on the xDSL 
Bonding MIB modules work.
Mar 2007    Complete WG last call on the four xDsl bonding MIB
Internet-Drafts.
Apr 2007    Submit the four xDsl bonding MIB Internet-Drafts to IESG for
consideration as a Proposed Standards.
May 2007    Recharter or close down WG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce