Subject: Protocol Action: 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the Exchange' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:32:42 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Specification of the IPFIX Protocol for the Exchange '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-protocol-24.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document specifies the IPFIX protocol that serves for 
transmitting IP traffic flow information over the network.  In order 
to transmit IP traffic flow information from an exporting process to 
an information collecting process, a common representation of flow 
data and a standard means of communicating them is required. This 
document describes how the IPFIX data and templates records are 
carried over a congestion-aware transport protocol from an IPFIX 
exporting process to an IPFIX collecting process. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is a regular WG document.  There is strong consensus
in the working group that this protocol is well-designed, and suitable
for its intended purpose.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The document was thoroughly reviewed by the IPFIX WG.  Bert Wijnen
performed the AD review. Furthermore,
the IPFIX WG has run two interoperability events, with five
independent implementations tested and working, demonstrating that the
IPFIX documents are of a high technical standard.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce