Subject: RFC 4731 on IMAP4 Extension to SEARCH Command for Controlling What Kind of Information Is Returned

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:22:40 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4731

        Title:      IMAP4 Extension to SEARCH Command 
                    for Controlling What Kind of Information 
                    Is Returned 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, D. Cridland
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 15431
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-melnikov-imap-search-ret-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4731.txt

This document extends IMAP (RFC 3501) SEARCH and UID SEARCH
commands with several result options, which can control what kind
of information is returned.  The following result options are
defined: minimal value, maximal value, all found messages, and
number of found messages.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce