Subject: RFC 4727 on Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4, ICMPv6, UDP, and TCP Headers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:58:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4727

        Title:      Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, 
                    ICMPv4, ICMPv6, UDP, and TCP Headers 
        Author:     B. Fenner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 19745
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-fenner-iana-exp-2780-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4727.txt

When experimenting with or extending protocols, it is often necessary
to use some sort of protocol number or constant in order to actually
test or experiment with the new function, even when testing in a
closed environment.  This document reserves some ranges of numbers
for experimentation purposes in specific protocols where the need to
support experimentation has been identified, and it describes the
numbers that have already been reserved by other documents.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
RFC-EDIFrom [email-masked] Thu Nov 30 20:10:34 2006
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:58:42 -0800
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4727 on Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, ICMPv4, ICMPv6, UDP,
	and TCP Headers

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4727

        Title:      Experimental Values In IPv4, IPv6, 
                    ICMPv4, ICMPv6, UDP, and TCP Headers 
        Author:     B. Fenner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 19745
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-fenner-iana-exp-2780-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4727.txt

When experimenting with or extending protocols, it is often necessary
to use some sort of protocol number or constant in order to actually
test or experiment with the new function, even when testing in a
closed environment.  This document reserves some ranges of numbers
for experimentation purposes in specific protocols where the need to
support experimentation has been identified, and it describes the
numbers that have already been reserved by other documents.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce