Subject: RFC 4777 on IBM's iSeries Telnet Enhancements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:31:30 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4777

        Title:      IBM's iSeries Telnet Enhancements 
        Author:     T. Murphy Jr., P. Rieth,
                    J. Stevens
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      47
        Characters: 104243
        Obsoletes:  RFC2877
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-murphy-iser-telnet-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4777.txt

This document describes the interface to the Telnet server on IBM's
iSeries line of midrange business computers.  This interface allows
Telnet clients to request a Telnet terminal or printer session using
specific session attributes related to device names, encryption,
language support, auto-sign-on, response codes, session association, etc.

These support functions are implemented primarily using the Telnet
Environment option negotiation RFC 1572 to define new USERVAR
variables that will be recognized by iSeries Telnet server.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce