Subject: RFC 4738 on MIKEY-RSA-R: An Additional Mode of Key Distribution in Multimedia Internet KEYing (MIKEY)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:42:16 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4738

        Title:      MIKEY-RSA-R: An Additional Mode of 
                    Key Distribution in Multimedia Internet KEYing 
                    (MIKEY) 
        Author:     D. Ignjatic, L. Dondeti,
                    F. Audet, P. Lin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43015
        Updates:    RFC3830
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-msec-mikey-rsa-r-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4738.txt

The Multimedia Internet Keying (MIKEY) specification describes
several modes of key distribution solution that address multimedia
scenarios (e.g., SIP calls and Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
sessions) using pre-shared keys, public keys, and optionally a
Diffie-Hellman key exchange.  In the public-key mode, the Initiator
encrypts a random key with the Responder's public key and sends it to
the Responder.  In many communication scenarios, the Initiator may
not know the Responder's public key, or in some cases the Responder's
ID (e.g., call forwarding) in advance.  We propose a new MIKEY mode
that works well in such scenarios.  This mode also enhances the group
key management support in MIKEY; it supports member-initiated group
key download (in contrast to group manager pushing the group keys to
all members).  This document updates RFC 3830 with the RSA-R mode.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast Security
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce