Subject: RFC 4752 on The Kerberos V5 ("GSSAPI") Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:01:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4752

        Title:      The Kerberos V5 ("GSSAPI") Simple 
                    Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) Mechanism 
        Author:     A. Melnikov, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 22133
        Obsoletes:  RFC2222
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sasl-gssapi-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4752.txt

The Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL) is a
framework for adding authentication support to connection-based
protocols.  This document describes the method for using the Generic
Security Service Application Program Interface (GSS-API) Kerberos V5
in the SASL.

This document replaces Section 7.2 of RFC 2222, the definition of the
"GSSAPI" SASL mechanism.  This document, together with RFC 4422,
obsoletes RFC 2222.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Simple Authentication and Security Layer
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce