Subject: Protocol Action: 'Media Type Registration of RTP Payload Formats' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:24:03 -0500

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Media Type Registration of Payload Formats in the RTP Profile for 
   Audio and Video Conferences '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-part2-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Media Type Registration of RTP Payload Formats '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

These documents are products of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group.

The IESG contact persons is Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-part2-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-05.txt

Technical Summary

These drafts specify the procedure to register RTP payload formats
as audio, video or other media subtype names. This is useful in a
text-based format description or control protocol to identify the
type of an RTP transmission. Media type registrations for the RTP
payload formats defined in the RTP Profile for Audio and Video
Conferences are also included. Some of these may also be used for
transfer modes other than RTP.

Working Group Summary

These drafts update RFC 3555 to document existing practice with
media type registration for RTP payload formats, as has evolved
in the time since RFC 3555 was published, and taking account of
the updated media type registration rules defined in RFC 4288.
They also update a number of media type registrations, to match
the current template.

Protocol Quality

These drafts were reviewed for the IESG by Magnus Westerlund and
Colin Perkins, and update RFC 3555 to match existing practice.
Review on the ietf-types list was solicited in May 2006, and there
were no objections.

Note to RFC Editor
 
 Replace "RFC XXXX" with the RFC number for draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce