Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPsec Security Policy Database Configuration MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:58:40 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPsec Security Policy Database Configuration MIB '
   <draft-ietf-ipsp-spd-mib-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsp-spd-mib-07.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines an SMIv2 Management Information Base (MIB)
  module for configuring the security policy database of a device
  implementing the IPsec protocol.  The policy-based packet filtering
  and the corresponding execution of actions described in this document
  are of a more general nature than for IPsec configuration alone, such
  as for configuration of a firewall.  This MIB module is designed to be
  extensible with other enterprise or standards based defined packet
  filters and actions.

Working Group Summary

  This document is an individual submission, although the vast bulk of
  the work on this document was done under the IPSP WG before it was
  closed.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Bert Wijnen for the MIB Doctors, and it
  was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce