Subject: RFC 4715 on The Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Subaddress Encoding Type for tel URI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:19:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4715

        Title:      The Integrated Services Digital Network 
                    (ISDN) Subaddress Encoding Type for tel 
                    URI 
        Author:     M. Munakata, S. Schubert,
                    T. Ohba
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28910
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-munakata-iptel-isub-type-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4715.txt

Without a tel URI parameter to carry an encoding type of Integrated
Services Digital Network (ISDN) subaddress, interworking between ISDN
User Part (ISUP) network and a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
network is impossible in some cases.  To solve this problem, this
document specifies a new optional tel URI parameter to carry the
encoding type of ISDN subaddress.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community. 

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce