Subject: RFC 4758 on Cryptographic Token Key Initialization Protocol (CT-KIP) Version 1.0 Revision 1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:58:54 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4758

        Title:      Cryptographic Token Key Initialization Protocol 
                    (CT-KIP) Version 1.0 Revision 1 
        Author:     M. Nystroem
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 110657
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nystrom-ct-kip-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4758.txt

This document constitutes Revision 1 of Cryptographic Token Key
Initialization Protocol (CT-KIP) Version 1.0 from RSA Laboratories'
One-Time Password Specifications (OTPS) series.  The body of this
document, except for the intellectual property considerations
section, is taken from the CT-KIP Version 1.0 document, but comments
received during the IETF review are reflected; hence, the status of a
revised version.  As no "bits-on-the-wire" have changed, the protocol
specified herein is compatible with CT-KIP Version 1.0.

CT-KIP is a client-server protocol for initialization (and
configuration) of cryptographic tokens.  The protocol requires
neither private-key capabilities in the cryptographic tokens, nor an
established public-key infrastructure.  Provisioned (or generated)
secrets will only be available to the server and the cryptographic
token itself.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community. 

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce