Subject: Document Action: 'Security Threats to Network-Based Localized Mobility Management' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:49:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Security Threats to Network-Based Localized Mobility Management '
   <draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Network-based Localized Mobility 
Management Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netlmm-threats-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document discusses security threats to network-based 
  localized mobility management.

Working Group Summary
 
  This is the product of the NETLMM WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This specification has been reviewed for the IESG by Jari Arkko.
  A number of reviews from WG members were obtained, including
  two detailed reviews from Laksminath Dondeti and Vijay Devarapalli.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Change the last paragraph in Section 1:

  OLD TEXT:
   Vulnerabilities in either interface of the localized mobility
   management architecture may entail new security threats which go
   beyond those that already exist in IPv6.  This document identifies
   and discusses security threats on both interfaces of the localized
   mobility management architecture.  It is limited to threats which are
   peculiar to localized mobility management; threats to IPv6 in general
   are documented in [4].
  NEW TEXT:
   Vulnerabilities in either interface of the localized mobility
   management architecture may entail new security threats which go
   beyond those that already exist in IPv6.  Potential attack objectives
   may be to consume network services at the cost of a legitimate mobile
   node, interpose in a mobile node's communications and possibly
   impersonate the mobile node from a position off link, operate under
   the disguise of a false or non-existing identity, or cause denial of
   service to a mobile node or to the localized mobility management
   domain as a whole.  This document identifies and discusses security
   threats on both interfaces of the localized mobility management
   architecture.  It is limited to threats which are peculiar to
   localized mobility management; threats to IPv6 in general are
   documented in [4].

  Also, please add Charles Clancy to the acknowledgements
  section.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce