Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-08.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:47:12 -0500

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'A Taxonomy and Analysis
of Enhancements to Mobile IPv6 Route Optimization' 
<draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-08.txt> as an Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=12721&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mobopts-ro-enhancements-08.txt
The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes and evaluates strategies to enhance Mobile
   IPv6 Route Optimization, on the basis of existing proposals, in order
   to motivate and guide further research in this context.  This
   document is a product of the IP Mobility Optimizations (MobOpts)
   Research Group.

Working Group Summary
 
This is an IRTF document being advanced according to
draft-irtf-rfcs-00.txt as an experiment.
 
Protocol Quality
 
The IRTF poll responses were:
- ready to publish: 7
- not ready to publish: 0
- no objection: 3

IESG Note

        "This RFC is a product of the Internet Research Task Force and
         is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.  The
         IRTF publishes the results of Internet-related research and
         development activities.  These results might not be suitable
         for deployment."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce