Subject: RFC 4736 on Reoptimization of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Loosely Routed Label Switched Path (LSP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:58:47 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4736

        Title:      Reoptimization of Multiprotocol Label Switching 
                    (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Loosely Routed 
                    Label Switched Path (LSP) 
        Author:     JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    Y. Ikejiri, R. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28850
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-loose-path-reopt-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4736.txt

This document defines a mechanism for the reoptimization of loosely
routed MPLS and GMPLS (Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching)
Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) signaled with
Resource Reservation Protocol Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE).  This 
document proposes a mechanism that allows a TE LSP head-end Label 
Switching Router (LSR) to trigger a new path re-evaluation on every hop 
that has a next hop defined as a loose or abstract hop and a mid-point 
LSR to signal to the head-end LSR that a better path exists (compared to 
the current path) or that the TE LSP must be reoptimized (because of
maintenance required on the TE LSP path).  The proposed mechanism
applies to the cases of intra- and inter-domain (Interior Gateway
Protocol area (IGP area) or Autonomous System) packet and non-packet
TE LSPs following _rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce