Subject: Last Call: 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)' to Proposed Standard (draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:50:09 -0500

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for 
   Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH) '
   <draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

To provide security services, the IPsec protocols make use of various
cryptographic algorithms.  In particular, the Encapsulating Security
Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) protect data that is
sent over an IPsec Security Association (SA).  To ensure
interoperability, it is necessary to specify a set of mandatory-to-
implement algorithms.  This document defines the current set of
mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, as well as
specifying algorithms that should be implemented because they may be
promoted to mandatory at some future time.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-01-04.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-02.txt

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce