Subject: Protocol Action: 'Managed Objects of Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:18:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Managed Objects of Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON) '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
    This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
    (MIB) for use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based
    Internets.  In particular, it defines objects for managing interfaces
    that conform to the Ethernet Passive Optical Networks (EPON) standard
    as defined in the IEEE Std 802.3ah-2004, which are extended
    capabilities to the Ethernet like interfaces.
 
Working Group Summary
 
    The working Group has consensus to publish this document as a 
    Proposed Standard RFC.

Protocol Quality
 
    The document has been reviewed by various WG members (and chairs) 
    of the HUBMIB WG. IEEE802.3ah did various reviews and comments
    throughout the development of this document. 
    MIB Doctor review was done by David Perkins.
    IETF Last Call also resulted in some comments. 
    All review comments have been addressed.
    We are not aware of any current implementations.
    Bert Wijnen (WG chair of hubmib) is the PROTO SHEPHERD.
    Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.

Note to RFC Editor
 
1.  Page 99, pls move reference

       [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
                  Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

    from the informative to the normative section.

2.  Replace all citations/references to rfc3636 and with the new
    rfc3636bis-to-be (which has been approved by IESG already, and which 
    obsoletes RFC3636).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce