Subject: Protocol Action: 'Exclude Routes - Extension to RSVP-TE' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:30:16 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Exclude Routes - Extension to RSVP-TE '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Bill Fenner.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-exclude-route-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
  In some networks where precise explicit paths are not computed at the
  head end it may be useful to specify and signal abstract nodes and
  resources that are to be explicitly excluded from routes. These
  exclusions may apply to the whole path, or to parts of a path between
  two abstract nodes specified in an explicit path. How Shared Risk
  Link Groups (SLRGs) can be excluded is also specified in this
  document.

  This document specifies ways to communicate route exclusions during
  path setup using RSVP-TE.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  no reports of any dissent
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Ross Callon has reviewed this for the IESG, and Eric Gray has
  provided Gen-ART review comments. The document has been updated
  in response to Eric's and Ross' comments. I know of at least one
  implementation with some deployment, and I suspect that there is
  more than one implementation.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce