Subject: RFC 4639 on Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:56:29 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4639

        Title:      Cable Device Management Information Base 
                    for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification 
                    (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem 
                    Termination Systems 
        Author:     R. Woundy, K. Marez
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      88
        Characters: 188220
        Obsoletes:  RFC2669
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipcdn-device-mibv2-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4639.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it defines a basic set of managed objects for Simple
Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-based management of Data Over Cable
Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS)-compliant Cable Modems and Cable
Modem Termination Systems.

This memo obsoletes RFC 2669.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over Cable Data Network
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce