Subject: FINAL call for nominations: IAOC position selected by the IAB

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:01:45 -0500

The IAB is making a call for nominations for the IETF Administrative 
Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) and 
BCP 113 (RFC 4333).

The IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-year IAOC term 
in alternate years. This year, the IAB will select one person for a 
term ending in spring 2009.

The incumbent is Lucy Lynch, who was selected by the IAB for an 
initial two year term expiring in spring 2007.

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF, 
knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and familiarity
with the administrative support needs of the IAB, the IESG, and the 
IETF standards process.

The candidates are also expected to be able to understand the 
respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF 
community.

The candidates will also be expected to exercise all the duties 
of an IAOC member, including being prepared to undertake any 
associated responsibilities.  These include, but are not
limited to, the setting of administrative support policies, 
oversight of the administrative operations of the IETF, and 
representing the interests of the IETF to the IAOC.  The candidates
must be able to undertake full participation in all Committee 
meetings and Committee activities.

The IAB-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent
the IAB.  The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable 
directly to the IETF community. Candidates do not need to
be current members of the IAB or IESG, and in fact we prefer 
nominations and volunteers from the rest of the community.

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of 
someone who may be a good fit for this position, please send 
the name and email address to Phil Roberts, Executive Director of
the IAB at <[email-masked]>.

The IAB will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the 
candidates' qualifications and willingness to serve.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to 
serve will be made public on the [email-masked] list 
after the end of the solicitation period (December 22).

The IAB expects to make a decision on or before January 29 
(prior to the expected date at which the Nomcom will select its 
IAOC nominee).

Leslie Daigle,
for the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce