Subject: RFC 4794 on RFC 1264 Is Obsolete

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:57:52 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4794

        Title:      RFC 1264 Is Obsolete 
        Author:     B. Fenner
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 7554
        Obsoletes:  RFC1264
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-fenner-obsolete-1264-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4794.txt

RFC 1264 was written during what was effectively a completely
different time in the life of the Internet.  It prescribed rules to
protect the Internet against new routing protocols that may have
various undesirable properties.  In today's Internet, there are so
many other pressures against deploying unreasonable protocols that we
believe that existing controls suffice, and the RFC 1264 rules just
get in the way.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce