Subject: RFC 4757 on The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft Windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:57:59 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4757

        Title:      The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types 
                    Used by Microsoft Windows 
        Author:     K. Jaganathan, L. Zhu,
                    J. Brezak
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 36562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4757.txt

The Microsoft Windows 2000 implementation of Kerberos introduces a
new encryption type based on the RC4 encryption algorithm and using
an MD5 HMAC for checksum.  This is offered as an alternative to using
the existing DES-based encryption types.

The RC4-HMAC encryption types are used to ease upgrade of existing
Windows NT environments, provide strong cryptography (128-bit key 
lengths), and provide exportable (meet United States government export
restriction requirements) encryption.  This document describes the
implementation of those encryption types.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce