Subject: Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Delegated-IPv6-Prefix Attribute' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:45:23 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RADIUS Delegated-IPv6-Prefix Attribute '
   <draft-ietf-radext-delegated-prefix-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-delegated-prefix-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This document describes a RADIUS attribute that enables assignment
 of an IPv6 prefix for delegation by the Network Access Server.  The need
 for this attribute was discovered during IPv6 deployments using prefix
 delegation.  The document uses an attribute format similar to that used
 for the Framed-IPv6-Prefix attribute in RFC 3162, so that support for the

 attribute can be added to the dictionary in several existing RADIUS
 servers without requiring code changes.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document has been through RADEXT WG last call.  Discussion focused
 on aspects of the attribute format, RFC 3162 deployment models, and
 editorial issues.

Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens has reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce