Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-08.txt

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:07:31 -0500

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Delay-Tolerant 
Networking Architecture' <draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-08.txt> as an 
Informational RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the 
datatracker 
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=10157&rfc_flag=0) 
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit 
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot 
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-08.txt

The process for such documents is described at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

	This document describes an architecture for delay and
	disruption tolerant networks. The document is a product
	of the IRTF delay tolerant networking research group (see
	http://www.dtnrg.org)

Working Group Summary

	This is an IRTF document being advanced according to
	draft-irtf-rfcs-00.txt. The DTNRG have expressed support
	for publishing this with no dissent.

Protocol Quality

	The IRSG reviewed this leading to comments being resolved
	(see IRTF tracker [1]). There are no implementations since
	this is an architecture, though there are implementations of
	some protocols adhering to the architecture (which will
	trundle along this way sometime this year)

	[1] http://www1.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/ticket/6

Note to RFC Editor

Add this sentence to the end of the abstract:
 
	This document represents the consensus of the IRTF DTN
	research group and has been widely reviewed by that group.

IESG Note

        This RFC is a product of the Internet Research Task Force and
        is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.  The
        IRTF publishes the results of Internet-related research and
        development activities.  These results might not be suitable
        for deployment on the public Internet.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:07:31 -0500

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Protocol Quality

Note to RFC Editor

IESG Note