Subject: RFC 4771 on Integrity Transform Carrying Roll-Over Counter for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:43:24 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4771

        Title:      Integrity Transform Carrying Roll-Over Counter 
                    for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol 
                    (SRTP) 
        Author:     V. Lehtovirta, M. Naslund,
                    K. Norrman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27945
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4771.txt

This document defines an integrity transform for Secure Real-time
Transport Protocol (SRTP; see RFC 3711), which allows the roll-over
counter (ROC) to be transmitted in SRTP packets as part of the
authentication tag.  The need for sending the ROC in SRTP packets
arises in situations where the receiver joins an ongoing SRTP session
and needs to quickly and robustly synchronize.  The mechanism also
enhances SRTP operation in cases where there is a risk of losing sender-receiver synchronization.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce