Subject: RFC 4778 on Operational Security Current Practices In Internet Service Provider Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:17:25 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4778

        Title:      Operational Security Current Practices In 
                    Internet Service Provider Environments 
        Author:     M. Kaeo
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 88344
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opsec-current-practices-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4778.txt

This document is a survey of the current practices used in today's
large ISP operational networks to secure layer 2 and layer 3
infrastructure devices.  The information listed here is the result of
information gathered from people directly responsible for defining
and implementing secure infrastructures in Internet Service Provider
environments.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP
Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce