Subject: Document Action: 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:37:32 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for the International 
   Organization for Standardization (ISO) '
   <draft-goodwin-iso-urn-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-goodwin-iso-urn-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
 T his document describes a Uniform Resource Name Namespace
   Identification (URN NID) for the International Organization for
   Standardization (ISO).  This URN NID is intended for use for the
   identification of persistent resources published by the ISO standards
   body (including documents, document metadata, extracted resources
   such as standard schemata and standard value sets, and other
   resources).(What does this protocol do and why does the community need
it?)
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This is the product of an individual submitter; it was reviewed on
urn-nid list
  as required, and no issues were found.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed by Ted Hardie for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce