Subject: Document Action: 'The Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible Authentication Protocol Method (EAP-FAST)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:35:08 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible 
   Authentication Protocol Method (EAP-FAST) '
   <draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines the Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling
  EAP authentication method, commonly called EAP-FAST, which enables
  secure communication between a client and a server by using the EAP
  based Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS) to establish a mutually
  authenticated tunnel.  Unlike current existing tunneled authentication
  protocols, EAP-FAST also enables the establishment of a mutually
  authenticated tunnel by means of symmetric cryptography.  Furthermore,
  within the secure tunnel, EAP encapsulated methods can be used to
  either facilitate further provision of credentials, authentication, or
  authorization policies by the server to the client.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual submission.  No working group has reviewed it.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce