Subject: Document Action: 'Key Change Strategies for TCP-MD5' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:06:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Key Change Strategies for TCP-MD5 '
   <draft-bellovin-keyroll2385-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bellovin-keyroll2385-04.txt

Technical Summary

  The TCP-MD5 option is most commonly used to secure BGP sessions
  between routers.  However, changing the long-term key is difficult,
  since the change needs to be synchronized between different
  organizations.  This document describes single-ended strategies that
  will permit (mostly) unsynchronized key changes.

Working Group Summary

  This is an individual effort.  It is not affiliated with any IETF
  Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce