Subject: RFC 4788 on Enhancements to RTP Payload Formats for EVRC Family Codecs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:11:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4788

        Title:      Enhancements to RTP Payload Formats 
                    for EVRC Family Codecs 
        Author:     Q. Xie, R. Kapoor
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 42216
        Updates:    RFC3558
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-compact-bundled-evrc-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4788.txt

This document updates the Enhanced Variable Rate Codec (EVRC) RTP
payload formats defined in RFC 3558 with several enhancements and
extensions.  In particular, it defines support for the header-free
and interleaved/bundled packet formats for the EVRC-B codec, a new
compact bundled format for the EVRC and EVRC-B codecs, as well as
discontinuous transmission (DTX) support for EVRC and EVRC-B-encoded
speech transported via RTP.  Voice over IP (VoIP) applications
operating over low bandwidth dial-up and wireless networks require
such enhancements for efficient use of the bandwidth.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce