Subject: Document Action: 'IPv6 Enterprise Network Analysis - IP Layer 3 Focus' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:00:28 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Enterprise Network Analysis - IP Layer 3 Focus '
   <draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IPv6 Operations Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Kessens and Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This document analyzes the transition to IPv6 in enterprise
 networks.  These networks are characterized as a network that has
 multiple internal links, one or more router connections, to one or
 more Providers, and is managed by a network operations entity.  The
 analysis focuses on a base set of transition notational networks and
 requirements expanded from a previous Enterprise Scenarios document.
 Discussion is provided on a focused set of transition analysis
 required for the enterprise to transition to IPv6, assuming a Dual-IP
 layer (IPv4 and IPv6) network and node environment, within the
 enterprise.  Then a set of transition mechanisms are recommended for
 each notational network.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document has been discussed in detail in the v6ops working group.

Protocol Quality
 
 David Kessens reviewed this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce