Subject: RFC 4797 on Use of Provider Edge to Provider Edge (PE-PE) Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) or IP in BGP/MPLS IP Virtual Private Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:19:39 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4797

        Title:      Use of Provider Edge to 
                    Provider Edge (PE-PE) Generic Routing Encapsulation 
                    (GRE) or IP in BGP/MPLS IP 
                    Virtual Private Networks 
        Author:     Y. Rekhter, R. Bonica,
                    E. Rosen
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18985
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-gre-ip-2547-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4797.txt

This document describes an implementation strategy for BGP/MPLS IP
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) in which the outermost MPLS label
(i.e., the tunnel label) is replaced with either an IP header or an
IP header with Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).

The implementation strategy described herein enables the deployment
of BGP/MPLS IP VPN technology in networks whose edge devices are MPLS
and VPN aware, but whose interior devices are not.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce