Subject: RFC 4795 on Link-local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:19:45 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4795

        Title:      Link-local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) 
        Author:     B. Aboba, D. Thaler,
                    L. Esibov
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 71969
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-mdns-47.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4795.txt

The goal of Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) is to enable
name resolution in scenarios in which conventional DNS name
resolution is not possible.  LLMNR supports all current and future
DNS formats, types, and classes, while operating on a separate port
from DNS, and with a distinct resolver cache.  Since LLMNR only
operates on the local link, it cannot be considered a substitute for
DNS.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce