Subject: Document Action: 'Long-Term Archive Service Requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 10:36:08 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Long-Term Archive Service Requirements '
   <draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-10.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-10.txt

Technical Summary

  There are many scenarios in which users must be able to prove the
  existence of data at a specific point in time and be able to
  demonstrate the integrity of data since that time, even when the
  duration from time of existence to time of demonstration spans a large
  period of time.  Additionally, users must be able to verify signatures
  on digitally signed data many years after the generation of the
  signature.  This document describes a class of long-term archive
  services to support such scenarios and the technical requirements for
  interacting with such services.

Working Group Summary

  This document is a product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary
  Services (LTANS) Working Group.  The document was reviewed by LTANS WG
  members and chairs.

Protocol Quality

  This document does not specify a protocol.  It documents the
  requirements for protocols and data structures that will be specified
  in other documents.  There are at least two implementations of a
  protocol and a data structure that meet the requirements in this
  document.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce