Subject: RFC 4754 on IKE and IKEv2 Authentication Using the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:43:19 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4754

        Title:      IKE and IKEv2 Authentication Using 
                    the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm 
                    (ECDSA) 
        Author:     D. Fu, J. Solinas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 27948
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-auth-ecdsa-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4754.txt

This document describes how the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature
Algorithm (ECDSA) may be used as the authentication method within
the Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and Internet Key Exchange version 2
(IKEv2) protocols.  ECDSA may provide benefits including
computational efficiency, small signature sizes, and minimal
bandwidth compared to other available digital signature methods.
This document adds ECDSA capability to IKE and IKEv2 without
introducing any changes to existing IKE operation.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce