Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis (HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:55:05 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the WWW Distributed Authoring and 
Versioning WG (webdav) to consider the following document:

- 'HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring - WebDAV '
   <draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

While the WEBDAV working group was originally chartered to produce a
draft standard update to RFC 2518, this documented is being targeted
as a replacement Proposed Standard because of a number of substantive
changes to the original semantics.  These are summarized in Appendix
F, but a full review of the document is required to see the entire scope.
Because of the low level of energy in the group, the IESG does not
anticipate receiving a Draft Standard candidate from the group as a 
successor to this document.  A key question for reviewers is whether 
this document is substantially better than RFC 2518 and should
replace it.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-01-21. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-17.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8360&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce