Subject: Protocol Action: 'SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message Release' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:19:59 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message Release '
   <draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
  There is a widely-used feature within the voice messaging community
   to compose and send a message for delivery in the future.  This is
   useful for sending announcements to be heard at the beginning of a
   work day, to send birthday greetings a day or so ahead, or to use as
   a lightweight facility to build a personal reminder service.

   This document describes an extension which e uses the SMTP submission
protocol to allow a client, when submitting a message, to indicate a
future time for the message to be released for delivery.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  This document was produced by individual submitters.  It was discussed
in the LEMONADE working group; thought it was not ultimately adopted as a
working group item, there was significant discussion and response to that
review.
  
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce