Subject: RFC 4779 on ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in Broadband Access Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:01:23 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4779

        Title:      ISP IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 
                    Broadband Access Networks 
        Author:     S. Asadullah, A. Ahmed,
                    C. Popoviciu, P. Savola,
                    J. Palet
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      81
        Characters: 188511
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-bb-deployment-scenarios-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4779.txt

This document provides a detailed description of IPv6 deployment and
integration methods and scenarios in today's Service Provider (SP)
Broadband (BB) networks in coexistence with deployed IPv4 services.
Cable/HFC, BB Ethernet, xDSL, and WLAN are the main BB technologies
that are currently deployed, and discussed in this document.  The
emerging Broadband Power Line Communications (PLC/BPL) access
technology is also discussed for completeness.  In this document we
will discuss main components of IPv6 BB networks, their differences
from IPv4 BB networks, and how IPv6 is deployed and integrated in
each of these networks using tunneling mechanisms and native IPv6.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce