Subject: Protocol Action: 'DHCP options for PANA Authentication Agents' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:35:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCP options for PANA Authentication Agents '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-paa-option-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-paa-option-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The document specifies a DHCPv4 option and a DHCPv6 option that
  allow a PANA client to learn addresses of PANA Authentication
  Agents.

Working Group Summary
 
  There was consensus for adopting this draft at the wg meeting at
  IETF 63.  Consensus was verified on the mailing list, and got
  adopted in September 2005.  After that it has been discussed in
  both dhc and pana WGs and rev 03 went to a joint WGLC in dhc and
  pana WGs in August 2006.  Based on comments received during last
  call rev 04 was produced.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  The protocol specified in this document specifies new DHCPv4 and
  DHCPv6 options and as there are no special requirements on option
  encodings or usage, this should be trivial to implement.

  This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Jari Arkko.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Please change the definition of " PANA Authentication Agent 
  (PAA)" in Section 3 to the following:

      The protocol entity in the access network whose responsibility is
      to verify the credentials provided by a PANA client (PaC) and
      authorize network access to the access device.  The PAA and the
      EAP authenticator (and optionally the EAP server) are co-located
      in the same node.

  In Section 7, change

     a PANA Client could be led to
     contact a rogue PANA Authentication Agent, possibly one that then
     intercepts call requests or denies service.

  to

     a PANA Client could be led to contact a rogue PANA
     Authentication Agent, possibly one that then intercepts
     authentication requests and/or denies network access
     to the access device.

  Similarly in Section 7, change

     In most of the networks, 

  to

     In most of networks, 

  And finally in Section 8, change

     Norten

  to

     Narten

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce