Subject: Protocol Action: 'Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the revised IPsec Architecture' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:28:57 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv6 Operation with IKEv2 and the revised IPsec Architecture '
   <draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-ikev2-ipsec-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document describes Mobile IPv6 operation with the
  revised IPsec architecture and IKEv2. The MIP6 RFCs 3775 and
  3776 are based on IKE. This I-D explains MIP6 operation and
  establishment of the IPsec SA between the MN and HA using
  IKEv2. 
 
Working Group Summary

  The WG has been keen on ensuring a solution for MIP6 with
  IKEv2 is specified. There is overall consensus on the need
  for this specification and is widely supported. This I-D has
  undergone two WG last calls and has been discussed at
  several MIP6 WG meetings.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This specification has been reviewed by Jari Arkko for
  the IESG.

  AD review revealed a concern that the specification
  of IPsec policies might not be fully RFC 4301 compliant.
  The IETF Last Call period was used to work together
  with the secdir to look into this. Extensive comments
  were received, and document was revised accordingly.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce