Subject: RFC 4764 on The EAP-PSK Protocol: A Pre-Shared Key Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:43:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4764

        Title:      The EAP-PSK Protocol: A Pre-Shared 
                    Key Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method 
        Author:     F. Bersani, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 133990
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bersani-eap-psk-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4764.txt

This document specifies EAP-PSK, an Extensible Authentication
Protocol (EAP) method for mutual authentication and session key
derivation using a Pre-Shared Key (PSK).  EAP-PSK provides a
protected communication channel when mutual authentication is
successful for both parties to communicate over.  This document
describes the use of this channel only for protected exchange of
result indications, but future EAP-PSK extensions may use the channel
for other purposes.  EAP-PSK is designed for authentication over
insecure networks such as IEEE 802.11.  This memo defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distFrom [email-masked] Thu Jan 18 13:51:46 2007
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:43:05 -0800
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4764 on The EAP-PSK Protocol: A Pre-Shared Key Extensible
	Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4764

        Title:      The EAP-PSK Protocol: A Pre-Shared 
                    Key Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Method 
        Author:     F. Bersani, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 133990
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bersani-eap-psk-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4764.txt

This document specifies EAP-PSK, an Extensible Authentication
Protocol (EAP) method for mutual authentication and session key
derivation using a Pre-Shared Key (PSK).  EAP-PSK provides a
protected communication channel when mutual authentication is
successful for both parties to communicate over.  This document
describes the use of this channel only for protected exchange of
result indications, but future EAP-PSK extensions may use the channel
for other purposes.  EAP-PSK is designed for authentication over
insecure networks such as IEEE 802.11.  This memo defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce