Subject: Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:32:30 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating 
   Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH) '
   <draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-03.txt

Technical Summary

  To provide security services, the IPsec protocols make use of various
  cryptographic algorithms.  In particular, the Encapsulating Security
  Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) protect data that is
  sent over an IPsec Security Association (SA).  To ensure
  interoperability, it is necessary to specify a set of mandatory-to-
  implement algorithms.  This document defines the current set of
  mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, as well as
  specifying algorithms that should be implemented because they may be
  promoted to mandatory at some future time.

Working Group Summary

  This is not part of any Working Group, but the document was discussed
  on the IPsec mail list.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce