Subject: Protocol Action: 'Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Reservations' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:50:15 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Generic Aggregate Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Reservations '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Magnus Westerlund and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-ipsec-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
RFC 3175 defines aggregate RSVP reservations allowing resources to be
reserved in a Diffserv network for a given DSCP from a given source to a
given destination. RFC 3175 also defines how end-to-end RSVP reservations
can be aggregated onto such aggregate reservations when transiting through
a Diffserv cloud. There are situations where multiple such aggregate
reservations are needed for the same source IP address, destination IP
address and DSCP. However, this is not supported by the aggregate
reservations defined in RFC 3175. In order to support this capability, the
present document defines a more flexible type of aggregate RSVP
reservations, referred to as generic aggregate reservation. Multiple such
generic aggregate reservations can be established for a given DSCP from a
given source IP address to a given destination IP address. The generic
aggregate reservations may be used to aggregate end-to-end RSVP
reservations. This document also defines the procedures for such
aggregation. The generic aggregate reservations may also be used
end-to-end directly by end-systems attached to a Diffserv network.
 
Working Group Summary
 
There is consensus in the WG to publish this document. It has been
reviewed by several people prior to the WG last call. Comments raised have
been addressed.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document has been well reviewed in the WG and comments raised has
been addressed. Responsible AD was Magnus Westerlund. WG PROTO shepherd
was James Polk. Last call comments in the IETF last call has been
addressed.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce