Subject: RFC 4815 on RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Corrections and Clarifications to RFC 3095

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:43:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4815

        Title:      RObust Header Compression (ROHC): Corrections 
                    and Clarifications to RFC 3095 
        Author:     L-E. Jonsson, K. Sandlund,
                    G. Pelletier, P. Kremer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 74819
        Updates:    RFC3095, RFC3241, RFC3843, RFC4019, RFC4362
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-22.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4815.txt

RFC 3095 defines the RObust Header Compression (ROHC) framework and
profiles for IP (Internet Protocol), UDP (User Datagram Protocol),
RTP (Real-Time Transport Protocol), and ESP (Encapsulating Security
Payload).  Some parts of the specification are unclear or contain
errors that may lead to misinterpretations that may impair
interoperability between different implementations.  This document
provides corrections, additions, and clarifications to RFC 3095; this
document thus updates RFC 3095.  In addition, other clarifications
related to RFC 3241 (ROHC over PPP), RFC 3843 (ROHC IP profile) and
RFC 4109 (ROHC UDP-Lite profiles) are also provided.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce