Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-net-transparent-03.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:22:14 -0500

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

               Reflections on Internet Transparency
               <draft-iab-net-transparent-03.txt> 

as an Informational RFC.   This document reiterates
the general principle and benefits of network transparency,
identifying further transparency issues not addressed
in previous IAB statements.  Networks that provide transparent
(oblivious) transport enable the deployment of new services without
requiring changes to the core.  It is this flexibility which is perhaps
both the Internet's most essential characteristic as well as one of the 
most important contributors to its success.

The IAB solicits comments by March 23, 2007. Please send
comments to the IAB ([email-masked]).

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-net-transparent-03.txt

 From the Abstract:

   This document provides a review of previous IAB statements on
   Internet transparency, as well a discussion of new transparency
   issues.  Far from having lessened in relevance, technical
   implications of intentionally or inadvertently impeding network
   transparency play a critical role in the Internet's ability to
   support innovation and global communication.  This document provides
   some specific illustrations of those potential impacts.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce