Subject: Protocol Action: 'Domain-based Application Service Location Using URIs and the Dynamic Delegation Discovery Service (DDDS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:22:33 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Domain-based Application Service Location Using URIs and the Dynamic 
   Delegation Discovery Service (DDDS) '
   <draft-daigle-unaptr-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daigle-unaptr-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
   The document defines a new Dynamic Delegation Discovery 
   Service (DDDS) application that allows mapping of domain names 
   to URIs for particular application services and protocols.  It is 
   effectively an extension of the  Straightforward NAPTR (S-NAPTR) 
   DDDS application.  This document is a dependency for the 
   ECRIT working group, but it is not a product of that working 
   group.

Working Group Summary
 
 This document is the product of an individual submitter.  A solicited
 review from the Applications Area Review team by John Klensin was 
 positive.

Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce