Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:56:39 -0500

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

   Report from the IAB workshop on Unwanted Traffic March 9-10, 2006
               <draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt> 

as an Informational RFC.   This document is a report
from an invitational workshop convened by the IAB.
As such, it represents the opinions of the attendees
expressed at the time of the workshop.  

Please direct any comments to improve the clarity of
the report to the IAB ([email-masked]) by March 23, 2007.

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt

 From the Abstract:
 
   This document reports the outcome of a workshop held by the Internet
   Architecture Board (IAB) on Unwanted Internet Traffic.  The workshop
   was held on March 9-10, 2006 at USC/ISI in Marina del Rey, CA, USA.
   The primary goal of the workshop was to foster interchange between
   the operator, standards, and research communities on the topic of
   unwanted traffic, as manifested in, for example, Distributed Denial
   of Service (DDoS) attacks, spam, and phishing, to gain understandings
   on the ultimate sources of these unwanted traffic, and to assess
   their impact and the effectiveness of existing solutions.  It was
   also a goal of the workshop to identify engineering and research
   topics that could be undertaken by the IAB, the IETF, the IRTF, and
   the network research and development community at large to develop
   effective countermeasures against the unwanted traffic.

Leslie Daigle,
      For the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce