Subject: Protocol Action: 'DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:17:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures '
   <draft-ietf-dkim-base-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-base-10.txt

Technical Summary

  DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
  authentication framework for email using public key cryptography and
  key server technology to permit verification of the source and
  contents of messages by either Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) or Mail
  User Agents (MUAs).  The ultimate goal of this framework is to permit
  a signing domain to assert responsibility for a message, thus
  protecting message signer identity and the integrity of the messages
  they convey while retaining the functionality of Internet email as it
  is known today.

Working Group Summary

  The DKIM working group spent a good deal of effort refining this
  specification, along with the preceding DKIM threats document.  This
  document represents the broad consensus of the DKIM working group.

Protocol Quality

  The protocol is a result of work over about one-and-a-half years prior
  to its introduction to the IETF, and one-half year since.  There are
  three or four implementations of current protocol specification, and
  the implementations are shown to interoperate.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please publish this document at the same time as
  draft-delany-domainkeys-base.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce