Subject: Document Action: 'MIKEY General Extension Payload for OMA BCAST LTKM/STKM Transport' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:33:22 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MIKEY General Extension Payload for OMA BCAST LTKM/STKM Transport '
   <draft-dondeti-msec-mikey-genext-oma-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dondeti-msec-mikey-genext-oma-04.txt

Technical Summary

  This document requests IANA registration of a new type of General
  Extension Payload of MIKEY (RFC 3830) for use by OMA BCAST.  The
  request is for a type value for a payload where the Payload Data is
  specified in an OMA BCAST technical Specifications, allowing OMA BCAST
  to have change control.  This approach also permits the definition of
  multiple types of subpayloads within the MIKEY General Extension
  Payload.  For interoperability, one has to implement a combination of
  RFC 3830, 3GPP MBMS specification (optional), and OMA BCAST
  specification.

Working Group Summary

  This is not a WG document.  The document was discussed on the MSEC
  mail list.  The document was also submitted for review in OMA BCAST.
  All of the comments from both sources have been addressed.

  With a liaison statement, OMA BCAST requests publication of this
  document and requests IANA assignment.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

Note to the RFC Editor:

  This document has a dependency to be resolved before publication.
  This document is to be published in synchronization with the
  OMA BCAST 1.0 Service and Content Protection Technical Specification:

    Open Mobile Alliance, "Service and Content Protection for Mobile
    Broadcast Services", OMA TS-BCAST-SvcCntProtection-V1_0-20060412-D,
    2006.

  Please coordinate with the OMA Release planning group Chair:

    Peter Arnby 
    +46 70 39 66 395
    [email-masked]

  And the OMA BCAST Chair:

    Sungoh Hwang
    +82 16 9530 5106
    [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce