Subject: Document Action: 'Use of Hash Algorithms in IKE and IPsec' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:20:47 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Use of Hash Algorithms in IKE and IPsec '
   <draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes the use of one-way hash functions in the
  IKEv1, IKEv2, AH, and ESP protocols.  It also explains the level of
  vulnerability of these protocols to the reduced collision resistance
  of the MD5 and SHA-1 one-way hash algorithms.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group, but there
  has been some discussion of the document on the IPsec mail list.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce