Subject: Impending publication: draft-iab-raws-report-01.txt

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:04:54 -0500

The IAB is ready to ask the RFC-Editor to publish

        Report from the IAB Workshop on Routing and Addressing
                      draft-iab-raws-report-01.txt

as an Informational RFC.   This document is a report
from an invitational workshop convened by the IAB.
As such, it represents the opinions of the attendees
expressed at the time of the workshop.  

Please direct any comments to improve the clarity of
the report to the IAB ([email-masked]) by April 4, 2007.

The document can be found at

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-raws-report-01.txt

 From the Abstract:

   This document reports the outcome of the Routing and Addressing
   Workshop which the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) held on October
   18-19, 2006 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.  The primary goal of the
   workshop was to develop a shared understanding of the problems that
   the large backbone operators are facing regarding the scalability of
   today's Internet routing system.  The key workshop findings include
   an analysis of the major factors that are driving routing table
   growth, constraints in router technology, and the limitations of
   today's Internet addressing architecture.  It is hoped that these
   findings will serve as input to the IETF community and help identify
   next steps towards effective solutions.

   Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
   workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
   those of the workshop participants and not the IAB.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce