Subject: Secretariat RFI Announcement

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:29:35 -0500

The IETF Administrative Support Activity intends to fundamentally review
the support structure for IETF's standards development process, including
possible new operational models, with a view towards improving operational
efficiency, support and management.

To that end, the IASA is exploring options for Contractor performance of
the IETF Secretariat function and seeks:
(1) Comments and suggestions on the Secretariat function, practices and
structure from any party, and 
(2) Expressions of interest in a Secretariat contract award from qualified
vendors.

The IASA plans to issue one or more RFPs during 2007 or 2008, leading to
one or more 3 year contracts in 2008 or 2009.

Contract schedule would have an RFP issued in July of 2007 or 2008;
responses due in August; contract negotiations in September; contract
award in October; a transition in November and December; and contract
commencement in January 2008 or 2009.

The Internet Engineering Task Force exists to "make the Internet work
better." Its mission is to produce high quality technical and engineering
documents that influence the way people design, use, and manage the
Internet in such a way as to make the Internet work better.  These
documents include protocol standards, best current practices, and
informational documents of various kinds.

The secretariat services, including IT support and meeting management, as
well as support of the drafting and approval process for engineering
documents, must be implemented in a way compatible with the IETF's open
volunteer process, remote participation by individuals, and the formal
rules and established practice.

The RFI can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/307.html

Responses are due no later than April 16, 2007 to [email-masked].

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary
and may be used in the development of an RFP.

Questions about this RFI can be addressed to:  [email-masked]. All
questions and answers will be posted on the aforementioned website.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce