Subject: RFC 4822 on RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:10:32 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4822

        Title:      RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication 
        Author:     R. Atkinson, M. Fanto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 53828

        I-D Tag:    draft-rja-ripv2-auth-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4822.txt

This note describes a revision to the RIPv2 Cryptographic
Authentication mechanism originally specified in RFC 2082.  This
document obsoletes RFC 2082 and updates RFC 2453.  This
document adds details of how the SHA family of hash algorithms can be
used with RIPv2 Cryptographic Authentication, whereas the original
document only specified the use of Keyed-MD5.  Also, this document
clarifies a potential issue with an active attack on this mechanism
and adds significant text to the Security Considerations section.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce