Subject: RFC 4810 on Long-Term Archive Service Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:56:56 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4810

        Title:      Long-Term Archive Service Requirements 
        Author:     C. Wallace, U. Pordesch,
                    R. Brandner
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 35690
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ltans-reqs-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4810.txt

There are many scenarios in which users must be able to prove the
existence of data at a specific point in time and be able to
demonstrate the integrity of data since that time, even when the
duration from time of existence to time of demonstration spans a
large period of time.  Additionally, users must be able to verify
signatures on digitally signed data many years after the generation
of the signature.  This document describes a class of long-term
archive services to support such scenarios and the technical
requirements for interacting with such services.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce