Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions and Managed Objects for OAM Functions on Ethernet Like Interfaces' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 16:23:05 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions and Managed Objects for OAM Functions on Ethernet Like 
   Interfaces '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-mib-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and David Kessens.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-mib-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document defines objects for managing Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) capabilities on Ethernet like
   interfaces conformant to the Ethernet OAM functionality defined in
   the Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) clauses of the Ethernet
   standards.   The Ethernet OAM functionality is complementary to SNMP
   management in that it is focused on a small set of link-specific
   functions for directly connected Ethernet interfaces.  This document
   defines objects for controlling those link OAM functions, and for
   providing results and status of the OAM functions to management
   entities.  
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The document met the Working Group consensus. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   The document was reviewed by David Perkins as MIB Doctor and by Bert
Wijnen and Dan Romascanu as successive Area Directors and WG Chairs. The
last call version of the Internet-Draft was also sent for comments to the
IEEE 802.3 Working Group and to the MIB Doctors list. 
 
Note to RFC Editor
 
 Please make the following editorial chamges:

1. pag. 16, DESCRIPTION clause of dot3OamFunctionsSupported

OLD:

        operating in undirectional mode (traffic flowing in one

NEW:

        operating in unidirectional mode (traffic flowing in one

2. pag 51, DESCRIPTION clause of dot3OamStatsBaseGroup:
 
OLD:

        number of various transmit and recieve events for OAM on an

NEW:

        number of various transmit and receive events for OAM on an

3. page 54, DESCRIPTION clause of dot3OamNotificationGroup:

OLD: 

       to a management entity that local or remote events have  
occured

NEW: 

       to a management entity that local or remote events have  
occurred

4. Section 7, page 55:

OLD:

 if the network itself is secure (for example by using IPSec), even

NEW: 

 if the network itself is secure (for example by using IPsec), even

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce