Subject: RFC 4790 on Internet Application Protocol Collation Registry

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:51:18 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4790

        Title:      Internet Application Protocol Collation Registry 
        Author:     C. Newman, M. Duerst,
                    A. Gulbrandsen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 55591
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-newman-i18n-comparator-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4790.txt

Many Internet application protocols include string-based lookup,
searching, or sorting operations.  However, the problem space for
searching and sorting international strings is large, not fully
explored, and is outside the area of expertise for the Internet
Engineering Task Force (IETF).  Rather than attempt to solve such a
large problem, this specification creates an abstraction framework so
that application protocols can precisely identify a comparison
function, and the repertoire of comparison functions can be extended
in the future.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce