Subject: Protocol Action: 'LDP Specification' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:36:04 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Experience with the LDP protocol '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-experience-00.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'LDP Implementation Survey Results '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-survey2002-00.txt> as an Informational RFC
- 'LDP Specification '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt> as a Draft Standard

These documents are products of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-rfc3036bis-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This ballot contains documentation required for progressing the     
 MPLS Label Distribution Protocol to Draft Standard (currently PS).
 Section 7 of the updated specification contains a summary of changes
 since the previous protocol revision. The revised specification
 removes one feature (host FEC) that has not been implemented.  All
 other features have been implemented by at least two vendors. The
 protocol has been widely deployed and interoperability has been
 demonstrated.

 Accompanying the updated specification are an implementation report
 and a protocol experience document formalizing the results of
 implementation and interoperability as well as the protocol
 experience surveys. The Protocol MIB module is currently a Proposed
 Standard (see RFC 3815). An authentication mechanism is provided
 for the protocol in the form of the TCP-MD5 option (RFC 2385).
 
Working Group Summary
 
 The document bundle is a result of significant effort within the WG.
 The WG had consensus to progress LDP to Draft Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The updated specification and related documents have been reviewed for
 the IESG by Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce