Subject: Routing and Addressing Directorate

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 03:14:54 -0500

The previously announced Routing & Addressing Directorate has
been established, to provide additional, cross-area, coordination of
information and discussion on topics relating to Internet
routing & addressing.

The charter page for this group can be found here:
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/radir.html

The initial five members are:

 Vince Fuller
 Thomas Narten
 Erik Nordmark
 Jason Schiller
 John Scudder

We intend the Directorate to expand from the initial five
members to roughly ten people with different experience and expertise.

We expect it to focus on communication and coordination.  As with all
IETF directorates, this group has no decision-making authority. It will
not be charged with picking solutions or choosing a technical direction.
That remains a community decision. This Directorate is expected to have
a lifetime of about 5 years (with a first review of membership after
six months, followed by an annual review).

The group can be reached at: radir at ietf.org. You also may see 
this address cc:ed on correspondence regarding routing- and
addressing-related WG charters and documents.

  Brian & Leslie. 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce