Subject: Document Action: 'Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:08:39 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Integrity, privacy and security in OPES for SMTP '
   <draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Open Pluggable Edge Services Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
    The Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) framework is application
   agnostic.  Application specific adaptations extend that framework.
   Previous work has focused on HTTP and work for SMTP is in progress.
   These protocols differ fundamentally in the way data flows and it
   turns out that existing OPES requirements and IAB considerations for
   OPES need to be reviewed with regards to how well they fit for SMTP
   adaptation.  This document analyzes aspects about the integrity of
   SMTP and mail message adaptation by OPES systems and privacy and
   security issues when the OPES framework is adapted to SMTP and lists
   requirements that must be considered when creating the "SMTP
   adaptation with OPES" document.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 There was consensus to publish this document as a record of the
  working group's discussion.  There were comments on the IETF
  Last Call; an updated document was produced to address them.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce