Subject: RFC 4813 on OSPF Link-Local Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:12:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4813

        Title:      OSPF Link-Local Signaling 
        Author:     B. Friedman, L. Nguyen,
                    A. Roy, D. Yeung,
                    A. Zinin
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 19687
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nguyen-ospf-lls-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4813.txt

OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in IP
networks.  OSPF routers exchange information on a link using packets
that follow a well-defined format.  The format of OSPF packets is not
flexible enough to enable applications to exchange arbitrary data, which
may be necessary in certain situations.  This memo describes a
vendor-specific, backward-compatible technique to perform link-local
signaling, i.e., exchange arbitrary data on a link.  This memo defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce