Subject: Document Action: 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:19:50 -0400

The IESG has approved the following documents:

- 'Robust XML Encoding Rules (RXER) for Abstract Syntax Notation One 
   (ASN.1) '
   <draft-legg-xed-rxer-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Encoding Instructions for the Robust XML Encoding Rules (RXER) '
   <draft-legg-xed-rxer-ei-04.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X) '
   <draft-legg-xed-asd-07.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X) Representation of Encoding 
   Instructions for the Generic String Encoding Rules (GSER) '
   <draft-legg-xed-asd-gserei-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC
- 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X) Representation of Encoding 
   Instructions for the XML Encoding Rules (XER) '
   <draft-legg-xed-asd-xerei-03.txt> as an Experimental RFC

These documents have been reviewed in the IETF but are not the products of
an IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-legg-xed-asd-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
   Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X) is a semantically equivalent
   Extensible Markup Language (XML) representation for Abstract Syntax
   Notation One (ASN.1) specifications.  ASN.X, together with the Robust
   XML Encoding Rules (RXER), constitutes a schema language for XML
   documents that offers, through other ASN.1 encoding rules,
   alternative compact binary encodings for XML instance documents.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document set was not produced by an IETF working group, but by an
individual.  IETF Last Call produced no comments, and solicited reviewers
were basically positive. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This document was reviewed for the IESG by Ted Hardie.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce