Subject: Seeking a new IAB Executive Director

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:10:42 -0400

All,

Due to other commitments Phil Roberts will not be able to continue
his role as Executive Director. Therefore the IAB is currently looking
to appoint a replacement.

The Executive Director is a non-voting ex-officio member of the IAB.
(See RFC2850, the IAB's charter, for details).  We are looking for
suggestions, based on the brief  profile for the role, below.

We would like you to consider this profile and either suggest yourself
or other people that you think that would fit well in  this role by
sending mail to the IAB at [email-masked].  We do not  intend to disclose
the names of the nominees in public, but we may wish to discuss this
issue with third parties such as the Area Directors.  If you have a
problem with your name being mentioned in this context, please let us
know.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal candidate.  We
fully realize that such people are probably non-existent.  So  don't
hesitate to suggest somebody who in  your opinion would fit this  role
but might not meet all the qualifications 100 percent. Here  is the
profile:

 - Writing skills.  The Executive Director keeps and edits the minutes
   of the IAB meetings and prepares them for public dissemination.

 - Sysadmin skills.  The Executive Director handles the administration
   of the IAB websites, including the maintenance of tools such as
   Wikis,  Jabber servers, email lists, etc.

 - IETF experience.  It is desirable for the candidate to have at least
   some experience with the IETF.

 - Organizational skills.  The Executive Director serves as a
   program manager for IAB work items.  It is desirable for the
   candidate to be able to juggle many outstanding tasks simultaneously.

-  Enough time available.  For example, it is preferable that the
   candidate not be chair of more than one IETF WG, or a member
   of the IESG or IAB. The Executive Director would be expected
   to be present in person at IETF meetings and IAB Retreats
   (typically one per year). The IAB has approximately 5 hours of
   teleconferences per month.

We would like to receive your comments & suggestions by April 2
2007 and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible thereafter.
It will be helpful if you indicate in your email how you or the
suggested person fits this profile as best as possible.

on behalf of the IAB,

Leslie and Olaf 

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce