Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning (webdav)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:39:39 -0400

The WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning (webdav) in the  Applications
Area has concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Hardie and Lisa Dusseault.

The work on WebDAV began in the summer of 1996, and the working
group was officially chartered on March 20th of 1997. During the
10 years of WebDAV's work, it produced a core specification, RFC 2518,
as well as work on work on ordered collections, access control, and
related capabilities (RFCs 3648, 3744, 4331, and 4437). The first working
group draft of an update to RFC 2518 was published in October of 2001,
and new versions have been produced in response to interoperability
testing and deployment. With the approval of draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis,
the working group will close. The working group mailing list will remain
open, for discussion of individual submissions and as a general resource
to the community.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce