Subject: IETF 71 Venue & Host Announcement

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:05:05 -0500

The IETF is pleased to announce its selection of Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, USA as the site of IETF 71 being held March 9th through
the14th in 2008.  Philadelphia claims to be "America's Birthplace" as the
location where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were
drafted. It is also home to the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's residence and
our Host.

We are especially pleased that Comcast will be the Host and the Welcome
Reception Sponsor for IETF 71.  

"Comcast is very excited to host IETF 71, and particularly to host it in
Philadelphia, where our company's headquarters are located.  The IETF
leads work on the open standards on which the Internet is based and which
have accelerated the growth and innovation in data communications.  We're
pleased to be able to support the IETF," said John Schanz, Executive Vice
President, National Engineering and Technical Operations, from Comcast
Cable.

The meeting will take place at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown which
is located in the heart of Center City within 8 blocks of Independence
Hall and the Liberty Bell, and 9 miles from the Philadelphia International
Airport.

Philadelphia is a year away, but in 2 weeks we are looking forward to
seeing you in Prague.  Have you registered? Early Bird registration with
its $600 registration fee expires March 9th! If you have not registered,
delay no longer! http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/68-IETF.html

You may also want to look at the 68Commons Wiki for Meeting, Travel and
Prague information - http://community.ietf.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

Thanks Comcast and we'll see you in Prague!

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

Links of Interest:

Comcast - http://www.comcast.com/
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown -
http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/phldt-philadelphia-marriott-downtown/  
[Make sure to mention IETF when you register]
Philadelphia - http://www.gophila.com/

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce