Subject: Last Call: draft-williams-on-channel-binding (On the Use of Channel Bindings to Secure Channels) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:44:04 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'On the Use of Channel Bindings to Secure Channels '
   <draft-williams-on-channel-binding-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

   The introduction of this draft implies that the facility being
  discussed applies only to GSS-API.  That is not the case and the rest
   of the draft is clear on this point; this draft proposes to generalize
   and clarify a facility that exists today in GSS-API both for GSS-API
   use and for other authentication frameworks.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-04-11. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-williams-on-channel-binding-01.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=15078&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce