Subject: Protocol Action: 'Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6)' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:24:15 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Neighbor Discovery for IP version 6 (IPv6) '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-11.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-11.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the Neighbor Discovery protocol for IP
   Version 6.  IPv6 nodes on the same link use Neighbor Discovery to
   discover each other's presence, to determine each other's link-layer
   addresses, to find routers and to maintain reachability information
   about the paths to active neighbors.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document is a work item of the IPV6 WG.  There is strong WG
   consensus to move this protocol to Draft Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman
   and Jari Arkko.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please change this:

  OLD:
  Once the host sends a Router Solicitation, and receives a valid
  Router Advertisement with a non-zero Router Lifetime, the host MUST
  desist from sending additional solicitations on that interface, until
  the next time one of the above events occurs.  Moreover, a host
  SHOULD send at least one solicitation in the case where an
  advertisement is received prior to having sent a solicitation.
  Responses to solicited advertisements are expected to contain complete
  information.
  NEW:
  Once the host sends a Router Solicitation, and receives a valid
  Router Advertisement with a non-zero Router Lifetime, the host MUST
  desist from sending additional solicitations on that interface, until
  the next time one of the above events occurs.  Moreover, a host
  SHOULD send at least one solicitation in the case where an
  advertisement is received prior to having sent a solicitation.
  Responses to solicited advertisements may contain more information 
  than unsolicited advertisements.

  and change this:

  OLD:
   EMail: [email-masked]
          [email-masked]
  NEW:
   EMail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce