Subject: RFC 4765 on The Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format (IDMEF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:39:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4765

        Title:      The Intrusion Detection Message Exchange 
                    Format (IDMEF) 
        Author:     H. Debar, D. Curry,
                    B. Feinstein
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      157
        Characters: 307966
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idwg-idmef-xml-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4765.txt

The purpose of the Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format
(IDMEF) is to define data formats and exchange procedures for sharing
information of interest to intrusion detection and response systems
and to the management systems that may need to interact with them.

This document describes a data model to represent information
exported by intrusion detection systems and explains the rationale
for using this model.  An implementation of the data model in the
Extensible Markup Language (XML) is presented, an XML Document Type
Definition is developed, and examples are provided.  This memo defines an 
Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce