Subject: RFC 4767 on The Intrusion Detection Exchange Protocol (IDXP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:39:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4767

        Title:      The Intrusion Detection Exchange Protocol 
                    (IDXP) 
        Author:     B. Feinstein, G. Matthews
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 56048
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idwg-beep-idxp-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4767.txt

This memo describes the Intrusion Detection Exchange Protocol (IDXP),
an application-level protocol for exchanging data between intrusion
detection entities.  IDXP supports mutual-authentication, integrity,
and confidentiality over a connection-oriented protocol.  The
protocol provides for the exchange of IDMEF messages, unstructured
text, and binary data.  The IDMEF message elements are described in
RFC 4765, "The Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Format (IDMEF)", a
companion document of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format Working
Group (IDWG) of the IETF.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce