Subject: Protocol Action: 'Change Process for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocols and Procedures' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:06:58 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Change Process for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and 
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocols and Procedures '
   <draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-08.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Brian Carpenter.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andersson-rtg-gmpls-change-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document defines a flexible and responsive process for the IETF
   to handle suggestions for extensions to the MPLS and GMPLS protocols,
   and clarifies the IETF's responsibility to supervise the growth and
   evolution of MPLS and GMPLS protocols.

   The process allows individuals, IETF working groups, and external
   standards bodies to influence the development of the MPLS and GMPLS
   standards.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This is not a WG document but it has been discussed on the
   Routing Area list, and the MPLS and CCAMP WGs have been made
   aware of it. Discussions were also held with multiple participants
   in ITU-T. IETF Last Call comments have been incorporated.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   Reviewed by Brian Carpenter for the IESG.

Personnel
 
   Responsible AD and document shepherd is Brian Carpenter.

RFC Editor Note
 
In section 2.2 please update as follows:

OLD:

  The Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) and Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) working groups have
  been chartered to specify a limited number of solutions for Provider
  Provisioned VPNs. Both working groups are in the Internet Area. The
  work of the L2VPN and L3VPN working groups does not include
  specifying new protocols or extensions to existing protocols. If
  extensions are needed, the procedures as specified by their charters
  and the IETF's standard processes are applicable.

NEW:

  The Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN) and Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN) working groups have
  been chartered to specify a limited number of solutions for Provider
  Provisioned VPNs. Both working groups are in the Internet Area. Much of
  the work of the L2VPN and L3VPN working groups does not include
  specifying new protocols or extensions to existing protocols. Where
  extensions are needed, the procedures as specified by their charters
  and the IETF's standard processes are applicable.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce