Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional Router Capabilities' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:34:37 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extensions to OSPF for Advertising Optional Router Capabilities '
   <draft-ietf-ospf-cap-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-cap-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to
   know the capabilities of their neighbors and other routers in the
   routing domain.  This draft proposes extensions to OSPFv2 and OSPFv3
   for advertising optional router capabilities.  A new Router
   Information (RI) LSA is proposed for this purpose.  In OSPFv2, the RI
   LSA will be implemented with a new opaque LSA type ID.  In OSPFv3,
   the RI LSA will be implemented with a new LSA type function code.  In
   both protocols, the RI LSA can be advertised at any of the defined
   flooding scopes (link, area, or AS).
 
Working Group Summary
 
  There was WG Consensus to advance this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Bill Fenner and Rohit Dube (PROTO shepherd) have reviewed this
  document.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce