Subject: RFC 4766 on Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:39:47 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4766

        Title:      Intrusion Detection Message Exchange Requirements 
        Author:     M. Wood, M. Erlinger
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 50816
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idwg-requirements-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4766.txt

The purpose of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format Working Group
(IDWG) is to define data formats and exchange procedures for sharing
information of interest to intrusion detection and response systems
and to the management systems that may need to interact with them.
This document describes the high-level requirements for such a
communication mechanism, including the rationale for those
requirements where clarification is needed.  Scenarios are used to
illustrate some requirements.  This memo provides information for the 
Internet community.

This document is a product of the Intrusion Detection Exchange Format
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce