Subject: RFC 4808 on Key Change Strategies for TCP-MD5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:43:25 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4808

        Title:      Key Change Strategies for TCP-MD5 
        Author:     S. Bellovin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 14939
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-bellovin-keyroll2385-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4808.txt

The TCP-MD5 option is most commonly used to secure BGP sessions
between routers.  However, changing the long-term key is difficult,
since the change needs to be synchronized between different
organizations.  We describe single-ended strategies that will permit
(mostly) unsynchronized key changes.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce