Subject: WG Action: Conclusion of Profiling Use of PKI in IPSEC (pki4ipsec)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:50:02 -0400

The Profiling Use of PKI in IPSEC WG (pki4ipsec) in the Security Area has
concluded.

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley, Tim Polk, and Sam Hartman.

The mailing list will be closed.

The PKI4IPsec WG was chartered to work on three documents.

1) A standards-track document that gives specific instructions on
how X.509 certificates should be handled with respect to the
IKEv1 and IKEv2 protocols.

2) An informational document identifying and describing requirements
for a profile of a certificate management protocol to handle PKI
enrollment as well as certificate lifecycle interactions between
IPsec VPN systems and PKI systems.

3) A standards-track document describing a detailed profile of the
CMC (Certificate Management Messages over CMS protocol, RFC 2797)
that meets the requirements laid out in the requirements document.

The first two documents are complete, but there is no interest in
development of the third document. The PKI4IPsec WG is being closed
without this work ever getting started.

Thanks to all who participated, especially the WG Chairs and document
editors.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce