Subject: RFC 4817 on Encapsulation of MPLS over Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 17:57:28 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4817

        Title:      Encapsulation of MPLS over Layer 
                    2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 
        Author:     M. Townsley, C. Pignataro,
                    S. Wainner, T. Seely,
                    J. Young
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26538
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mpls-over-l2tpv3-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4817.txt

The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, Version 3 (L2TPv3) defines a
protocol for tunneling a variety of payload types over IP networks.
This document defines how to carry an MPLS label stack and its
payload over the L2TPv3 data encapsulation.  This enables an
application that traditionally requires an MPLS-enabled core network,
to utilize an L2TPv3 encapsulation over an IP network instead.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multiprotocol Label Switching
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce