Subject: RFC 4811 on OSPF Out-of-Band Link State Database (LSDB) Resynchronization

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:12:43 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4811

        Title:      OSPF Out-of-Band Link State Database 
                    (LSDB) Resynchronization 
        Author:     L. Nguyen, A. Roy,
                    A. Zinin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18976
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4811.txt

OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in IP
networks.  Link State Database (LSDB) synchronization in OSPF is
achieved via two methods -- initial LSDB synchronization when an OSPF
router has just been connected to the network and asynchronous
flooding that ensures continuous LSDB synchronization in the presence
of topology changes after the initial procedure was completed.  It may
sometime be necessary for OSPF routers to resynchronize their LSDBs.
The OSPF standard, however, does not allow routers to do so without
actually changing the topology view of the network.

This memo describes a vendor-specific mechanism to perform such a form
of out-of-band LSDB synchronization.  The mechanism described in this
document was proposed before Graceful OSPF Restart, as described in
RFC 3623, came into existence.  It is implemented/supported by at
least one major vendor and is currently deployed in the field.  The
purpose of this document is to capture the details of this mechanism
for public use.  This mechanism is not an IETF standard.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce