Subject: RFC 4812 on OSPF Restart Signaling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 02:12:36 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4812

        Title:      OSPF Restart Signaling 
        Author:     L. Nguyen, A. Roy,
                    A. Zinin
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 12111
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4812.txt

OSPF is a link-state intra-domain routing protocol used in
IP networks.  Routers find new and detect unreachable neighbors via
the Hello subprotocol.  Hello OSPF packets are also used to ensure
two-way connectivity within time.  When a router restarts its OSPF
software, it may not know its neighbors.  If such a router sends a
Hello packet on an interface, its neighbors are going to reset the
adjacency, which may not be desirable in certain conditions.

This memo describes a vendor-specific mechanism that allows OSPF
routers to inform their neighbors about the restart process.  Note
that this mechanism requires support from neighboring routers.  The
mechanism described in this document was proposed before Graceful
OSPF Restart, as described in RFC 3623, came into existence.  It is
implemented/supported by at least one major vendor and is currently 
deployed in the field.  The purpose of this document is to capture the
details of this mechanism for public use.  This mechanism is not an IETF
standard.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce