Subject: Document Action: 'A URN Namespace for GEANT' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:43:08 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A URN Namespace for GEANT '
   <draft-kalin-geant-urn-namespace-01.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Ted Hardie.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kalin-geant-urn-namespace-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
    This document describes a proposed URN (Uniform Resource Name)
    namespace that would be managed by DANTE, representing European
    Research and academic networks, for naming persistent resources
    defined by GEANT, the Consortium of European R&E networks, its
    projects, activities, working groups    and other designated
    subordinates.(What does this protocol do and why does the community
need it?)
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This document was not produced by an IETF working group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document was reviewed by the URN NID list.  The Responsible
 area director is Ted Hardie.

Note to RFC Editor
 
 OLD:

other           =   "(" / ")" / "+" / "," / "-" / "." /

                               "=" / "@" / ";" / "$" /

                               "_" / "!" / "*" / "'"

NEW:

other           =   "(" / ")" / "+" / "," / "-" / "." /
                               "=" / "@" / ";" / "$" /
                               "_" / "!" / "*" / "'"

Please also update:

[2]  Crocker, D. and P. Overell, "Augmented BNF for Syntax
         Specifications: ABNF", RFC 2234, November 1997.

to RFC 4234.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce