Subject: Protocol Action: 'Support for Multiple Hash Algorithms in Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGAs)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 18:19:17 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Support for Multiple Hash Algorithms in Cryptographically Generated 
   Addresses (CGAs) '
   <draft-bagnulo-multiple-hash-cga-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bagnulo-multiple-hash-cga-03.txt

Technical Summary

  This document analyzes the implications of recent attacks on commonly
  used one-way hash functions on Cryptographically Generated Addresses
  (CGAs) and updates RFC 3972 to support multiple hash algorithms.  An
  IANA registry is established to register hash functions for CGAs.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the result of any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  The protocol is designed to "future-proof" CGAs against attacks that
  have not yet occurred.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce