Subject: RFC 4852 on IPv6 Enterprise Network Analysis - IP Layer 3 Focus

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:27:07 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4852

        Title:      IPv6 Enterprise Network Analysis - 
                    IP Layer 3 Focus 
        Author:     J. Bound, Y. Pouffary,
                    S. Klynsma, T. Chown,
                    D. Green
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 76199
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-ent-analysis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4852.txt

This document analyzes the transition to IPv6 in enterprise networks
focusing on IP Layer 3.  These networks are characterized as having
multiple internal links and one or more router connections to
one or more Providers, and as being managed by a network operations 
entity. The analysis focuses on a base set of transition notational 
networks and requirements expanded from a previous document on enterprise
scenarios.  Discussion is provided on a focused set of transition
analysis required for the enterprise to transition to IPv6, assuming a
Dual-IP layer (IPv4 and IPv6) network and node environment within the
enterprise.  Then, a set of transition mechanisms are recommended for
each notational network.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce