Subject: RFC 4823 on FTP Transport for Secure Peer-to-Peer Business Data Interchange over the Internet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:06:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4823

        Title:      FTP Transport for Secure Peer-to-Peer 
                    Business Data Interchange over the Internet 
        Author:     T. Harding, R. Scott
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 80992
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ediint-as3-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4823.txt

This Applicability Statement (AS) describes how to exchange structured
business data securely using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) for XML,
Binary, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI - ANSI X12 or UN/EDIFACT), or
other data used for business-to-business data interchange for which
MIME packaging can be accomplished using standard MIME content types.
Authentication and data confidentiality are obtained by using
Cryptographic Message Syntax (S/MIME) security body parts.
Authenticated acknowledgements employ multipart/signed replies to the
original message.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

This document is a product of the Electronic Data Interchange-Internet 
Integration Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce