Subject: RFC 4850 on Declarative Public Extension Key for Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) Node Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:10:47 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4850

        Title:      Declarative Public Extension Key for 
                    Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) 
                    Node Architecture 
        Author:     D. Wysochanski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16430
        Updates:    RFC3720
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-nodearch-key-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4850.txt

The Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) protocol,
described in RFC 3720, allows for extension
items to the protocol in the form of Private or Public Extension
Keys.  This document describes a Public Extension Key for the
purpose of enhancing iSCSI supportability.  The key accomplishes this
objective by allowing iSCSI nodes to communicate architecture details
during the iSCSI login sequence.  The receiving node can then use
this information for enhanced logging and support.  This document
updates RFC 3720 to allow iSCSI extension items to be defined by
standards track RFCs and experimental RFCs in addition to
informational RFCs.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Storage
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce