Subject: Protocol Action: 'Definitions of Managed Objects for iSNS (Internet Storage Name Service)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:48:19 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definitions of Managed Objects for iSNS (Internet Storage Name 
   Service) '
   <draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Storage Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-isns-mib-11.txt

Technical Summary

The iSNS protocol provides storage name service functionality on 
an IP network that is being used for iSCSI or iFCP storage. This 
draft provides a mechanism to monitor multiple iSNS Servers, 
including information about registered objects in an iSNS 
Server. 

Working Group Summary

This MIB was originally undertaken as a MIB for monitoring and
configuration of both iSNS servers and clients, but ran into
significant complexity and structural issues. The scope of the
MIB was reduced to server monitoring in order, as that comprised
most of the interest in (and perceived value of) the MIB.

Protocol Quality

The document has been reviewed for the WG by Keith McCloghrie.

Personnel

David Black was the document shepherd for this document. Bert
Wijnen was the MIB doctor. Lars Eggert has reviewed this
document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce