Subject: RFC 4834 on Requirements for Multicast in Layer 3 Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:08:59 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4834

        Title:      Requirements for Multicast in Layer 
                    3 Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks 
                    (PPVPNs) 
        Author:     T. Morin, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 80341
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l3vpn-ppvpn-mcast-reqts-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4834.txt

This document presents a set of functional requirements for network
solutions that allow the deployment of IP multicast within Layer 3
(L3) Provider-Provisioned Virtual Private Networks (PPVPNs).  It
specifies requirements both from the end user and service provider
standpoints.  It is intended that potential solutions specifying the
support of IP multicast within such VPNs will use these requirements
as guidelines.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce