Subject: RFC 4835 on Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:38:22 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4835

        Title:      Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements 
                    for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and 
                    Authentication Header (AH)
        Author:     V. Manral
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21492
        Obsoletes:  RFC4305
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4835.txt

The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Encapsulating
Security Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) provide two
mechanisms for protecting data being sent over an IPsec Security
Association (SA).  To ensure interoperability between disparate
implementations, it is necessary to specify a set of
mandatory-to-implement algorithms to ensure that there is at least one
algorithm that all implementations will have available.  This document 
defines the current set of mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and 
AH as well as specifying algorithms that should be implemented because
they may be promoted to mandatory at some future time.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce