Subject: Protocol Action: 'IANA Registration for vCard Enumservice' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:27:57 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IANA Registration for vCard Enumservice '
   <draft-ietf-enum-vcard-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Telephone Number Mapping Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-vcard-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
The document proposes an Enumservice to refer from an E.164 number to URIs
addressing "vCards" (electronic business cards). The document considers 3
different formats for those vCards, and uses http/https URIs to access
those cards. 
 
Working Group Summary
 
Generally, this document is part of a series of straightforward
Enumservice registrations which are handled by the ENUM WG according to
the registration process in RFC 3761.

The document was on the schedule of two ENUM WG sessions, and has
generally enjoyed the appreciation of the group. Most concerns were
related to the  potential issues of publishing PII data - subsequent
revisions of the document addressed those concerns.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. An experimental
implementation based on the Asterisk soft-PBX is currently under
development by the author.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce