Subject: RFC 4847 on Framework and Requirements for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:58:35 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4847

        Title:      Framework and Requirements for Layer 
                    1 Virtual Private Networks 
        Author:     T. Takeda, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 85807
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l1vpn-framework-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4847.txt

This document provides a framework and service level requirements
for Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (L1VPNs).  This framework is
intended to aid in developing and standardizing protocols and
mechanisms to support interoperable L1VPNs.

The document examines motivations for L1VPNs, high level (service
level) requirements, and outlines some of the architectural models
that might be used to build L1VPNs.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce