Subject: BCP0079 RFC 4879 on Clarification of the Third Party Disclosure Procedure in RFC 3979

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:21:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 79        
        RFC 4879

        Title:      Clarification of the Third Party 
                    Disclosure Procedure in RFC 3979 
        Author:     T. Narten
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 5570

        I-D Tag:    draft-narten-ipr-3979-3rd-party-fix-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4879.txt

This document clarifies and updates a single sentence in RFC
3979.  Specifically, when third party Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) 
disclosures are made, the intention is that the IETF Executive Director 
notify the IPR holder that a third party disclosure has been filed, and 
to ask the IPR holder whether they have any disclosure that needs to be 
made, per applicable RFC 3979 rules.  This document specifies an 
Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests 
discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

 RFC 3979 
        Author:     T. Narten
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 5570

        I-D Tag:    draft-narten-ipr-3979-3rd-party-fix-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4879.txt

This document clarifies and updates a single sentence in RFC
3979.  Specifically, when third party Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) 
disclosures are made, the intention is that the IETF Executive Director 
notify the IPR holder that a third party disclosure has been filed, and 
to ask the IPR holder whether they have any disclosure that needs to be 
made, per applicable RFC 3979 rules.  This document specifies an 
Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests 
discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

 RFC 3979 
        Author:     T. Narten
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      4
        Characters: 5570

        I-D Tag:    draft-narten-ipr-3979-3rd-party-fix-00.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4879.txt

This document clarifies and updates a single sentence in RFC
3979.  Specifically, when third party Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) 
disclosures are made, the intention is that the IETF Executive Director 
notify the IPR holder that a third party disclosure has been filed, and 
to ask the IPR holder whether they have any disclosure that needs to be 
made, per applicable RFC 3979 rules.  This document specifies an 
Internet Best Current Practices for the Internet Community, and requests 
discussion and suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce