Subject: RFC 4849 on RADIUS Filter Rule Attribute

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:58:23 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4849

        Title:      RADIUS Filter Rule Attribute 
        Author:     P. Congdon, M. Sanchez,
                    B. Aboba
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18162
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-filter-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4849.txt

While RFC 2865 defines the Filter-Id attribute,
it requires that the Network Access Server (NAS) be pre-populated with
the desired filters.  However, in situations where the server operator
does not know which filters have been pre-populated, it is useful to
specify filter rules explicitly.  This document defines the
NAS-Filter-Rule attribute within the Remote Authentication Dial In
User Service (RADIUS).  This attribute is based on the Diameter
NAS-Filter-Rule Attribute Value Pair (AVP) described in RFC 4005, and
the IPFilterRule syntax defined in RFC 3588.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce