Subject: RFC 4838 on Delay-Tolerant Networking Architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:38:05 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4838

        Title:      Delay-Tolerant Networking Architecture 
        Author:     V. Cerf, S. Burleigh,
                    A. Hooke, L. Torgerson,
                    R. Durst, K. Scott,
                    K. Fall, H. Weiss
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 89265
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-dtnrg-arch-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4838.txt

This document describes an architecture for delay-tolerant and
disruption-tolerant networks, and is an evolution of the architecture
originally designed for the Interplanetary Internet, a communication
system envisioned to provide Internet-like services across
interplanetary distances in support of deep space exploration.  This
document describes an architecture that addresses a variety of
problems with internetworks having operational and performance
characteristics that make conventional (Internet-like) networking
approaches either unworkable or impractical.  We define a message-
oriented overlay that exists above the transport (or other) layers of
the networks it interconnects.  The document presents a motivation
for the architecture, an architectural overview, review of state
management required for its operation, and a discussion of
application design issues.  This document represents the consensus of
the IRTF DTN research group and has been widely reviewed by that group.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce