Subject: RFC 4829 on Label Switched Path (LSP) Preemption Policies for MPLS Traffic Engineering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:06:51 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4829

        Title:      Label Switched Path (LSP) Preemption 
                    Policies for MPLS Traffic Engineering 
        Author:     J. de Oliveira, Ed.,
                    JP. Vasseur, Ed.,
                    L. Chen, C. Scoglio
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       April 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 43892
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-deoliveira-diff-te-preemption-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4829.txt

When the establishment of a higher priority (Traffic Engineering
Label Switched Path) TE LSP requires the preemption of a set of lower
priority TE LSPs, a node has to make a local decision to select which
TE LSPs will be preempted.  The preempted LSPs are then rerouted by
their respective \%Head-end Label Switch Router (LSR).  This document
presents a flexible policy that can be used to achieve different
objectives: preempt the lowest priority LSPs; preempt the minimum
number of LSPs; preempt the set of TE LSPs that provide the closest
amount of bandwidth to the required bandwidth for the preempting TE
LSPs (to minimize bandwidth wastage); preempt the LSPs that will have
the maximum chance to get rerouted.  Simulation results are given and
a comparison among several different policies, with respect to
preemption cascading, number of preempted LSPs, priority, wasted
bandwidth and blocking probability is also included.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce