Subject: RFC 4902 on Integrity, Privacy, and Security in Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) for SMTP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:19:58 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4902

        Title:      Integrity, Privacy, and Security in 
                    Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) for 
                    SMTP 
        Author:     M. Stecher
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30120
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-opes-smtp-security-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4902.txt

The Open Pluggable Edge Services (OPES) framework is application
agnostic.  Application-specific adaptations extend that framework.
Previous work has focused on HTTP and work for SMTP is in progress.
These protocols differ fundamentally in the way data flows, and it
turns out that existing OPES requirements and IAB considerations for
OPES need to be reviewed with regards to how well they fit for SMTP
adaptation.  This document analyzes aspects about the integrity of
SMTP and mail message adaptation by OPES systems and about privacy and
security issues when the OPES framework is adapted to SMTP.  It also lists
requirements that must be considered when creating the "SMTP
adaptation with OPES" document.

The intent of this document is to capture this information before the
current OPES working group shuts down.  This is to provide input for
subsequent working groups or individual contributors that may pick up
the OPES/SMTP work at a later date.  This memo provides information for 
the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Open Pluggable Edge Services
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce