Subject: Last Call: draft-ietf-pana-framework (Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) Framework) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:15:08 -0400

The IESG has received a request from the Protocol for carrying 
Authentication for Network Access WG (pana) to consider the following
documents:

- 'Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) '
   <draft-ietf-pana-pana-15.txt> as a Proposed Standard
- 'Protocol for Carrying Authentication for Network Access (PANA) 
   Framework '
   <draft-ietf-pana-framework-08.txt> as an Informational RFC

This is a second IETF Last Call for these documents. During the previous
Last Call, a number of objections were raised on these documents. It
has been exactly one year since these objections were raised, and
the PANA WG has been busy working to address the community's 
concerns. The protocol and resulting documentation has been 
simplified in the process. A high-level summary of changes may be 
found here: 

http://panasec.org/docs/listof-changes.txt

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks on these
documents, and solicits final comments on this action.  Please send 
substantive comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-06-07. 
Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either 
case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated 
sorting.

The files can be obtained via

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-framework-08.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-pana-15.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=11776&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce