Subject: Protocol Action: 'Extended Kerberos Version 5 Key Distribution Center (KDC) Exchanges Over TCP' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:29:03 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Extended Kerberos Version 5 Key Distribution Center (KDC) Exchanges 
   Over TCP '
   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Kerberos Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sam Hartman and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-krb-wg-tcp-expansion-02.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes an extensibility mechanism for the Kerberos
   v5 protocol when used over TCP transports.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document represents the consensus of the Kerberos Working
   Group.  There was a concern raised by at least one person that this
   document should  not be advanced until there was at least one
   extension that intended to use it.  The consensus of the WG was that
   the document was sufficiently mature to be a proposed standard.

Protocol Quality
 
   At least one implementor has indicated an intent to implement both
   this extension mechanism and an extension which makes use of it.
   Others have indicated no current plans to do so, but this is not
   surprising given the (current) lack of standards-track extensions
   which make use of this mechanism.
   The document shepherd for this document was Jeffrey Hutzelman.
   The responsible Area Director was Sam Hartman

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce