Subject: RFC 4826 on Extensible Markup Language (XML) Formats for Representing Resource Lists

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:41:14 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4826

        Title:      Extensible Markup Language (XML) Formats 
                    for Representing Resource Lists 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 68850
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-xcap-list-usage-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4826.txt

In multimedia communications, presence, and instant messaging
systems, there is a need to define Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URIs) that represent services that are associated with a group of
users.  One example is a resource list service.  If a user sends a
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) SUBSCRIBE message to the URI
representing the resource list service, the server will obtain the
state of the users in the associated group, and provide it to the
sender.  To facilitate definition of these services, this
specification defines two Extensible Markup Language (XML) documents.
One document contains service URIs, along with their service
definition and a reference to the associated group of users.  The
second document contains the user lists that are referenced from the
first.  This list of users can be utilized by other applications and
services.  Both documents can be created and managed with the XML
Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence 
Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce