Subject: RFC 4851 on The Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible Authentication Protocol Method (EAP-FAST)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 15:59:47 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4851

        Title:      The Flexible Authentication via Secure 
                    Tunneling Extensible Authentication Protocol Method 
                    (EAP-FAST) 
        Author:     N. Cam-Winget, D. McGrew,
                    J. Salowey, H. Zhou
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 131460
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4851.txt

This document defines the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
based Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST)
protocol.  EAP-FAST is an EAP method that enables secure
communication between a peer and a server by using the Transport
Layer Security (TLS) to establish a mutually authenticated tunnel.
Within the tunnel, Type-Length-Value (TLV) objects are used to convey
authentication related data between the peer and the EAP server.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce