Subject: RFC Editor Contract Concluded

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:00:12 -0400

The IAOC announces that an agreement has been concluded between the
Internet Society and the University of Southern California for the
provision of RFC Editor services for two years beginning January 1, 2007.

The Information Sciences Institute at USC has been providing RFC Editor
services under contract with the Internet Society since October 1998. This
is the first time the contract was open for competitive bidding.

In addition, to ensure clarity of rights of use for RFCs published before
October 1, 1998, the University has granted the Internet Society a license
which the Internet Society will in turn provide to the IETF Trust.

The IAOC looks forward to working with the IAB, and the ISI team in the
delivery of quality RFCs in an expeditious manner for the IETF and
Internet community.

Contract details will be available in two weeks at
http://www1.tools.ietf.org/group/iaoc/.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce