Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Version 6 over PPP' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:51:06 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Version 6 over PPP '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-03.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-03.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) provides a standard method of 
  encapsulating Network Layer protocol information over  
  point-to-point links.  PPP also defines an extensible Link Control  
  Protocol, and proposes a family of Network Control Protocols  
  (NCPs) for establishing and configuring different network-layer  
  protocols. 
    
  This document defines the method for sending IPv6 packets over PPP 
  links, the NCP for establishing and configuring the IPv6 over PPP  
  and the method for forming IPv6 link-local addresses on PPP links. 
  It also specifies the conditions for performing Duplicate Address 
  Detection on IPv6 global unicast addresses configured for PPP 
  links either through stateful or stateless address 
  autoconfiguration. 

Working Group Summary
 
  The IPv6 working group has reviewed this document and it
  reflects the consensus of the group.
 
Protocol Quality
 
  This specification has been reviewed for the IESG by
  Margaret Wasserman. In the working group, it was
  reviewed by the members of the mailing list and by
  the working group chairs.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please move reference [4] (IANA assigned numbers)
  to be informative.

  Please replace reference [5] with the following:

     [5] IEEE, "Guidelines For 64-bit Global Identifier (EUI-64)", 
         http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/tutorials/EUI64.html

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce