Subject: RFC 4865 on SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message Release

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:40:09 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4865

        Title:      SMTP Submission Service Extension for 
                    Future Message Release 
        Author:     G. White, G. Vaudreuil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21495
        Updates:    RFC3463, RFC3464
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4865.txt

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP submission protocol for a
client to indicate a future time for the message to be released for
delivery.  This extension permits a client to use server-based
storage for a message that should be held in queue until an
appointed time in the future.  This is useful for clients which do
not have local storage or are otherwise unable to release a message
for delivery at an appointed time.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
RFC-EDITOR@3 2007
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:40:09 -0700
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 4865 on SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message
	Release

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4865

        Title:      SMTP Submission Service Extension for 
                    Future Message Release 
        Author:     G. White, G. Vaudreuil
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21495
        Updates:    RFC3463, RFC3464
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4865.txt

This memo defines an extension to the SMTP submission protocol for a
client to indicate a future time for the message to be released for
delivery.  This extension permits a client to use server-based
storage for a message that should be held in queue until an
appointed time in the future.  This is useful for clients which do
not have local storage or are otherwise unable to release a message
for delivery at an appointed time.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

RFC-EDITOR.ORG.  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce