Subject: RFC 4894 on Use of Hash Algorithms in Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and IPsec

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:40:05 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4894

        Title:      Use of Hash Algorithms in 
                    Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and IPsec 
        Author:     P. Hoffman
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22899
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hoffman-ike-ipsec-hash-use-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4894.txt

This document describes how the IKEv1 (Internet Key Exchange version
1), IKEv2, and IPsec protocols use hash functions, and explains the
level of vulnerability of these protocols to the reduced collision
resistance of the MD5 and SHA-1 hash algorithms.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce