Subject: RFC 4871 on DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:06:55 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4871

        Title:      DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures 
        Author:     E. Allman, J. Callas,
                    M. Delany, M. Libbey,
                    J. Fenton, M. Thomas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      71
        Characters: 166054
        Obsoletes:  RFC4870
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dkim-base-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4871.txt

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) defines a domain-level
authentication framework for email using public-key cryptography and
key server technology to permit verification of the source and
contents of messages by either Mail Transfer Agents (MTAs) or Mail
User Agents (MUAs).  The ultimate goal of this framework is to permit
a signing domain to assert responsibility for a message, thus
protecting message signer identity and the integrity of the messages
they convey while retaining the functionality of Internet email as it
is known today.  Protection of email identity may assist in the
global control of "spam" and "phishing".  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce