Subject: Protocol Action: 'Guidance for AAA Key Management' to BCP

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 11:27:24 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Guidance for AAA Key Management '
   <draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt-09.txt> as a BCP

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document provides guidance to designers of AAA key management
   protocols.  The guidance is also useful to designers of systems and
   solutions that include AAA key management protocols.  Given the
   complexity and difficulty in designing secure, long-lasting key
   management algorithms and protocols by experts in the field, it is
   almost certainly inappropriate for IETF working groups without deep
   expertise in the area to be designing their own key management
   algorithms and protocols based on Authentication, Authorization and
   Accounting (AAA) protocols.  The guidelines in this document apply to
   documents requesting publication as IETF RFCs.  Further, these
   guidelines will be useful to other standards development
   organizations (SDOs) that specify AAA key management.
 
Working Group Summary
 
    This is an individual submission.  It received significant last
    call comment and has been reviewed within the security and EAP
    communities.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This has been reviewed by Sam Hartman for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce