Subject: RFC 4876 on A Configuration Profile Schema for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)-Based Agents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 17:32:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4876

        Title:      A Configuration Profile Schema for 
                    Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)-Based 
                    Agents 
        Author:     B. Neal-Joslin, Ed.,
                    L. Howard, M. Ansari
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 73468
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-joslin-config-schema-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4876.txt

This document consists of two primary components, a schema for agents
that make use of the Lightweight Directory Access protocol (LDAP) and
a proposed use case of that schema, for distributed configuration of
similar directory user agents.  A set of attribute types and an
object class are proposed.  In the proposed use case, directory user
agents (DUAs) can use this schema to determine directory data
location and access parameters for specific services they support.
In addition, in the proposed use case, attribute and object class
mapping allows DUAs to reconfigure their expected (default) schema to
match that of the end user's environment.  This document is intended
to be a skeleton for future documents that describe configuration of
specific DUA services.  This memo provides information for the Internet 
community.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce