Subject: Protocol Action: 'RTP and the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:46:27 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP and the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) '
   <draft-ietf-dccp-rtp-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dccp-rtp-07.txt

Technical Summary

   The Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is a widely used
   transport for real-time multimedia on IP networks. The
   Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) is a newly
   defined transport protocol that provides desirable services
   for real-time applications. This memo specifies a mapping of
   RTP onto DCCP, along with associated signalling, such that
   real-time applications can make use of the services provided
   by DCCP.
    
Working Group Summary
 
   The consensus within the DCCP WG to publish this document as
   a draft standard RFC is strong.
   
Protocol Quality
 
   The document is clear and the mechanisms involved are fairly
   straight-forward and simple. There is believed to be at
   least one implementation in progress.

Personnel

   Tom Phelan ([email-masked]) was the document shepherd.
   Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed this document for
   the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce