Subject: Document Action: 'Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) and Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Reports' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:37:11 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Reducing Redundancy in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) and Packet 
   Sampling (PSAMP) Reports '
   <draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the IP Flow Information Export Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-reducing-redundancy-04.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document describes a bandwidth saving method for exporting
flow or packet information using the IP Flow Information Export
(IPFIX) protocol.  As the PSAMP protocol is based on IPFIX, these
considerations are valid for PSAMP exports as well.
This method works by separating information common to several flow
records from information specific to an individual flow record.
 
Working Group Summary
 
The WG discussed various ways to reduce redundancy in IPFIX records,
and has reached consensus on this document.  This document does not
require any changes to the IPFIX Protocol or Information Model. 

Protocol Quality
 
This document has been reviewed by by the IPFIX and PSAMP Working 
Group Chairs. Although it is an informational document the WG chairs
required for an IETF Last Call to be conducted, in order to make sure that
the content of the document refelcts the IETF community consensus. The
document was reviewed for the IESG by Dan Romascanu. 

Note to RFC Editor
 
 RFC Editor, please make the following editorial changes:

Section 6., page 16:

OLD:

   this SCTP assocation, it MUST reset the SCTP association,  
discard the

NEW: 

   this SCTP association, it MUST reset the SCTP association,  
discard the

Appendix A2, page 30: 

OLD:

   sourceTransportPort=2, destionationTransportPort=2,

NEW: 

   sourceTransportPort=2, destinationTransportPort=2,

and also:

OLD: 

destionationTransportPort=2, commonPropertiesID=4).  For a Flow of

NEW: 

destinationTransportPort=2, commonPropertiesID=4).  For a Flow of

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce