Subject: Document Action: 'The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:01:50 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set '
   <draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This submission updates the previous Dublin Core properties RFC.  That
RFC was Informational and the intended status of this is also
informational.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 Not a WG document. Note that the author is the same as it was for the
previous RFC.  

This was originally sent to the RFC Editor for publication, but since
there are Proposed Standards (e.g. WebDAV) that refer to the original
Dublin Core RFC, Lisa asked to shepherding through the IETF Informational
individual submission process so that it got an IETF Last Call.  That Last
Call announcement was sent to the WebDAV WG list for review.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Lisa Dusseault reviewed this for the IESG.  This document relates to
a set of properties not widely deployed (to my knowledge), but if they are
ever used more, then it makes sense to keep current with the Dublin Core
initiative.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce