Subject: Protocol Action: 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:47:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Stream Control Transmission Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Area Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document obsoletes RFC2960 [RFC2960] and describes the Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP). SCTP is designed to transport
   PSTN signaling messages over IP networks, but is capable of broader
   applications. SCTP is a reliable transport protocol operating on 
   top of a connectionless packet network such as IP. The design of SCTP
   includes appropriate congestion avoidance behavior and resistance
   to flooding and masquerade attacks. 

Working Group Summary
 
   There is strong consensus in the WG to publish this document among 
   those within TSVWG that are interested in SCTP. It has been reviewed 
   by several people in the WG last call. Comments raised has been
   addressed. 

Protocol Quality
 
   There are existing implementations of this protocol revision. Several 
   vendors appear to be ready to implement this protocol, if they have 
   not done so already.

Personnel

   James Polk is the document Shepherd. Lars Eggert is the responsible
   Area Director.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce