Subject: Protocol Action: 'Evidence Record Syntax (ERS)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:30:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) '
   <draft-ietf-ltans-ers-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Long-Term Archive and Notary 
Services Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-ers-14.txt

Technical Summary

  In many scenarios, users must be able prove the existence and
  integrity of data, including digitally signed data, in a common and
  reproducible way over a long and possibly undetermined period of time.
  This document specifies the syntax and processing of an Evidence
  Record, a structure designed to support long-term non-repudiation of
  existence of data.

Working Group Summary

  The LTANS WG reached consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  There exist several implementations of the specification.  At least
  two vendors have already run compatibility tests based on draft
  version 08, and they will run final tests after the publication of
  ERS.

  This document was reviewed by Tim Polk for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce