Subject: Protocol Action: 'iSCSI Corrections and Clarifications' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:53:14 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'iSCSI Corrections and Clarifications '
   <draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-impl-guide-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Storage Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-impl-guide-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   iSCSI is a SCSI transport protocol that maps the SCSI 
   architecture and command sets onto TCP/IP. RFC 3720 defines the 
   iSCSI protocol. This document compiles the clarifications to 
   the original protocol definition in RFC 3720 to serve as a 
   companion document for the iSCSI implementers. This document 
   updates RFC 3720 and the text in this document supersedes the 
   text in RFC 3720 when the two differ.  

Working Group Summary
 
   This document consists of clarification items collected during 
   a period of more than one year based on implementation experience. 
   A number of the items have engendered significant working group 
   discussion about the appropriate clarification or change. The 
   ips WG strongly supports the resulting clarifications and changes 
   in this document.  

Document Quality
 
   There are numerous implementations of iSCSI, and the entire 
   content of this document is based on issues that have arisen 
   from implementation experience. There are a large number of 
   individuals listed in the acknowledgements section who have 
   contributed to this document based on their expertise and/or 
   implementation experience. 

   David Black (ips WG chair) and Julian Satran (RFC 3720 editor) 
   have reviewed this document for the ips WG. IANA has performed
   an early review of the IANA actions.

Personnel 

   David Black is the Document Shepherd. Lars Eggert has reviewed
   this document for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce