Subject: RFC 4896 on Signaling Compression (SigComp) Corrections and Clarifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:03:45 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4896

        Title:      Signaling Compression (SigComp) Corrections and 
                    Clarifications 
        Author:     A. Surtees, M. West,
                    A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 58435
        Updates:    RFC3320, RFC3321, RFC3485
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-impl-guide-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4896.txt

This document describes common misinterpretations and some
ambiguities in the Signaling Compression Protocol (SigComp), and
offers guidance to developers to resolve any resultant problems.
SigComp defines a scheme for compressing messages generated by
application protocols such as the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
This document updates the following RFCs: RFC 3320, RFC 3321, and RFC
3485.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce