Subject: Document Action: 'Requirements for Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:12:54 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for Emergency Context Resolution with Internet 
   Technologies '
   <draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-13.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Emergency Context Resolution with 
Internet Technologies Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ecrit-requirements-13.txt

Technical Summary
 
This document defines terminology and enumerates requirements for the
context resolution of emergency calls placed by the public using
voice-over-IP (VoIP) and general Internet multimedia systems, where
Internet protocols are used end-to-end.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document received wide acceptance within the working group. There are
no aspects of fundamental controversy worth mentioning. 
 
Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Hannes
Tschofenig is the PROTO shepherd.

This is a requirements document. It places requirements on the design of
the mapping protocol and the Service URN draft.

The reviewers and contributors are listed in Section 11 and Section 12.
As it can be seen from the long list of names the document received
intensive reviews (also from other organizations working in the area of
emergency services).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce