Subject: Protocol Action: 'Feed Paging and Archiving' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:20:18 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Feed Paging and Archiving '
   <draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nottingham-atompub-feed-history-11.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This document is an important improvement on RFC4287, adding the ability
to download only part of a published Atom feed at a time.  Many servers
already provide only part of a feed (e.g. a blog with hundreds of archived
entries) when clients request the feed itself, and the information about
how to get the rest of the feed is *simply not there* with existing
standards (or if there, human-readable only).  
 
Working Group Summary
 
 Although this is not a WG document, it was reviewed by the members of the
AtomPub WG.  There was no significant dissent, and there was definitely
support for implementing it.  It's already implemented in Apache Abdera
project.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Lisa Dusseault reviewed for the IESG.  

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Please update the RSS reference URL as follows:

OLD:    [RSS2]                     Winer, D., "RSS 2.0 Specification",
                                   2005, <http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/
                                   tech/rss>.

NEW:    [RSS2]                     Winer, D., "RSS 2.0 Specification",
                                   2005, <http://www.rssboard.org/
                                   rss-specification>.

IANA Note

  The registry to be updated is
http://www.iana.org/assignments/link-relations.html -- there's an IANA
considerations section but it doesn't provide the direct registry link.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce