Subject: WG Action: RECHARTER: Kerberos (krb-wg)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:15:01 -0400

The charter of the Kerberos (krb-wg) working group in the Security Area
of the IETF has been updated. For additional information, please contact
the Area Directors or the working group Chairs.

+++

Kerberos (krb-wg)
===================

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Larry Zhu <[email-masked]>

Security Area Director(s):
Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>

Security Area Advisor
Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe ietf-krb-wg your_email_address
Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/krb-wg/

Description of Working Group:

Kerberos over the years has been ported to virtually every operating
system. There are at least two open source versions, with numerous
commercial versions based on these and other proprietary implementations.
Kerberos evolution has continued in recent years, with the development
of a new crypto framework, publication of a new version of the Kerberos
specification, support for initial authentication using public keys, and
numerous extensions developed in and out of the IETF.

However, wider deployment and advances in technology bring with them both
new challenges and new opportunities, particularly with regard to making
initial authentication of users to the Kerberos system both convenient
and secure. In addition, several key feature and Milestones:

Jul 2007 Ratify new WG charter and milestones
Dec 2007 Submit the BSR spec as a Proposed Standard to the IESG
Dec 2007 Submit the BSR MIB as a Proposed Standard to the IESG
Mar 2008 Submit a more reliable pim solution (refresh reduction) to
the IESG
Mar 2008 Submit a generic TLV PIM Join Attribute PS draft to the IESG
Mar 2008 Submit RPF Vector (use of PIM Join Attribute) as PS to the
IESG
Mar 2008 Submit a way to authenticate PIM link local messages as PS
to the IESG
Mar 2008 Submit an Informational PIM last hop threats document to the
IESG

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce