Subject: Document Action: 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extensions' to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:22:13 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Host Identity Protocol (HIP) Domain Name System (DNS) Extensions '
   <draft-ietf-hip-dns-09.txt> as an Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hip-dns-09.txt

Technical Summary

This document specifies a new resource record (RR) for the Domain
Name System (DNS), and how to use it with the Host Identity Protocol
(HIP.) This RR allows a HIP node to store in the DNS its Host
Identity (HI, the public component of the node public-private key
pair), Host Identity Tag (HIT, a truncated hash of its public key),
and the Domain Names of its rendezvous servers (RVS.)

Working Group Summary

Was there anything in WG process that is worth noting? For
example, was there controversy about particular points or
were there decisions where the consensus was particularly
rough?

No.

Document Quality

A number of vendors are already implementing this draft. The document was
reviewed by the DNS Directorate, with comments addressed in the latest
version.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce