Subject: Protocol Action: 'Ethernet in the First Mile Copper (EFMCu) Interfaces MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:09:22 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Ethernet in the First Mile Copper (EFMCu) Interfaces MIB '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-cu-mib-08.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document defines Management Information Base (MIB) modules for
   use with network management protocols in TCP/IP based internets.
   This document describes extensions to the Ethernet-like Interfaces
   MIB and MAU MIB modules with a set of objects for managing Ethernet
   in the First Mile Copper (EFMCu) interfaces 10PASS-TS and 2BASE-TL,
   defined in IEEE Std 802.3ah-2004 (note: IEEE Std 802.3ah-2004 has
   been integrated into IEEE Std 802.3-2005).  In addition a set of
   objects is defined, describing cross-connect capability of a managed
   device with multi-layer (stacked) interfaces, extending the stack
   management objects in the Interfaces Group MIB and the Inverted Stack
   Table MIB modules.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The process was somewhat time consuming because many of the 802.3
  domain experts do not attend the IETF f2f meetings on a regular basis
  anymore. Nevertheless, the WG chair believes that we have had
  sufficient participation from IETF and IEEE 802.3 people to request
  publication of this MIB document as a Proposed Standard. It is also 
  expected for this document to be the last work item before the Working
  Group conclusion. 

Protocol Quality
 
  Preliminary implementations have been claimed to exist. 

  Since various MIB doctors were active participants/reviewers, no
  dedicated MIB doctor review was performed. Well known MIB doctors who 
  have reviewed this document include Bert Wijnen, Dan Romascanu, Keith 
  McCloghrie, Mike Heard.

  In addition, the WGLC was forwarded to IEEE 802.3 and ADSLMIB WG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce