Subject: Document Action: 'Mobile IPv4 RADIUS requirements' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:41:07 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv4 RADIUS requirements '
   <draft-ietf-mip4-radius-requirements-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IPv4 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-radius-requirements-04.txt

Technical Summary

  This document defines a set of goals and a set of non-goals for
  RADIUS extensions to handle Mobile IPv4 key distribution.  Among
  the goals are the definition of new attributes, backwards 
  compatibility, and turning FAs and HAs into RADIUS clients.
  Among the non-goals are any RADIUS extensions to support security,
  transport reliability, or the size of the available message set.
  Together, the goals and non-goals serve to define and limit the
  scope of the Mobile IPv4 RADIUS work that will take place when
  this document is approved.

Working Group Summary

  The document completed last call in the mip4 working group in
  May, 2007. It was also reviewed by selected members of the 
  RADEXT working group
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor
 
  Section 3.1: In the first and third bullet item, it appears
  appropriate that the word "required" be upper-cased to denote its
  use as a normative declaration.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce