Subject: RFC 4986 on Requirements Related to DNS Security (DNSSEC) Trust Anchor Rollover

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:10:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4986

        Title:      Requirements Related to DNS Security 
                    (DNSSEC) Trust Anchor Rollover 
        Author:     H. Eland, R. Mundy,
                    S. Crocker, S. Krishnaswamy
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22647
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-rollover-requirements-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4986.txt

Every DNS security-aware resolver must have at least one Trust Anchor
to use as the basis for validating responses from DNS signed zones.
For various reasons, most DNS security-aware resolvers are expected
to have several Trust Anchors.  For some operations, manual
monitoring and updating of Trust Anchors may be feasible, but many
operations will require automated methods for updating Trust Anchors
in their security-aware resolvers.  This document identifies the
requirements that must be met by an automated DNS Trust Anchor
rollover solution for security-aware DNS resolvers.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce