Subject: RFC 4945 on The Internet IP Security PKI Profile of IKEv1/ISAKMP, IKEv2, and PKIX

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4945

        Title:      The Internet IP Security PKI 
                    Profile of IKEv1/ISAKMP, IKEv2, and PKIX 
        Author:     B. Korver
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 101495
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pki4ipsec-ikecert-profile-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4945.txt

The Internet Key Exchange (IKE) and Public Key Infrastructure for X.509
(PKIX) certificate profile both provide frameworks that must be
profiled for use in a given application.  This document provides a
profile of IKE and PKIX that defines the requirements for using PKI
technology in the context of IKE/IPsec.  The document complements
protocol specifications such as IKEv1 and IKEv2, which assume the
existence of public key certificates and related keying materials,
but which do not address PKI issues explicitly.  This document
addresses those issues.  The intended audience is implementers of PKI
for IPsec.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Profiling Use of PKI in IPSEC
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce