Subject: RFC 4948 on Report from the IAB workshop on Unwanted Traffic March 9-10, 2006

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:10:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4948

        Title:      Report from the IAB workshop 
                    on Unwanted Traffic March 9-10, 2006 
        Author:     L. Andersson, E. Davies,
                    L. Zhang
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 106199
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-iwout-report-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4948.txt

This document reports the outcome of a workshop held by the Internet
Architecture Board (IAB) on Unwanted Internet Traffic.  The workshop
was held on March 9-10, 2006 at USC/ISI in Marina del Rey, CA, USA.
The primary goal of the workshop was to foster interchange between
the operator, standards, and research communities on the topic of
unwanted traffic, as manifested in, for example, Distributed Denial
of Service (DDoS) attacks, spam, and phishing, to gain understandings
on the ultimate sources of these unwanted traffic, and to assess
their impact and the effectiveness of existing solutions.  It was
also a goal of the workshop to identify engineering and research
topics that could be undertaken by the IAB, the IETF, the IRTF, and
the network research and development community at large to develop
effective countermeasures against the unwanted traffic.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce