Subject: Document Action: 'IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Revision of the Nominating and Recall Committees Timeline' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:01:36 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Revision of 
   the Nominating and Recall Committees Timeline '
   <draft-dawkins-nomcom-start-earlier-02.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-nomcom-start-earlier-02.txt

Technical Summary

  RFC 3777 defines the Nominations and Recall Committee's operation, and
  includes a sample timeline for major steps in the NomCom process that
  meets the minimum normative requirements for the process.  Recent
  NomComs have been scheduling based on the sample timeline, and the
  chairs of the last three NomComs, Danny McPherson (2004-2005), Ralph
  Droms (2005-2006), and Andrew Lange (2006-2007) have all reported that
  this timeline is very aggressive and have all suggested starting
  earlier.  This document restructures the sample timeline, but makes no
  normative process changes.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of any IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  To the greatest extent possible, the recommendations in this document
  are being followed this year.  The NomCom Chair was named at the
  beginning of June 2007, which is later than suggested in this
  document, but earlier that previous years.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce