Subject: RFC 4985 on Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Subject Alternative Name for Expression of Service Name

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4985

        Title:      Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure 
                    Subject Alternative Name for Expression of 
                    Service Name 
        Author:     S. Santesson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 17868
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pkix-srvsan-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4985.txt

This document defines a new name form for inclusion in the otherName
field of an X.509 Subject Alternative Name extension that allows a
certificate subject to be associated with the service name and domain
name components of a DNS Service Resource Record.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509)
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce