Subject: Protocol Action: 'Presence Authorization Rules' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 10:27:26 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Presence Authorization Rules '
   <draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and 
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Cullen Jennings.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-rules-10.txt

Technical Summary
 
There are three functions in a presence system; namely subscriptions,
publishing and notifications. Authorization is a key function in presence
systems. Authorization policies, also known as authorization rules,
specify what presence information, when sending notifications, can be
given to which watchers, and when. This specification defines an XML
document format for expressing presence authorization rules. Such a
document can be manipulated by clients using XCAP, although other
techniques are permitted.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document reflects WG consensus. It defines the Presence Authorisation
rules. Censensus was particularly strong. This document heavily depends on
draft-ietf-geopriv-common-policy defined by the geopriv WG.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson. Hisham Khartabil
was the PROTO shepherd for this document. Gen-ART review was provided by
Pasi Eronen.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce