Subject: RFC 4987 on TCP SYN Flooding Attacks and Common Mitigations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4987

        Title:      TCP SYN Flooding Attacks and 
                    Common Mitigations 
        Author:     W. Eddy
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 48753
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-syn-flood-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4987.txt

This document describes TCP SYN flooding attacks, which have been
well-known to the community for several years.  Various
countermeasures against these attacks, and the trade-offs of each,
are described.  This document archives explanations of the attack and
common defense techniques for the benefit of TCP implementers and
administrators of TCP servers or networks, but does not make any
standards-level recommendations.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please coAuthors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce