Subject: RFC 5065 on Autonomous System Confederations for BGP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:36:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5065

        Title:      Autonomous System Confederations for BGP 
        Author:     P. Traina, D. McPherson,
                    J. Scudder
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28732
        Obsoletes:  RFC3065
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc3065bis-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5065.txt

The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is an inter-autonomous system
routing protocol designed for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP) networks.  BGP requires that all BGP speakers
within a single autonomous system (AS) must be fully meshed.  This
represents a serious scaling problem that has been well documented in
a number of proposals.

This document describes an extension to BGP that may be used to
create a confederation of autonomous systems that is represented as a
single autonomous system to BGP peers external to the confederation,
thereby removing the "full mesh" requirement.  The intention of this
extension is to aid in policy administration and reduce the
management complexity of maintaining a large autonomous system.

This document obsoletes RFC 3065.  [STANDARDSD TRACK]

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce