Subject: Last Call: draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-iana (DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) IANA Registry) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:54:29 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) IANA Registry'
   <draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-iana-00.txt> as an Informational RFC

DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) is a mechanism for distributing
DNSSEC trust anchors within the DNS protocol.  It is documented
in draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv.  This is a companion document that
describes the action necessary for IANA to implement DLV.

The IESG would like input from the IETF community on the following
questions related to this document:

  1.  Should it be published?

  2.  If so, there are two different tones that an approved document
      might carry.  Which of these represents the thinking of the
      community?

      (a)  These are the things that IANA would need to do to
           implement DLV, and the IETF is in favor of IANA doing
           them.

      (b)  These are the things that IANA would need to do to
           implement DLV, and IANA should follow them DLV is
           deployed at some time in the future.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-09-20. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-iana-00.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=16246&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce