Subject: Protocol Action: 'Bootstrap Router (BSR) Mechanism for PIM' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:59:08 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Bootstrap Router (BSR) Mechanism for PIM '
   <draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Protocol Independent Multicast 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Ward and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pim-sm-bsr-12.txt

Technical Summary
 
     This document specifies the Bootstrap Router (BSR) mechanism
     for the class of multicast routing protocols in the PIM
     (Protocol Independent Multicast) family that use the concept
     of a Rendezvous Point as a means for receivers to discover the
     sources that send to a particular multicast group.  BSR is one
     way that a multicast router can learn the set of group-to-RP
     mappings required in order to function.  The mechanism is
     dynamic, largely self-configuring, and robust to router
     failure.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  The Working Group had consensus to advance this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 Bill Fenner reviewed this spec for the IESG.  While Bill was a listed
 author of versions -00 through -03 of this document, that was
 a legacy of splitting this document from the PIM-SM spec.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce