Subject: Last Call: draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls (SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation Service over MPLS (CEM) Encapsulation) to Historic

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:25:32 -0400

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation Service over MPLS (CEM) Encapsulation '
   <draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls-09.txt> as a Historic

This documents contains work that was the basis of part of the
PWE3 WG's efforts, resulting in the publication of RFC4842 as
a standards track document. The document was specifically held 
from publication in any form until which time the PWE3 WG had finished
its work in this area.

Deployed implementations of this earlier work exist, though it is well 
understood the output of the PWE3 WG represents IETF Consensus and 
supersedes these mechansims. This document is now being published 
for the record as Historic to underscore that it documents work that has 
been obsoleted by PWE3 Standards Track work.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2007-10-23. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malis-sonet-ces-mpls-09.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=5608&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce