Subject: RFC 5006 on IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for DNS Configuration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5006

        Title:      IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for 
                    DNS Configuration 
        Author:     J. Jeong, Ed.,
                    S. Park, L. Beloeil,
                    S. Madanapalli
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26136
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5006.txt

This document specifies a new IPv6 Router Advertisement option to
allow IPv6 routers to advertise DNS recursive server addresses to
IPv6 hosts.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Discussion
and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo 
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce