Subject: RFC 5003 on Attachment Individual Identifier (AII) Types for Aggregation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5003

        Title:      Attachment Individual Identifier (AII) Types 
                    for Aggregation 
        Author:     C. Metz, L. Martini,
                    F. Balus, J. Sugimoto
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14559
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-aii-aggregate-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5003.txt

The signaling protocols used to establish point-to-point pseudowires
include type-length-value (TLV) fields that identify pseudowire
endpoints called attachment individual identifiers (AIIs).  This
document defines AII structures in the form of new AII TLV fields that
support AII aggregation for improved scalability and Virtual Private
Network (VPN) auto-discovery.  It is envisioned that this would be
useful in large inter-domain virtual private wire service networks
where pseudowires are established between selected local and remote
provider edge (PE) nodes based on customer need.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce