Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Router Advertisement Flags Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:56:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Router Advertisement Flags Option '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-ra-flags-option-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-ra-flags-option-02.txt

Technical Summary
 
  The IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol's Router Advertisement 
  message contains an 8-bit field reserved for single-bit flags.
  Several protocols have reserved flags in this field and 
  others are preparing to reserve a sufficient number of
  flags to exhaust the field.

  This document defines an option for the Router Advertisement
  message that expands the available number of flag bits by
  adding an additional 48 flag bits to NDP messages.

Working Group Summary 

  The working group reviewed the initial version of this document, 
  accepted it as an IPv6 w.g. document, and did a two week 
  working group last call on.  The current draft resolves
  issues raised during the discussion and the working group
  last call. 

Document Quality

  This specification has been reviewed by Jari Arkko for the
  IESG.

  There are no known implementations of this protocol extension.
  No feedback has been received on plans to implement.  It is
  expected that this option will be implemented by people 
  implementing the protocols that will use the new flags.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce