Subject: Protocol Action: 'The Archived-At Message Header Field' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:20:22 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Archived-At Message Header Field '
   <draft-duerst-archived-at-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Chris Newman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-archived-at-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
 This defines a new email header field, Archived-At:, to provide
 a direct link to the archived form of an individual email message.
 It can be added by mailing lists or news servers associated with an
 online archive.
 
Working Group Summary
 
 This is the product of an individual submitter.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 This was discussed on the message header field review mailing list.
 During development of this specification, a decision was made to allow
 folding whitespace in the middle of the URL, but to otherwise use a
 simpler and more restrictive syntax than RFC 2369 which covers a related
 topic.  This specification was reviewed for the IESG by Chris Newman.
 It has been used by the W3C and Gmane.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce