Subject: RFC 4942 on IPv6 Transition/Co-existence Security Considerations

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4942

        Title:      IPv6 Transition/Co-existence Security Considerations 
        Author:     E. Davies, S. Krishnan,
                    P. Savola
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 102878
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-v6ops-security-overview-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4942.txt

The transition from a pure IPv4 network to a network where IPv4 and
IPv6 coexist brings a number of extra security considerations that
need to be taken into account when deploying IPv6 and operating the
dual-protocol network and the associated transition mechanisms.  This
document attempts to give an overview of the various issues grouped
into three categories:

o  issues due to the IPv6 protocol itself,
o  issues due to transition mechanisms, and
o  issues due to IPv6 deployment.  

This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the IPv6 Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce