Subject: Document Action: 'DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:35:51 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) '
   <draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-weiler-dnssec-dlv-04.txt

Technical Summary

  DNSSEC Lookaside Validation (DLV) is a mechanism for distributing
  DNSSEC trust anchors within the DNS protocol.  In a world where DNSSEC
  resolvers seek to validate signed data from zones whose ancestors
  either are not signed or refuse to publish DS records for their
  children, DLV provides an alternative to manually configuring those
  resolvers with a large static set of trust anchors which must then be
  manually maintained.

Working Group Summary

  This document is not the product of an IETF Working Group.

Protocol Quality

  DLV is implemented in at least one open-source DNS resolver.

  This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce