Subject: RFC 4944 on Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.15.4 Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:32:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4944

        Title:      Transmission of IPv6 Packets over 
                    IEEE 802.15.4 Networks 
        Author:     G. Montenegro, N. Kushalnagar,
                    J. Hui, D. Culler
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 67232
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lowpan-format-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4944.txt

This document describes the frame format for transmission of IPv6
packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and
statelessly autoconfigured addresses on IEEE 802.15.4 networks.
Additional specifications include a simple header compression scheme
using shared context and provisions for packet delivery in IEEE
802.15.4 meshes.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Low power WPAN
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce