Subject: RFC 5011 on Automated Updates of DNS Security (DNSSEC) Trust Anchors

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:56:07 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5011

        Title:      Automated Updates of DNS Security 
                    (DNSSEC) Trust Anchors 
        Author:     M. StJohns
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30138
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5011.txt

This document describes a means for automated, authenticated, and
authorized updating of DNSSEC "trust anchors".  The method provides
protection against N-1 key compromises of N keys in the trust point
key set.  Based on the trust established by the presence of a current
anchor, other anchors may be added at the same place in the
hierarchy, and, ultimately, supplant the existing anchor(s).

This mechanism will require changes to resolver management behavior
(but not resolver resolution behavior), and the addition of a single
flag bit to the DNSKEY record.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce