Subject: Protocol Action: 'i;unicode-casemap - Simple Unicode Collation Algorithm' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:27:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'i;unicode-casemap - Simple Unicode Collation Algorithm '
   <draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Lisa Dusseault.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crispin-collation-unicasemap-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes "i;unicode-casemap", a simple
case-insensitive collation for Unicode strings. It provides
equality, substring and ordering operations.  This collation 
is required for IMAP i18n but can be used in other protocols 
as well.
 
Working Group Summary

This document is an individual submission. It was informally last
called in the IMAPEXT WG and consensus was reached that this collation
would be easier to implement than i;basic, thus it has a better chance
of being deployed.  
 
Protocol Quality
 
There is at least one server implementation of this document. At least
2 other server vendors are interested in implementing it.

Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd
for this document, and Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]> is the
responsible AD.  Both reviewed the document. As well, Cyrus Daboo reviewed
the document for the Apps-Review team.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce