Subject: RFC 5032 on WITHIN Search Extension to the IMAP Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:56:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5032

        Title:      WITHIN Search Extension to the 
                    IMAP Protocol 
        Author:     E. Burger, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8921
        Updates:    RFC3501
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lemonade-search-within-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5032.txt

This document describes the WITHIN extension to IMAP SEARCH.  IMAP
SEARCH returns messages whose internal date is within or outside a
specified interval.  The mechanism described here, OLDER and YOUNGER,
differs from BEFORE and SINCE in that the client specifies an
interval, rather than a date.  WITHIN is useful for persistent
searches where either the device does not have the capacity to
perform the search at regular intervals or the network is of limited
bandwidth and thus there is a desire to reduce network traffic from
sending repeated requests and redundant responses.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Enhancements to Internet email to 
support diverse service environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce