Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Multicast MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:17:58 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Multicast MIB '
   <draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the MBONE Deployment Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mboned-ip-mcast-mib-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
   for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
   In particular, it describes objects used for managing multicast
   function, independent of the specific multicast protocol(s) in use.
   This document obsoletes RFC 2932.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   There was strong support in the MBONED WG for the adoption of this
   document. There was a general consensus that this MIB addition was
   overdue. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document is largely based on RFC2932 and will make it obsolete. 

   There are many implementations of RFC2932 and there are 
   implementations of earlier versions of this draft. Cisco Systems has  
   implemented an earlier version of this draft and Data Connection Ltd 
   has implemented a version of this draft. 

   The document has been reviewed by MIB Doctors Keith McCloghrie and 
Bert Wijnen and by Area Director Dan Romascanu.

Note to RFC Editor
 
1. In the compliance statements of the MIB module in Section 6, please 
   delete the lines that say 
        MIN-ACCESS read-only
   for the following objects:
        ipMcastRouteUpstreamNeighborType - page 46
        ipMcastRouteUpstreamNeighbor - page 46
        ipMcastRouteRtAddressType - page 46
        ipMcastRouteRtAddress - page 46
        ipMcastZoneScopeAddressType - page 51
        ipMcastZoneScopeAddress - page 52

2. page 56, Section 7.2, please delete ipMcastScopeNameTable from the 
   list of read-write and read-create objects.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce