Subject: RFC 4984 on Report from the IAB Workshop on Routing and Addressing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:33:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4984

        Title:      Report from the IAB Workshop 
                    on Routing and Addressing 
        Author:     D. Meyer, Ed.,
                    L. Zhang, Ed.,
                    K. Fall, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      39
        Characters: 96153
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-iab-raws-report-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4984.txt

This document reports the outcome of the Routing and Addressing
Workshop that was held by the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) on
October 18-19, 2006, in Amsterdam, Netherlands.  The primary goal of
the workshop was to develop a shared understanding of the problems
that the large backbone operators are facing regarding the
scalability of today's Internet routing system.  The key workshop
findings include an analysis of the major factors that are driving
routing table growth, constraints in router technology, and the
limitations of today's Internet addressing architecture.  It is hoped
that these findings will serve as input to the IETF community and
help identify next steps towards effective solutions.

Note that this document is a report on the proceedings of the
workshop.  The views and positions documented in this report are
those of the workshop participants and not of the IAB.  Furthermore,
note that work on issues related to this workshop report is
continuing, and this document does not intend to reflect the
increased understanding of issues nor to discuss the range of
potential solutions that may be the outcome of this ongoing work.  This 
memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Internet Architecture Board.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce