Subject: Protocol Action: 'Common Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Implementation Issues and Suggested Fixes' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:20:12 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Common Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) 
   Implementation Issues and Suggested Fixes '
   <draft-ietf-radext-fixes-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-fixes-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes common issues seen in RADIUS implementations
   and suggests some fixes.  Where applicable, ambiguities and errors in
   previous RADIUS specifications are clarified.

Working Group Summary
 
   This document originally included issues and fixes relating to RFC
3576, but it was decided that handling that in a separate document (RFC
3576bis) would be more appropriate.  During the development of this
document, a number of issues required extended discussion, most recently
text relating to handling of duplicate detection within RADIUS.   

Protocol Quality
 
 This document describes issues that have been raised as a result of the
widespread deployment of RADIUS for authentication, authorization and
accounting. The document was reviewed by Dan Romascanu for the IESG and by
Joseph Saloway for the Security Directorate.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce